What is happening in Singapore?

Up in Singapore this week in my comfy loafers and couldn't help but notice the shocking shoe trends up there? It seemed the thing to do is wear 2 to 2 1/2 inch mules that are about 2 or 3 sizes to big so their toes hang over the front, ahh but that's not all? What is the go with wearing these pantyhose with really thick toe reinforcement (not sure what the correct term for that part of the pantyhoe is?) with these shoes so that bit hangs out the front also :smile: It seemed like everyone was doing this? WHAT'S GOING ON UP THERE LADIES? :???: Take it easy! Geoff.

Well, wearing heels is not all about looks, is it? It's also about how you feel. Maybe they like the jeans to cover all but the lower part of the heel and the toe sticking out front. I like the look and I'm thinking buying a pair of jeans like that. I think they'd look good with my 5.1" stiletto boots. In my oppinion: flared legs only go with stilettos and pointy toes. If the heels are thicker or if the shoes have a platform, straight legs is the way to go. Of course, straight legs can look good with stilettos too.

Straight legs are important, yes they look good. How would it look if the wearer had crooked legs? Some bow legged shape, and then trying to wear heels? It would be a disaster! So yes, straight legs, up and down, which may not be good for riding a bicycle or a horse, but perfect for heels :smile: This bit of silliness brought to you by Dreamchew, the new gum that is also a hallucinigen!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!! Tight stretch jeans with a zip at the ankle. Wear with high wooden soled mules or knee length boots (pull-on by preference) with 4-5" skinny heels. However, I do like the look of some scruffy slightly flared jeans with a nice pointy toe just about showing out from underneath.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear my flared jeans with 5 inch stilettos and I think they look great :grin I love the look you get with the jeans nearly coverying the heel and the toe peeping out (have to be pointed of course)Hate the flared jeans and trainer look though jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

Totally agree Jo-Jo, my jeans are essentially boot cut (slight flare)absolutely skin tight to the knee but only cover half the heel. They look good otherwise I wouldn't wear them. Also have seen people wearing such with trainers and they tend to crunch up, result daggy look. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I tend to just wear ordinary jeans, but I am looking for some slightly longer bootcut ones, just for a bit of added confidence. Actually, I seem to end up in my suit trousers and heels quite often, because I'll be driving back from somewhere that I had to go to in a suit :smile: .

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I agree with you because I stay in Singapore and I see it everyday. Here, I just don't get it... Platform shoes are very popular among the teens. Very ugly shoes, though. :eek: But I am happy to say that mules are making a comeback here. I hope that stiletto heels would become a common appearance here. :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

However Debbie, we sIngaporeans still can't fight Hong Kong in fashion. Normally it takes a month or more to reach singapore after Hong Kong has released it. I went to Hong Kong last year before christmas and brought a pair of heels in Ocean Harbour Shopping Center ( something like that)and the same design was only available after January in siNgapore. However, i think mules is making a comeback like Nata said but stilettos heels are still rare to be seen.

I hope so, Debbie. But UK design seem to reach faster here compare to Hong Kong especially in fashion and retail. Anyone like Jimy Chua shoes here (the one who made late Princess Diana shoes. He seems to be a good designer too...