The adventures of Latindancer!

latindancer

Plus, I will like to say, that the more expensive the shoes the better the feel and comfort. The Marni boots felt amazing. The Louboutins felt nice but the shoebox was very tight, therefore, I felt uncomfortable. The Stewart were very nice and felt perfect. I felt like I can be in them forever. Therefore, the better quality I believe the better feel and comfort.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latindancer:-) Most men are built like you and me with broad shoulders. There may not be much you can do about it. Some blouses and dresses will look right on you and some will make you look like a line backer in a blouse. I too, wear a 17/18 dress, sometimes a 16, depends on the manufacturer. My jeans are a 16, my shoe size is 7.5 Medium in heels, with an 8M or 9M in a heeled boot. I'm not much on flats as they make my ankles look very broad, but heels don't. Women's clothes feel more comfortable on my body than the men's styles and I prefer that feel more and I much like the choice of fabrics on me also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures with us. I admire you going to the different locales and and just enjoying every moment and the reactions you receive from the various onlookers. You are an inspiration to us all. Please keep the stories coming.

Here's the bad part about the body. I'm all over the place. In jeans I'm a size 12, but can fit easily in a size 10. It's amazing cause when I first started heeling I was a size 14. Tops I'm an XL, so I'm trying to loss weight on the top part of my body. Dresses especially with a no stretchy top I am a size 17/18. Could you believe that. I hate that tremendously. I am trying to get that down. Very broad shoulders. That's why I am trying on clothes at the store and taking pictures to see what looks good and what doesn't.

I can grasp that. I usually wear a size 14 when it comes to skirts. If I were to lose five to ten pounds, I think I could make it into a 12. I don't know how I'd look in a dress, but it might be interesting to find out. My shoulders aren't all that broad, but with long arms, I'd problems with sleeves on women's tops which is why I stick with men's tops. I agree that experimentation is the only way to find out if a garment will work for you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, Saturday was a boring day for me. I wasn't really able to do anything other than take care of my son. Finally, when my son went to bed at 9, I decided to go to the movies. Well, I didn't go to the movies cause I really wanted to just go heeling. I even put on a new jeans knee lenght skirt I wanted to try on. I put in on in the car and along with my knee high 3.5" stilletoe boots, I went driving around. I stopped at a assortment of stores which was closed but had a nice veranda to walk around. Of couse, people driving along the street could see who was walking around the stores, but I didn't care. I got out and sported my skirt and heels and walked around. There was one store that was opened but I walked right pass it and then back. Finally, I got back on the car and went into a movie rental place. I opened an account and got movies to rent. No reaction. When I left, you can see them smiling though. They were about to close therefore, I think I made the rest of their night. After that, I had these other heels in the car and skirts, so I went back to the stores with that nice veranda and changed a couple of times. I walked with this nice short skirt and my VS heels which I think looked awesome and took some videos of me walking around. The videos are big therefore I can't post them here. They are close to over 60MB. I don't know how to get pictures from the videos though. If I figure it out I will post some pics. It was fun, even though late, but I walked around in a short skirt and excellent heels. This place has over 15 stores therefore, I left far from the car. Latindancer

...The videos are big therefore I can't post them here. They are close to over 60MB. I don't know how to get pictures from the videos though...Latindancer

Try Windows Movie Maker. You should be able to open your video with it, then regenerate it in a lower resolution. WMM also I think can grab still shots from it.

:w00t2: Well, today was an excellent day. Let me explain why. I did my normal. I took my son to school and decided to go to the Eagle Ridge Mall today to try on some outfits. I have to admit that white dresses are just beautiful. Well, while trying on outfit, I had this very nice skirt on. My heels are rooking by the way. 4" stilletoe round toe black pumps. Very nice and the feel was excellent. With the skirt, I decided to go out of the fitting room and try to find another top that will match the skirt. Just like I did in JCPenney. I first did it and no reaction. Scared as heel, and heart pounding but went and did it. Stepped out of the dressing room and slowly went to the womens area. Then did it again and no reaction. Finally I started going farther from the dressing room and no reaction. People saw me and some you can see eyes getting bigger but that was all. Finally when I was done trying on outfits. I decided to wear my jeans skirt and heels out of the dressing room. I put everything else I wore in, in my bag and started walking around Dillards. Heart pounding cause this was my own clothes. No reaction. Went to makeup department and asked a couple question. You can tell that they knew who it was for...:lmao: great. I looked at the rest of the mall. I was getting scared to walk down the mall(funny huh, especially since I was walking like that in the department store),finally said what the hell and decided to enter the mall. I was conscious of my surrounding. I can hear the heels clicking, clicking, and clacking along. I can feet my shaved legs along the skirt but I Walked the mall. I was a little nervous but after no response from anyone, I walked with confidence. I did hear one guy say, "That's sick" but oh well, your sick. I went in a Lane Bryant, and was asked if there was anything I needed help with and try on. Again, they knew for who it was for.....;-) awesome. I went into JCPenney and nothing. I walked back through the mall and nothing. I took a couple of pictures and videos. Once back at Dillards, I was going to change back into my jeans but decided against it. I left the store as is. To my car, and changed my shoes. I was getting tired of the heels cause they were eating at my heel area. NOw I know that I must wear stocking/hose with these heels. Changed into my boots 3.5" black knee high, and went back into JCPenney to walk around. This time I was looking for response. By some miracle it looked like everyone in the mall decided to go into JCPenney. I walked around and nothing, just a guy in skirt and heels. I finally asked a worker at the store to take a picture of me and she said that someone else wanted to take a picture. A guy came around and I let him take it. 12 people were around and finally was asked why I was wearing what I was wearing. I told them first I like too, and next I wanted to see peoples reaction to what I was wearing. Overall, great day. Got complimented on my legs by 2 old ladies. Got told that a skirt is no big deal by other ladies(asked what was under mines....Hahaha), heels was other thing though. Got told by another lady that I had no butt(true). Oh well, can't win them all. Hope you like the pictures. The first picture is what I looked like when I walked around the mall and Dillards(first time), jeans skirt knee lenght, and VS(not Victoria Secret) 4" stilletoe black round toe pumps. The next picture is me at JCPenney when I change to my knee high boots. The third picture is me from a mirror of what I was wearing the first time out of the dressing room. Black skirt and the round toe heels. Loved every minute of it. I will do this again.

