Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Well done, Mr. X! That outfit was absolutely smashing! I'm glad I inspired you to wear pumps after my latest outing, your shoes are great. Two thumbs up to you!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Maybe i'm brainwashed watching the episode of Seinfeld mocking a male wearing a satchel or man purse, Lol..

It's not a purse, It's European! :chuckle:

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Well done, Mr. X! That outfit was absolutely smashing! I'm glad I inspired you to wear pumps after my latest outing, your shoes are great. Two thumbs up to you!

Thanks alot!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another outing report.  The weather today was sunny and hot!  I knew I was going to wear some shorts for this one.  I figured some kind of wedges would pair nicely with what I was wearing.  I have also been experimenting with some stuff outside of the clothes and shoes.  Rings, earrings, makeup, purses and the like.  When I look in the mirror now there are days where I definitely see more of a female appearance rather than just a "man in heels"!  Today was one of those days!  I wouldn't say I was 100% female looking.  But my look is very androgenous I suppose.  There are people that will definitely do double takes with the way I have been presenting lately.

Before I get to tonights outing I should tell you about an interaction I had the other day.  I was wearing almost the exact same outfit as tonight.  I was at the grocery store.  And as I was leaving one of the older checkout ladies came up to me.  She said and I quote.  Ma'am Where did you get your shoes, we just adore them!  I told her and she thanked me as I left.  I was not fazed at all!  Just my longer hair alone has got me a Ma'ammed a time or two in the past.  I guess I'll take comments any way I can get em!

Now back to tonight!  I headed to my usual spot for an outing, laptop in tow.  My outing went off without a hitch as usual.  I defintely had a new wrinkle tonight though.  I had to use "the facilities".

Back in the early days when I was just about the shoes.  I would wear only shoes and they would be hidden.  The rest of me was all man!  There was no mistaking!  And I would just use the Mens Room.  But now I am presenting much more androgenous with outfits.  To the point where I am getting double takes and The occassional Ma'am.  So I figured I would probably get less hassle and feel safer the way I was dressed if I used the Ladies Room.  It was near closing time and the restrooms there are never very busy anyhow.  Plus I am well known with the staff.  But just to be safe I politely asked my favorite staff member.  I told her I needed to go to the bathroom.  I told her I would feel more comfortable and safe if I used the Ladies Room.  She was totally cool.  She told me I should use whichever bathroom I felt comfortable using.  I figured that would be her answer but I wanted to find out for sure! I didn't wan't any trouble!  I thanked her and went on my way.  I did my business and left.  On the way out I thanked her again and told everyone to have a good night and headed home.  Now for the outfit and pics.  Still not ready to show above the neck.  But trust me when I say my appearance was definitely more on the female side tonight with everything I had going on above the chin.

The outfit
1) Bamboo brand tan wedges
2) Boom Boom brand jean shorts
3) black t shirt
4) tan purse

20180528_213254 (293x640).jpg

• Like 3

Here I go again!  I had a few errands to run.  But the Stanley Cup Final was on tonight, so I had to make it quick.  Even My outfit was put together rather quickly.  And it was what I deemed "quick running errands casual".  The kind of outfit you would wear to the grocery store and the like.  I got dressed quickly and was out the door.

I did my errands and then headed to my usual internet spot.  After and hour or so I headed home to watch the hockey game.  The whole outing was short and went off without a hitch as usual.

The Outfit
1) Ardene brand gladiator style jeweled white flats
2) Old Navy Rockstar whitish grey pants
3) Old Navy blue t-shirt
4) Fortuna Valentino yellow purse

20180604_213827 (330x640).jpg

• Like 2

Here I go again!  This marks the second outing this week!  That might be a reord for me or something.  The weather was quite warm today.  So another outing in shorts was in order.  I knew I was going out tonight but the Stanley Cup was on too.  so I put my outfit together last night to save some time.  I have been told a time or I have nice legs.  I love Summer because I get to show them off!  If you got em, flaunt em!

Once dressed I headed to my favorite spot on outings.  The place was somewhat busy so I was definitely out on display.  And I was showing a fair amount of skin too.  Despite all that, everything went off without a hitch!  I was actually hoping for something.  But I guess nothing negative is just as good!  While I was there a younger attractive women came in.  She was dressed nice and had a great pair of heels on.  I told her I liked her shoes!  She thanked me and that was that.  I was hoping it would have turned into more conversation but I'll take what I can get.  After a bit of internet browsing I headed home to watch the game.

The Outfit
1) g:21 brand red with wood and cork wedges
2) Zoo Jeans brand shorts
3) Cable and Gauge brand black sleeveless top
4) Aldo brand black with gold accents purse

20180607_214936 (318x640).jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

That's a cute and casual look, @Mr. X. Indeed a lot of skin - but you certainly have the figure for it!

Love your wedges, but I'd prefer without the bling ;-) 

PS: Whats in the bag??

