Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Time for another post.  These days my outings are becoming very routine and uneventful.  Plus my outing venue tends not to change much at all.  I am down to a handful of places I frequent on my outings.  So generally I decide wether or not I will post my travels on an outing by outing basis.  Unless something postworthy happens on an outing I don't always post.  Such was the case tonight.  I wasn't going to post but my outing results dictated otherwise.

Ever since the calender turned to July we have been getting some "hot" weather.  The kind of weather you expect around here in summer.  Most days you can wear shorts no problem!  I am starting to acquire several pairs of wedges and or heeled sandals so I have started experiment with womens shorts as a result.  I have never been a fan of long shorts anyhow.  So womens shorts just seemed like a natural!

I put an outfit together rather quickly and headed out.  Laptop in tow, I went to my usual spot for some internet browsing.  Everything went as normal.  I was winding down my outing when It happened!  A university aged women was in the establishment.  She looked familiar.  I had probably seen her there before.  She was wearing a nice pair of black and cork wedges.  And she definitely wasn't ugly either!  I had every intention of saying something to her, I was just waiting for the right moment.  She was waiting for her order feet away from my table so I got a good eyeful.  Once she had ordered and sat at a table I decided it was go time!  I got up and walked past her table to check out a rack of items for sale.  On the way back I passed her table and said "I love your shoes!"  She said "Thank you!  I like your shoes as well, I was admiring them!"  I went back to my table and you couldn't wipe the smile of my face.  I guess she noticed them waitng for her order but didn't say anything.  That was a great way to end things, so I packed up soon after and headed home.  Enough rambling!  Now for the outfit and pics.

The outfit
1) black t-shirt
2) Boom Boom brand dark jean shorts
3) Bamboo brand tan gladiator style wedges
4) Tan color silver detailed handbag

004 (241x480).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 4

And that's all? My gosh, you passed up a great opportunity to get more acquainted with a woman who might become a good friend, a "shoe sister", or even a "sole mate." You could have continued the conversation and even planned to meet again to talk fashion. Ah, well, maybe you will see her again and can pick up the conversation once more.

I do like your outfit! Well done!

Steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

And that's all? My gosh, you passed up a great opportunity to get more acquainted with a woman who might become a good friend, a "shoe sister", or even a "sole mate." You could have continued the conversation and even planned to meet again to talk fashion. Ah, well, maybe you will see her again and can pick up the conversation once more.

Steve

There was a few reasons I didn't pursue it further.  It looked like she was busy with some school work so I didn't want to bother her too much.  I had also been there awhile already and was ready to leave.  Plus, no one really knows about what I do.  And living in a smaller town where everyone seems to know everyone, I am always afraid that I will be seen by somebody I know or that word will get back to somebody I know.  I have had a few close shaves already on outings. So I definitely have to be careful when I go out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Time for another post.  These days my outings are becoming very routine and uneventful.  Plus my outing venue tends not to change much at all.  I am down to a handful of places I frequent on my outings.  So generally I decide wether or not I will post my travels on an outing by outing basis.  Unless something postworthy happens on an outing I don't always post.  Such was the case tonight.  I wasn't going to post but my outing results dictated otherwise.

I know the feeling, which is why I entitled my own thread "The Ruminations of.  .  ." instead of the "The Adventures of .  .  . " or something like this. But I am glad to see your post, even if there is not much to tell. Nice looking shorts and wedges, by the way.

8 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Steve

Not everyone is the super-smooth guy you are, Steve! :cheeky:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr. X said:

These days my outings are becoming very routine and uneventful.

But these jaunts of some members are important to those that want to venture out of the house in heels but lack their own confidence to do so. To others, like myself, wearing heels is normal. I go grocery shopping, the hardware store in heels. I've even carried two 2"X4"X8' on my shoulder through home depot in stilettos. Sometimes I will encounter something new or extraordinary but most of the time most people don't even notice.

Nice wedges. I have similar wedges, even wore the cognac yesterday and the tan last week...Maxx Out Wedges

wedge_Bhh.jpg

Edited by Cali

5 hours ago, Cali said:

But these jaunts of some members are important to those that want to venture out of the house in heels but lack their own confidence to do so. To others, like myself, wearing heels is normal. I go grocery shopping, the hardware store in heels. I've even carried two 2"X4"X8' on my shoulder through home depot in stilettos. Sometimes I will encounter something new or extraordinary but most of the time most people don't even notice.