post-9863-133522875388_thumb.jpg

post-9863-133522875398_thumb.jpg

post-9863-133522875404_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you had an interesting outing. I find all reactions, good, bad, or neutral, are always fun to hear and you can gage the public on the various place you go. I admire your free spirit with your attire, attitude, and choice of wardrobe and high heels. Please keep the stories coming. Thanks for your insights.

Latindancer: WOW! Most impressive! Most impressive indeed! While I've been aching to wear a skirt and heels inn public, you've boldly gone ahead and shown us all just how it's done, and did so in a mall to boot! Double WOW! You've certainly got stones, my friend. My hat off to you! Oh, yeah, the pictures were equally sharp as you displayed a fine sense of style in everything you wore. Two thumbs up!

Amazing, simply amazing! You have to be proud of yourself as I am of you. Like JeffB, I have been toying with the idea of wearing a skirt and pumps out, but have yet to do it in a more traditional setting. (I have done it at Halloween and at alternative clubs.) What I love about what you are doing is that in recent posts you have identified what you wanted and patiently pushed yourself until you just did it! I applaud you and am truly inspired. So, now that you have accomplished this goal, what's next?

Style is built from the ground up!

What's for the future? I don't know. Maybe wear my sandals out. I need the balls to do that, or open toe pumps. I really would like to spend a day wearing the skirt/pumps/hose for the whole day. I am getting know in one store, so I think me wearing a skirt there would've been no big deal. As I walked in I got asked if I found any of the makeup I wanted(I asked about a good foundation for me, told Dermablend). She was referring to me. She looked down as I was wearing my round toe 4" pumps. Right now, I just want to try on clothes. I want to see what will look good on me. Also, maybe wear my boots outside the jeans, but like everyone said that I have to coordinate my outfit for that. The world is my canvass and I have plenty of paints that I can use on it......so to speak.... :lmao: The adventures will continue.... :w00t2: I am going to a hiring conference in Virginia and after that to Rhode Island to see a lot of my high school friends. So, a lot of time for heeling in other places. So, if anyone is hampton roads wants to get together, or somewhere along the 95, just PM me. Latindancer

Well, today for at least 4 hours did the same as last time. I went into Sears of Eagle Ridge Mall, with skinny ladies jeans, grey long sleeve knit style shirt, and 4" open toe pumps. I was a little self conscious cause I never worn open toe pumps before, so I went in(carry a bag with a skirt). As I walked in people looked but nothing. Got outfits as normal and went to the fitting room. ONce done trying on the clothes, I decided to wear my skirt. It's the same one as last time. I started walking around Sears. This time a lot of people looked, no reaction, other than bigger eyes. I really didn't care though. I went to get some intimates and a gay guy was there doing price checking. He looked at my outfit and I can tell he was shocked but no facial reaction. Well, while I was moving around the area, he was there. I go to womens section, he was at the checkout area. Telling the cash registers probably. I go to the shoe area, he's there. I go to the mens section(where the fitting room was at), try on clothes, and when I got out, there he was price checking right there. He saw me placing all the womens clothes back. When I was putting the womans clothes back on the racks he was around the area. Everytime I walked by him, he would look down on my feet, and legs. Other than that, no one else gave me any responses that I cared about. Customers, nothing. I was just a guy in skirt and heels. I even left the store like that. Now, picture this. It was pouring out. Raining cats and dogs and I was at the entrance of Sears waiting for it to dy down, but it didn't. People can in, looked and no reaction. Finally, her's the good part. I decide to leave. I tried to run in my heels....hahahah...short steps, very feminine, but I couldn't do it for that long. Finally I started taking quicker short steps to get to my car. I think the best part of the day was the last. Running in heels was a blast. Plus, getting my toes wet due to open toe pumps...hehehe Wow!! Awesome time. Picture later. Latindancer

If he wasn't gay, then his mannerism sure needs to be helped. I also heard him talk and again, if he's not gay then he needs help. Talk, mannerism and style to go with that. GAY!!!!! I was in the military and trust me I got taught how to figure out gays by gay guys. It's not that hard, when the mannerism are there. The hard gay ones are the ones that are macho, talk like a man, acts like a man, even talk about women as a normal guy, but are gay. Those are the hard ones to figure out. Those are the ones you say "What?", but the others are very noticeable and easy to figure out. He wasn't security. I saw security when walking around. Big guy and all he do was look and that was it. Security was mostly close to the electronics section.

