Once and for all - WHICH SIZE???

Can someone help an idiot man like me work this out? I am a UK size 43. I've seen some beautiful boots online by NEXT in a size 43 and I'd love to get them. But... Will they fit me? I've got quite slim legs and feet. Or am I wasting my time? Thank you (in advance) for all your help

I usually take UK9/EU43 in mens shoes and I have a pair of Next ankle boots in size 43 wide. They're a little bit loose which is cured by insoles. I might be better with 43 standard or 42W.

Just go into the shop and say: "I'd like a pair of these please." the assistant will bring you a pair, you hand over the cash and walk out with the box under your arm... The chances are the assistant will get one out of the box for you nto try on without you even asking!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Unfortunately the "Which Size" question does not have a once-and-for-all answer. We would all dearly love such an answer! Doc Shoe's advice to try 'em on is the best bet -- if they don't fit, the lovely and accommodating assistant will get you a pair in a different size (unless you're at the as-big-as-they-get end of the scale like so many of us are). If you don't have the courage for that (and I will admit I don't), the European sizes are the same for men and women. So just start with your guy shoe size. But you still might wind up taking 'em back for an exchange :winkiss:.

Have a happy time!

I have tried to buy shoes online and I have had to send them back once they arrived. I am different sizes according to different manufacturers. If you are not able to try on the shoes in the shop I suggest making certain you understand the return policy. I actually had several pairs of heels in my closet that I gave away over the summer because I was not able to take them back or exchange them. Good luck! Ms. C

yes, it's not easy. And, being a stingy Scot, I don't want to spend money on something which won't fit.

If you buy mail order in the UK from a trader, provided the item you buy hasn't been ordered by the retailer specially for you, the seller has a legal obligation to offer a refund provided the goods are returned within 7 days.

You will quite likely be caught for carriage, but returns may be taken to a local Next shop? [Cetainly Aldo do this.]

Anyhow, why assume you'll have to return anything? :winkiss:

Unfortunately the "Which Size" question does not have a once-and-for-all answer. We would all dearly love such an answer!

Doc Shoe's advice to try 'em on is the best bet -- if they don't fit, the lovely and accommodating assistant will get you a pair in a different size (unless you're at the as-big-as-they-get end of the scale like so many of us are)...

DITTO!!! We would, indeed, love a "once and for all" answer. Apart from trying on the shoes, about the only hope you have left is, after you find a pair that actually fit, to buy that particular mfgr. in that particular size and hope to God that a difference in style won't change the fit. But in all seriousness, try-on is the only sure bet. :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky for me all size sevens (uk) have fitted, but as the heels get higher I have to go to a size eight. Unless you buy Clarks or very good quality shoes or boots.

life is not a rehearsal