Outting in red boots

loswabs

Today I was on my own so went to London for some window shopping. I chose for my outfit black leather jeacket, v-neck black thin ladies sweater, dark blue skintight boot cut jeans and bright red suede 3" high stilleto boots. I was unsure the boots and jacket matched, but whatever. I parked up, slipped on the boots and made the half mile walk to the train station. I could've parked closer but I find I need a bit of time getting acclimatised to wearing heels in public, both physically and mentally. By the time I was a hundred yards from the tube, I was ready for the crowds. Sure enough, as I was around the corner came two youngish lads, one of which was heard to says "Christ!" as I walked by. I guess he noticed the boots!! Queuing for the ticket I felt a little self-conscious but soon focussed on that task, not what I was wearing. Having bought the ticket, I tottered down to the platform and in fairly short order onto a train. A few glances from other passengers on a pretty empty train but nothing said or heard. I changed at Earl's Court and then onto another train to Kensington High Street. It's one short stop away, about 3 minutes, and by the time I was there my heart was racing a little. Out of the train, up the stairs and into the shops!! As I walked along the street and then crossed the road I made a real effort to walk as slow as I could or rather, try not to walk too quickly. I went passed Dune and had a glance in their window. It's a small branch so they don't carry much stock, but I was going in on the way back. I browsed a few shops and tried on some skinny jeans but none of them fitted as I wanted. So onto my first main shopping target - Miss Sixty. Downstairs I was soon being show all sorts of skinny jeans by a very helpful young lady and I chose a black pair. They only had a 27" waist but I usual have a 26" so asked her try and find a pair while I tried the 27". I got them on and they made me look like I'd been dipped in paint. They were awesome. She came back just as I was putting the boots on and so I opened the curtain. She said they didn't have the ones I had on in a smaller size, but she had a slightly different style in 26". I got the other boot back on and was pulling the legs over the ankles when she said, "I love your boots, where did you get them?"!!! We then had a short conversation about where I bought them, how much they cost, what were they like to walk in. They she proceeded to flatter me totally about how I looked in the skinny jeans. I have to admit I too liked how they looked but at £100, they were very expensive. She said she'd doubt that I'd get into a smaller pair but I wasn't sure. So after a bit of thought and posing(!), I left without buying them and watched the girl watching my feet as I walked up the stairs. On the way back I went into Dune and after browsing around for a few minutes, got a very nice "hello" from one of the ladies working there, probably about mid-40's I'd say. She gave me a lovely smile, not a smirk, 'cos she'd obviously noticed my boots. She asked if I was looking for anything in particular and I asked her about some black boots I'd seen on their website but couldn't find them in store. She said they weren't carrying that range in stock. So I wandered around some more, had a good look at some very nice stilettos but none really took my fancy. So I left there and headed for lunch. If ever you're in this part of the world, I 100% recomend Caffe Concerto. Not only do they do very good food and have a nice comfortable cafe, the waitress when taking my order said, you guessed it, "I love your boots"!!!!! We then had a similar conversation as before and she was really sweet and genuine. I felt soooooooooooo good, she made my day. She gave me a lovely smile as I left and I walked out full of confidence. Another hour or so's browsing and then I headed home. I didn't buy anything, nor try on any shoes, though I would have had I seen some I liked. But the 2 compliment from those ladies went a long way to boosting me. Thanks, ladies!! All in all, a great little day out, one I will repeat very soon.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Sounds like you had a great outing, loswabs. Thanks for relating the experience. I'm sure others that have been hesitant to go out into the wide world wearing heels will gain a lot of confidence from your trip. Especially while wearing red boots, which are very "attention getting." Thanks again.:w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Fantastic LOSWABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when you are noticed and get to talk about your choice of foot-wear. It sounds like your outfit was well thought out also, good job. So far all my outings have had pretty much the same reactions as yours. Have fun and be safe. Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Thanks for your replies guys, it's also a boost to get encouragement from you as it is from ladies in shops!! I really appreciate your support. I forgot to add that I did get whistled at in the street. The first time I thought, "shit!" and then it happened again, this time much louder. I just smiled and thought well, either they like what they see, are whistling at someone else, or are just a bone-head letting off steam!! See? Even that I turned to my advantage and just kept walking, not looking around for a second.

Wow and double Wow, I am so in Awe of you. I have worn heels out a couple of times but nothing as brave as that. Well done and I bet you feel absolutely amazing now. Keep it up... Hows about a pic of how you were dressed :-) Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Nice to see that you had such a pleasant experience just by wearing what you wanted to wear in public :) I've always wanted to compliment some of my female friends' boots and pumps, but never have in case they caught on about my interest in heels.

Nice to see that you had such a pleasant experience just by wearing what you wanted to wear in public :w00t2:

I've always wanted to compliment some of my female friends' boots and pumps, but never have in case they caught on about my interest in heels.

Why no compliment them? They'll love you for it!!!