Really low stilettos/kitten heels

We're not "fighting" Laurie, just thoroughly enjoying a bit of good-natured banter and ribbing! Yes of course - everyone to their own taste! I am simply tickled by the bizarre phenomenon of members joining this "HIGH(!) Heel Meeting Place" and then eulogising about f, f, f, f, f, f, f, flatties! It's like the Anti Nuclear Warfare movement suddenly saying that the best thing around is the Atomic Bomb! I'm not fighting about it, I just find it unbelievably hilarious! Very cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

those little heeled slides have been standard fare around this house all summer long. My wife, both daughters and daughter-in-law, bought 4 pairs each on sale at Wal-Mart back in June. Little heels in pastel colors with little flirtty bows and things on the vamp straps, bare feet, polished toe nails, toe rings and ankle bracelets made it bearable. But, ....ah, I'm so glad summer is over. LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

We're not "fighting" Laurie, just thoroughly enjoying a bit of good-natured banter and ribbing!

Yes of course - everyone to their own taste! I am simply tickled by the bizarre phenomenon of members joining this "HIGH(!) Heel Meeting Place" and then eulogising about f, f, f, f, f, f, f, flatties! It's like the Anti Nuclear Warfare movement suddenly saying that the best thing around is the Atomic Bomb!

I'm not fighting about it, I just find it unbelievably hilarious!

Very cheerfully yours, Heelfan

I don't think you read all of my last post......

Ok. You kinda got me there. I don't really care for the flats, but the kittens are lovely.

Yes, I am being serious.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my heels high too.

You're exaggerating just a little too much, no?

I like 4" pumps just as much as I do some of the kitten heels. Maybe it's just me....I still don't get what's funny though.

In fact, my first pair of shoes are the 4" babydoll pumps.......

Bubba, the Walmarts where I lived caried mules and shoes like that with heels that were three inches or so. Well, I picked up a cheap pair there with a three inch heel, for mucking about, so to speak. On a budget, a girl makes do. And of course, Walmart had strappy sandals with a four inch heel as well. I think it proves my theory that not every Walmart receives the same stock, even in the same city, let alone country, or continent.

I guess that's the advantge of buying in bulk. If you buy the entire manufacturing run of a product, you can get items at a fantastically low unit cost. Is there any truth to the rumor that Wal-Mart is buying China? Imagin the slogan "made in Wal-Mart." If true, the people in the worlds most populated country will be know as "Wal-Martese." I can't imagin 3 billion smily faces , though :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The People's Republic of Walmart. The Flag would change, certainly. Big Yellow smiley up in the corner of that red field. And a new anthem to be heard at the olympics. One of those dumb Walmart songs where they talk about rolling back prices. Okay, maybe Walmart's bulk purchasing of lower heeled sandals is leading to something we need to stop, and stop now!

i have to add that those ridiculous practically flat styles with the toe that curls to the roof look additionally vulgar. Apparently new fashion. Only the idiots who follow 'fashion' would wear them. Theyd look more like fetish foot-trainers if they were a bit more solid. Im not into kitten heels either. they really do look like someone has snapped the main heel off and left the stump. But as were here to fight fashion freedom i will let it be each to their own peace!

I have 2 pairs of court shoes with 2.5" heels. The base of the heel is about 3/4" wide, I wear these shoes for walking on a local coast path at night. I would like to get a pair that has 2.5" block heels as they are more suitable for walking on soft ground, but I can't find a pair anywhere in a UK size 12. I have loads of 4" heel court shoes, but you try walking in them on an uneven track at night, in a straight skirt and see how far you get! :(

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

The People's Republic of Walmart. The Flag would change, certainly.

Big Yellow smiley up in the corner of that red field. And a new anthem to be heard at the olympics. One of those dumb Walmart songs where they talk about rolling back prices.

Okay, maybe Walmart's bulk purchasing of lower heeled sandals is leading to something we need to stop, and stop now!

Okay, maybe we should stop shopping at Walmart! Along with a few well-written letters explaining why.

Here's an opportunity to practice the 'ole writing skills. I swear I've written about 29 words for free to the 1 I've sold. And that includes Congress, corporate America, and the local homeowner's association!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not every shoe style looks good on every woman. A thin woman with narrow feet can be extremely attractive to me wearing a short dress or skirt and kitten-heel sandals. Most of the kitten-heel pumps I see are ugly by themselves but on the right woman become very attractive.

