Paint and scuff on heels?

Does anyone know how to remove paint from man made material, not leather. The paint is on the shaft not the heel itself. Does nayone know how to remove a scuff on white patent material. The scuff is black, plus I have a white scuff on my black patent boots. Could I use paint remover on both?

Negative on the paint remover unless you really know what yer doing! Most paint removers contain things that are almost sure to damage the shoes or something else. One thing that I have successfully done in the past is to VERY CAREFULLY scrape the paint off with a scalpel, razor knife, or Exacto knife. If you know what kind of paint it is (water-based, etc) you might try using that ingredient to dissolve the paint. Another technique is to use oil or petroleum jelly to soften-up the paint and wipe it away, but NEVER do this with leather shoes or heels. Sometimes just plain soap & water will do the job. In the absolute worst case you can try covering-up the paint with a dye that matches the shoes.

Scuffs are best removed with either alcohol or soap & water. In the absolute worst case you can use a fine emory board to sand -down the scuff and then re-dye the area.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

A word to the wise: when I say worst case condition I mean that you've already tried everything else and failed and now you have one last shot at it before you toss the shoes (or whatever) in the dustbin. In other words, worst case is just that! It's yer last stop on the way to the dumpster. :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels