Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

I love your choice of sandals, however if you really want to improve the look with sandals i suggest a professional pedicure with fire engine red nail polish. You can never go wrong with red toenails and you will get a lot of compliments.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

8 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Mr X,

Nice outfit. Are these your hair that we see ? How do you wear them ?

Not sure what you mean?  But if your talking my actual hair then yes.  It is longer and I don't do anything fancy with it.

6 hours ago, Jamie001 said:

I love your choice of sandals, however if you really want to improve the look with sandals i suggest a professional pedicure with fire engine red nail polish. You can never go wrong with red toenails and you will get a lot of compliments.

I do the pedis from time to time.  Nothing currently though.

9 hours ago, Jamie001 said:

Red toenails ain't everybody's thing. Well-groomed feet, yes. I do my own ever since my favorite nail tech quit the shop. But polish? I think it's a matter of personal taste. I actually prefer natural nails, even on women.

12 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Mr X,

Nice outfit. Are these your hair that we see ? How do you wear them ?

Sorry to stomp on this thread, Mr. X, but since I am married to a non-native English speaker, I immediately knew was was happening here. 

Gudulitooo, "hair" is a very strange sort of noun in English. It's not really what we call a collective noun, but we generally treat it as such, so we usually refer to it in the singular. Which means, what we would usually say is, "Is this your hair that we can see? How do you wear it?" 

I hope this clears up any confusion. 

On June 24, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Mr. X said:

Time for a new outing report.  I had planned on going out tonight but the extra warm weather just made my decision that much easier.  And to say the weather was nice was an understatement.  I arrived home around 9pm and the temperature was still 26 celcius.  Or 80 for you fahrenheit people.  Plus I had a recently purchased pair of sandals that I hadn't "broken in" yet.  So it seemed like a good time to do just that!  The outing itself was short and uneventful so I won't bother discussing it.  Lets get to the outfit and pics.

The Outfit
1) Brown t-shirt with thin colored lines
2) denim capris
3) brown leather handbag
4) Spring brand gladiator style sandals with double ankle straps and near 4" heel

001 (228x480).jpg

006 (480x348).jpg

And now, for Post No. 3 in a row! First, let me say that I think your outfit looks nice. At least in the summer, your style and mine are somewhat similar, except for the handbag. 

I was just wondering, do you ever wear shorts with heels? As we have discussed before, I don't feel I look good in capris, but I do think I look good in shorts, and I wear them often. Trouble is, I get a lot of unwanted attention when I wear shorts with heels, so many times, I will opt for flat sandals if I have to run to the grocery store or something. Or I'll put on long pants with heels. I find I get waaaay less attention either way. 

I would think capris would be about the same on a guy, as far as undesired attention. Does this ever weigh on your mind when you are deciding what you will wear? It seems so much easier in the wintertime. 

18 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

And now, for Post No. 3 in a row! First, let me say that I think your outfit looks nice. At least in the summer, your style and mine are somewhat similar, except for the handbag. 

I was just wondering, do you ever wear shorts with heels? As we have discussed before, I don't feel I look good in capris, but I do think I look good in shorts, and I wear them often. Trouble is, I get a lot of unwanted attention when I wear shorts with heels, so many times, I will opt for flat sandals if I have to run to the grocery store or something. Or I'll put on long pants with heels. I find I get waaaay less attention either way. 

I would think capris would be about the same on a guy, as far as undesired attention. Does this ever weigh on your mind when you are deciding what you will wear? It seems so much easier in the wintertime. 

I have never done shorts and heels.  With women, heels and shorts are somewhat of a fashion no-no, or so I have been told. It would definitely get unwanted attention as you said.  Even on a women, let alone a man!

It use to be easier for me to dress in the wnter but not so much anymore.  If I think I look good in the mirror before I head out the door, I wear it!  And that is all that matters to me, Period!

Edited by Mr. X

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

I have never done shorts and heels.  With women, heels and shorts are somewhat of a fashion no-no, or so I have been told. It would definitely get unwanted attention as you said.  Even on a women, let alone a man!

It use to be easier for me to dress in the wnter but not so much anymore.  If I think I look good in the mirror before I head out the door, I wear it!  And that is all that matters to me, Period!

