Mr. X

Mr. X's travels

Well done, Mr. X! The pics looked awesome, and, more importantly, you've given me ideas for similar outfits I'd like to try in the future.

Mr. X, your heels are higher, and your blouse is shorter than Taylor Swift's. Good job! Maybe I can now forgive her for adopting and promoting the ridiculousness of high-waisted shorts. I think that trend is largely over, thank goodness! One question though, if I may. with a blouse that short and leggings, how do you deal with modesty issues in the groin area, or do you just not care? That's sort of what prevents me from trying this sort of look.

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Very nicely done, @Mr. X 

Love the new ankle boots!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

Well done, Mr. X! The pics looked awesome, and, more importantly, you've given me ideas for similar outfits I'd like to try in the future.

Thanks fir the kind words!  If I can inspire at least one other person then I fell like I have done my job.

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

One question though, if I may. with a blouse that short and leggings, how do you deal with modesty issues in the groin area, or do you just not care? That's sort of what prevents me from trying this sort of look.

I am usually pretty careful in that regard.  Usually if my tops are shorter I wear a longer coat to cover.  And depending on the bag you use if you do, that can be used for some coverage as well.  I was wearing a coat that was longer here.  I just took it off for the pics.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, Mr. X said:

Not me my friend. You might as well call this outfit broke Taylor. I can guarantee that my entire outfit costs WAY less than even one of the pieces in hers.

And as much as I like heels, I figured out early on in my journey that I enjoyed putting together complete outfits just as much! It also helps immensely with your presentation when you're out and about. I find that heels look less out of place on a man if they are worn with other pieces that would be perceived to be worn with said heels. For instance heels with sweatpants would look out of place on anybody out and about let alone a man!

Has anyone give you snubbing reactions of your outfit or just chuckle scanning your top, leggings, booties? Only because they view your wearing inferior clothes or shoes. 

Difficult to understand what people think of items we wear from there reactions.. Is it because we’re men wearing feminine clothes or colour choices made, style etc...

Often think, reason some woman with means feel more confident wearing designer brands. Seems anyone chuckling at how we style ourselves, convincing us that high brand name item can reduce the fear factor of what negative  people think.  A young stylish woman I seen recently has a Givenchy hand bag others may be critical voicing they don’t like it, looks to old fashion appropriate for old grandmother. Yet the handbag wearing woman can shrug of naysayers thinking to herself they only wish to afford such luxury accessory.  Or voice her disapproval of critical people’s  handbag which maybe inferior in quality and price. 

Another example today seen female wearing her hot pink purse across her torso front. If it had no brand logo many would find it fitting for a little child. Yet the PRADA metal logo was front and centre. My initial reaction was to be slightly amused,  as we closed paths I noticed the logo brand and suddenly lost my chuckled grin expression. Yet the woman wearing the purse could feel comfortable noticing me being critical initially, then I was put in my place afterwards once seeing the logo. From smiling amused grin to bulging eyes shocked frightened stare upon the purse logo. Sort of like a vampire seeing daylight. 

Often believe whenever I go out in public wearing feminine style they better be designer. If someone laughs mocking me I can look upon there style making a judgement showing my amused reaction. Thinking to myself yah I might of look weird in the style I wear for a male. Yet if the critics have any  fashion sense knowing my brand style I wear, they have to be envious or very least smiling at my correct taste in clothes or shoes. 

Edited by MackyHeels

45 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

Is it because we’re men wearing feminine clothes or colour choices made, style etc.

It's sometimes how you wear it. I have gone to work in a Victoria's Secret Sweater, with a women's turtleneck, women's pants and my heels and look like an alpha male. And have both men and women compliment my outfit. 

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

It's sometimes how you wear it. I have gone to work in a Victoria's Secret Sweater, with a women's turtleneck, women's pants and my heels and look like an alpha male. And have both men and women compliment my outfit. 

Interesting take @MackyHeels I rarely get reactions to anything I wear these days. And when I do, it is almost always positive!

And @Cali I find it is almost ALWAYS how you wear it. If you look like you should be wearing what you're wearing, regardless of what it is, then people will be more accepting to it.

That is why I always do a complete outfit. It shows that I put time and effort into my presentation, and I'm not just doing it for shock value or something.

A bum on the street wearing a pair of heels will get a lot of looks and stairs. A bum on the street wearing heels with a complete stylish outfit may get just as many looks and stairs, but mostly it will be for all the right reasons!

• Like 1