Motorcycles & Heels

dww

So far never read any articles on motorcycles & heels, back in 1968-69 loved riding my bike, wearing heels, with a helmet on (not a legal requirment in them days), so nobody could tell if it was a male or female rider. only wore a helmet if it was raining, loved the rain, stop at traffic lights one high heeled foot on the ground, people in cars alongside looking and wondering. Amazeing what you got up to in younger days, then you get a car and heeling has to change again. Anybody else wore heels on a bike?

life is not a rehearsal

Once or twice.. hehe. If you do a search you will find a thread I did wondering if anyone had motorcycle apropriate heels they have worn. I've gone as far as 4" heel thigh boots, but normally it's a pair of motorcycle boots with about a 1.5" heel.

(formerly known as "JimC")

A few years ago I went out omn the motorbike (bandit 600) wearing 4 inch heels and I got pulled over by the cops!! They were just doing random checks as there had been a lot of bike theifs at the time. As soon as my credentials checked out I was on my way but with a very red face. I've never done it since!

Hi Have often thought about riding my bike with heels However could not be the usual stilettos, very sure would damage the shoes, and then there is the issue of changing gears, that always leaves ,marks on the shoes on top Wedges might work, however will need to be something without a platform Besides all the above, would rather skip on the idea and just keep dreaming about this one, IMO would not be very practical riding my super bike with heels, might lead to a change in riding style and enjoy behaving like a little kid on my bike Think for practical biking will need to be my normal flat shoes However the idea does appeal to me!! :winkiss:

I own a Harley with floor boards and a foot lever shifter. I have worn many heels with that bike. It feels great. I have some 4 inch stacked heel boots that look great with chaps. Shifting is not problem - I always do the toe shift up when I ride.

i own a motorcycle myself(2000 honda ace tourer 1100). however,riding one of these is serious business. i would not want to compromise my safety by wearing heels while piloting these behemoth. as the black gal said in "gone with the wind"...just taint fittin...

That's were some Flat Heel THB's/CHB's can come on into play.

Boots Rock!!!!

This is a link I kept from another thread (somewhere.)

Not quite ballet boots (ahemm), but stylish and practical [in black] if looks are an indicator. :nervous:

Yep boots like that would be fine for riding bike, however, spiky heels or stilettos would not be practical or as mentioned not the most practical from a safety point of view!!

:winkiss:

Have worn a pair of low heeled pumps before and found it to be quite the thrill. I could see taller heels though as mine is an automatic shift.

2004 Suzuki Burgman with a CVT! 70 miles a gallon city! Close to 90 highway!

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

...2004 Suzuki Burgman with a CVT! 70 miles a gallon city! Close to 90 highway!

T&H

I had a 2003 Burgman 400 but was never able to get that kind of mileage - I got a consistent 55 mpg (those are American gallons!) with it, though. I'm now on a 2007 Boulevard C50T and get a consistent 50 mpg but I wouldn't want to wear heels when riding. Safety is more important to me than style...

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 1 month later...

I have 4 different pair of women's motorcycle boots very similar to the Harley lady's boots pictured below, all with 3 to 3.5 inch heels, that I wear all the time on my motorcycle, often with leather jeans. Functional, safe and biker stylish.

post-1585-133522875258_thumb.jpg

I beleave a glider were you can have your legs forward would work better with heels than sportsbikes. Since I live at the Philippines with trafic without any common sence, I prefer to wear sneakers or simular. Motorcycle riding down here is considered as extreme sport... No heels on the pics..sorry.. :-)

post-351-13352287531_thumb.jpg

post-351-133522875317_thumb.jpg

I own a 2003 Heritage Softail Classic and have been riding Harleys all my life - since 14. I wear high heels at times and love it. I had a triumph once and actually wore 6 inch heels and it was a kick start. I wear 4 inch stacked heels with my current bike - lots of fun. Ride on Bernheels

Any pictures of them (or link to a website)? I'd tend to think whatever heels are worn on a motorcycle, they'd need to be thicker, chunkier? It would seem that a thin heel (stilletto at the extreme) could too easier break off if it catches something on the ground.

Unless you are an off road rider I really can't see a situation where you would catch a heel on the ground. Unless you take a turn at a really high rate of speed but then I think you may have other problems.:w00t2:

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel