Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

I agree! I have yet to do an outing with my pumps on full display, but I can see doing that in the near future. I have some skinny jeans that I have been wearing but not with my pumps. But that combination is killer!

Go for it! You won't regret it. Chin up and walk proudly.

• Like 1

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a day off today, so it was time to travel once again. Today I had nothing specific to do so it was all about Mr. X, and having fun. For my outfit I choose: 1) white dress shirt 2) black leather jacket 3) black shoulder/camera bag 4) darker jeans 5) BCBG flat black pumps Most of my outing was spent window shopping and such. Of course I had to stop at some shoe stores though. I stopped in at Aldo which I usually do now. My favorite sales girl/manager was working. We had some friendly interaction while I browsed the racks. One pair of shoes caught my eye, but unfortunately they didn't have it in my size. Too bad because they looked nice and were on sale. Afrter a while I left empty handed. I stopped in at one more shoe store later in the day. I usually just look around here. Their shoes are a little pricey. I was greeted by the sales girl and noticed that she had on a nice pair of heels. I told her so, and she thanked me. I was hoping she would start discussing my shoes, but nothing. Oh well, maybe next time! We also interacted while I browsed. Luckily most of their shoes were marked down today. I found a nice pair of black steve madden peep toes. She fetched my size and I tried them on. They were too big unfortunately. I was slipping out the back as I walked. I thanked her anyhow. I proceeded to leave the store not seeing anything else I liked. After a few more stops I decided to head home. This was probably one of my longest outings to date, especially in pumps! I am still waiting for some kind of interaction on my travels. But I guess if the day goes off without a hitch, like they usually do, I can't complain. It is getting easier and easier with each outing. My heels are now a "normal" part of my outfits on travel days. Just like my shirt and pants are. I don't even think twice when I wear them. Now her are a few pics. Comments and suggestions are welcome as always.

post-1352-0-73829700-1337979286_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-79979700-1337979295_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-66556600-1337979304_thumb.jp

Bravo, Mr. X! Well done! A very stylish outfit that'll help you fit in just about everywhere!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice basic outfit Mr. X. Stylish yet subdued. A bold printed tee would also look good with that outfit.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...

Since I had a day off today, I decided to go travelling. As I mentioned in the new shoe thread. I had a new pair of heels I was dying to try out. The weather was quite hot today. So I decided to do a quick morning outing while I ran some errands. And maybe a little window shopping. Finishing off with some lunch. The day went off without a hitch. I was not out very long as I said earlier. The weather got real hot, real fast!

My outfit of choice:

1) white tee with green and grey stripes

2) darker blue jeans

3) guess cream colored stilettos

4) light brown sholder bag

Now here are some pics. The first is a pic with the bag. And the second is without.

And here is a link to a pic of the shoes only. http://www.hhplace.o...620#entry292769

post-1352-0-07559800-1342031872_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-48467900-1342031881_thumb.jp

I really like the contrast of the cream shoes peeping out from under the dark blue jeans just the right length. I'd have been tempted to try grey or green shoes to match with the tee, but that's just me being a bit over-obsessed with colour co-ordination, you've put together a nice relaxed casual look. Sounds like a great way to spend a day off.

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

A very bold look there if I do say so myself! However, cream and denim worked quite well. Bravo, my friend!

• 2 months later...

I realized I hadn't posted my travels in a while. So here goes! The weather is getting a little cooler here. Fall is defintely in the air! That means I get to start wearing my boots again. Yes! Dont get me wrong I like stilletos and such too! I just have a higher comfort level at this point in my boots. Plus I find it easier to put together outfits with them. Normally when I go out alone on my travels I wear heels. But it is usually under my pants. But I had a pair of booties I hadn't "broken in" yet. And I really wanted to give them an outing. They deserve to be seen! Plus I really wanted to give skinny jeans a go! I had a few errands to run. Plus I just wanted to do some window shopping and be seen in my outfit! As far as the day went. It went off without a hitch. No "reactions" what so ever! But then again I wasn't really looking out for them. So who knows! I just carried on like I always do without a care in the world. I headed to one thrift store here that I frequent. I managed to snag a perfect fitting pair of ladies black skinny jeans for ony $8! I can't wait to give them a future outing! Well that's about it! Comments and suggestions welcome as always. Here is a breakdown of the outfit. 1) green t-shirt 2) ladies shorter length black leather jacket 3) black camera/hand bag 4) guess dark blue skinny jeans 5) Dollhouse "Kalista" brown faux fur lined ankle booties Now for the pics. The first 2 pics show the outfit with and without the handbag. And the 3rd one is a stock photo of the boots themselves. Enjoy!

post-1352-0-26169100-1348452002_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-06352000-1348452027_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-06762600-1348452055_thumb.jp

Mr. X: Impressive! Most impressive! Your outfit looked darn good! Bravo! Definitely liked the shorter length jacket as well which worked well with what you wore. I'm going to have to look for something like that on my next trip to the stores. I agree that with the arrival of fall and cooler weather, boot wearing will become more prevalent, and that's something for me to look forward to! Keep on keeping on, my friend!

