Odd length legs

xaphod

I saw a somewhat weird appearance yesterday .... a woman wearing shoes of the same style, but with different height heels. The shoes were from one of the UK catalogue companies who offer a basic court style with low (about 3/4") medium (about 2 1/2 ") and high (about 4") heels. She had a low heel on the right foot and the high heel on the left, but was still a bit low on the high-heel side. A small amount of thought tumbled the reason why. Obviously this woman would normally wear a built-up shoe to make up for her odd length legs. From what I have seen of the special shoes, they are damn clumpy and heve no style whatsoever. This seems like an elegant way around her problem, but with our knowledge of custom suppliers, I bet we could have found someone who could have got her on an even (and elegant) keel.

• 5 months later...

Very observant of you to pick the exact style, but then again I would have epected nothing less :wink: Anyway, assuming she wasn't trying to emulate Marylin Monroe, it was a very good way to balance up unequal legs. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Yes, in fact I've spotted similar different-height heels at least three or four times over the years (the last occasion being only three weeks ago) and, if I might say so, a MUCH better solution for ladies than the dreaded surgical boots which turn the wearer into OTTO or whatever Frankenstein's monster was called! On a closely related matter, one or two forum-users have mentioned wheelchair-bound ladies wearing attractive high heels as they are pushed around. Well "Why not!" I say - good for them! Even if they suffer the grave misfortune of not being able to walk, at least they are showing the world that they can still be fashion-concious and can make their feet look nice and still give everyone a little treat! Cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!