SuperArch

bluewind

A few months ago i decided to purchase some 7" superarch pumps from Archenemys. Well after over 2 months they finally arrived. after wearing them inside only, after 4 weeks while sitting down typing at my computer i heard a crack and one of the heels snapped. I imediately contacted archenemys about the problem and sent them some detailed photos of why they snapped. they said they needed to see the shoes in person (i was hesitant about spending $30 to send them back but what choice did i have?) at first they sounded sypathetic and said their shoe designer would have to make a decision. After a few weeks they said if i wanted i could have a new pair for $80 US - this sounded reasonable but when i analysised it this is just for one shoe and i already paid $30 and the exchange rate has gone sour also i thought the construction technique was crap so i said no thanks. to me when something is faulty or poorly made you normally get a replacement or refund but i knew from the start there would be no chance of this due to the fact of the country difference. anyway, we exchanged lots of emails (if anyone is interested i can post them all) with the guy from archenemys saying there was no way they could have broke just by sitting down even though i was very detailed and even sent a picture i ripped off the net and adapted to show why they could have broke (if i can work out how i will post the pic?) anyway the guy from arch enemys started getting shitty and acussing me of blackmail when i said i would post a message on this forum. here is a quote from his last email. "Your mannerism on this whole situation is nothing short of demeaning... so much in fact it has actually begun to sicken me. Asking for a handout is low enough but to go as far as you are obviously willing to go for a simple gain, out of mere spite, is just shameful. How one person can be that decadent and not know when enough is enough is beyond me or anyone here for that matter." - what a lovely chap he is - i did vaguely recall they had a very bad press on here a few years ago but i forget what about? anyway in regards to the reason why the heel broke, the reinforcing pin inside is only made from hollow steel tube (about 3mm) and it doesnt even go all the way to the top this is where the heel broke because when sitting down the heel is resting against the ground and providing leverage and force at an angle. as i told the guy from archenemys most objects are very strong end on but very weak when forces are applied at other angles ( you could easily stand on a pen end on and how easy is that to snap?) - well same thing. (i know that even cheap brands use a solid steel pin that goes all the way to the top) how much extra does a solid that is fixed properly pin cost? i will take this as an expensive lesson not to buy expensive chinease crap again. or from shady opperators like archenemys. on the red photo you can see where the pin has ended by the chamfer on the end (pin is not even aligned strait) on the adapted picture im sure you can guess without a engineering phd why it broke in that place. Im wondering how many other people have had a heel break and what the contruction method was?

post-536-133522870015_thumb.gif

post-536-133522870017_thumb.jpg

post-536-133522870044_thumb.jpg

What an interesting post. I say that because I am literally on the verge of ordering two pairs of shoes from ArchEnemys (XX17E sandals and some baby pink Boatshoe courts). How were you sitting down? I quite often stretch my legs out and balance my feet on the heels (kinda hard to explain) which I guess is a bad habbit, but nothing has ever snapped that way. Every time my heels have failed I have been standing up. The funny thing is that I have had heels fail on me, often on pretty new shoes. It has only happened a couple of times, but I remember once it snapped like on yours (I think those shoes were from Tony's) and once the heel just came straight off (those came from New Look). Of course, I was a bit annoyed (one pair snapped when I was coming down my stairs!!) but these things happen. Heels *do* just fail. It's just one of those things. Anyway, in the case of the Tony's shoe I emailed and they asked for the shoes to be sent back and they would look into it. Uh oh I thought, but they replaced the broken shoe without quibble. In the case of New Look I just went in store and they replaced the shoe without even asking how it happened. I don't mind if shoes or heels break. Even a heel tip came off one of my Loubies, but every time they have replaced without question. It is funny that they're trying to save themselves money by being awkward with you, because they have probably just lost $400 of custom from me. Not because one of their heels broke, I don't care about that, but because they obviously suck at customer service and seem to accuse their customers of being liars just for the sake of saving themselves a few dollars. It's a shame because their shoes look gorgeous.

I was going to order from them as well--but I'll look elsewhere now. As you say, if that is the quality of their shoes and their customer service is as you describe, they'll be losing more than just a little business--at least in their shoe sales. Thank you for the warning!

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but don't Archenemys have their heels made by 6InchHeelsForever - hence the long delivery times?

And Roz - buying shoes in New Look is asking for trouble. New Look shoes are cheap China stuff.