I saw quite a few women wearing shorts and heels the other evening at a local supper club so I don't think it is so much of a fashion no-no. Hot summer evening and a bar with a huge patio, so it probably depends on the situation.

I have worn shorts with heels. Mostly wedge types, both slides and strappy. I've never experienced any problems. I wear capris a lot with my heels. The capris in Mr. X's photo, are actually capri jeggings, that fit tight around the calf. Most of my capris are much more loose fitting, but I do wear capri jeggings  too. They all look good wearing heels. When I want a pair of custom capris, I just buy long pants and take them to the tailor shop, to have them shortened to a capri length. Works every time. Recently I was on a Caribbean vacation and I had several pairs of men's pants, tailored to capri length. I had many women ask where I got the capris from and I always told them they were custom tailored for me.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Mr. X....  I like the sandals, they look very nice....  sf

Edited by SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, Pumped said:

I saw quite a few women wearing shorts and heels the other evening at a local supper club so I don't think it is so much of a fashion no-no. Hot summer evening and a bar with a huge patio, so it probably depends on the situation.

It can be done, but only the right kind of heel will pull off the look successfully.

44 minutes ago, bluejay said:

I have worn shorts with heels. Mostly wedge types, both slides and strappy. I've never experienced any problems.

I have done the wedge thing with shorts too!  But I dont neccessarily consider that to be "heels".  When I say "heels and shorts"  I mean an actual thin heel.  Like a stiletto or something along those lines.  I don't see that much on women.  Especially around these parts!  It is usually a flat shoe like flip flops or something paired with shorts.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

It can be done, but only the right kind of heel will pull off the look successfully.

I have done the wedge thing with shorts too!  But I dont neccessarily consider that to be "heels".  When I say "heels and shorts"  I mean an actual thin heel.  Like a stiletto or something along those lines.  I don't see that much on women.  Especially around these parts!  It is usually a flat shoe like flip flops or something paired with shorts.

I think it's something that has become much more accepted in the mainstream fairly recently. And for some reason, it seems to be much more popular, at least here in the Midwest U.S., with Asian and Latina women.

My Vietnamese friend wears heels with shorts quite often, and I think it looks great! She did not do this just a few short years ago. Pun intended  

image.png

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 1

In my area, I see a lot of women wearing shorts, with wedge type sandals. It's a much dressier look than wearing, those ugly flip flops. Thin, stiletto heels can be worn with shorts, for a more formal look. I've seen that too and I've done that, also.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Capris, skimmers, and shorts can work with some heels nicely. Wedge sandals can work with even denim shorts. It really depends on the shorts and the shoes. Case in point the picture of the lovely lady above. I can't see wearing pumps for instance with shorts, but pumps and jeans are a classic look. 

• 3 months later...

I'm back!  It's been awhile since I last posted so I thought I would post something.  It's also fall time again.  And with cooler temps, my boots have been started to make more appearances in my outings.  I like summertime and my footwear that goes with it.  I just find it so much easier to put together outfits and go on outings in my boots.  I had a new pair of boots I recently purchased and wanted to debut them on an outing.  So here goes!

The outing itself went off without a hitch.  I just went to a free wifi spot to kill some time on the internet and people watch.  Maybe get some ideas for future outings.  Nothing significant to report.  So lets get to the outfit and pics.

The Outfit
1) black and white striped top
2) black motorcycle style jacket
3) American Eagle black jeggings
4) Suzy sheer grey ankle booties
5) small Aldo tan color bag

The first pic is the whole outfit.  The second pic is just the boots since they are new.  Comments and suggestions welcome as always.

002 (248x480).jpg

005 (480x360).jpg

• Like 5

Very nice, Mr. X! Very nice indeed! The ankle boots are quite sharp. Perhaps I might invest in a pair, what with fall on the way.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a new report!  The temp was quite cool today, hovering just above zero most of the day and evening.  I like fall and my fall outings.  I can put together outfits so much easier!  And I feel much more at ease!  Today was no exception.  Most of my outings lately have been trips to wifi spots to kill time on my laptop and that was the plan tonight!  I just recently purchased a new bag which I am in love with!  More on that later though.