Nice wedges. I have similar wedges, even wore the cognac yesterday and the tan last week...Maxx Out Wedges

true enough.  I remember being in the same boat early on.  And those wedges are very similar!

4 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

I love the outfit - the wedge heels go so well with those little shorts - especially with your smooth slender legs in-between :cheeky:

Loved the story too!

Thanks for all the compliments!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mr X,

You will be noticed in shorts like that. It may be warm there right now but it's not like you're in Florida or Southern California where shorts are ubiquitous this time of year. Just seeing some wedges outside a major population centre is cause for celebration. Perhaps you could have pursued the conversation a bit more but I don't think it was meant to be. JUst a pleasant acknowledgement of one another. You'll know when something more substantial comes along and is meant to be.  All good things will eventually come to those willing to wait their turn. I commend you on a perfect wedge to handbag match. That stuff really matters and I believe this is what drew the woman's attention in the first place. HappyinHeels 

• 2 months later...

I had a short and uneventful outing tonight.  I had some recent purchases that I was dying to take out for a spin, including a new jacket and purse.  Here is what I wore.

outfit
1) black and white striped shirt
2) grey Forever 21 cropped jacket
3) dark wash American Eagle jeggings
4) greyish brown wedge boots
5) black with silver accents Guess purse

Here is 2 pics.  The first is the outfit as a whole.  The second is the purse and jacket alone.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

002 (237x480).jpg

007 (480x360).jpg

• Like 3

On 10/20/2017 at 6:15 AM, JeffB said:

Looking good there, Mr. X! The boots are particularly awesome!

20 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

I'm generally not fond of horizontal stripes, but you pull that look off very well. My compliments.

Steve

19 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Mr. X

Steve is right, horizontal stripes can be a disaster, but you have pulled it off fine with your nice long slender build....Loving the jacket, jeggings and boots also!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

22 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Looking fab, @Mr. X.

I love those boots, with the jeans - would love to see better pics of those, if you don't mind (that's what we're here for, after all :cheeky: )

Where did you go on your outing? 

If you look back in my thread there are other pics of the boots.  I have worn them on other outings that I have documented here.  And in terms of the outing, I just went to a my usual spot to surf the internet on my laptop.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After purchasing some more shoes lately I realized it has been a while since I counted my Inventory of heels.  So I did just that the other day.  Here are the results.

High Heels              59
Booties                      4
Wedges                     4
Flats                           2
Ankle Boots              5
Knee High Boots    10

Total Shoe Count   84

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr. X said:

After purchasing some more shoes lately I realized it has been a while since I counted my Inventory of heels.  So I did just that the other day.  Here are the results.

High Heels              59
Booties                      4
Wedges                     4
Flats                           2
Ankle Boots              5
Knee High Boots    10

Total Shoe Count   84

WOW!! Where do you store all those shoes?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

WOW!! Where do you store all those shoes?

In cardboard boxes under my bed.  I suppose I could ask you the same question.  From what I have read it souns like you have alot of heels as well, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

In cardboard boxes under my bed.  I suppose I could ask you the same question.  From what I have read it souns like you have alot of heels as well, no?

Well, nowhere near as many as you, but I have my fair share.

I just did a count of my footwear and have 40 pairs. Here’s the breakdown:

sandals: 16 

boots: 11 (ankle-5, knee-4, thigh-2)

pumps: 9

slides: 2

loafers: 2

Hard to believe I have so many pairs of sandals, all but four being flat heeled, especially since I had no love for them a scant few years ago, now they’re all I wear in spring and summer.

5 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I can understand why you would need 48 pairs of heels.... but why 5 running shoes :cheeky:

I only wear women's shoes since my last ankle reconstruction.  So when I go hiking, fishing along a stream, salmon fishing ... I need a flat shoe.  It's hard to shovel in stilettos (not saying its impossible, just that it is hard).

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I only wear women's shoes since my last ankle reconstruction.  So when I go hiking, fishing along a stream, salmon fishing ... I need a flat shoe.  It's hard to shovel in stilettos (not saying its impossible, just that it is hard).

