The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, Kilty! Thanks for the pictures! Most interesting indeed!

no worries, glad you like them... just trying to get you to break out of denim as there's a world of lovely skirt materials out there, I just ordered a gorgeous tweed style pencil skirt, I kniw you might prefer denim as the material is a bit more sturdy and doesn't show off too much... er, equipment, but with appropriate underwear that is never an issue... it's not a denim dress by any chance for your next jaunt, is it? :silly:

no worries, glad you like them... just trying to get you to break out of denim as there's a world of lovely skirt materials out there, I just ordered a gorgeous tweed style pencil skirt, I kniw you might prefer denim as the material is a bit more sturdy and doesn't show off too much... er, equipment, but with appropriate underwear that is never an issue... it's not a denim dress by any chance for your next jaunt, is it? :silly:

Nope! See below:

Jaunt #250, 12/21/2014:

Wow! Two hundred and fifty times I've indulged in my little adventures wearing women's shoes then clothes. Pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself. Anyhoo, as promised, for this outing, I went out today in a dress, and it was great fun. The frock in question was a black, cowl neck sweater dress with three quarter length sleeves I bought at Sears over two years ago, in fact, the store I bought it from closed a year later. Why did I wait so long before wearing it? To be honest, I don't quite know, I just never got around to it, but I'm glad I did finally wear it as I thought it looked good on me, paired with my black leather jacket, gray tights for proper contrast and the Pleaser four inch heeled “Vanity” knee boots and a black handbag. All things considered, I thought it was one of my nicest outfits, and I felt good wearing it.

Heading out, I ventured westward into Springfield for lunch at Olive Garden, armed with a $25 gift card I got for a holiday gift from a co-worker, and I intended to put it to good use. After arriving, I hopped right out and headed and went right in, as was often the case, I turned no heads or garnered gasps or wide eyed stares from the wait staff or other diners as I was taken to a table and seated. Lunch was Chicken Carbonara with a glass of iced tea, and it was mighty good, a pleasant reminder of the tasty chow they have there, I'll have to dine there more in the future. After paying the bill with my gift card and leaving behind a nice tip, I sauntered towards the entrance, in clear view of other diners, and again, no consternation from my appearance. Back in the car, I returned to town and headed to center city, namely the Rittenhouse Square area, took me quite some time to find a parking spot on the street which was a couple of blocks away from Barnes & Noble, even though the sun was out, it was still a tad chilly for late December, but I found the weather highly invigorating as I walked to the store, as was the case at Olive Garden, I went ignored in the MUCH larger crowd, clearly a guy in a dress and heels is no more a shocking sight to the public than say, a guy in a skirt and heels, and that's certainly a good thing. After thirty minutes in the bookstore, browsing the aisles, I left with a graphic novel and returned to the car as I had football to watch back home.

All things considered, it felt damn good to wear a dress, it was as natural to me as any article of clothing or footwear I've worn, be it from the men or women's side of the store. Like I said earlier, it was great fun, moreso than I could've anticipated, even though this was my fourth outing in a dress. In fact, after this outing, I actively plan to wear dresses more in the future like Thighbootguy, I think it's just part of my natural evolution as a fashion freestyler. More to come....

post-154-0-32620000-1419247024_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-54966200-1419247032_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-06050200-1419247040_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-43833900-1419247046_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB -  Well done!  The combination looks great. :clap:

I have worn that style of dress several times recently and I find it very comfortable and I, think, good looking.  I have only has one person obviously notice I was wearing a dress but she accepted it immediately.

Consider a belt work high above your waist to break the line.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff,  Your outfit does work quite well.  And your the guy to pull it off.  WELL DONE. 

Olive Garden not only has good food; they support our veterans.  Every Veterans Day, the offer a free meal to veterans wit a paying guest.

Henri. 