I saw a 14-16 year old girl at the local shopping centre (mall for those in the states) she thought she was so cool wearing what she thought were high heels (they were 2.5" Kittens! if she only knew about my 6" "avatars" ( or Ruud's ballert boots :D she might like them! :rofl: :( later, TXT-1

• 3 weeks later...

I know EXACTLY how you's feel...I've seen some of the girls round my college wearing the same 'heels' if you can call them that and I think they totaly defeat the object of having a heel. I hear a nice noice comming down the hall...I look down only to find the FEET ARE FLAT........UURRGGHHH.... me no chuffed with the idea

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

We're not "fighting" Laurie, just thoroughly enjoying a bit of good-natured banter and ribbing!

Yes of course - everyone to their own taste! I am simply tickled by the bizarre phenomenon of members joining this "HIGH(!) Heel Meeting Place" and then eulogising about f, f, f, f, f, f, f, flatties! It's like the Anti Nuclear Warfare movement suddenly saying that the best thing around is the Atomic Bomb!

I'm not fighting about it, I just find it unbelievably hilarious!

Very cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Hmmm...

With good-natured intent, I disagree!

First, Given the general fashion trends in today's society, anything higher than 1" on a shoe worn by a guy can conceivably called "high," as there are no men's shoes with higher heels (save perhaps for cowboy boots).

Second, what's the matter with The Bomb? Although a lot of lives were lost during the only two times it was actually used, more than double those numbers would have been lost on both sides if we'd chosen not to use it, and the cold war actually saved a lot of lives due to the unbelievably heavy price of failure and a very marked reluctance to enter convential conflict (save for the U.S.'s incredibly stupid actions in Vietnam).

But this is about heels, not warfare...

I'm not sure if these are low enough to be called "kitten heels," but I like 'em!

Posted Image

Kitten Heels!

Posted Image

In case it hasn't occurred to the men here, heel wearing men and women look at women's shoes from totally different views. While we men like the looks and crave the excitement of classic pumps with 5" stiletto heels, women choose shoe as accessories to compliment the clothes they are wearing. Fashion coordination. My wife and both daughters usually thoroughly review their collection of footwear to make certain they have the shoes that are appropriate to wear with the new "outfit." And, if they decide they don't have the shoes, they purchase them. Fashion correct and fully coordinated at all times is their objective. Meanwhile, I wear brown shoes and stockings with brown tones and black with darker clothing.

While we men like the looks and crave the excitement of classic pumps with 5" stiletto heels, women choose shoe as accessories to compliment the clothes they are wearing. Fashion coordination. My wife and both daughters usually thoroughly review their collection of footwear to make certain they have the shoes that are appropriate to wear with the new "outfit." And, if they decide they don't have the shoes, they purchase them. Fashion correct and fully coordinated at all times is their objective.

You're absolutely right - most men are more attracted to the tittelating aspects, whereas most women are more attracted to the overall look/style/fashion.

But not all men conform to the men's "norm," and not all women conform to the women's "norm."

In fact, from casual (and abundant) observation, I would argue that most men are more interested in conservative clothing for themselves, and moderately sexy clothing on their SOs, whereas most women are more interested in stylishly comfortable clothing for themselves, and handsomely attractive clothing on their SOs.

Neither sex, however, seems to get it right very often! Although that seems to be their goals, for the most part the men fall short and go with half-way decent looking clothing that barely (and it's iffy) works, and most women don't really seem to know what's in style and what's not, and do not do a very decent job coordinating even when they do manage to pick a style that works for them.

About the only exceptions (and it's not a given, but the odds do improve) are the rich and famous that frequent the tables in places like the Bellagio, the Venetian, between the hours of 10:00pm and midnight on Fri and Sat nights, and at exclusive clubs such as Ra.

genebj wrote:

most women don't really seem to know what's in style and what's not, and do not do a very decent job coordinating even when they do manage to pick a style that works for them.

While that might be true for the majority of women walking around free, it doesn't apply to my wife and girls. Their mother taught them well. While not into glamorous "Paris designer creations" or haute couture labels, simple elegance is their trade mark -- always well dressed for the occasion. And, simple elegance ain't cheep. (just ask me how glad I am that the girls no longer depend upon daddy's credit cards :D )

• 2 weeks later...

Not too long for me, and I dread it. 2 girls will be in their teens in a coupla years, mercifully one will be in about 12 years :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly