Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice collection you've got there! It is rather nice to have permanent and organized place to put one's shoes. I built some shelves in my basement a few years ago to house my approximately 60 pairs, and I don't know how I got along without them. What I find is that when I can see them all, I wear them all more regularly. Conversely, if there is a pair that I haven't worn in a very long time, it's easier to realize why and possibly cull that pair. I just did this two days ago, in fact.

I don't have mine organized quite as well as you have yours, but there is some method to my display. I've got mine organized with a winter section and summer section, and then there is dressy to casual within those categories. Every year or so, when the mood strikes me, I will do an actual written inventory. It is interesting to note how my tastes have changed over the past 7 years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had an interesting encounter today. It all started the other day. I was searching through Facebook Marketplace as I usually do. I came across a pair of black patent stilettos. They looked great and the $10 price tag didn't hurt either. So I messaged the seller to ask her a few basic questions. Things like the brand and size and such. At no point in our conversation did I mention or lead on that the shoes were for me. I finally told her I was interested and I could pick up the shoes tomorrow. She said great and gave me her address. She also said she had some other shoes I might be interested in.

So I drove to her house at the agreed-upon time and knocked on the door. She came to the porch area and let me in. She brought me the shoes and without missing a beat she asked if I would like to try them on. The whole drive over I was wondering how it was going to go down. And I was prepared for anything that might arise. I thought about her proposal for just a split second and said sure! I put them on and she asked how they fit? I told her they were really comfortable if not slightly large. Then she asked if I wear them around town referring to heels. I told her I do. Then she said if you don't mind me asking are you a crossdresser or trans etc etc. I felt really comfortable at this point and she seemed that way from the get-go. I told her none of the above. I told her I just wear whatever I want. If it looks good I wear it. She said okay. Then she started telling me about some trans person she knew years back in town. And all the struggles she had before she eventually died.

After a brief conversation she mentioned she had another pair of heels that I might be interested in. She said they were red patent and she went to fetch them. I was excited because I didn't have any red patent in my collection. She came back shortly with the shoes. I was slightly dejected as they were more of a maroon wine color. They were nice just the same though. They were Jessica Simpson brand. They had a 5-inch heel and a platform. They also had a keyhole cut-out in the toe box. I slipped out of the black ones and tried these on. They fit great and we're just as comfortable as the other ones despite the added height. She told me how great both pairs looked on me. She told me these ones would be $15 if I wanted them. I happily paid her the $25. She grab me a plastic bag to put the shoes in. And then she said if I have any shoes for sale later I will message you a picture. I thanked her and left one happy camper! Two hot pairs of heels for $25 and a very positive shoe buying experience.

The only negative is that when I got home I noticed the patent on the Black shoes had started to separate a little bit from the side of the heel shafts. I missed that earlier but since I only paid $10 for the shoes it was no big deal. A little glue and I should be back in business. I am going to get pics up of the shoes as soon as I can so stay tuned! Oh and I forgot to mention that earlier in the day I found a near-perfect pair of mint green patent stilettos in a thrift store for less than $10 also!

So let's recap. I got three pairs of heels plus a story and interaction of a lifetime. And not to mention a potential source of future shoe buying. And all it cost me was 30 bucks! You can't beat that!

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 5

I have had similar experiences buying off FB marketplace.  I don’t normally disclose I’m a guy.  I find 4 out of 5 times people are pretty open, as they want to make a sale. Shoes are a pretty easy one to just try on.  It’s when you shop for clothes on there that I will disclose I’m a male.  I’d rather try on things before I buy them.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As promised here are the shoes I purchased a couple of weeks ago.  The first 2 were purchased from a lady off of facebook marketplace.  And the 3rd pair I found myself in a thrift store earlier in the day. here is the breakdown and pics.

1) Black patent Marc Fisher brand with just under 4" heel

2) Wine color Jessica Simpson brand with 5-inch heel and a platform. They also have a keyhole cut-out in the toe box

3) Mint green Le Chateau brand with 4.5" heel

20190731_202754 (640x594).jpg

20190731_203040 (640x583).jpg

20190731_203201 (640x581).jpg

• Like 7

Outstanding, Mr. X! I like the mint green heels most. You don’t see a color like that every day.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Outstanding, Mr. X! I like the mint green heels most. You don’t see a color like that every day.

Thanks!  They are my faves too!  Now I just need to put an outfit together so I can show them off!

13 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Thanks!  They are my faves too!  Now I just need to put an outfit together so I can show them off!

Perhaps a green jacket, black top and black skinny jeans for contrast.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Sounds like a winner! 

Cool! I’m sure you could make that ensemble work.

• 5 months later...

I'm back with something new.  I haven't posted in a while.  I have been getting out though.  But these days my outings are less newsworthy than they use to be.  Not much usually happens these days.  So unless something happens during my outings I usually don't feel the need to post every single one of them.  Nothing much happened this time either.  My outing today was sparked by a new pair of boots I bought and the need to wear them out as soon as possible!

Whenever I have a day off from work I have certain shops and places I visit.  Today was no exception.  I was in a local thrift shop and purchased a pair of ankle boots.  They fit perfectly!  I knew I wanted to give them an audience right away!  The wheels were already turining in my head as I tried to figure out what I would wear them with.  It didn't take me long to figure it out though.  These days I can come up with nearly an entire outfit in my head pretty easily.  After dinner I decided to head out.

My outing was brief.  It consisted of me and my laptop for a couple of hours of web surfing complete with a delicious hot chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Now lets get to point of this post and give an outfit rundown complete with pics.

The Outfit
1) Costa Blanca brand grey ankle booties with 4.25" heel
2) Tattoo Jeans dark wash skinny jeans
3) Purple sweater
4) grey and black Reitmans brand tie up coat
5) purple Grace Adele Handbag

212.jpg

213.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I'm back with something new.  I haven't posted in a while.  I have been getting out though.  But these days my outings are less newsworthy than they use to be.  Not much usually happens these days.  So unless something happens during my outings I usually don't feel the need to post every single one of them.  Nothing much happened this time either.  My outing today was sparked by a new pair of boots I bought and the need to wear them out as soon as possible!

Whenever I have a day off from work I have certain shops and places I visit.  Today was no exception.  I was in a local thrift shop and purchased a pair of ankle boots.  They fit perfectly!  I knew I wanted to give them an audience right away!  The wheels were already turining in my head as I tried to figure out what I would wear them with.  It didn't take me long to figure it out though.  These days I can come up with nearly an entire outfit in my head pretty easily.  After dinner I decided to head out.

My outing was brief.  It consisted of me and my laptop for a couple of hours of web surfing complete with a delicious hot chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Now lets get to point of this post and give an outfit rundown complete with pics.

The Outfit
3) Purple sweater

212.jpg

213.jpg

23.jpg

Great new booties

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr. X said:

The Outfit
3) Purple sweater

@Mr. X - I could actually hear @JeffB's voice in your story telling here ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Damn snazzy booties, Mr. X! They look awesome!

Thanks Jeff!

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

@Mr. X - I could actually hear @JeffB's voice in your story telling here ;-) 

Interesting!  I can see some similarities now that you mention it.  And I got no problem being compared to @JeffB

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Interesting!  I can see some similarities now that you mention it.  And I got no problem being compared to @JeffB

Heh! Sounds cool!  :cool:

13 hours ago, JeffB said:

Damn snazzy booties, Mr. X! They look awesome!

I agree, they ARE quite snazzy! And that is despite the fact that they have built in metatarsal guards. I wonder if I could get by with wearing them to work?

In all seriousness, I have several questions. First, do those booties have a zip on both the inside AND the outside? Your picture(s) is kind of messing with my mind. Second, what does the purple sweater mentioned in the description look like? Third, is that coat actually supposed to tie way up there on your rib cage? I'm not asking to be a jackwagon, I actually just bought such a coat myself, and I am slightly puzzled by this feature. I figured that maybe I bought too small of a size, or that the coat is not proportioned to me, but it fits otherwise, and maybe that's just the style. I'm new to this area of clothing. And last, not really a question, but a comment, I really kind of like that bag, and I'm definitely not a handbag guy, though I may become one if I keep buying women's coats, as I am perplexed by their sparsity of pockets.

Let me get to your questions @mirosplant

There are zippers on both the left and right side of the boots. As for the sweater it is sleeveless with a high collar. There is probably a picture of me wearing it somewhere in this thread. And that must be the way the coat ties up. Based on where the loopholes are on the side. I can't figure out any other way it could be done. And the coat coat is definitely not small. If anything the size is a little big for me. And as much as I like carrying my handbags for looks they are also for practicality. Like you mentioned women's clothes have very little to no pockets. And when they do have them they are definitely on the smaller side. There is no way I would be able to carry everything I need to carry if I didn't use some kind of a handbag.

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 1

I wear Levis 311, front pockets are only a suggestion and I can't use the back pockets yet I find way to live without a bag. So it can be done.

As to how the coats are suppose to be tied look how they are displayed on the websites.  They usually will have several views on it with at least with it tied.