OMG Jeff! You're not wearing denim! I need to sit down :silly: The dress looks fantastic on you, it seems that you are so confident in your attire you don't attract stares etc as before. Sounds like a great jaunt, see how nice non denim clothes are? Now get a regular pencil skirt like mine! :wink: looking forward to your next jaunt :)

Congratulations on the 250 Jeff, I think the dress looks great the leather jacket, it's a nice mix of textures and the dress, jacket and boots are all just the right length and very well proportioned. I was a little surprised at first that you didn't accessorize with some sort of necklace, but then cowl-necks are kind of tricky for that so maybe this is one of those times when less is more. It's nice that you saved that dress for a special occasion, I used to feel like I have to wear everything straight after I buy it but now I enjoy the anticipation of thinking of a new combination to try out as my collection grows, rather than just wear a new purchase for the sake of it.

If you like it, wear it.

Looking good as always Jeff!  The outfit looks great!  The only thing I may have changed is a splash of color somewhere.  The bag perhaps?  You can barely see it against the leather jacket.  But otherwise, well done!

JeffB,

I like the look of your sweater dress. I've been thinking for some time of getting one for myself. Now you've given me the inspiration to go out and buy one. I like the basic black color and will acessorize it with splashes of color in acessories.

Thanks for your post and pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

JeffB -  Well done!  The combination looks great. :clap:

I have worn that style of dress several times recently and I find it very comfortable and I, think, good looking.  I have only has one person obviously notice I was wearing a dress but she accepted it immediately.

Consider a belt work high above your waist to break the line.

TBG

Glad you liked the dress. I was very eager to wear it and had fun wearing it because it felt so natural to me. As for a belt, I had thought about one. What would you suggest? Thin or thick? Matte or patent? Same color as the dress or a contrasting color?

Jeff,  Your outfit does work quite well.  And your the guy to pull it off.  WELL DONE. 

Olive Garden not only has good food; they support our veterans.  Every Veterans Day, the offer a free meal to veterans wit a paying guest.

Henri. 

Thanks! I simply do the best I can. And yes, I know about OG's support of veterans.

OMG Jeff! You're not wearing denim! I need to sit down :silly: The dress looks fantastic on you, it seems that you are so confident in your attire you don't attract stares etc as before. Sounds like a great jaunt, see how nice non denim clothes are? Now get a regular pencil skirt like mine! :cheeky: looking forward to your next jaunt :)

Surprised you, didn't I? HA! Glad you liked the dress. Well, when it comes to wearing anything, be it a dress or skirt or high heels, confidence is important, otherwise, it just doesn't work. As for a non-denim pencil skirt, I'll work on that!

Congratulations on the 250 Jeff, I think the dress looks great the leather jacket, it's a nice mix of textures and the dress, jacket and boots are all just the right length and very well proportioned. I was a little surprised at first that you didn't accessorize with some sort of necklace, but then cowl-necks are kind of tricky for that so maybe this is one of those times when less is more. It's nice that you saved that dress for a special occasion, I used to feel like I have to wear everything straight after I buy it but now I enjoy the anticipation of thinking of a new combination to try out as my collection grows, rather than just wear a new purchase for the sake of it.

Regarding accessories, I had thought about some sort of jewelry, but the cowl neck did indeed make things tricky as my necklaces and pendants were too short and looked odd. Meanwhile, I do have a long strand of pearls, but I just didn't know how to make it work with that collar, so I decided to go without. I'm already planning for the next dress I buy to be a turtleneck style, that way, I can wear jewelry with it. Oh, yes, I can't wait to wear a dress again!

Looking good as always Jeff!  The outfit looks great!  The only thing I may have changed is a splash of color somewhere.  The bag perhaps?  You can barely see it against the leather jacket.  But otherwise, well done!

Thanks for the kind words, and the suggestion. I've always been a slave of sorts to the fashion edict that says one's handbag must match one's shoes, but I'm trying to break free of that edict. I'll do some studying online to find out what color I can pair with black shoes/boots without being overpowering.

JeffB,

I like the look of your sweater dress. I've been thinking for some time of getting one for myself. Now you've given me the inspiration to go out and buy one. I like the basic black color and will acessorize it with splashes of color in acessories.

Thanks for your post and pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad that I've inspired you to buy a dress and to accessorize it to your liking. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

As for a belt, I had thought about one. What would you suggest? Thin or thick? Matte or patent? Same color as the dress or a contrasting color?   Yes

I'm not really ducking the question.  Mine is wide, matte, and a contrasting color but I have also worn a thin (1") black leather belt.  I wear one higher than my waist to not emphasize my non-existent waist.  A belt draws attention so be careful to where you draw that attention. That is my main caution of wearing a belt. 

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Glad you liked the dress. I was very eager to wear it and had fun wearing it because it felt so natural to me. As for a belt, I had thought about one. What would you suggest? Thin or thick? Matte or patent? Same color as the dress or a contrasting color?

Thanks! I simply do the best I can. And yes, I know about OG's support of veterans.

Surprised you, didn't I? HA! Glad you liked the dress. Well, when it comes to wearing anything, be it a dress or skirt or high heels, confidence is important, otherwise, it just doesn't work. As for a non-denim pencil skirt, I'll work on that!

Regarding accessories, I had thought about some sort of jewelry, but the cowl neck did indeed make things tricky as my necklaces and pendants were too short and looked odd. Meanwhile, I do have a long strand of pearls, but I just didn't know how to make it work with that collar, so I decided to go without. I'm already planning for the next dress I buy to be a turtleneck style, that way, I can wear jewelry with it. Oh, yes, I can't wait to wear a dress again!

Thanks for the kind words, and the suggestion. I've always been a slave of sorts to the fashion edict that says one's handbag must match one's shoes, but I'm trying to break free of that edict. I'll do some studying online to find out what color I can pair with black shoes/boots without being overpowering.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad that I've inspired you to buy a dress and to accessorize it to your liking. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

you've inspired me to buy a sweater dress! Its a bodycon one in jet black! I hope you do take on board my advice about non denim pencil skirts! You will ♡♡♡ them, I promise :) the majority are not bodycon, and are very flattering, yet sexy! I dare you to push the envelope and make the break from denim! :silly::wink:

Maybe a wide grey belt would coordinate with the tights for a bit of understated contrast. Try wearing it on the hips, though it could work a little higher on the waist if you're wearing the jacket. Mind you, I didn't particularly think that a belt was "missing" from your outfit, it's just a nice possibility to experiment with.

If you like it, wear it.

As for a belt, I had thought about one. What would you suggest? Thin or thick? Matte or patent? Same color as the dress or a contrasting color?   Yes

I'm not really ducking the question.  Mine is wide, matte, and a contrasting color but I have also worn a thin (1") black leather belt.  I wear one higher than my waist to not emphasize my non-existent waist.  A belt draws attention so be careful to where you draw that attention. That is my main caution of wearing a belt. 

Thanks for the information. While I thought I looked nice without a belt as the lack of same provided a smoother profile, I shall experiment with a belt and see what happens. I already have an idea or two on that front.

you've inspired me to buy a sweater dress! Its a bodycon one in jet black! I hope you do take on board my advice about non denim pencil skirts! You will ♡♡♡ them, I promise :) the majority are not bodycon, and are very flattering, yet sexy! I dare you to push the envelope and make the break from denim! :silly::cheeky:

I'm glad to have inspired you. As for making a break from denim, the casual nature of same is it's biggest draw for me, but I'll add other fabrics for future outings.

Maybe a wide grey belt would coordinate with the tights for a bit of understated contrast. Try wearing it on the hips, though it could work a little higher on the waist if you're wearing the jacket. Mind you, I didn't particularly think that a belt was "missing" from your outfit, it's just a nice possibility to experiment with.

Perhaps a gray belt with gray tights and a gray bag. Hmm! That might make for an interesting experiment. And yes, when it comes to fashion, it's great fun to experiment, before hitting the streets!