The contents of my bag varies depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing. But my wallet keys and cell phone are always in there.

• Like 1

Today I had aother outing.  A double outing of sorts.  That makes 3 outings this week!  4 depending on how you count today.  I got up and the weather was already nice outside.  The sun was shining and I new it would be a hot one today,  By lunch time we were already into the 20's for temperature.  I had to run some errands and do some window shopping so I turned it into an outing.  With the weather the way it was I knew I would be wearing shorts.  I put my outfit together and was out the door.

I needed a few groceries, so off I went for stop number 1.  On sundays all the checkouts are open so the cashiers are less busy than usual.  As I was walking down an aisle I recognized one of the cashiers waiting by her till.  She is an older lady.  The last time she saw me there she caught me leaving to tell me she adored the shoes I was wearing.  Now here we go again!  She wasn't busy so she came down the aisle to me.  She asked me if my shoes were another bargain find?  I told her I thought they were.  Then she told me my whole look today was awesome!  That was a nice unexpected way to start off my day.  I finished buying what I came for and left.

The thrift sotre I frequent is only blocks away from where I was so headed over there.  I noticed the parking lot was alot fuller than usual.  Then I remembered they were having 50% off today!  I was going regadless but that was a nice added bonus!  I was in there a good while because the place was packed.  It was worth it thought.  I walked out with a pair of shorts, 2 skirts, and a dress.  All for just under $20!  And I will definitely be using theses items on future outings.  And now for the second part of my outings.

I got home around lunch time.  After having a bite to eat I decided I was going to get on my bicycle and go for a ride.  So I thought hell, why not make an outing out of that as well!  I was still dressed from the earlier outing anyhow.  The only changes I made were to downsize my bag, and put on some shoes that were "pedal worthy".  Once I was ready I grabbed my bike and headed off!  I took the 5 minute or so bike ride to our local marina.  It has plenty off pathways throughout, for all the walkers and bikers and such that frequent the area.  With the weather the way it was the place had a good amount of people today.  I biked around the area stopping a few times along the way.  I sat on a few benches to take in the lake and all the boats on it.  I t also gave me a chance to people watch and to bask in the suns rays.  After I felt I had had enough of the sun I head home.  I t was a very peacful and enjoyavle couple of outings.  And if weather permits I may just go on some more rides.  Or at least go there to walk around in some summery outfits.  I enjoued my outdoor outing just as much as my indoor outings!

Outfit 1
1) Jessica brand black t-shirt
2) Boom Boom brand denim shorts
3) george brand black sandals
4) tan colored handbag

Outfit 2
1) Jessica brand black t-shirt
2) Boom Boom brand denim shorts
3) Ardene brand white gladiator style sandals
4) small tan colored crossbody bag

20180610_162729 (314x640).jpg

20180610_163102 (319x640).jpg

20180610_163620_001 (640x512).jpg

20180610_163703 (640x497).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MrX,

I must say you have showered us with a thunderstorm of photos and outfits. Not sure where in Canada you are but you did mention the heat and we had a scorching Memorail Day holiday period here in Wisconsin so I'm guessing eastern Canada. Maybe you should numbering your outings like JeffB does. I've rarely seen anyone who archives his experiences as well as he does but it does make for great reading . Thanks for posting! HappyinHeels

12 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

MrX,

I must say you have showered us with a thunderstorm of photos and outfits. Not sure where in Canada you are but you did mention the heat and we had a scorching Memorail Day holiday period here in Wisconsin so I'm guessing eastern Canada. Maybe you should numbering your outings like JeffB does. I've rarely seen anyone who archives his experiences as well as he does but it does make for great reading . Thanks for posting! HappyinHeels

Eastern Canada, no!  Eastern Time Zone, yes!  More power to @JeffB But I have A hard enough time documenting my outings.  I don't want to add more work for myself lol  Plus I go on outings that I don't document.  So all my numbers would be off anyhow!  "Thanks for posting!"  How about thanks for reading and commenting on my little corner of this site @HappyinHeels.  I don't post for thank yous but ill take em!  I post to hopefully inspire newbies like I was once.  I wouldn't be near where I am today if it wasn't for this site and some of the veterans here who inspired me and influenced my style.  So if even one person reads my thread and decide to venture out in the world wearing a pair of heels then that is all the thanks I need!  So thank you!

Okay, based upon what you just said, my guess is you live in that part of the Eastern Time Zone which arches over Upper Michigan and Wisconsin. Most people don't know the Eastern Time Zone in Canada actually extends further west than New Orleans, Memphis, or St. Louis. The sun is setting at 10:00 in some places right now because of that! As far as outings go you are doing fine numbers or not. It is hard to know how many others each member who posts regularly has inspired to wear heels publicly. I do believe each time it happens that member has mastered the art of communication. Since most of us are quite scattered across the Earth and we do not email or talk to each other our verbal skills here must paint the picture and thus inspire the reader to do what before they could have only imagined. Your spot is safe and you have done a masterful job posting. HappyinHeels 

• Like 1

Well, I don't expect anyone else to document their travels in the sort of exacting detail as I have, that's just how I roll, thanks to disciplines learned while I was in the military (Navy). Still, I greatly appreciate others here who chat about their outings as Mr. X does, regardless of how they talk about their adventures.