A security gay guy---now that IS something. I sat next to gay guys in the post threatres when in the military. My friends wouldn't, but I said that that didn't bother me as they weren't going to hit on me and were busy holding hands with each other when the lights went out for the film. I was there for the show and it was obvious that they were there for each other. Nothing rubbed off on me from them. To each his own. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Latindancer... Congratulations on your outing. I think it cool the variety of reactions you received or not received that you noticed during your outing. I have several pairs of open-toed high heels that I wear in public. I have gotten looks, but no real reactions when I have worn them with my suits and slacks. I admire you for running in high heels. I haven't had to do that for some time. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and keep them coming.

Well, let me keep people up to date of what's going on. Last Monday, I had a hiring conference in Norfolk, Virginia. After, the conference, and interviews. I decided to go out. Just want everyone to know that I decided to CD for the first time in a long while. I was wearing my 3.5" brown knee high boots, skirt and other stuff. Well, I know I'm partial passable, but with the wig, it made it more noticable if you really look at the face. Well, I didn't care. I wanted to go out and enjoy myself. Well, I went JCPenny, saw a movie, and did other shopping(Target and Walmart). Overall, no one cared or said anything. It was a good outing. The day before I did go out in for a least a couple hours in a skirt and heels without no one caring, no makeup or wig. The boots were my 3.5" black Naturalizer boots that I constantly wear. I went to a Barnes and Noble and then later to another JCPenney and no comments and no responses.

Last Thursday was a great day. I was with my niece in New York City. My niece knows about my CDing and heeling(she's a member of this site). Well, I wanted to be a tourist in the city so, I asked her to show my around. I haven't been in the city since 1992. Well, lets just say that I told her I was going to wear my brown 3.5" thick heel brown knee high boots. Overall, nothing. I was everywhere in the city. We went to time square, where the twin towers where, the statue of liberty, rockefeller center, and other places, and no comments. I did get a ton of double looks, and while I was on the boat to the statue of liberty, everyone in the boat noticed my boots. Many tried to hide the fact that they where trying to take pictures of me in my boots. I just lifted my pants leg and let them do it. I noticed that most where embarrassed when I caught them. Overall, it was a fun day. 12 hours in high heels and boots to boot. If you are in New York City and you don't heel, then there is a problem with you. New York has seen everything and it's no big deal. Trust me when I say it's no big deal

Latindancer:-) It was nice to read of your exploits in heels in New York City. Like you said, they have seen everything there except maybe some of the out-of-town tourists that were taking pictures of you in heels. I haven't been there in many years, but things there seem about the same today. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Latindancer: Quite an interesting couple of adventures you had, my friend. More power to you! And you're right about the nonchalance of New Yorkers, back in late August, I wore a skirt there and no one cared. Big props to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some New York Pictures: :welcome::thumbsup: First picture: Me in the subway with my heels very noticeable. Second picture: Me having my picture with New Yorks skyline at the statue of liberty island. Third picture: Me prior to going on the ship to go to the statue of liberty. It's a WW2 memorial. Fourth picture: Me at Time Square. Again New York, if your not wearing your heels and you want to, then you are missing out. No reactions and no one cares. Latindancer

post-9863-133522876791_thumb.jpg

post-9863-133522876798_thumb.jpg

post-9863-13352287681_thumb.jpg

While I was in Hampton Roads Virginia. I decided to wear a skirt and heels. This time since it was cold I was wearing white stockings to go with it. I started at a Barnes and Noble cause they seen to be very accepting of anything. I walked the whole store and people would look and that was it. After that I went out and around the city. I stopped at a Sears were the first 2 pictures were taken. Most of the store was shocked but after that no big deal. A lot of the woman that worked there followed me around to see what I was doing. Next it was Rainbows, a store that use to have a lot of nice womens clothes but now are moving over to everyones clothes. It was a fun outing. Target, Walmart, and other places. Overall, no big deal. Latin dancer

post-9863-13352287682_thumb.jpg

post-9863-133522876828_thumb.jpg

post-9863-133522876835_thumb.jpg

Latindancer: Wow! You certainly do get around. New York one day, Hampton Roads the next. Not bad, not bad at all. I completely agree about the blase attitudes of New Yorkers, after all, I traisped up there in a skirt and no one cared! Your Virginia outfit looked cool too, I can imagine the crowd you must've attracted in that Sears store. Heh! More power to you, my friend!