Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

22 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great look.  Well done.  Really cute booties.

Thank you!  They are fast becoming one of my favorite pairs!

17 hours ago, JeffB said:

Bravo, Mr. X! That's a kicky and stylish outfit! Kudos to you, my friend!

Thanks as always Jeff!

15 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Great job X, you really look great....Don't mind admitting I am very envious for sure!

Much Appreciated!

By the way, Mr. X, you sure have great taste when it comes to handbags too! I never leave the house on an outing without a purse and it's fun to carry one, so I appreciate your style when it comes to accessories!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

By the way, Mr. X, you sure have great taste when it comes to handbags too! I never leave the house on an outing without a purse and it's fun to carry one, so I appreciate your style when it comes to accessories!

A minor digression from the topic but I have been carrying a handbag for at least five years whether I'm wearing boots/heels or not.  It is just an very efficient way to carry "stuff".  I'm not as fashion minded about my handbags as @Mr. X or JeffB as I usually carry a plain black leather bag, but then I'm usually wearing black boots.  I do occasionally wear brown boots and I have a matching bag.   End of digression.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

It's not a purse, it's European Lol  I had to throw the Seinfeld reference in there.  But thanks again!

46 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

It is just an very efficient way to carry "stuff".

I agree!  When I am not on an outing or just out with friends and family, I will still usually use a small crossbody bag or camera type bag etc.  I have been on a successful "pocket diet" for a while now.  Even if you only have your keys, wallet, and cell phone on you it can be tough to cram into pockets.  Not to mention uncomfortable!  I can't tell you how many holes I got in my pants pockets before.  Then I realized it was from my keys.  They would poke at the fabric, and eventually it would rip and make a hole.

Time to report on another outing.  I went to my usual wifi spot to spend some time surfing the net.  The place was busy as usual.   I did manage to get a complimet tonight.  Funny thing is , it was not in regards to what I was wearing.  A lady was walking by my table.  She pointed at my laptop and said, I love that!  She was refering to the flash drive I was using.  It had a picture of Snoppy on it dressed as the Red Baron.  She said she was a Snoppy fan.  Imagine that!  And just like at the end of Looney Toons cartoons, that's all folks!

The outfit
1) red shirt
2) black Rickis brand jacket
3) black leggings
4) Jules and James boots
5) red Sienna Ricchi bag

001 (228x480).jpg

002 (256x480).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Time for me to report again.  With time off during the holidays I spent today doing some shopping.  I was dressed in my normal male attire at this point.  I was out just window shopping some of the after Christmas sales.  I was also attempting to spend some of the gift cards I received this holiday season.  Along the way I decided to stop at the local thrift stores.  I usually attempt to make it there at least once a week.  I had not been to any off then since before Christmas, so I was due. I stopped in and the place was a lot less busier than usual!  Not to mention the shelves were alot emptier than usual, as well!

I have been searching for more coats to wear this winter. All my outings I end up wearing the same 1 or 2 coats.  I wear them because that is pretty much all I have that not only keep me warm in the cold Canadian winters, but that look stylish with the outfits I present on my travels.  I have a winter parka but it is big and bulky and does not look good when I am travelling and trying to look "fashion forward".  I managed to find one this time.  The color is a mix of grey white and black.  The brand is Reitmans which is a womens clothing store here in Canada.

Another piece of clothing I have been trying to find for awhile is some sweaters.  I like the look of some of them and they give some extra warmth in the winter time.  So far I have come up empty though.  They either end up being too tight, or they just don't look right on my body.  Most of them have small neckholes and I usually feel like I am being choked.  Today I managed to snag one though.  it was the first one that fit and looked good on me when I tried it on.  I was more than a little excited!  It is purple and sleeveless with a high neck and braid like detailing on the front.  It also has light purple sparkles throughout.  I paid for both pieces and returned home.  I was anxious to give both pieces a whirl as soon as possible, so an evening outing was in order!

I put together my outfit rather quickly and it included both new purchases.  I headed to my usual WIFI spot to kill a couple hours surfin the net.  The place was less busier as well and my excursion went off without a hitch.  2 hours and 1 hot chocolate later, I returned home.

The outfit
1) purple high neck sweater
2) Reitmans brand jacket
3) American Eagle black jeggings
4) Jules and James black boots
5) Sienna Ricchi black handbag

I included 2 pics.  The first is the entire outfit.  And the second is no coat and bag to show off the sweater.  Enjoy!  Comments and suggestions Welcome!