Totally understand - but why 5 pairs :cheeky:

Just teasing you. usually its the other way around of course... why do you need more heels etc....  and on this site the reverse is questioned! 

6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

why do you need more heels etc....  and on this site the reverse is questioned!

Jeremy how dare you question needing more heels on this site!  :giggle:

I wear 4 inch heels almost everyday and all-day, more than I wear flat shoes. If I don't, then I end up taking pain killers for the bone-on-bone rubbing in my hip. So I NEED my high heels. I might as well have fun with them.  In the summer I wear shorts most of the time, so I have many wedges (hence my Wild About Wedges thread) and open-toed high heel sandals.  in the winter I wear more boots and water proof boots/booties. And I like to wear my boots with long pants anytime.

I always hated shoe shopping when I wore men's shoes. Nothing ever fitted, so I had to buy "clown shoes", shoes too large for my heels where it took it's toll on my ankles. I had very few shoes. Then I found out I had women's shape feet and started to experiment with women's shoes. To my surprise the fit was so utterly superior to what I had experienced in men's. From running/cross shoes I got 1 and 2 inch booties. Then sandals (flat)...suddenly I could find sandals that fit. Then I found I got pain relief from a 4 inch difference and I became a shoe-whore.  

See the new topic I gonna start when I have time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeremy how dare you question needing more heels on this site!  :giggle:

my point exactly :cheeky:

8 hours ago, Cali said:

See the new topic I gonna start when I have time.

Cant wait! I love reading your content.

• 1 month later...

Nice to hear such great experience. Curious of what the young woman employee motivation was? Understand she enjoyed your outfit assuming your the only male wearing such feminine attire in the coffee shop. 

Feels good when someone gives you a well deserved indirect compliment of the fashion style your wearing or treats you with respect as human being. Often then not most people are stunned or criticize others for any unique styles that don't conform to everyday's taste or trends for your specific gender. Vilifying you as weird only mocking someone as strange all awhile  keeping there distance.  Sometimes there are few special people enjoy a person that doesn't conform to societies rules of styles. In fact they welcome someone that can break from the mundane mould of fashion do's and don'ts and lifting there middle finger to just wearing what they desire. 

Your outfit certainly would be something i be wearing as the norm, day to day,  only if i finally bought a nice pair of skinny heel designer stilettos from CL rather wearing my bootie heels.  Although i do prefer a scooped top hem high on the hips but covering the front and back. Difficult to find such shirts often men's are cut even along the hem giving a box cut appearance. Glad you had the conviction to wear your heels so openly. Must say knowing how it feels being so exposed wearing the leggings gives more emphasis to your heels. Wow! is the feeling you must of felt afterwards. Heels are not meant to be hidden or worn by shy people in fact they are meant to be seen. You maybe making a habit doing this that upgrade of your shoes could be in the works. We all know when we receive encompassing gratitude from our appearance we sometimes can't let it go and want to build onto with newer fun outfits pushing the envelope. 

As for your purse i can't see myself wearing one. Do feel more comfortable wearing a nylon beach towel bag as backpack. Weird i know both are bags but something about a purse worn only around a shoulder makes me feel all to feminine. Maybe i'm brainwashed watching the episode of Seinfeld mocking a male wearing a satchel or man purse, Lol..

Anyway congratulations on your pleasant outing worthy for a post.

While  have the desire one day with the right outfit would like to go out in a tight  tunic and some nylons with perfect nice heels  sitting crossing my legs observing peoples reactions overreactions, in a bustling location as you described. See what happens, thanks for sharing. 

5ac16a4a488dd_large.569c3deee3274_FullSizeRender(25).jpg.aa5f490b6ffc2cedab973b247a6a04b6(1).thumb.jpg.9daea0774ad1e5d36214f960a608d9ed.jpg

large.569c3ddfbde4e_FullSizeRender(29).jpg.e547b6d2f9aab4605568cfc82a65f49e.thumb.jpg.f21939aff72984ad26946451efacff5c.jpg 

large.IMG-5216.JPG.4bec8ac52029695f3c6e8e8770c0e29b.JPG

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 3