Maynard here, saying a thankful hello!

How delightful to suddenly discover this "place" ... a dream of many years come true. I'm a 72 years young man, four-time ex-husband, father of five delightfully diverse progeny, and seven - at last count! - lively and enter- taining grand-kids, including a police officer, and a university administrator! I wrote advertising for one of the worlds largest agencies, in New York city, and am now "retired" to a small village on the west coast of the USA, where necessity encourages me in my work-- repairing antique wooden chairs. I'm also in "recovery" ...and active in two of the many 12-step programs, as a way of manifesting my gratitude for this wonderful life that i now enjoy --and have for 17+ years. I'm a fan of high heels. Starting in my childhood, i was interested in my Mum's shoes, and enjoyed the feelings that wearing such engendered. Today, i dress as a man, but all my footwear - well, most of! - is female oriented. And i enjoy wearing heels...2.5 to 4.0 inches ...wherever they are appropriate. So a great big hello! And a thank you, once again, for this delicious place! Maynard B. N. California

Welcome Maynard! :nervous: Happy to have you amongst our members. While your story isn't so unusual, it possesses enough differences and variation from others that make it interesting. At age 52, with 3 grown and married children (only 6 grands, though), I also dress completely as a male wearing only feminine footwear and stockings. Heels also anywhere from 2" loafers to 4" (and, at times, higher) boots, sandals and pumps. It's my desire to dress this way and I also dress appropriately for the activity and/or occasion. Once again, great to have you here and I know that everyone is looking forward to hearing of your adventures wearing heels out and about in the crazy world of California. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.