Hi there, I am new

Hello there to everyone, I'm Twinkletoes, and I am 37 years of age and female. I have been hiding here on your site for the past long while and have just plucked up the courage to introduce myself., My passion for high heels goes back to before my own memories, yet I have living proof of with me photographed in my mums high heels back in the 70's wearing her high heels. Heels of being of more that 4"+ make me feel sexy and empowered those paired along with a nice pair of stockings, give me double the confidence.... And boots.....!! well......!! I love em, more than my shoes, I have ankle boots, knee length and a ridiculous over obsessive amounts of thigh boots. I am tall at 5"8, blonde and slim, some persons have asked if this is a problem for me, and seem to be thinking I should be wearing "flats", but no way. Would love to chat, get your opinion and talk about high heel shoes, boots, etc. Love XXX

I have been hiding here on your site for the past long while and have just plucked up the courage to introduce myself.

Hi twinkletoes.:nervous: Nice to have another female that loves to wear heels, amongst us. But why did you have to wait until you "got" courage? You always knew that you would be welcomed with open arms by all of your friends here at hhplace.

Welcome and we can't wait to read all about you and your heels. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks guys for all your welcomes. So nice to hear from you all and to read your comments. I was over in the States myself a while back, and must admit I was in my element shopping over there. The price of clothing and shoes was so cheap in comparison to what it was in the UK, and its probably no surprise to you that I ended up buying a couple of pairs over there, that stand pride of place in my wardrobe. Its just a shame I couldnt buy more, but my suitcase was packed to the brim as it was, and theres only so much you can squeeze in and carry. I bought the most gorgeous pair of black strappy evening sandals with a 5" heel, with a droplets of diamantes forming an delicate ankle strap, these are absolutely beautiful, the only thing being is that diamantes jangle somewhat when I walk in them, lol, but I grit my teeth and jangle away and friends say that at least they will not loose me on a night out:smile:. Seems a shame to dismiss a gorgeous pair of shoes just because they jangle haha. I also bought a pair of stilletto's, a gorgeous brown colour patterned with bronze sequins with a 5" heel. I'm a bit particular with stillettos as I find some pairs arent designed properly (or arent to my taste) in that they dont flatter the feet and make them look frumpy, I'm doing my best to try and describe this, but in a way they make your feet look too long and "boaty" (I hope you know what I mean). But these ones are perfect, and with a cut out inset at the arch of the heel on the inside, they look divine.

Welcome Twinkletoes Courage to join us? or to challenge the guys? but you're here and that is the important bit. It's good for more girls to come on in to balance out the guys so a very hearty welcome and enjoy sharing the experiences from all of us. Regards Al

Hello Twinkletoes:-) It is so nice to have another female to help balance out all the males here. Don't worry as you are in good company on a friendly site. We all love heels, and thats what really counts. Tell us more of your heelmania. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Greeting Twinkletoes, Thanks for joining the HHplace. There are many men but I think we are all pretty easy going and very interested in heels. Thanks for sharing your stories with us and your views about shopping in the States. We enjoy stories and having you join us. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Regards, Mtnsofheels

Thanks guys for all your welcomes. So nice to hear from you all and to read your comments. I was over in the States myself a while back, and must admit I was in my element shopping over there. The price of clothing and shoes was so cheap in comparison to what it was in the UK, and its probably no surprise to you that I ended up buying a couple of pairs over there, that stand pride of place in my wardrobe. Its just a shame I couldnt buy more, but my suitcase was packed to the brim as it was, and theres only so much you can squeeze in and carry.

I bought the most gorgeous pair of black strappy evening sandals with a 5" heel, with a droplets of diamantes forming an delicate ankle strap, these are absolutely beautiful, the only thing being is that diamantes jangle somewhat when I walk in them, lol, but I grit my teeth and jangle away and friends say that at least they will not loose me on a night out:smile:. Seems a shame to dismiss a gorgeous pair of shoes just because they jangle haha.

I also bought a pair of stilletto's, a gorgeous brown colour patterned with bronze sequins with a 5" heel. I'm a bit particular with stillettos as I find some pairs arent designed properly (or arent to my taste) in that they dont flatter the feet and make them look frumpy, I'm doing my best to try and describe this, but in a way they make your feet look too long and "boaty" (I hope you know what I mean). But these ones are perfect, and with a cut out inset at the arch of the heel on the inside, they look divine.

That's OK TT. It sounds as though you have great taste in footwear and style. Your descriptions could be enhanced though by some pictures (hint). Although I'm only 5'8" I love to be with tall girls (5'10" or better) and to have them wear heels. Unlike that president to your south I have no problem being seen with a woman who is taller as long as she doesn't mind.

If it's not prying I'd be curious to know your shoe size? Assuming you have a longer foot you would benefit appearance-wise from a higher heel. A lower heel would tend to emphasize the length of your foot. In my case that would also be a good thing because I prefer larger feet even on shorter women. If you're size 10(US) or better, I'm there!

Thanks guys....I'm just getting the hang of it on here, and I shall work on the photos....I'll probably need a bit of help on how to upload them onto here (a bit of a technophobe you see), but I'll get there in the end :winkiss: No Shrimper, I dont mind you asking at all, Im a UK size 5, which I think is a US 7.1/2 in shoes, but for boots I tend to go up a size to a UK size 6. This makes the boots more roomy and fit better for comfort, which even though I am comfortable in my shoes, with the extra room boots cant slip off your feet when walking. Speaking of slipping off your feet, even though it hasnt got anything to do with the size of the shoes, is the dreaded moment of walking along and getting your stilletto heel stuck down a gap inbetween the pavement. This causes you step out of your shoe in full pace, leaving it still stuck there in the gap in the pavement a step behind you. You then have to turn around and go back a step barefooted to prise it out from the gap, and then put it back on, and you'll be guaranteed this will never happen in an empty street....Am sure this must of happened to some of you out there at some point, lol :nervous: The things we endure for the love of our shoes eh ??

Thanks to all you guys for all your welcomes, its so lovely of you, and is so much appreciated to be welcomed with open arms!! Thinks it must be time for me to move on from the introduction board now, with all your lovely welcomes, to start chit-chatting with the rest of you gorgeous people, to get your opinions and thoughts about "high heels", so I, in a few minutes will propose the question of : ............ ?????????

• 3 weeks later...

Twinkletoes:-) With hope that the female population here on HH Place may one day equal the male population---I remain your heel wearing friend. Looking forward to reading your heely stories and viewing your pics in the near future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!