And now, with 250 jaunts in the book, because you demanded it (well, kinda)----NUMBERS!!

JAUNTS

2008:  10

2009:  42

2010:  28

2011:  61

2012:  34

2013:  33

2014:  42 (and counting)

SKIRTS:  168

JEANS:  63

SKORTS:  9

CAPRIS:  4

DRESSES:  4

PANTS:  1

LONG SWEATERS:  1

SKIRTS (above knee):  117

SKIRTS (below knee):  44

SKIRTS (at knee):  7

SKORTS:  9

DRESSES:  4

JEANS (tucked in boots):  39

JEANS (untucked):  24

CAPRIS:  4

PANTS:  1

PUMPS (including wedges):  91

BOOTS:  87

LOAFERS:  34

FLATS (including wedges):  23

SANDALS (including wedges):  15

KNEE BOOTS:  45

THIGH BOOTS:  40

ANKLE BOOTS:  2

PAYLESS SHOES WORN:  141

OTHER BRANDS WORN: 109

2008- 10

Jeans:  6

Skirts:  3

Pants:  1

2009- 42

Skirts:  39

Skorts:  2

Jeans:  1

2010- 28

Skirts:  19

Jeans:  8

Capris:  1

2011- 61

Jeans:  35

Skirts:  18

Skorts:  4

Capris:  3

Dresses:  1

2012- 34

Skirts:  22

Jeans:  8

Skorts:  2

Long Sweaters:  1

2013- 33

Skirts:  26

Jeans:  5

Skorts:  1

2014- 42 (and counting)

Skirts:  41

MILESTONES

100th jaunt:  6/5/2011

150th jaunt:  5/19/2012

200th jaunt:  9/29/2013

250th jaunt:  12/21/2014

PERCENTAGES (after every 25th jaunt)

Skirts:  67.2

Jeans:  25.2

Skorts:  3.6

Capris:  1.6

Dresses:  1.6

Pants:  0.4

Long Sweaters:  0.4

Pumps:  36.4

Boots:  34.8

Loafers:  13.6

Flats:  9.2

Sandals:  6.0

Aren't numbers fun?  :cool:

WAAAAAAYYYYY too much information! lol

But congrats on reaching 250! Quite an accomplishment. You're an inspiration.

Looking forward to the next 250!

Steve

Tsk! No such thing as too much information! HA! 

Plenty of time to fit in a gabardine pencil skirt outing or two before the year's out, Jeff :cheeky: well done on the 250th jaunt :)

Hmm! I'll see what I can do on that score.

Jeff, I find your statistics quite hilarious, and I don't mean that in a bad way, because I have to admit keeping similar records, although mine are much more shoe and mileage specific. I'm glad I've got a long lost brother out there somewhere!

Jeff, I find your statistics quite hilarious, and I don't mean that in a bad way, because I have to admit keeping similar records, although mine are much more shoe and mileage specific. I'm glad I've got a long lost brother out there somewhere!

Ahh! Another lover of statistics! Cool!  :lmao:

Analysis reveals an alarming statistic!

Footwear               Times Worn     Percent
PUMPS (including wedges)    91        36.4
BOOTS                       87        34.8
LOAFERS                     34        13.6
FLATS (including wedges)    23         9.2
SANDALS (including wedges)  15         6

KNEE BOOTS                  45        51.7
THIGH BOOTS                 40        46    18.4  <--Overall
ANKLE BOOTS                  2         2.3

In th 250 jaunts you only wore boots 34.8% of the time, and when you were wearing boots you only wore thigh boots 46% of that time.  Overall you only wore thigh boots 18.4% of the time.  Surely such a fine fashion statment deserves a better showing than that. :readtherulz:

TBG :penitent:

Analysis reveals an alarming statistic!

