Midlands meet up

squirrelheels

I posted a reply last night but dunno where it went so I'll try again. I am OK on Friday and Xaphod will be stopping over on Thursday night (I can taste the curry already!) so we will definitely be there. Anybody else? As a meeting place I suggest either Lloyds No 1 bar in the canal area near the railway station/Broadmarsh centre. Alternatively is there a convenient meeting place in the Broadmarsh centre? Lets say 12:00 noon as a time. Whos up for it then?

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I still need to check if I'm ok for this... Looks like my Easter Holidays are starting to get crowded already! Doesn't mean it can't go ahead though just cos I'm not there of course! Broadmarsh may be easier... Alternatively if most people are coming by train, we could meet in the foyer of the train station or the car park infront of that. There is a car park very near to that for those coming by car, although be warned that it's a city centre car park so expect to pay at least a fiver for parking there for the good few hours that you/we'll be doing things. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Right .... Thursday evening curry is definite .... presently backfiring on an over-enthusiastic chilli I made for lunch. I'll roll up the motorway on Thurs afternoon .... we can co-ordinate final landing time by text. Xa

Sadly, I've just discovered I've got to work late Thursday, and Friday as well. So I'm afraid I can't be there. Perhaps we should just pick another day. Sorry, Xa.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm available for a good few hours from late morning (if I can get out of bed) to mid-late afternoon. Evening is a no go since I have a re-scheduled music rehersal that evening. Who else is available? SH

Squirrel - Looks like you me and Xaphod so far. As you are local to Notts please can you name a meeting point and time. Xaphod and I will probably come in on the park and ride from the meadows area. I suggest a meeting point in the Broadmarsh somewhere. Time 12:00 noon. A cafe or convenient place should do us fine. My mobile phone number is 07812 105936. Come on the rest of you. I'm laying off work for the day for this meeting (No work = no pay :D ) No pay = no heels :wink:

Calv

Well, I live just over from the meadows (thankfully not in the meadows) so we could meet at the bus stop on the city side of trent bridge going into the city. Either that, or like you say, broadmarsh... SH

Yup, if anyone needs directions or wants to go from the train station, PM or email me - I'll check it just before I leave which'll be about 1pm ish. It'd be great if there were more than just us three! So surprise us! SH

Well... We met up at 1:30 as planned, and wandered around the good shoe shops in Nottingham working our way up through the city from Broadmarsh to the Vicky Centre via the Market Square... Then we stopped off at Starbucks for a couple of hours chatting, which is always a cool thing to do in Starbucks! Then we parted ways and went home... No shoe purchasing was done today unfortunately. I'd spent out last Saturday...! No pictures were taken, unless Xaphod or Calv had a hidden camera or something! All in all it was a good meeting, even if it was short and purchase-less! SH

It was good to meet up with SquirrelHeels yesterday. Always nice to be able to attach a human person to the electronic people we see on the board. Xaphod and I started off at Fosse Park in Leicester for a look around the stores there. Bhs :wink: nice line in Lilac slingbacks but not a lot else. Found a nice pair of 3" heel ankle boots in Dorothy Perkins size 8 which fitted me nicely. Reduced to £30 in the sale (£5 off) - wonder if they'll come down further? Next was Next but not a lot there - its all sandals and flip flops this time of year. Found a nice pair of cork wedge sandals in Marks & Spencers which have got the old wallet itching..... I'll see if I can find a photo on their site. We then walked over to Asda and found some nice brown leather stillettos at only £18 - funny how all the larger sizes had gone.... The largest they had was a size 5. After a light lunch we drove up to Nottingham and met up with SH. Only having a vague idea what he looked like I was pleased to get a text message when we were about 2 shops away. Soon spotted him after that. After a walk around Nottingham (25 years on from the last time I had walked round the shopping centres there) we checked out the various shoe shops but again full up with sandals, flip-flops and some bizarre boot designs. Saw those J-Lo type high heeled desert boots boots on sale at 2 shops. Not seen any on the streets yet though. We also visited the Goth shop for a look at their range of boots but all standard Gothy platform/metal clumpers and one pair of PVC stilettos. Then as SH posted we went to Starbucks for a coffee (no beer - we cant go corrupting the younger members of the board!!) and a chat which lasted 2 hours before parting (did you get the Creme Eggs SH?) and returning home. A very enjoyable day - and no noticeable hassle from anybody else. I wore a pair of George loafers with 3" heel and black opaque knee highs with ongish black jeans Xaphod wore his Western Ranch 5" cowboy boots and Squirrel his 4 inch sandals with long jeans and black socks.

Calv

Yup, it was a pretty good day! I wouldn't have minded going to the pub... but Starbucks was nicer and it's not the right time of day for alcohol! And yes, I did get some creme eggs! Just about managed to get 9 of them! 3 gone already...! :wink: Dammit, all this talk of them is making me want another! No... must.... make.... them.... last.... Oh sod it. 4 down. 5 to go! SH

I have seen the stiletto desert boots on the streets once, just a few days ago. These were very pointed with a heel well over 4 inches high, probably nearer to 5 inches, laced up, and with a small but chunky padded black shiny collar round the top of the boot shaft. Very nice, and the girl wearing them walked easily despite their heel height. Those were a lot higher then a pair I saw in a shop a few days ago. I nearly stopped her, and asked where she got them, but as she was only about 16, and her friend was slightly younger, I didn't.

I have seen the stiletto desert boots on the streets once, just a few days ago. These were very pointed with a heel well over 4 inches high, probably nearer to 5 inches, laced up, and with a small but chunky padded black shiny collar round the top of the boot shaft. Very nice, and the girl wearing them walked easily despite their heel height. Those were a lot higher then a pair I saw in a shop a few days ago. I nearly stopped her, and asked where she got them, but as she was only about 16, and her friend was slightly younger, I didn't.

I've got a pair, but mine are around 3" high. I'd love a 5" pair, but I'll just have to keep looking. They are astonishingly comfortable, and will likely be worn a lot this summer!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yam Yam We saw the desert boots in Fosse Park New Look at £29.99 up to size 8. Heel size looked about 4". Are these the ones issued to the British troops in the Gulf :D We did Coventry today starting at Makro Cash & Carry where they had several pairs of boots in the sale. Trying them on was interesting as the left boot was cable-tied to the right boot! Bondage Boots! Need a pair of cable cutters to try them on properly. Xaphod bought a new pair of leather trousers in very soft leather and I am having serious thoughts about another pair. In the Makro flier which I get every 2 weeks there was mention of some Lotus courts with a square toe, but no sign in the warehouse. :D After seeing the wedge sandals in M&S yesterday we went to M&S Coventry for another look only to find that no sandals were stocked. :(:o Looks like another trip to Leicester :wink: (Since driving the truck I always fill it up at Total Garages where I collect the Marks & Spencers vouchers and have £35 worth due to me - I think I know where they are going)

Calv

• 3 weeks later...

Ooops I missed that one. I have been so busy doing improvement work at the golf club recently I didn't catch the day. Oh well, I'm glad you had a good time. Rest assured SH, that if I had been there we would have found a pub no matter what time of day it was! There's always next time for a pint though :wink:

Went out clubbing last Saturday, and saw several girls wearing the J-Lo boots. One had them in brilliant in white, with very thin laces.

I also saw her a few hours earlier on the train. She got hers in New Look, and sat close by travelling on the train. She was really pleased with her boots, and showed them to us. What do you do when a 16-year old asks your opinion as to whether her boots look too much like ice-skating boots, or not? Of course, I said they were unusual, that I had never seen anything like that before, and asked where she got them, and so on. If only she knew what I know. Hee hee.

The other two pairs in the club were pink and camel coloured. The local New Look only had them in camel with coloured laces, and 4 inch brown heels, when i looked today.

I have seen higher ones on the street, but I still don't know where they were bought. I would expect United Footware to have something similar, but I haven't looked in there for nearly 6 weeks now.

I've seen them in green, also. I must admit, mine are about - hang on... - 3.5" or so, but with really thin stiletto heels. I've seen them with higher but slightly thicker heels, but not with stilettos. I'm happy with mine, just looking for a chance to wear them again. And I've also seen them as mules! Don't have a photo, but they looked quite nice. I was shopping with a good friend who almost persuaded me to buy them :wink: