Men in Knee High Boots

Booted

There may be a fashion trend developing in NYC. Today, I came across two different instances of a man wearing jeans tucked into knee high boots....one near Bloomingdales and the other near Grand Central Station. Although they were only riding boots with flat heels, it is still a start of what could be a great fashion trend.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wearing that look for daytime casual for a few seasons now...it's no big deal here in NYC, or Dublin, or London, or Barcelona.... And I always wear women's knee high boots too. The response is invariably positive, especially from women.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

There may be a fashion trend developing in NYC. Today, I came across two different instances of a man wearing jeans tucked into knee high boots....one near Bloomingdales and the other near Grand Central Station. Although they were only riding boots with flat heels, it is still a start of what could be a great fashion trend.

When we see those same guys with their jeans tucked into knee high boots with stilleto high heels, you'll know we're at the doorstep.

Interesting! I could certainly go for that look myself! Easily! But with women's flat boots! Heh! Thanks for sharing!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think that mainly if you want kne length boots you eithr have to wear riding boots from and equestrian shop or ladies' boots anyway. Either that or you'll be paying a fortune for designer/bespoke boots.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I've actually gone out and about with knee high cowboy boots with the pants tucked in but it wasn't a great look as the jeans were skinny jeans and the tops of the boot were on the wide side.

But I do have a pair of flat heel black leather thigh high boots that fold over and thus convert to knee high. I've worn those out to two halloween parties but maybe this winter over jeans..............

It's all about the heel!

I've been wearing that look for daytime casual for a few seasons now...it's no big deal here in NYC, or Dublin, or London, or Barcelona....

And I always wear women's knee high boots too.

The response is invariably positive, especially from women.

Kneehighs was absolutely right. I picked up a pair of riding boots from Ralph Lauren and gave it a try today. Spent all afternoon in NYC with my jeans tucked in the boots with not a single comment. This is going to be a fashion I heartily adopt.

post-3934-133522872831_thumb.jpg

Went out today with my denim riding jeans tucked in my black cowboy boots. They have a tapered leg so I can pull on my boots without having to tuck them in. Since they are so tall, it makes more sense to show them off. Here are a few pics.

post-14421-133522872855_thumb.jpg

post-14421-133522872856_thumb.jpg

Kneehighs was absolutely right. I picked up a pair of riding boots from Ralph Lauren and gave it a try today. Spent all afternoon in NYC with my jeans tucked in the boots with not a single comment. This is going to be a fashion I heartily adopt.

Pretty cool! I could dig on those boots! How much were they?

Kittyinboots –

Those are really nIce boots. Are they the ones you had custom made? I agree, it would be a shame to hide them.

If you are comfortable wearing them out and about (as you appear to be), you should be able to wear almost any boots that strike your fancy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Went out today with my denim riding jeans tucked in my black cowboy boots. They have a tapered leg so I can pull on my boots without having to tuck them in. Since they are so tall, it makes more sense to show them off. Here are a few pics.

Nice boots Tex :-)

the boots in your avatar are fantastic as well. Look like vintage 70's. They sure made nice womens boots in the 70's. I love the boho boots but especially the Frye OTK campus boots.

Nice boots Tex :-)

the boots in your avatar are fantastic as well. Look like vintage 70's. They sure made nice womens boots in the 70's. I love the boho boots but especially the Frye OTK campus boots.

Maximilian! -

Thanks for your kind words. I always considered my brown boots in my avatar to be vintage 80's, but it could also be late 70's-early 80's boots. They don't make them like this anymore, otherwise I would get another pair if they brought this style back, simple classic look.

As for my black cowboy boots, did I mention they were made in Canada? We need to keep Western Ranch Boots in business.

Thighbootguy - Thanks again for your comments about my black cowboy boots. I can wear them in public with about 95% confidence level. I would not wear them in front of my co-workers or family members on my side (except my mother), my wife's family I have worn these boots at several gatherings.

Today, for the first time I went out to the movies in my brown knee high boots in my avatar. I rarely go out in public in my boots, during mid-morning. But it was the first showing of the morning, so there was not a lot of people. It was uneventful, no one even noticed me. Usually I can only go on short trips, early morning or late night. I would consider this a medium sized outing, yet it was my biggest public outing to date.

Today, for the first time I went out to the movies in my brown knee high boots in my avatar. I rarely go out in public in my boots, during mid-morning. But it was the first showing of the morning, so there was not a lot of people. It was uneventful, no one even noticed me. Usually I can only go on short trips, early morning or late night. I would consider this a medium sized outing, yet it was my biggest public outing to date.

Kittyinboots,

I'm finding the samething to be true. No one seems to care. I've taken to wearing my jeans tucked in boots quite often and jus about anywhere.

Booted

Kittyinboots,

I'm finding the samething to be true. No one seems to care. I've taken to wearing my jeans tucked in boots quite often and jus about anywhere.

Booted

Speaking of which, check this out:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/189408-post81.html

All good stuff. I was thinking along the same lines myself. I have just bought a pair of flat knee high leather boots and I waiting for them to arrive some time this week. I had to go online as I could find nothing suitable in the shops here. The range of boots here in Dublin is terrible this year. I was in the UK the other week and saw some wonderful boots and heels. Very unlike Dublin I should add. Anyway, my plan is to wear them to work/out and about, under jeans. I cant see how anybody would notice them. Anyway, I have been heeling quit a bit over the past few weeks and have had no negative experiences. I even had to ask a lady about bus times 2 weeks ago. I was wearing high heels driving, so I got out of the car, walked over to her and asked her about the buses. She answered me and complained about the buses and passed no negative remarks about the heels. Pity the cant get them in their size and I can. :w00t2: On a side note, I bought an awesome pair of pirate style knee high boots with a 4 inch heel. They are fantastic. I will post pictures of both pairs when I get the flat boots. My description wont do the pirate style boots justice. A number of girls I know have wowed over them whilst window shopping.

• 3 weeks later...

While I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida, USA, I took a picture of Elton John's knee high, high heel boots, 70's platform style in a display case. I would say for the record that men have worn tall high heel boots in the 70s, of course my wife would say that they were all rock stars back then.

post-14421-13352287573_thumb.jpg

I consistently wear skinny jeans tucked into women's knee high flat boots and readily get complimented by complete strangers each and every time. On 9th and 14th, some guy came up to me out of the blue and said, "those are real nice boots, really nice." At Starbucks on Spring and Crosby a friend of mine walked up to me with full compliments about my boots, wondering where he could get some. Girls invariably think they are "hot", and that's even after telling them they are women's boots.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I consistently wear skinny jeans tucked into women's knee high flat boots and readily get complimented by complete strangers each and every time. On 9th and 14th, some guy came up to me out of the blue and said, "those are real nice boots, really nice." At Starbucks on Spring and Crosby a friend of mine walked up to me with full compliments about my boots, wondering where he could get some. Girls invariably think they are "hot", and that's even after telling them they are women's boots.

Totally cool :thumbsup:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

those are like MY avitar boots kittyinboots, (demoniaplatforms):thumbsup: they are THAT high, but like my avitar, BLACK!! I call them my "kiss boots"-you can see why!