Footwear               Times Worn     Percent

PUMPS (including wedges)    91        36.4

BOOTS                       87        34.8

LOAFERS                     34        13.6

FLATS (including wedges)    23         9.2

SANDALS (including wedges)  15         6

KNEE BOOTS                  45        51.7

THIGH BOOTS                 40        46    18.4  <--Overall

ANKLE BOOTS                  2         2.3

In th 250 jaunts you only wore boots 34.8% of the time, and when you were wearing boots you only wore thigh boots 46% of that time.  Overall you only wore thigh boots 18.4% of the time.  Surely such a fine fashion statment deserves a better showing than that. :readtherulz:

TBG :penitent:

I think your maths is a little awry, TBG.   Jeff wore thigh boots 40 times during his 250 jaunts, i.e. just 16.0% of the time.   (Check:   46% of 34.8% = 16%, not 18.4%)   I think you took 46/250 as your fraction, which does equal 18.4% but not relevant!   QED.

But the showing is thus even worse than you surmised.   On balance, I will excuse you detention but I think Jeff should see me in my study after prayers - and might find a skirt inappropriate attire for his chastisement.

Who was it who famously spoke of 'Lies, damn lies, and statistics'?  :reading:

Ahh! The joy of numbers! I had no idea such a fine fashion statement had gone ignored. Tsk on me! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, folks! I'll have to do something about that! Yes indeed! Meanwhile....

Jaunt #251, 12/26/2014:
On the day after Christmas, with sunshine and temps in the low 50's, I headed out on a new outing, wearing my black leather jacket over a turquoise sweater, a 25 inch black knit skirt, black tights, the Payless “Tara” knee boots and a black handbag. Regarding the skirt (which I'm sure Kilty will be pleased to see), I bought that at a thrift shop lose to three years ago, but just like the sweater dress from jaunt #250, I just never got around to wearing it until now, pairing it with the blue sweater I bought from JCPenney and the boots, I thought it made for a pretty good outfit.

Stop number one was to a local branch of my bank near downtown to transact some business, I did get a short look from the security guard, but other than that, nothing much in the ten minutes I was there. After that, it was off to South Jersey, the roads were a wee bit crowded as shoppers hit the malls and stores for post Christmas shopping, I went to the Moorestown Mall area where I had lunch at Wendy’s, there was a good crowd there as I arrived shortly after noon, but no one made a scene about my attire, something I've pretty much gotten used to that. Following lunch, I headed to Barnes & Noble for some quiet time, no better place for that than a bookstore where I not only spent a delightful hour reading sci-fi magazines with a glass of lemonade, I bought a 2015 Dilbert calendar for my cubicle at work. My final stop of the day was to the nearby Best Buy to buy some blank CD’s so I could burn some music for a friend, it was plenty crowded there, I'd just just as crowded at the Springfield store on Black Friday, but again, I was able to go about my business while pretty much ignored by the masses while I cruised the aisles as it's impossible to just pick up something and immediately head for the register. Twenty or so minutes later, I was in line, and it was quite a long one, took some five to seven minutes before I could check out with what I sought.

So, I got to enjoy a pleasant outing, and I'm sure I made Kilty happy by wearing something other than a denim skirt. Heh! As is usually the case, it's all about having fun as a freestyler, and every time I go out, it's an all new adventure, and that's what makes things enjoyable. More to come....

post-154-0-80192400-1419676555_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-93150500-1419676560_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-40499000-1419676566_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-92503400-1419676571_thumb.jpg

Hope you had a nice Christmas season Jeff.  You got guts!  Not for your outfit, which looks good by the way.  But for going out on boxing day lol  I went out onI boxing day as well.  I think I spent more time looking for parking spots then I did in the stores lol

Smart-looking outfit again Jeff, I do think some kind of geometric diagonal patterned tights would be a great alternative, sure it's not much distance from the top of the boots to the hem of the skirt but I feel it would just break up the block of black in the lower half and add some interest to balance texture of the sweater. If it's cold in Pennsylvania perhaps a black hat of some sort might be a nice addition too.

If you like it, wear it.

