KoP Heeling Nov 8

rxrenesis

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone in the area who wants to join rxrenesis and I at King of Prussia tomorrow, we'll be meeting outside Nordstroms, ground floor around noon.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I would love nothing more, however I have plans that day. I am always up for heeling and would love to meet you guys, so please keep me in mind for the future!

What?? A heel meet isn't worth changing plans for? :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I know...I had football tickets, and in the end it really wasn't the game I was hoping for. I do beg forgiveness... I am looking forward to reading about how much fun it was so I can feel even more regret.

Style is built from the ground up!

I know...I had football tickets, and in the end it really wasn't the game I was hoping for. I do beg forgiveness...

I am looking forward to reading about how much fun it was so I can feel even more regret.

Ask, and you shall receive:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/186199-post69.html

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

While I didn't go to the Nov 8 outing, I did go by myself tonight. I was actually looking for some underwear that Macy's showed as having limited availability at the KofP store, so I figured it was a great opportunity to shop and heel on the same trip. I first started with my 2 7/8" Cloudwalker ankle boots. They're a good starter heel when going out, plus there at least a 7 out of 10 of being passable as a man's shoe. As previously described, they are a pretty noisy heel, and although I have to admit I've gotten less bother by it, there are still times for example where there are no other customers around, and sales agents standing in the aisles, that I try to walk in a way to minimize the heel click. After I got a few pair of underwear (though not nearly what their website said should have been instock), I went for a walk out into the Mall. Perhaps not surprising, but for newbies, the more you walk with heels in public, the more comfortable you feel. There were still times I wondered if anyone around me saw (or heard anything), maybe to some degree that will always be there, but it was to a lesser degree than in the past. I walked all the way to the other end (about 18 stores on each side), to a Borders, where I went in the restroom, and changed into my Payless Twist Booting ankle boot. These have a smaller footprint, a more feminine heel, and at 3 7/8" high, an extra 1" of height. Borders was a good place to start with them, as most of the store is carpeted, plus standing still and looking at items is what people do there. After a few minutes of looking at some DVD's, I ventured back into the mall. I didn't realize the layout of the mall required me to walk back thru the Mall, thru Macy's, across a 1000' outside walkway (for anyone - why did they never enclose this??), and then into the companion mall, the Court at King of Prussia (which I'd say is at least 2x the size of the Mall). Overall I guess I was walking in these shoes for about an hour, and I think probably passed every store at least once. Other than the main anchor stores (still looking for underwear), I only stopped in 2 stores: the Sony store, trying to look at surround sound systems, and DSW, just thru the boot section. That was just for fun, since as otherwhere pointed out, DSW doesn't carry any large shoes. It was after 9pm, and it looked like stores were getting ready to close, and I had a bit of drive home, so I started to head back. That was when I jinxed myself. As I was walking in the (2nd) mall, I thought to myself, "Either I'm pretty good at being inconspicuous in heels, or else I'm totally oblivious to any looks or comments." About 5 min later, as I was crossing the walkway heading back into the first mall, I saw two guys maybe 17-20 hanging outside the doorway, which was only about 12' wide (enough for 4 glass doors. There was no one else around - no one behind one, no one coming out, and for some reason I just knew I was going to attract some attention. Sure enough, right as I walked past them, and got to the door, I hear a, "Man, what the f*ck...". I didn't turn back, I kept walking. I smiled and maybe laughed, thinking, "I was THIS close to not getting hearing comments." I then walked back to my car and drove home. There were a fair number of teenagers in the mall (I guess a Friday night didn't help), but except for the two above, I had no problems. There were times when I adjusted my route to minimize my exposure to them, but nothing extreme. If I was there on a heel-watching excursion, it would have been a bust. I think I saw maybe 3 woman (~22) with any decent heels, but other than that, really nothing. That very disappointing considering it's a pretty decent mall: about 15 shoe stores, plus Macy's, Nordstroms, Neiman-Marcus. Obviosuly people buying shoes at those stores weren't wearing them the night I was there.