Midlands meet up

squirrelheels

Would anyone who lives in the Midlands area (or indeed anyone else who doesn't mind travelling) fancy a meet up in Nottingham. You might say I'm a bit selfish for suggesting Nottingham, and I agree... but I have reasons... being that:

<ul>[*]I'm a poor student without a car

[*]It means I don't have to feed my parents excuses about where I'm going - A day and evening out in town with friends is nothing they haven't heard before, so they'd cope with that

[*]I'd like to meet up with you guys... it's all very nice talking via this message board, but I know it would help me to see some of you more confident and experienced guys in the flesh...

Whaddya think?

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Sounds good to me. A face to face meetup is definitely a good idea. Sundays are easier for me than Saturdays, due to looking after little one. Let's go for it. Who else is up for it?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Unfortunately Sundays aren't good for me... I'm busy in the mornings and the evenings with little time inbetween that, what with lunch and dinner as well! A Saturday would be best for me if at all possible... are people able to manage that? I don't wanna exclude people from coming just because they're not available, and I'd prefer to be there myself if possible! And yes, trains are great for Nottingham. The station is right in the city centre, about 5 minutes walk away from one of the shopping centres! :lol: (which has Stead & Simpson, Barratts, Gordon Scott, Jonathan James, Raid, mk|one, New Look and probably some other I've forgotten about...!) SH

would love to meet up with other guys in heels. Am located in the midlands, but can only do weekdays if thats any good to anyone.

cheers

Highguy

Depends on the weekday... I could be persuaded to take a day off from the office :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi guys

Am free all day this monday, have just started out in public in jeans that show off all the heel of my shows, so very excited

Cheers Highguy

Eek! I'd need slightly more notice than that! Goodness me - I have to furtle time off work :lol:

Unfortunately, 26th is a no go for me, being in the middle of the week. I only have this week off (half term). 8th March is a possibility though. There's a RHCP gig in London on the 8th as it happens... not that that bears any relevence to the meet up! SH

Can't do the 26th, sadly, as I'm booked working that day. And I can't do the 8th March as it's a Saturday, I think. Perhaps... Hmm... if it's definite, then I'll try and arrange something.

Squirrelheels, if that's the Red Hot Chilli Peppers you are referring to, you have SERIOUSLY good taste in music! Would like to go and see them myself but I am playing in my own band that night! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

It is indeed the Chilis I was referring to! Some of my friends are going, but I'm not. I would like to see them in concert at some point, but I have other things I need to spend my money on, like paying back my friend for a drum kit! Maybe another time! SH

Squirrelheels, if that's the Red Hot Chilli Peppers you are referring to, you have SERIOUSLY good taste in music! Would like to go and see them myself but I am playing in my own band that night!

Jay

Hasn't he just! :lol:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

So any dates then people? Are you 18 yet SH? I know you are a big lad and all that, and have made up your mind, but I wouldn't want to be accused of corrupting you by your mummy and daddy :wink: Besides you can meet all sorts of wicked shoe wearing people on the internet!

Hahaha! I wouldn't be worried about corrupting me! Although I'm not 18 yet... I have been into pubs though, so that'd be no problem... I went home via the pub from church the other week, my parents aren't at all fussed about that I don't think! I think the Easter Holidays would be the best time for it, that way I'm available during the week as well as Saturdays. If some people can do some dates but not others, then we could always have two meets if needs be!!!! For those not aware, the dates of the Easter Holidays is the two weeks surrounding Easter weekend, Sat 12 April - Sat 26th April, and I'm available for pretty much all of those dates, although obviously not all... My friend's parents are going away for those two weeks, which = one long party! And he has a hot tub too.... ooh yeah! :wink: So when are you available between those dates then? SH

I've got Easter free at the moment. Certainly here in the heathen West Midlands Good Friday is treated as a normal working day except all the banks are shut. Everybody then gets Tuesday off. THe big shops only close on Easter Sunday. I will find out what easter holidays I get from my truck driving. Its about time we met up again.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

It looks like I might have to leave a little early, but I'm still up for a Good Friday meet-up. Looks like there'll be quite a few of us, so that'll be most excellent.