help

I've got a pair of baby pink pvc boots (pleaser seduce 2000) which i was planning to wear on a day out with my girlfriend at a fetish event but they have loads of marks on them any tips on cleaning them... tried washing up liquid on a sponge but isn't really working :w00t2: tia

I've got a pair of baby pink pvc boots (pleaser seduce 2000) which i was planning to wear on a day out with my girlfriend at a fetish event but they have loads of marks on them any tips on cleaning them... tried washing up liquid on a sponge but isn't really working :w00t2:

tia

I was just about to suggest alcohol on a cotton swab when I realized that you Brits seem to be having trouble obtaining alcohol these days. Still, it works pretty well and you could even try a thimbleful of rum or gin if you can't get isopropel alky.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Be very Cautious with both methods!

Whilst both are excellent suggestions BOTH can do damage in their own right!

. . Depending on the surface rubbing two hard with an eraser could cause the surface to peal.

. . Using any spirits could melt the surface.

In the UK you want to use Methylated spirit (purple coloured) NOT WHITE SPIRIT as its a great cleaner & evaporates quickly so doesn't sit on the surface potentially damaging it like white spirit or alcohol based cleaners might.

Always try any cleaner you are considering on a small discreet area first to make sure its not going to react with the surface.

Use toilet paper to clean them with, as its clean in the first place & absorbs any dirt you wipe over, rather than smearing it around :w00t2:

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

In the UK you want to use Methylated spirit (purple coloured) NOT WHITE SPIRIT as its a great cleaner & evaporates quickly so doesn't sit on the surface potentially damaging it like white spirit or alcohol based cleaners might.

I have no doubt that Lee's advice is correct but Methylated Spirit is alchohol based. It's about 90% ethanol, 5% methanol (makes you go blind), 5% water with a dash of purple dye and a tiny amount of pyridine to make it smell nasty.

its a great cleaner & evaporates quickly so doesn't sit on the surface potentially damaging it like white spirit or alcohol based cleaners might.

I have no doubt that Lee's advice is correct but Methylated Spirit is alchohol based. It's about 90% ethanol, 5% methanol (makes you go blind), 5% water with a dash of purple dye and a tiny amount of pyridine to make it smell nasty.

Yes it is, but having never used alcohol only cleaners I don't know how they evaporate or clean. hence the "might" word at the end of the sentence. As Guy N. Heels mentioned getting pure alcohol isn't common in the UK (unless you restore compass')

I do know how methylated spirits reacts with PVC, and know that white spirits isn't as good! :w00t2:

Lee

Well, I guess some people would raise an objection if you had a new rope to hang 'em. But if that purple stuff Lee is recommending is 90% ethanol, just exactly what does he suppose the working ingrediant is in vodka, rum, gin, whisky, or wine? Hey, big news flash!!! Ethanol seems to be found in all that stuff your bartender serves up and you pour down the hatch! So which particular brand you would like to use on the clean-up detail is up to you and your pocketbook. As for me, when I can't find any rubbing alky for a mission critical job, that's when I reach in my bar and come up with either rum or vodka. But then what do I know, except that most households usually have a bottle of something stuck away in a cupboard somewhere? So there you have it! You can run out and spend the big bucks to get some of that fancy purple stuff, or you can reach into yer cupboard and pour a thimbleful of hootch that'll do the same job and probably smell a lot better too. :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

It seams some of you have miss read my posts, at NO POINT did I say DON’T USE the recommended methods, (did I?)

I did say

Be very Cautious with both methods!

And then gave the reasons why caution should be exercised, which was offering sound extra advice, not criticism of the original suggestion.

I followed this up by with suggestion to avoid damaging the uppers

Always try any cleaner you are considering on a small discreet area first to make sure its not going to react with the surface.

Again based on experience, you NEVER know how a specific surface will react to a product or method you are going to apply to it, its ALWAYS best to try a small area before going gun hoe & potentially damaging a favorite item:mecry: .

Now if you’re a member who like me doesn’t drink, then you won’t have ANY alcohol in the house and a 80p bottle of fancy mentholated spirit is a whole lot cheaper & more useful than a bottle of £9.00 vodka.:w00t2:

This simply offered an alternative to your suggestion, again it did not criticise, disagree with it or question the ingredients of the products!

big news flash!!! Read what you see, not what you want to hear.:lmao:

Lee