Does anyone buy duplicate shoes?

jwhite44

I'm curious, for those that have a favorite pair of shoes, do you ever buy a an exact 2nd pair of the shoes "just in case"? Although I just started heeling in public, I'm concerned what the lifetime of the boots I'm going out in (Payless Twist Bootine) might be. I could see myself going out in these for quite some time. They're comfortable and I think very discreet. However, I don't know how well Payless shoes hold up over time, especially under the stress of a man's weight. The way I see it: - if I don't buy another pair, and they do fail, I might be kicking myself for not having a replacement pair - if I do buy a 2nd pair, and they don't fail, then I've wasted money and space on that 2nd pair that I'll never need. Although there are always new styles coming out (and isn't shopping for them part of the fun!), needing a size 13 severely limits the available selection. Thanks for your comments.

I often do, but they're normally a different colour. I bought a pair from XTC the other week in white and got another pair in blue. I loved the style, so not only does it give me a spare pair, because they're different colours it means I can wear them more often as having them in another colour gives me another option. I have got two totally identical pairs though in the same colour. One from New Look and one from Guess. I love both these pairs of shoe so want them to last as long as possible!

I'm curious, for those that have a favorite pair of shoes, do you ever buy a an exact 2nd pair of the shoes "just in case"? Although I just started heeling in public, I'm concerned what the lifetime of the boots I'm going out in (Payless Twist Bootine) might be. I could see myself going out in these for quite some time. They're comfortable and I think very discreet. However, I don't know how well Payless shoes hold up over time, especially under the stress of a man's weight.

The way I see it:

- if I don't buy another pair, and they do fail, I might be kicking myself for not having a replacement pair

- if I do buy a 2nd pair, and they don't fail, then I've wasted money and space on that 2nd pair that I'll never need.

Although there are always new styles coming out (and isn't shopping for them part of the fun!), needing a size 13 severely limits the available selection.

Thanks for your comments.

Life really has many difficult choices...:winkiss:

yep i've bought duplicates and like Roz usually another colour.. bought a black and brown pair of suede sheepskin lined wedge heeled boots in a sale a few years back and love them and i have many other pairs i wish i had bought duplicates!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

If you really like the shoes and know that wearing them will cause them to become damaged or just plain worn out, then I would get as many pair that your buget can handle. However, if you aren't all that active, buying more than one duplicate pair maybe nice to look at, but you would probably be better off buying some other shoes that entice your fancy. Of couse, the choice is yours. Another option is to draw or some how make a picture of your dream heels and then try to find a business that will make them for you, It might cost you less in the long run and you'll have the shoes you really wanted, eventually. Who knows! You might start another shoe fad. OK! Now I'm dreaming!

Duplicate shoes - i have two kinds: I buy a pair and love them and go back and get them in different colors - i love this kind. The other is when i buy something exactly like i already have. I hate that but it happens a few times a year. On the bright side it is another reason to go back and shop after i do the return. happy shopping to all, Peggy

I have with my twin strap Mary Janes but there is a twist........ a size 7 and a size 6. I have had the 7 for about a month and my partner (AnneV) has the 6 which I bought her on Thursday. We went to a wedding on Friday and she now knows why I found them so easy to walk in. :winkiss: It was just a shame we couldn't both be heeled:mecry:in the same style.

For some of my very first streetheels, I had a hard time finding the more discreet looking heels that I liked and ones that looked how I wanted. So yes, when I found the ones that were very close to the look I wanted, I bought two identical pairs of a couple types that I have since I felt they were so hard to find in the first place, I didnt want to chance it :winkiss: I haven't done that in a while since I have become somewhat more relaxed about streetheeling over time and have expanded my choices for what I will wear out.

I bought a few duplicate pairs unintentionally at first. One duplicate pair I bought specifically for that purpose was a pair of black PU 5" Hollywood stilettos. I also have them in black patent. They've become my personal favorites.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I have bought a duplicate pair of a pair after I wore them out, damamged them ,etc. but after they got that way. I have bought a lot of hose like thigh highs that are duplicate, and I have found that if you snag one then you still have another to go with a pair. And I am the one who always seems to snag them and get runners so I think it kind of saves me money...

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I have purchased several pairs of classic shoes which I know are comfortable, but it might be hard to replace. I usually store my "backups" in another closet and only retrieve them if the main pair has fallen apart or cannot take another coat of polish. I have some black slides I wear at least four times a week. I do have two identical backups in the other closet. As far as different colors of the same shoe, yes, I do that all the time. A pair of black heels possibly another pair in a earthtone, but then I might also have a pink, yellow, red or even shade of blue depending on the style of shoe. However, I do not consider them duplicates.

I completely forgot the stage I was at about a year ago when I had well over a hundred shoes and kept accidentally buying the same or very similar shoes. That's one reason why I set up my shoe site so that I can keep track of colours and styles.

If I have found a pair I like, and plan to wear a lot in the future, I buy a second pair (or third....) to have as backup. You never know what will happen to them and styles keep on changing so when they are worn out, they are also sold out... That's why I buy more pairs of my favourite style and switch them on weekly basis...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I still have four pairs of wedge sandals I bought in the seventies, still fit great(black, red, blue and white) only wear the red ones now and again.

life is not a rehearsal

I've often bought duplicate shoes, at least in style. Not always on purpose. If it's done on purpose then its when I'm away from home if I've bought a new outfit or don't have the shoes I want to wear with me. I have also bought several of one style in different colours before if I really like them and some in half a size smaller or larger too.

• 2 years later...

Yes, one pair for me and one pair for Mrs Foxyheels. I did this a few weeks ago and had a nice chat with a sales assistant who picked up on it straight away. She was very relaxed about it and happy to talk to me, great service, a very nice young lady.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hi all, I get a lot of duplicate styles but more often in different colours/ leathers. I have maybe 50+ pairs of different colour duplicates and 10-15 pairs of exact duplicates and several pairs are in dual use... I just find with high heels that if you wear them a lot - and I walk a lot -they do wear down fast, heels and tips can be replaced but leather soles are really thin and do wear out. Plus stilettos become a victim of pavements and get scuffed up no matter how careful you are. Cheers Heel-Lover

I have done this on several occasions, and I usually buy more than one new pair at the same time.

About 5 years ago, 'Office Shoes' brought out a range of very pretty boots called 'Smartie' boots. They were a cowgirl boot, coming to just above the calf - and they were really cute and girly. They were also beautifully made by 'Seychelles' of Spain, and all real leather - rare in High Street shops these days.

The boots came in black, red, lime green with white trim, light tan....and white. I bought one pair of all the colours - but the white boots and green boots were just so gorgeous, that I bought 4 pairs of each - thus ensuring that I have them for just about as long as I'll be wearing high heels. They are very versatile and can be worn with jeans, shorts, dresses and mini skirts.

I have bought duplicate pairs of other heels as well but usually only one or two extra pairs. However, as these boots were unlikely to be sold anywhere else, or indeed duplicated by anyone else - I bought up the shops entire stocks of Size 6 boots. At £85.00 a pair it was an expensive self-indulgence!!

Nearly 6 years on, and I'm still only on the first pairs - and I reckon I should get a good 10 or 15 years wear out of each pair. I always get compliments from my girlfriends (and male friends too) whenever I wear them, they're just so cute.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"