Streetheeling... it's my turn

Kitty_Shoes

Work, as ever, gets in the way of a lot of fun things. Luckily I love what I do for a living, so the frustration of not being able to express myself fully isn't as consuming as it could be. Anyway, since joining this forum, and accepting that my days of being a TV are behind me, I had decided that it wasn't going to stop me wearing heels, even if it's on a part-time basis... So, despite having said that I was ready to do the deed, weeks came and went, and nothing happened. I have to say right now that I do have a small collection of heels - everything from Fuschia coloured patent pumps to sensible looking boots... but they don't get worn very often, and certainly not outside. But having made the decision to get back in it, so to speak, I found myself on a mission. And as daft as it seems, that's why I found myself in Asda after work last week, thumbing through its women's boots, deciding on a pair to wear out. As I browsed, people came and went, no one really seemed to care at all - I did spot one woman give a double take at this middle-aged man thumbing through the calf-length boots, but she certainly didn't look bothered by it. After all, why should she? So after choosing a pair - black high calf, three-inch tapered heels, no zip - I sat down and promptly tried them on for size. I mean, why buy a pair, and them not be right. Remembering to take off my socks and pop on a pair of pop-socks, I slipped 'em on, stood up, and walked up and down the aisle a few times, just to make sure they were okay. Again, there were people around, but no one seemed to take any interest... after all, I'm just a guy trying on shoes for size. Satisfied they fit, I took 'em off, put my own shoes back on (a bit depressing, that) and took 'em over to the counter. The friendly lady at the till asked if they were okay - to which I replied 'yes, they're perfect.' Not acting embarassed is something I've always believed one should do, and despite blushing furiously, I did speak with as much confidence as I could muster. Boots paid for, and the heart-rate still off the scale, I went back to the car, drove home, and put them away for another day. Well, another day came this morning... Alone, I slipped on the boots again, remembered how good they feel - and decided today was the day that I'd go for a walk. Now just for a bit of context, I used to work in London, and am pretty cosmopolitan about life - I was very much a 'scene' person back then, and outrageous with it - but where I live, in small town Little England, it's just the opposite. People are very conservative, and not particularly encouraging with it. Most of the people round here tend to talk about imigration (as in it's a bad thing) and gossip about anything that doesn't fit into small-town norm. In short, it's awful. But as I've been clocked in the past once or twice fully dressed up for a night clubbing, I'm sure I've been the object of this myself. But this morning was really rather special. I stepped out of the house, and purposefully walked down the street, heading for the shops. It was a small moment, but one that I really enjoyed. I was spotted by a local builder - don't know him - but he looked as if he wanted to kill me. But perhaps he would have anyway as it's the normal demeanor round here. Beyond that, nothing... and how liberating it felt. My five minute stroll turned into a longer walk, and despite being unused to heels, I found myself enjoying the feeling, adopting the correct shorter step that one does. If I looked effeminate, then I really didn't care - all that mattered was that I was being me, and felt good about it. I suspect it might have been different and I'd chosen the same walk on a summer's evening - the local yobs like to congregate and threaten anyone they see fit, while swigging from cans of cider - and I think one still has to take social factors like that into account, but apart from that, what gives? I guess it would have been easier had I got in the car and driven somewhere anonymous, but to be honest, if I was going to do it, it was here and now... And right now, I'm happy I did what I did. Will I do it again? You betcha :w00t2: K P.S., I'll post a pic shortly :lmao:

Thanks for all your feedback... it was an interesting experience, as I'd not been out in heels in ages, and certainly not as part of my every day mode of dress. I think it is something that will become part of my life now - although how much so, I am not sure, as these things tend to take me over...

No doubt I'll be pushing the boundaries next time...

K

Xx

Very nice boots, what size are they?

They're a size 8 (UK) and fit perfectly... more so than any of my male shoes. Perhaps someone's trying to tell me something :w00t2:

K

I wore them with women's skinny jeans... I haven't worn male jeans for years... The skirt in the photo was for my own comfort when I got home. Certainly a pair like that can be worn all day long, and I had no trouble walking a couple of miles in 'em. As I say, a gentle reintroduction to the world of walking in heels - but I think for me, more overtly femme shoes need to be worn with a femme outfit. They go fine with my neutral jeans/black blouse look... K Xx

Nice I got a pair for my O/H (AnneV) but unfortunately she has thicker ankles so a no go fit:cry1:, However her younger daughter claimed them:smile: so they have not been wasted or returned. Incidentally they were an option for me but finally came down to a shorter boot from another store bought for me by AnneV. I've bought a few heels from both my local ASDAs on my own and never had any negative comments some inquiring but then it does brighten up the staff. I did visit the Faith shop in Portsmouth Cascades a week or so ago, very friendly staff, very open and OK about men buying and trying:yummy:, nice shoes as well - good job I left the credit card at home. got to pay for Crimble! Enjoy and keep on heeling Al

If you get a chance, maybe you could post a picture of you wearing them with the jeans, to get a better image of what they look like. Under jeans, I'd think it could be difficult for some people to even notice them, let alone disapprove of them.

Will do. I'll probably take the shot later this evening :w00t2:

K

Sorry to confuse - I've just realised the admin's changed my nickname!

Thanks admin

K

Xx

If you get a chance, maybe you could post a picture of you wearing them with the jeans, to get a better image of what they look like. Under jeans, I'd think it could be difficult for some people to even notice them, let alone disapprove of them.

You might be right :w00t2:

I could wear 'em for work

K

post-14394-133522873768_thumb.jpg

post-14394-133522873771_thumb.jpg

And here are the boots I wore... not too sexy, but very feminine :w00t2:

K

Well, I think your boots look quite nice, the casual flavor is quite appealing. Very nice indeed!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff

Thank you for that - I'm really back in the swing of things now; having forgotten just how rubbish wearing flat shoes actually is.

I suspect that my days in full-time heels might not be *that* far off :thumbsup:

You're an inspiration :welcome:

K

Xx

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I can inspire others like you to further enjoy our most unique passion, whether in private or in public. Just keep on doing what you love, don't let anyone tell you differently!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Kitty Shoes:-) Thanks for sharing the pics of your shoes with us. I think that you could wear them most anywhere as is. But is you want to make them look a bit more masculine you could take some liquid black shoe polsh to darken down the stacked heels. Then buff them thoroughly with black paste shoe polish afterward. Frankly, I would leave them go as they are myself. Your choice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well it was another streetheeling day for me. Well, my second excluding jaunts en femme. It was interesting, and ultimately very satisfying. I wore a reasonably boring set of boots (the ones earlier in the thread), but they felt great - and headed out to Northampton to do some Christmas shopping. Loved the feeling, the expression, and the way that a few people looked and smiled, but there seemed to be no ill-feeling directed towards me. However, I discovered a place that I've never been to before, which has been praised in here before - Priceless Shoes - and I have to say that it was terrific. I tried my best to avoid buying any shoes, but couldn't contain myself and went for a nice pair of black stillettos, and some Mary Janes. I didn't try them on the shop (well I did one of the Mary Janes, just for size and it was fine). I don't know why, but I've always been attracted to Mary Janes (someone should try and explain it sometime), and as a result, thought - noodles - put them on and walked back through town and to the car in them... Fantastic. I've never been happier. Oh, did anyone notice? Well a few looked, but no one seemed uncomfortable with seeing a guy in heels, and I overheard one girl say to her friend 'how can he walk in those heels?' Not in a bad way, you understand... Anyhoo, that's enough about me... Here are the shoes. Sexy, they aint, but for some reason I do like 'em (maybe I just have a thing for straps) :-) K

post-14394-133522876104_thumb.jpg

post-14394-133522876107_thumb.jpg

... I overheard one girl say to her friend 'how can he walk in those heels?'

Good Lord, those heels are barely 3 inches! And they were dumbfounded by the fact that you could wear them?

:: roll eyes ::

Does anyone else ever feel an odd sense of pride knowing that we seem to handle heels better than many women do?

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

its cool wearing heels out, i went out with my gf today to her dr and walmart wearing boots and i dont think anybody even noticed even my gf. they are the rosa lug boots from payless, was going to post a pic but since i posted it in another thread i cant show in this post.