• Like 1

JeffB,

I knew there was another reason I liked you. I too was in the Navy 1980-1985 (CTI) and outprocessed right there at the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard. Yes, time in the Navy will give you a certain attention to detail.  HinH

• Like 1

Here I go again Folks.  And this time it's a big one!  Taking a cue from @JeffB and some others I did an outing in a dress! Yes, a dress!  Now I own several of them.  and I have even tried on and purchassed them in stores.  But to the best of my knowledge I have never worn one out for any length of time.  It has just been a thing I wear around the house from time to time as they can be quite comfortable.  Not to mention how cool and light and airy they can be.

The weather was quite nice and sunny today.  So it provided the perfect opprtunity to get out in a dress.  I pretty knew what I was wearing as I tend to put outfits together when I buy new pieces.  That way it saves me time when I actually go out wearing them.  Once I had my outfit on I headed out the door laptop in tow.  The sun was shining and beating down.  i managed to stay cool though because of my dress and the amount of skin I was showing.

I headed off to my usual spot for an outing.  The outing itself went off without a hitch.  At no point during the outing did the world come to an end based on what I was wearing.  In fact, it went a a little too good!  Based on the weather outside the place was less busy than usual.  My chances for interaction and to be seen were a lot less than normal based on the quietness of the place.  The only bonus was that it was some kind of happy hour and the beverage I purchased was half off!  So after one beverage and a couple of hours of internet surfing later, I headed home.  It was a small outing but I enjoyed every second of it!  My only minor complaint was the busyness or lack thereof.  I was hoping for some kind of interactions but it was a great outing none the less!  Oh well, there is always next time right?  I will defintely be doing more outings in summer attire, weather permitting  And that includes shorts dresses  and skirts.  Now for what I wore!

The Outfit
1) g21 brand red cork and wood wedges
2) Kismet brand black and floral dress with built in waist acccent
3) Aldo brand black purse

20180614_213644 (310x640).jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

I knew there was another reason I liked you. I too was in the Navy 1980-1985 (CTI) and outprocessed right there at the Philadelphia Naval Ship Yard. Yes, time in the Navy will give you a certain attention to detail.  HinH

17 hours ago, Henri1942 said:

Another GOB here.  I served from 1959 to 1969.  Stationed in New London CT.

Nice to meet other sailors here! I served from 1976 to 1996. I was a Storekeeper and outprocessed at Willow Grove air station after the Navy Base closed for business in 1993. I was very proud to have served and got to visit many amazing places, my favorite being Japan from August 1977 to December 1978.

Mr. X: Well done on your first public outing in a dress. Pretty cool, eh? Wearing dresses are easy and a whole lot of fun, once upon a time, I wore them infrequently, now I'm wearing them more often as they suit who I am as a freestyler.

It's time to report on another outing.  It also marks the second straight outing for me in a dress!  The weather has been quite good lately.  Today the temperature reached near 30 degrees!  I was planning on going out already.  The weather was just the icing on the cake!

My outfit came together rather easily.  I like the simplicity of wearing dresses.  A dress and some shoes, plus a bag and some jewellry, and you are good to go!

I grabbed my laptop and headed out.  I went to my usual spot.  The outing was rather boring and went off without a hitch.  Based on the weather it was deader than normal.  So lets just get to the outfit and pics.

The Outfit
1) Jessica brand multicolor floral print dress
2) George brand thong style sandals
3) Aldo brand black with gold accents purse

20180618_214947 (330x640).jpg

• Like 2

Nicely done Mr X

You just need to get some sun on those pins of yours! Perhaps some fake tan?

Seriously - a simple and elegant look. Nice to see the attention to details with your toes !

And remember to hang onto that dress if there is a breeze! Thats the only problem with an empire-line fit & flare like that!

But the shape is a good shape to wear!

• Like 1

Very well done indeed! Our weather in SE Wisconsin turned cooler and rainy after a weekend with afternoon temperatures of 93-94F(33.5-34C). While you were out in your summer best I was doing projects around our house which is what I suppose you do in retirement :fine:  HappyinHeels

11 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Nicely done Mr X

You just need to get some sun on those pins of yours! Perhaps some fake tan?

Seriously - a simple and elegant look. Nice to see the attention to details with your toes !

And remember to hang onto that dress if there is a breeze! Thats the only problem with an empire-line fit & flare like that!

But the shape is a good shape to wear!

Thanks for the tips and compliments mate.