The outing itself was pretty normal and uneventful which is usually the case.  The only highlight was when a women came up to me and asked if she could use the plugin near my table to charge her phone for a few minutes while she went to grab a coffee.  I said sure.  She said thanks and went to grab her coffee.  The women was East Indian I presumed and not bad to look at either.  She was nicely dressed compared to a lot of the female customers.  She had on a nice pair of black ankle booties.  When she came back for her phone I told her I liked her shoes.  She smiled and said thanks!  I was kind of hoping she would say something about what I was wearing, but to no avail.  The after some internet surfing I left.

As I said eariler, I recently purchased a new bag which I am in love with!  The bag is by Jessica Simpson. I purchased it from The Shoe Company in Canada.  the moment I saw it on the shelf I had to have it!  It is grey outside and looks and feels very soft.  It is very cute looking with plenty of compartments inside and out for my stuff.  The bag has a very expensive and designer look to it.  The price tag on the bag  had an MSRP of over $100!  The store price was $69.99.  It was a clearance item though and was an additional 50% off!  So I got the bag for less than $40!  I checked online when I got home because I wanted to know what model it was and how much it sold for elsewhere.  I managed to find it online quite easily.  It did infact MSRP for over $100.  And the cheapest I found it online for was around $60.  So at less than $40 I'd say I got quite a bargain!  But enough rambling.  Lets get to the outfit and pics.

The outfit

1) beige sweater

2) grey tweed like miitary style coat

3) black leggings

4) greyish brown flat wedge boots

5) Jessica Simspson Kendall Hobo Bag in colour grey

And here is the pics.  First is the whole outfit.  The other pics are of the bag inside and out including one stock online photo. Enjoy!

001 (223x480).jpg

20161019_140424 (270x480).jpg

20161019_140520 (270x480).jpg

index.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

The temp was quite cool today, hovering just above zero most of the day and evening.  I like fall and my fall outings.  I can put together outfits so much easier!

It isn't quite that cool in my area (yet) and I did do a quick look to see where you were from.  I my area, we consider near zero to be really cold.  But I also like the cooler weather as it is always possible to put on more good looking clothes, as opposed to limits you reach taking clothes off in hot weather.  All that said, your outfit, though great looking (and I love the bag), seems a little light for near zero weather, but I guess you Canadians are a little hardier than your southern neighbors. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

19 hours ago, bluejay said:

Nice fall look MR. X. Great color coordination, with the gray and black.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks!

15 hours ago, JeffB said:

Hey there, Mr. X! That's a great outfit! Looks very cozy for the weather. Well done, my friend!

It was cozy. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

It isn't quite that cool in my area (yet) and I did do a quick look to see where you were from.  I my area, we consider near zero to be really cold.  But I also like the cooler weather as it is always possible to put on more good looking clothes, as opposed to limits you reach taking clothes off in hot weather.  All that said, your outfit, though great looking (and I love the bag), seems a little light for near zero weather, but I guess you Canadians are a little hardier than your southern neighbors. :penitent:

Near zero?  That's nothing around here Lol  Wait till we hit minus 40 Lol

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Near zero?  That's nothing around here Lol  Wait till we hit minus 40 Lol

Now I'm seriously curious.  What do you wear when it gets cold by your definition?  Hold on, don't you northern folks use Celsius? If so 0C is 32F which by my standards is just a brisk day, but -40C is also -40F.  Around Cincinnati the coldest I remember is -20F (-29C) and, if you went out at all, you wore everything you owned.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

7 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Now I'm seriously curious.  What do you wear when it gets cold by your definition?  Hold on, don't you northern folks use Celsius? If so 0C is 32F which by my standards is just a brisk day, but -40C is also -40F.  Around Cincinnati the coldest I remember is -20F (-29C) and, if you went out at all, you wore everything you owned.

We do use Celsius.  And when It gets really cold we definitely bundle up!

• 3 weeks later...

Time to report on another outing.  I went to my usual wifi spot to spend some time surfing the net.  The place was busy as usual and my night went off without a hitch.  Couple hours and 1 hot chocolate later, I headed home.

The outfit
1) dark grey shirt
2) grey tweed like military style jacket
3) black American Eagle jeggings
4) Suzy Shier grey ankle booties
5) Jessica Simpson bag

002 (228x480).jpg

001 (228x480).jpg

• Like 5