Would you buy non-Louboutin red-soled shoes?

roz

Would you ever buy non-Louboutin red-soled shoes?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever buy non-Louboutin red-soled shoes?

• Absolutely not
    • Only if I like the red sole style and didn't have the money for the real thing
    • Only if the red soles were on very expensive shoes (ie, they're not cheap rip offs)
    • Yes I would

As a Christian Louboutin fan, I was wondering what you girls think about other brands copying the famous red soles. More to the point, would you buy non-Louboutin shoes with red soles? There are plenty of examples where the red sole has been copied, including Oh Deer (famous for copying the red soles), Elite Heels (who have a whole red soles range) and more surprisingly Mui Mui. I don't think I would ever buy non-Louboutin red soled shoes. I would go so far to say if I did wear them, I would feel like a cheap fraud pretending they're Louboutins. I know they're a popular style, but they're a popular *Louboutin* trademark IMHO. I would like to think that if I didn't have the money for the real thing, I still wouldn't buy them, because anyone likely to be impressed by the red sole would be able to spot from a mile off that they're rip offs.

post-11189-133522870367_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522870369_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522870371_thumb.jpg

post-11189-133522870373_thumb.jpg

I voted yes, because I would, and have! I really do not care about labels..maybe that is a little strange, but all I care about is how the shoe looks, and I saw some shoes that were gorgeous and in a high street store. I couldn´t not buy and wear them just because the sole was red!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I would ever buy non-Louboutin red soled shoes. I would go so far to say if I did wear them, I would feel like a cheap fraud pretending they're Louboutins. I know they're a popular style, but they're a popular *Louboutin* trademark IMHO.

I would like to think that if I didn't have the money for the real thing, I still wouldn't buy them, because anyone likely to be impressed by the red sole would be able to spot from a mile off that they're rip offs.

My sentiment exactly. Red soles = Louboutin in my mind and any other brand mimicking this is fraudulently trying to jump on the bandwaggon.

The red sole is such an integral element of the Louboutin trademark. Even their bag clasps are high heels with the red soles... the clasp often being the only noticeable indication that the bag is by Louboutin (a touch that I am fond of).

I have noticed many premier designer brands copying eachother, such as the Miu Miu's and it disappoints me. Aside from the quality of the materials used, part of the high ticket price is for the design element and they're not showing much ingenuity by copying other peers.

I have a bit of a confession to make, although it wasn't really an option I could select on the poll - I bought some non-Louboutin red soles at the weekend.

BUT...

The entire shoe was the same shade of red.

So I would like to say in my defense that I think I was talking about contrasting red soles when I did this poll. The funny thing is that with the red sole matching the rest of the red shoe, you don't even notice the soles. So much in fact I didn't realise they had red soles until I got them out the box at home.

Traditionally I have only ever bought purple Louboutins (as purple is my favourite colour, plus it's slightly different) and black Louboutins as it's such a classic look.

These were YSLs so they did cost a bit, plus the red sole is only a red leather sole, it isn't the YSL pillarbox red. I still wouldn't ever buy a non-Louboutin red soled shoe, but I think these are an exception because the whole shoe is dark red.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I would, because as roz said, I would feel like a fraud, even though I don't actually tend to care about labels. That said, had Louboutin become known for hot pink soles, I'd probably feel differently and be buying any good looking copies I could get my hands on, so I'm not sure which way to vote!!

I would- I do. I do not think all shoes of louboutin beautiful, and there are also styles l. never would offer, like these ones attached. it is very often also a question of price but not only. in fact louboutin is not even the first designer offering shoes with red sole. I have some shoes with red sole which ain´t cheaper than original louboutins. but I would not mind buying really cheap shoes with red sole either if I would really like them. I just love the red soles! There are different sole colours too, but its about red soles for me, not about brand. I also really love the red soled collection from elite heels, and in my opinion this is really comparable quality for incredible price- plus service and you can make your own - unique shoe as to color and style.

post-2189-133522874628_thumb.jpg

post-2189-133522874631_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Here in the South, a lot of makers have done red soils with good quality. Of course, they didn't say that Louboutin was the first and they just made a copy

My vote is : Yes I would ( yes I know, there are reds and REDS )

Elegance is my second name

In second thoughts, if Louboutin is the genuine creator, he would feel proud of he hole world calzature inspires on his original idea. Anyway, did he register the patent of the invention?

Elegance is my second name

As much as I do love my Louboutins I also have a fair selection of other red soled shoes, The only thing that I think about is if I like them and I think they are sexy enough, And suit my outfit, I know my partner will be turned on by them as he has bought them all for me anyway :smile:.

• 1 month later...

As much as I love my Louboutins (I only have two pairs) I am not bound by labels and would buy shoes that had red soles. It's the style that sways me about what shoes I purchase not the label.

• 7 months later...

Well said, SarahLou! I do become enamored of brands that I have a few favorite heels from, but I would rather buy an $8 pair of Payless heels over a $100+ brand name pair that didn't look appealing to me. Also, I have gotten some well made heels from more obscure brands that receive lots of compliments and have stood up the test of time. I still would never say "no" to a certain pair of Jimmy Choo heels :smile: BTW, what a wonderfully cheeky avatar picture!

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

• 1 month later...

I love bright coloured shoes, though any shades of green are my favourites. But I can rarely (read never) afford expensive brands. They're just for looking. Coloured soles though, for when you think black shoes are more appropriate, geat. I think I might try painting some of my soles

I love bright colours- just not red! I like baby pink and nude colours. I especially like greens and yellows too. You could paint your soles with floor paint, that might last a while- perhaps they could be dayglow or reflective.....maybe not! You might attract the wrong kind of attention!

• 1 month later...

I replied yes to the poll but wouldn't get cheap knock offs. The idea that a red sole can make you feel better is silly. Lets get real here , a Louboutin shoe is unique , same a Gucci and many others but we can't afford them in the colours we need every year.