wearing platform heels

trevor

ive always looked at platform heels like sort of clunky. when going to a strip bar and seeing the girls wearing those high platform shoes it really didnt do much for me. ive always liked seeing a girl wearing regular high heel pumps especially 5 inch and higher. i just dont find the platforms as sexy. now my question for all of you. im thinking of buying a pair of platforms because i want the added height where i find it easy to walk on. im torn between the high heel called catwalk-11 which you can google which is the hidden platform 43/4 inch heel and 3/4 inch platform or google copa high heel and go down to hollywood heels and it will come up. this heel is 51/2 inches with 11/2 inch platform. my question to you guys is do you think the platform heel on the copa which isnt hidden will make this shoe look clunky?

I too hate the lok of platforms. They feel so clunky to me. As I stated in another post, the new hidden half-inch platform is great compromise. It raises the height of the heel and gives the shoe added stability. I find that most pumps eventually wear I guess because of the weight we place on the heel. But with the hidden plats, the shoe is more sturdy in construction. The brand I bought was called Bumper and came from Burlington. Size 10 in black lizard patent with a 5 inch heel.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I'm with spikes and trevor, I am not a platform fan, I just don't get why 95% of exotic dancers feel it is a requirement to wear them. I usually find the 5% that wear the very high heels with mini or no platform to be much more sexy IMO. I think you should stick with the catwalk shoes you mentioned or with hidden plats like spiker mentioned. I have shoes similar to both and many others with platforms up to about 1.25", but anything more just doesn't do it for me.

It depends on the shoe. There are some folks here at this site that adore platforms and that is about all they wear. I like platforms with a short platform and higher heel. There are others that love the higher platform but not such a high heel or the heighth between the heel and the platform. Some platforms do look a little "clunky" as you say. But there are some that are very sleek and they look beatiful especially on a lovely woman.

Some people can look good in the large chunky platforms with block heels. If they coordinate the look, it can be quite gratifying. That massive footwear look just doesn't do it for me. I've tried some three to four inch platforms with seven to eight inch heels and the extra height does feel nice, but the need to be more careful when I walked took away from the feeling of the height. The potential for a spranged ankle or other injuries makes the height less appealing. A moderate or hidden platform of not over 3/4 of an inch with a 5-1/2 inch spike or stiletto heel is more of what appeals to me. With this combination, a person will actually be walking in 4-3/4 inch high heels. This raises the height of the wearer about 3-1/2 inches over all in the sizes 8-1/2 through 11 US. The heel has the look of being fairly high and the platform doesn't seem to diminish the total appearance of the shoe.

just look @ my avitar (the ones in black) thats my name, I LOVE platform heels (why else would have such a name in this forum them):winkiss::nervous:

I'm with spikes and trevor, I am not a platform fan, I just don't get why 95% of exotic dancers feel it is a requirement to wear them. I usually find the 5% that wear the very high heels with mini or no platform to be much more sexy IMO.

One possible reason is a six inch heel with a two inch platform feels kinda like a four inch heel. Makes a difference when you're going to be on your feet for a while.

I have never cared for the look of platform heels over 1 inch. In my optition they look cheap and like you are cheating on the heel height. Plus I was told by an ex - girl friend that real heels don't have high platforms. But I don't fall out with anyone who likes them or wears them, since I have seen some that look good with the right outfit.

secondtake20 echo's my thoughts, I'm not a big platform person. I'm okay with a hidden platform, and maybe 3/4" - 1", IF it still leaves the essense of the shoe or boot intact. Anything where the platform is the main portion of the shoe (especially so-called "stripper heels"), definitely not a fan of. But hey, everybody has their own favorites, as long as we are each passionate about something, we're all good.

secondtake20 echo's my thoughts, I'm not a big platform person. I'm okay with a hidden platform, and maybe 3/4" - 1", IF it still leaves the essense of the shoe or boot intact. Anything where the platform is the main portion of the shoe (especially so-called "stripper heels"), definitely not a fan of.

But hey, even has their own favorites, as long as we are each passionate about something, we're all good.

Although I do have a couple of pairs of platform heels, I have to agree with you jwhite44, I much prefer a hidden platform or 3/4" - 1" too.

I only really like mini platforms of 1/2" - 1" or so, but if I had to choose between the Catwalk 11 and the Copa I've go for the Copa even though it has a larger platform. The reason being that I think platforms only really work with a rounded or almond toe, pointy toes just look wrong to me with a platform. That said, I think a slightly thicker heel would look better too as it'd balance the platform better.

I'm with Scott. Sometimes, it's not just a style that I'm wanting to wear, it's the message. The message of a stripper shoe, or a "f..k me boot" is one of dominance, raw-sexuality, sluttiness, etc. It may not be stylish or sophisticated, but it's very fun.

Well I think platforms are hot. I'm a fan for hidden platforms, but non-plats are not that fun because on here it has been said that it would be a good idea to wear heels with boot cut jeans or flares. With non plats in flares your feet disappear and to me it is like what is the point I think that draws more wonder to regular people than plats but that is just my opinion. Also with higher heels with non platforms you have to take smaller strides and they kill your achilles tendon than platforms. Granted 7 and 8 inch platforms are not the most suggested but to me 5 to 6 inches are the most reasonable to be out in the open but again just like everyone else, this is only an opinion.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I can't knock platforms. They were one of the major things that started my venture into shoes in the early 70's. While not all of my shoes are plats or wedges, a good portion of them are. Even in shoes we are all different.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I'm partial to platforms and sandals but the Copas look nice and probably very comfy. The shoes in my avatar are the second favorite I've ever had. I love the way they feel on my feet but the hidden platform concept interests me. I'm looking for something in the area of 3/4 to 1" platform and a 4 1/2 to 5" heel.

William and Scott mirror my experience... I wanted to try platform - so like most things - I went all the way: 7-1/2 heel on a 3" platform Not subtle when you take in my Tallguy height. No these are not daily or public wearers - but they are fun - and put me at almost 7 feet tall. Gotta walk carefully, though. I tried some stairs successfully, but just about fell out of the heels navigating a ramp. One thing is that walking forward is noticeably easier on a platform with less of a proportional and a bit of "clog like" comfort.

• 3 months later...

Platforms are great for short times and places like clubs or meetings. Their not really ment to walk in all the time. I own 10 pairs all 5" heel or higher with at least a 3" platform. Platform boots on the other hand are perfect for anywhere. Since they hide well and look amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all, I am liking the hidden platforms on the new style of peep toes were the vamp wraps around the plarforms . I have just got a pair in from Fredericks of Hollywood that have a 1/2" wrapped platform with a 4" high heel . Had to go with the ECRU color as they were out of Brown and Black Pat. . They are sooo easy to walk in and they fit well . Wish I could wear them out the color is just a little to loud for heeling. I have few pairs of the F*&^ Me platforms or stripper heels but everyone has to have them in their collection . I do wear them on .....carpet only if you get my drift.

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

For me, the whole obiect of wearing heels is the feeling of my foot being pointed down, my calves tight, my head in the clouds. Platforms take away from the heel height, the foot point, the delicate beauty of a stiletto heel. 5",5.5",6" heels with no plat is where I want to be. That said, if I had to choose one or the other I go hidden.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS