Avenue store - comments about?

jwhite44

Anyone have any experience with their stores? In a different post, someone mentioned Cloudwalker shoes, which come in sizes up to 13, and in wide (and I think double wide) widths, good for us guys with larger feet. In another post, someone mentioned they were having a jean sale, good for those that prefer woman's jeans vs men's. I've never heard of them before, but they seem sort of like a combined Lane Bryant / Payless. I'm just wondering if anyone has gone to one of their stores, or bought anything from them, to know how their sizes run (large/small/true), interaction with their sales agents, etc. I have one of their stores near me, but it will be a few days before I'd be able to get to it.

I have a pair of jeans, straight legs, from the Avenue. They were pretty inexpensive in comparison to Lane Bryant, and I do think there is a difference in quality. If you find a bigger store, their election isn't bad for shoes, but I really never liked too many of their styles. As for clothing, I think it can be a bit on the frumpy side.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have a pair of jeans, straight legs, from the Avenue. They were pretty inexpensive in comparison to Lane Bryant, and I do think there is a difference in quality. If you find a bigger store, their election isn't bad for shoes, but I really never liked too many of their styles. As for clothing, I think it can be a bit on the frumpy side.

As I mentioned in the other thread - I found actually really nice bootcut jeans there for $16.90. Can you go wrong with that? As far as quality goes ... if you go for Payless and Pleaser, then there's no need to buy expensive other clothes, isn't it?

I have bought shoes at Avenue. Sometimes they have attractive shoes; others not so much. Right now they have some cute boots, but their shoes don't do anything for me. The bizarre thing I found out about the stores is that the people working there are expected to rearrange the entire store at least once a week, as directed by headquarters. I don't think the kind of person who wants to give outstanding customer service is typically the same kind of person who wants to follow a merchandising plan every week in excruciating detail.

That's an encouraging post you found, thanks. I agree with others, from just a style perspective, I can't say Avenue would be my first store of choice. However, putting myself in their target audience: someone who needs larger-size shoes & clothing - any store that provides a difference selection is better than nothing. I'm almost hoping that the item I'm interested (ankle boots) look as unisex in person as they do online. I didn't see anything on their website, but it doesn't look like Avenue does ship to store (vs mailed to an address)? That's a really nice feature, but so far Payless has been the only store I've seen that does it.

...I didn't see anything on their website, but it doesn't look like Avenue does ship to store (vs mailed to an address)? ...

I emailed Avenue and received a reply, they do NOT do ship to store. What I didn't ask is that if I'm in the store, and a size is unavailable, can they reorder it, or transfer it from another store.

Hopefully they'll just have my size, and I'll be done with it.