001 (227x480).jpg

003 (224x480).jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Time for another outing report.  I was doing some window shooping today on a day off from work.  I stopped by most of my usual haunts.  One of my favorite thrift stores was a gold mine!  I managed to get a few things that I will most likely use on future outings.  But the star of the show was the boots I found.

As soon as i saw them I knew they were going home with me, provided they were my size.  I checked the label and sure enough, they were!  I tried them on and they fit perfectly, if not slightly big.  I was wearing thicker socks and they fit well.  So I figured with lighter socks they would fit a little looser.  They felt very comfortable on.  As comfortable as any boots I own!  They are beige in color with a plush suede like material.  The brand is Just Fabulous.  They are knee high and the heel measures a near 5 inches!  The first thing I asked myself is why someone would want to abandon these beauties?  They were in pretty good condition.  They looked like they had only been worn a handful of times at the most.  They were a little dirty but I figured I could clean them up relatively easy.  The only reason I could see for letting them go is the height!  Whenever I see shoe ads online there is a theme I see more often than others.  Women claim they are selling the shoes because they are too high!  They say something to the effect of "I bought these and did not realize how high they were".  "I have trouble walking in them".  Their lose is my gain.  And the best part about about these beauties was the $15 pricetag.  I repeat $15!  I happily paid for my purchases and headed home.  I could not wait to wear my boots out.  An evening outing was in order!  I cleaned the boots and they were ready to go!

Now for the outing.  I put together an outfit rather quickly and was out the door.  I grabbed my laptop and headed to my usual wi fi spot.  As comfortable as the boots were navigating my stairs both inside and out was a challenge!  The heel height took some getting use to at first.  Even for a seasoned high heeler like myself.  Flat surfaces were no problem at all though!

Once at my destination nothing major happened as usual except for one little nugget.  I was sitting at my table and there was a couple of older ladies sitting next to me.  They obviously saw how I was dressed.  They decided to go grab a coffee and one asked if I could watch their stuff.  I said sure!  The other one said she would wait with the stuff.  Then the other said don't worry "this person" said they would watch our stuff.  It could be coincidence but I think my androgenous look confused her momentarily.  That is why she did not use the words "he" or "she" when referring to me.   Other than that I quietly and uneventfuly internet surfed, then headed home.  Now to the outfit and pics.

the outfit
1) Just Fabulous beige kneehigh boots
2) Aeropostale light blue skinny jeans
3) Green t shirt
4) black/grey/white Reitmans coat
5)Jessica Simpson grey handbag

Now some pics of the outfit and boots themselves.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

001 (241x480).jpg

005 (480x436).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great find, and they look as their name implies, "Fabulous". 

In the photos they are being rendered as white rather than beige.

To my eye, a coat with white/beige as the predominant color would look even better.

As for why someone would give them up... heel height, light color is hard to care for, don't have a thing to wear with them... whatever. 

Glad they found a good home.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great find, and they look as their name implies, "Fabulous". 

In the photos they are being rendered as white rather than beige.

Thanks!  And they are definitely beige.  I could not get the color to come out right in the pics.

• 2 months later...

Time for another update.  In the last week or so the weather in my neck of the woods has been very nice!  Today we hit around 15 degrees celcius.  The weather has been warm enough that you could wear sandals or some form of open toed shoes outside, no problem at all.  And I had just such the shoes!  A recently purchased pair that I was dying to wear out!  And with the weather the way it was it presented the perfect opportunity to do just that.

The shoes were purchased at a local thrift store. The brand is Bamboo.  They are tan in color with a wedge heel that measures about 4 inches bottom to top. They are an open toe caged look that ties in the front and zips in the back.  Combined with my recently purchased tan bag and a few articles of clothing, I put together an outfit rather quickly that I was quite pleased with when I looked in the miiror before heading out.

The outing itself was short and uneventful so I won't bore you with details.  Lets get straight to the outfit and pics.

The Outfit
1) Bamboo brand tan wedge heels
2) American Eagle black jeggings
3) white t-shirt
4) Rickis brand fitted black jacket
5) tan leather handbag

The first pic is the outfit as a whole and the next 2 are the shoes themselves.  Enjoy!

001 (247x480).jpg

005 (480x276).jpg

006 (480x275).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 5

I think your weather has been warmer than ours, as of late! I am glad you posted this, because I am the type of person who likes to wear sandals, and luckily I am blessed with feet that do not get cold easily (in fact, quite the opposite). I would wear sandals in the winter, provided it wasn't TOO too cold, but I always thought it looked funny to be wearing sandals with everything else covered up. Your picture proves that maybe it doesn't look funny. Maybe I'll have to try it next season!

