sizing of heels

trevor

i am thinking of purchasing a pair of high heel pumps which are 43/4 inch high with a 3/4 inch hidden platform. i have a size 11 male foot. i was going to order these in a 12 but the biggest they have in stock now is 11. Do you think these will be ok?

Payless sizes tend to be pretty generous. I'm about a 12.5/13 male size, and some size 13's & 13W's from Payless fit pretty well. If you can, you'd be better to buy your shoes either from a store where you can exchange them for a different size, or a mail order place with a good return policy. In either case, you'd want to look for a place that carries at least up to 12, size 13 would be better.

Bought 2 pair of shoes at Burlington Coat Factory (Great prices and selection if you haven't checked) yesterday. One is a Size 11 and the other is a Size 10. Both have 4" heels and closed front and back. Both fit exactly the same. Zappos.com has great feedback on their products letting you know how each brand compares to the actual size. Check there before ordering online to see if they run large, small or right on. Some of the posters are correct about open toe or sandals. You can wear a half to full size smaller if the front, back or both are open. I actually like my sandals smaller.