Jeff! Finally! You look fabulous, hon! That's such a cute skirt, why did you hide it away for so long? Now be bolder and get a cute satin pencil skirt that will really look stylish! Turquoise tights would have completed your look, but a fabulous look nonetheless! Is there something more daring in your wardrobe like a chino skirt to end 2014 with a bang? :wink:

Wish I had your confidence, the way you carry yourself and pull of these ensembles is amazing!♡♡♡

Hope you had a nice Christmas season Jeff.  You got guts!  Not for your outfit, which looks good by the way.  But for going out on boxing day lol  I went out onI boxing day as well.  I think I spent more time looking for parking spots then I did in the stores lol

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated! As for the driving thing, it was a bit of a mess, what with shoppers out en masse returning stuff or taking advantage of day after Christmas sales, but I managed.

Smart-looking outfit again Jeff, I do think some kind of geometric diagonal patterned tights would be a great alternative, sure it's not much distance from the top of the boots to the hem of the skirt but I feel it would just break up the block of black in the lower half and add some interest to balance texture of the sweater. If it's cold in Pennsylvania perhaps a black hat of some sort might be a nice addition too.

Hmm! Good points about the hosiery. Wish I had thought of that. Then again, I could've gone with the gray tights I sported a few outings back as proper contrast. I've taken notes for the next time I wear that skirt, and yes, there will be a next time because I liked how it looked on me. As for hats, another good idea. I shall investigate that the next time I'm in the stores.

Jeff! Finally! You look fabulous, hon! That's such a cute skirt, why did you hide it away for so long? Now be bolder and get a cute satin pencil skirt that will really look stylish! Turquoise tights would have completed your look, but a fabulous look nonetheless! Is there something more daring in your wardrobe like a chino skirt to end 2014 with a bang? :cheeky:

Wish I had your confidence, the way you carry yourself and pull of these ensembles is amazing!♡♡♡

Thanks for the compliment. I kinda figured you'd like that skirt. As for those bolder ideas you mentioned, methinks I'll pass on that, I prefer to blend into the crowd (as best as I can as a man in women's clothes) instead of standing out in same. As for confidence, admittedly, it doesn't come overnight, but once it does, it can take you far. Food for thought.

Jaunt #252, 12/27/2014:

With another sunny and mild day in the offing, I decided to go out for a somewhat brief outing, garbed in my black faux leather jacket over a magenta mockneck, the button down, knee length denim skirt, black tights, the Blondo black loafers and a black handbag. Nothing too terribly special as I opted for a more casual outfit, still, I thought I looked good, especially with how the tights matched well with my skirt, and while the shoes I wore only had two inch block heels, they made a satisfying loud sound on the pavement, and that's good enough for me.

My first stop of the day was to a nearby gas station to fill up, the line to pay for gas was four deep, but I didn't mind waiting, or being seen. After I gassed up, I headed down the road to the post office to mail off a package, parking a hundred feet or so from the branch, I noticed a stare from a passenger in a car as I headed to the building, after just five minutes in line, I was out the door and off to my next destination, Springfield in the western ’burbs, no place in particular, save for Best Buy for a little wandering and gazing at gadgets and gizmos, something that never gets old for me, the crowd wasn't quiet so large as at the Moorestown store the day before, but, I didn't get any stares or anything like that while I wandered about. After some forty five minutes, I headed out with a Blu-Ray copy of The Expendables 3, then it was off to lunch and I ate at Subway down the road, no excitement there while I ate, and I'd say I've come to expect that.

My last stop of the day before returning home (college football bowl action on TV awaited my attention) was to Bed Bath & Beyond to stock up on some new bath towels and I bought four nice ones in different colors, I did get. Long, curious stare from a couple of young kids, but nothing more, as usual. While a short outing, it was still enjoyable, and that's the important thing. Perhaps down the road, I might broaden my horizons and push the envelope by going to different places. We shall see. More to come....

post-154-0-67368300-1419764166_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-04006800-1419764172_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-05537700-1419764177_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-85311800-1419764182_thumb.jpg