I buy nearly all my High Street heels in Faith/Solo or Russel and Bromley (mainly made in Brazil, Spain and France) - and haven't had a single heel fail yet.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi Bluewind, thanks for this post. I had my doubts about that company. Tried sending email to get some info on shoes and they never sent any email back. Can you show the full picture of the shoes. Did you buy a super arch 6 inch or 7 inch heels?

I did wonder who made ArchEnemys shoes. Some seem to be Pleasers (2nd page of heels anyway), would be interested to know for sure as I'm also on the verge of buying shoes from 6IHF - has anyone had any problems with them? I don't mind New Look shoes. As I say I have had problems with a £400 pair of shoes before, and I've bought loads of New Look shoes over the last year or so because they're cheap and cheerful.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but don't Archenemys have their heels made by 6InchHeelsForever - hence the long delivery times?

And Roz - buying shoes in New Look is asking for trouble. New Look shoes are cheap China stuff.

I buy nearly all my High Street heels in Faith/Solo or Russel and Bromley (mainly made in Brazil, Spain and France) - and haven't had a single heel fail yet.

Even though they look the same, according to Arch Enemys, their shoes are not made by 6IHF, but some other manufacturer that they wouldn't name.... :winkiss:

Thanks for that link. I guess I certainly won't be ordering from there, then. How can a company be allowed to trade with such poor levels of customer service? Taking money and not delivering shoes, let alone keeping customers informed is tantamount to theft in my opinion.

They've probably been overtaken by their wanting to expand their business too fast. They've got so many deals in the works right now that they would need more than 24 hours in a day to do them. If they don't have the people on board to handle the business....... From what I gathered there are just two of them attending to their store, their photo shooting (not including the models, of course, but one of them is also a model) arrange for the equipment needed, negotiate for the rights to a new TV series about Archenemies, answer e-mails, order the shoes and other things they sell, produce and copy the videos they offer and so on...... How they can do what they try to do is anybodys guess. The end answer, I suppose, is to spread the word that they're unreliable and overloaded---and too greedy to get more so they won't do much about trying to correct it.

I have purchased a few pairs of shoes from 6IHF and so far I love them but I have to tell you that I was having them make me a pair of custon shoes for halloween and they told me OK! 3 weeks later they e-mailed me telling me they are too busy to make my shoes right now but they have a similar shoe comming out in Nov but no pic . I am not going to but a pair of shoes for over 200.00 without seeing them and they still havent sent a pic of the other shoes. All in all I do love there shoes I guess patience is a virtue!!!

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone, All handmade shoes face material shortages and labour shortages that cause production delays: Material Shortage: Materials in small quantities are hard to source. Once a material is used up, sourcing the original material is sometimes impossible. As a result, we'd have to use similar materials to complete the work. Labour Shortage: This may happen during busy times of the year. Because premium quality high heels can only be made by master shoe makers, the masters' personal schedule effects production. The steel rod inside the ABS heel has to be hollow. Otherwise, there is no way to hammer the heel tip into the steel rod. Steel rods are supposed to be full length (from the heel base to the heel tip). We make our heels very strong, but we cannot guarantee that our heels won't break against abuse. You can be assured that the heels will hold under normal wear. On the other hand, if you like to abuse shoes (some people really do), you may purchase a pair to do extensive abusing. We'd lover to hear back from you. Our website has recently been updated. However, several new pictures have not been posted on our website. If you are requesting for a new style to be made, we will only send you a picture of the prototype if we approve the style. Here are some facts about 6ihf.com: 1. 6ihf.com has a retail outlet in Toronto, Canada. The new name is "Cinderella High Heels and Bridal Boutique", located at " 623B The Queensway, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, 416-371-9668 " 2. 6ihf.com is not only a retail outlet, it takes part in the entire design, development, and production process. Not only are the 16cm heels slender and beautiful, the 13.5cm heels are now slender as well. 3. 6ihf.com has a peak production speed of 2190 pairs/year. This is very low quantity compared to other shoe makers. 4. 6ihf.com does not manufacture shoes for archenemys.com . 5. 6ihf.com does not make 18cm heel shoes. 6. SSHH are back in production. However, the toe bar has been replaced by a single chain acting as a toe strap. Please view our website for details. 7. U20SA is back. However, the platform has to be visible. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.