However, I'm still not too sure about the shirt that is slightly longer than the jacket. I don't totally hate it, but I noticed it right away. I would be interested to hear other opinions about this. It's good to hear from you again, Mr. X.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

However, I'm still not too sure about the shirt that is slightly longer than the jacket. I don't totally hate it, but I noticed it right away. I would be interested to hear other opinions about this

I think it was the color contrast that attracted your eye.  I don't think it looks bad.  I have struggled with this and generally lean toward letting the jacket being longer because, on me, the longer top lowers the waist line that the cut of the jacket is trying to raise.  Mr.X is trim enough :cheeky: that that the cut of the jacket is enough to place the waist line.

:wavey:

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

However, I'm still not too sure about the shirt that is slightly longer than the jacket. I don't totally hate it, but I noticed it right away. I would be interested to hear other opinions about this. It's good to hear from you again, Mr. X.

Actually the jacket is not that short.  It rose up a little when I took the pic.

• 2 months later...

It's time for another entry in this thread.  The weather has been really hot here the last couple of days.  It is finally feeling like summer here.  and I had just the outfit for such an occasion.

The outing itself was short and uneventful so nothing to report on that front.  In terms of the outfit I felt that shorts were in order based on the hot weather.  I have worn shorts on past outings but they were always mens, or at least very unisex womens shorts.  Today was different.  I decided I wanted to try an outfit based around shorts that were 100% womens when you looked at them, at least in my mind anyhow.  And quite a bit shorter than most of the shorts I have worn previously.  Some might claasify them as "Daisy Dukes" but I think they are a tad longer.  Either way, they showed quite a bit of leg above the knee.  I have been told in the past that I have great legs, so I figured it was about time I showed them off!  So here is a breakdown of the finished product along with pics.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

The outfit
1) Bamboo Brand Tan Wedge Sandals
2) Bluenotes Brand Shorts
3) White T Shirt
4) Aldo Brand Tan Crossbody Bag

20170622_203714 (229x480).jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

It's time for another entry in this thread.  The weather has been really hot here the last couple of days.  It is finally feeling like summer here.  and I had just the outfit for such an occasion.

The outing itself was short and uneventful so nothing to report on that front.  In terms of the outfit I felt that shorts were in order based on the hot weather.  I have worn shorts on past outings but they were always mens, or at least very unisex womens shorts.  Today was different.  I decided I wanted to try an outfit based around shorts that were 100% womens when you looked at them, at least in my mind anyhow.  And quite a bit shorter than most of the shorts I have worn previously.  Some might claasify them as "Daisy Dukes" but I think they are a tad longer.  Either way, they showed quite a bit of leg above the knee.  I have been told in the past that I have great legs, so I figured it was about time I showed them off!  So here is a breakdown of the finished product along with pics.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

The outfit
1) Bamboo Brand Tan Wedge Sandals
2) Bluenotes Brand Shorts
3) White T Shirt
4) Aldo Brand Tan Crossbody Bag

Nice shorts there, Mr. X! Well done!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

14 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Great look!.  Daisy Duke shorts are at least  3" shorter.  Your legs look great but don't forget that the gals discovered that sheer hose make them look even better.

Edited by Thighbootguy

19 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I'd wear that! Great casual outfit!

Thanks!  Great minds think alike I guess!

17 hours ago, Cali said:

I've worn similar in the pass. But you need to get some sun on those legs and arms if you are going to show so much skin.

Sun just started comng out here..  So short of a tanning booth, it aiint gonna happen lol

16 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Looks great!  Those wedges are really cute and complement the casual outfit nicely!

have you considered wearing a bra?

No on the bra.  Curious why you ask?

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

Nice shorts there, Mr. X! Well done!

Thanks pal!

8 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great look!.  Daisy Duke shorts are at least  3" shorter.  Your legs look great but don't forget that the gals discovered that sheer hose make them look even better.

No hose for me thanks.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:55 AM, Mr. X said:

No on the bra.  Curious why you ask?

Just because your nips are very clearly visible, and wondered if that was intentional or not :cheeky:

you could wear a very low padded bra, would prevent that as well as giving some extra shape.

14 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Just because your nips are very clearly visible, and wondered if that was intentional or not :cheeky:

you could wear a very low padded bra, would prevent that as well as giving some extra shape.

I figured thats what you were thinking.  And no, it was not intentional.  Just the fit and color of the top I guess.  No bras for this guy.

13 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I figured thats what you were thinking.  And no, it was not intentional.  Just the fit and color of the top I guess.  No bras for this guy.

Got it :cheeky:

Well, everything else looks great on you