Where are the real stiletto heels???

goddesstasha

Nowadays, people call every shoe that has 3 or more inches heels, which are not chunky, "a stiletto"! Am I the only one thinking that this is not what it supposed to be? Ok, they are high heels but come on, stilettos?? Even in music videos people speak about stilettos and then you get to see ugly chunky heeled sandals!! Stilettos are high heels (4-5 inches and above). The heels initially were made of metal but later some other manmade materials were also used which were sturdy enough to carry the weight and withstand the enormous pressure at the heel. The heels must be thin and spiky. What do you all think?

I think it is like many things in life that over time as more and more varients come and go, the original definition becomes more and more vague to the point it loses its meaning. I personally never say stilletto and must admit myself I'm not really up on high heel terminology so normally keep it simple.

I always thought and thought I was right by what I heard and the people around me that a stiletto heel was the thin pointy heel of 4 inches or so....

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 1 month later...