Your and only your pics in this thread

:) everyone, In France, we haven't got chance like English or American people, it's not easy to wear heels for men. I create this thread in order to have more ideas about going well heels with clothes, and for me, the better way is to have some pics... Although people are thinking that in France, we are a country where the fashion is very developped, spirits are quite closed :nervous: So I think it's better to post pics here, and make a thread which brigging together all the members pics :winkiss: PS: I don't lnow if my English is ok... :sad:

In France, we haven't got chance like English or American people, it's not easy to wear heels for men.

For some it's easy; for others it's hard. But that's 90% about the man wearing heels and only 10% about "where in the world". I'd never thought I would (could?) openly wear heels but since the first day I did I have never received even a single negative comment!

If men in the US, UK, The Netherlands (that would be me) and so many other places can wear heels, so can you. As so many have found out: the sky won't fall down.

If it's something for you or not, that's for you to decide. But you shouldn't hide behind the French.

I think people are less open than in UK... That's not really the subject of this topic :winkiss: I juste want members to post pics of their outfit to sse what they are weraing with heels :nervous:

This topic has already been addressed for almost three years now:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/4950-share_your_best_freestyle_fashion_pictures_here.html

I think he maybe looking for a short library of pictures, rather than a 100+ pages of posts that maybe time-consuming to access?

Possibly the members gallery might be a better place for Mr Coyot to find what he's looking for?

:nervous: everyone,

In France, we haven't got chance like English or American people, it's not easy to wear heels for men.

I create this thread in order to have more ideas about going well heels with clothes, and for me, the better way is to have some pics...

Although people are thinking that in France, we are a country where the fashion is very developped, spirits are quite closed :winkiss:

(...)

Now you know about the thread for members pictures and the galleries, I would like to take the time to speak about France.

I was there for vacation from september 19th 'till october 4th with my wife. What I have to say is that I agree with Wille_E_Coyot. French people is very conservative. I didn't see any public expression of fashion freedom, sexuality (gay people is very indoors around there) what makes it very difficult to freestyle.

Kneehighs seems to be at the right place, where fashionists are all around what makes the freedom sensation a lot easier to achieve.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

One thing that appears is that men wearing heels is not the same from country to country. So it depends where you live around the world as to what rules you must observe when it comes to men wearing heels in public. To some it is easier and to some it is much harder to be fashion conscience about the subject. We all, in some way push the envelope to some extent or the other within the parameters presented to us as best we can to satisfy our desires and to educate the public to what we are doing and why. So be it. The idea is to not do anything to step backward, but to be able to advance things within the rules given us. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

I don't agree with generalising, i.e saying that heeling in France is harder than the UK, US for instance. Most countries have places that people are more open to fashion ideas. I don't know where you live in France Wile E Coyot, but I'm sure there are neighbourhoods/areas in Paris (or other big cities such as Marseille, Lyon etc) where people won't give you a second look if they see you in a skirt and heels. The same goes here in Canada. I live in Edmonton which is a blue collar city and a general conservative attitude and lots of immigrants with traditional views regarding a mans role in life. I however have gone out in skirts and heels and never had a very unpleasant encounter. The reason is that I choose my public destinations carefully. We are first and foremost humans. Human behaviour is predictable and all you need to do is read the experiences of other people on the forum to have an idea of what to expect while wearing heels in public. Most of the fear in wearing heels is in the person wearing them. I've lived in Paris in the past and the French never seemed to be too vocal in public. If they dissaprove of your appearence, they'll keep it to themselves. So 99 percent of your outings will end up with NO ONE remarking about your heels. You might even begin to want to have some sort of reaction. Good or bad reactions such as giggles or talking behind your back might actually relax you and be a sort of ice breaker. When no one reacts you have that inner tension where you are preparing yourself for any sort of reaction. That keeps you nervous. Once a reaction does happen you'll most likely relax and say to yourself "hey, that wasn't so bad". If it's a positive reaction like a good looking woman telling you how good you look in your outfit, you'll feel like you won the lottery. Just don't go to places you wouldn't normally go to in masculine fashion mode, places where you can get into trouble. Stay away from places where people lose themselves such as bars. You might miss out on great compliments from drunk men haha or hot women but you also might miss out on a hostile encounter of a group of drunk young guys who are itching to pick on someone. If you do eventually have enough courage to go to a bar/dance club, go with friends. While chances in a bar for any reaction are higher, it doesn't mean that your outing will end up badly. Again, read other peoples experiences in such spots, some are fantastic others unpleasant (but not violent).

Most countries have places that people are more open to fashion ideas. I don't know where you live in France Wile E Coyot, but I'm sure there are neighbourhoods/areas in Paris (or other big cities such as Marseille, Lyon etc) where people won't give you a second look if they see you in a skirt and heels.

I have freestyled in Paris and Lille, and apart from a couple of puzzled looks from people, I never came across any negativity. French fashion is generally classy and not over the top (one bespoke designer piece per outfit generally - although Paris fashion week things may be different), which maybe the reason why the French public's reaction to a guy in heels would be different to someone in London. But on the whole, people don't care, just as much as they don't care in London or New York.

I live in Edmonton which is a blue collar city and a general conservative attitude and lots of immigrants with traditional views regarding a mans role in life. I however have gone out in skirts and heels and never had a very unpleasant encounter. The reason is that I choose my public destinations carefully.

Indeed. There tends to be an assumption that working class/blue collar = intolerant which can be far from the truth in a lot cases. I think the assumption that the working class are somehow intolerant can be inaccurate and insulting to a lot of working class people. Intolerance and tolerance comes from all sides of the social spectrum.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

:grin: everyone,

I create this thread in order to have more ideas about going well heels with clothes, and for me, the better way is to have some pics...

Although people are thinking that in France, we are a country where the fashion is very developped, spirits are quite closed ;-)

Yes, this is most unfortunate... I personnaly work in a trtansport company as a truck driver. I don't see me arriving in 4" stilettos, most u fortunately... :w00t2:

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

• 8 months later...