Nice look and definitely loving those boots! I used to wear my similar pair under bootcut jeans but I wore them once with blue skinny jeans and once with camel leggings, it takes a lot more confidence to step out but it feels so great. The hidden platform on your boots is so discrete and the height of the stacked heel is perfect. I love the swirly pattern on the sole too, it's really cool when a design includes little details like that.

post-12051-0-41589000-1348529121_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Wow! I can't believe this is my 2nd outing in as many days! I don't think I've ever done 2 outings in a week! Let alone report on them! I had so much fun wearing my booties last time, I thought I would give them another go. Plus I had my black skinnies I purchased on my last outing. I wanted to try them as well. My first stop was the big mall here. As I was walking to the doors a younger women was coming out. I guessed she worked in the mall and was coming out for a smoke break. She sat on a bech near the door and lit up. As I walked by I noticed she was moderately attractive. She wasn't a knockout, but she wasn't ugly either. She had on a pair of short black botties as well! They didn't really strike my fancy though. I kept walking and entered. I usual go there to check out the Aldo store. I wasn't in there very long, matbe 10-15 minutes. I didn't see much that caught my eye. As I was leaving the same young women was still outside. I was standing in her vicinity as I had to fish out my car keys and check my phone and such. As I was doing this she said "I like your boots!" I turned to her and thanked her. I thought about saying the same to her. But I really wasn't much a fan of her booties. And I didn't wan't to lie...lol I really would have liked to keep the conversation going though. I couldn't think of much to say. She got up to go back inside and I was on my merry way. It was still nice to get a compliment. They don't happen much for me. After a few more errands and window shopping I went to a grocery store. I needed a few things. This was my last stop because I was getting thing I needed to get home and put in the fridge and such. Again I wasn't in there long. I new what I needed and where it was in the store. Time to pay. When I have just a few things I prefer to use the self checkouts. I was almost done and the girl monitoring the area came to collect my coupons. I handed them to her and she said "I like your boots!" Wow! Twice in one day! A personal best for me. I thanked her, finished paying, and was on my merry way again. Needeless to say I headed home flying. And that's about it. Things really seemed to come in two's for me this week. 2 outings, and 2 compliments on my 2nd outing of the week. Thanks for listening. Now for the outfit and pics. outfit of the day 1) red t-shirt 2) black ladies cropped leather jacket 3) black camera/handbag 4) black skinny jeans 5) brown Dollhouse "Kalista" booties And here is 2 pics with and without the bag. Enjoy!

post-1352-0-15572300-1348621187_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-57779800-1348621301_thumb.jp

Good job on the whole outfit, Mr. X. I like!

So that's 2 compliments you should give to others to keep everything in harmonious balance.

I think giving compliments while wearing heels is just as much of a buzz as receiving them.

I give compliments all the time if they are warranted. And I don't need to be wearing heels or any other form of dress for that matter.

Bravo, Mr. X! Bravo! That's a sharp looking outfit, and it suits you well! And doesn't it feel great when you get compliments on your footwear?

Getting compliments is a nice feeling, Mr. X. Bluejay is a master at getting compliments and that really motivates him. I love getting compliments, too, but I don't get them as often as he does. Just today I took my wife to the salon to get her nails done, and while I was waiting, the proprietor of the shop, who knows I love to wear heels, complimented me on my sandals. I'm wearing brown Born platform sandals with two wide leather straps with adjustable buckles, a 3/4" platform, and 4" cone heels. I am also in dark denim bootcut jeans and a white polo shirt. Steve

I give compliments all the time if they are warranted. And I don't need to be wearing heels or any other form of dress for that matter.

I admire your self-assuredness. I'm still rather hesitant to give compliments when I'm not wearing heels, but wearing them gives me the confidence that the genuine nature of the compliment will shine through.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks, Steve for your comments. I always compliment when I see one nicely dressed and in heels. I am always out to put a very positive look to my heel wearing and yes I do get compliments mostly from women, but I have gotten them from men too! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Another day, Another outing! The morning was a little on the cool side. Perfect for some of the outfits I had in mind. The afternoon was suppose to be quite warm for this time of year though. So I had to do my outing in the morning to early afternoon, in order to "beat the heat". I had to run a few errands, groceries and such. Plus I needed a few household things for the new apartment. In terms of my outing, it went off without a hitch. I did everything I needed to do. And I thought I looked damn good doing it too! I am really starting to get quite comfortable in almost anything I wear these days. It really helps my outward appearance, and my comfort level! But the problem is I am still in the closet so to speak with my "outness" to people I know. And with my growi9ng level of comfort, it is only a matter of time before a slip up occurs, or I bump into someone I know along the way. But now I am rambling. Sorry...lol Back to the outing! Unlike my last few outings, I didn't receive any compliments on my choice of dress. But then again I didn't receive anything negative either. So I guess beggars can't be choosers. And I'll take that as a victory. Thanks for listening! Now for the outfit and pics. Today's Outfit 1) white dress shirt 2) ladies greyish jacket/blazer 3) dark blue skinny jeans 4) Aldo tan kneehigh boots with chunky heel 5) tan shoulder bag And now pictures with and without the bag. Comments and suggestions welcome. Enjoy!

post-1352-0-45857100-1349030737_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-53384000-1349030749_thumb.jp

I truly doubt that outfit would attract much attention at all. That's the beauty of a good outfit.

Well done, Mr. X! Your outfit looks both sharp and tasteful. LOVE the boots! And yes, I see no reason why it can't be worn anywhere, anytime. Bravo, my friend!

I truly doubt that outfit would attract much attention at all. That's the beauty of a good outfit.

Thanks! It didn't attract any attention!

I am not one for bags

Once I went pocket free, I never looked back! I carry a bag probably 90% of the time. But they are definitely gender neutral or camera type bags. I haven't crossed over to full on purses yet...lol

Well done, Mr. X! Your outfit looks both sharp and tasteful. LOVE the boots! And yes, I see no reason why it can't be worn anywhere, anytime. Bravo, my friend!

Thanks! I always value the comments and opinions of a fellow friend and trail blazer like yourself.

Great outfit! You won't attract much attention with it. It's so common to see boots like that on women, it's only a matter of time before men adopt, too. You're a pioneer!

Steve

Thanks! I have never but called a pioneer before! But I am starting to like it.....lol