The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Looking good as always, Jeff ♡

Conversely I decided to forego tights on a trip to the shops, just a plain grey pencil skirt with some brown boots. It was a little bit fresh on my legs but the boots kept me warm. Save for a group of giggling school girls, it was uneventful. Perhaps people have finally embraced the man skirt look, a proper skirt looks so much smarter than those silly bits of material celebrities wear over their tight jeans :silly:

You sure love that black pencil skirt of yours... You really should try one like mine, its a lot warmer as its lined, meaning that if you feel daring you can forego a slip when it's warmer :wink: Looking forward to your next jaunt as always :wink:

post-15255-0-36346000-1415609522_thumb.j

post-15255-0-70681200-1415609582_thumb.j

Another self-assured look Jeff, I agree the grey tights add a nice contrast without being too over-the-top. Black patterned tights would be another option too. I'm interested that you chose the beige top (I'd probably have played it safe with a more predictable white or light-grey top, which would've been ok but a bit of a colder colour combination). The beige works and gives a warmer feel to the whole look, but the heels keep it looking sharp.

If you like it, wear it.

Looking good as always, Jeff ♡

Conversely I decided to forego tights on a trip to the shops, just a plain grey pencil skirt with some brown boots. It was a little bit fresh on my legs but the boots kept me warm. Save for a group of giggling school girls, it was uneventful. Perhaps people have finally embraced the man skirt look, a proper skirt looks so much smarter than those silly bits of material celebrities wear over their tight jeans :silly:

You sure love that black pencil skirt of yours... You really should try one like mine, its a lot warmer as its lined, meaning that if you feel daring you can forego a slip when it's warmer :cheeky: Looking forward to your next jaunt as always :cheeky:

Yes, I do love that black denim skirt. It looks good on me and can be worn with boots or pumps. Good for you on your latest outing. I've always said that teenagers are more likely to get all giggly and act stupid when they see a guy in a skirt.

Another self-assured look Jeff, I agree the grey tights add a nice contrast without being too over-the-top. Black patterned tights would be another option too. I'm interested that you chose the beige top (I'd probably have played it safe with a more predictable white or light-grey top, which would've been ok but a bit of a colder colour combination). The beige works and gives a warmer feel to the whole look, but the heels keep it looking sharp.

Hmm! Patterned tights. Interesting! I'll have to make a note of that the next time I'm in a department store. I'm sure I could make something like that work. As for the top I wore, I originally thought about wearing white but found that too plain for my liking, so I opted for beige as I thought it provided better contrast with the black jacket and skirt.

looking forward to your next jaunt :)

It'll be coming soon.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #246, 11/22/2014:

Even though it was pretty darn cold yesterday, that didn't stop me from going out on an outing as I hit the road in my faux black leather jacket over a new berry purple cable knit turtleneck from JCPenney, my 20 inch denim skirt, black tights, the Payless "Tara" knee boots and a black handbag. Wearing the sweater untucked was an experiment I wanted to try as the style of the sweater seemed to scream "don't tuck!", so I didn't, and I think it made for a nice look with my six year old skirt and six year old boots, both of which still fit well after all this time. As for the cold, I found it curiously invigorating, even enjoyable as the jacket, sweater, tights and boots kept me nice and warm, not to mention stylish as well, something that's always important to me, I won't so much as touch the knob of my front door unless I thought I looked my best.

Heading into town, it took a good fifteen or so minutes to find a parking spot near to my friendly neighborhood comic shop, the closest I could get was a block and a half away, no problem since I got to enjoy a good little walk. Like I said, the cold was no big deal as I was dressed appropriately for the conditions, and all was green because wearing a skirt and heels in public not just made me feel good, but DAMN good! I passed several folks on my way to the shop and, as usual, no one paid me any mind, after twenty minutes in the shop, I strolled around the corner to a nearby convenience store to buy a newspaper and a Powerball Lottery ticket, then it was back to the car, passing plenty more people who ignored me and I drove over the bridge into South Jersey and my favorite haunts near the Moorestown Mall. I stopped for lunch at Wendy's where I had a Baconator with a soda, and it was mighty good. I did get a long stare from a couple of young kids with their parents, but that was par for the course as I've found that I often attracted the attention of young kids who wear expressions of complete puzzlement, I suppose that's bound to happen as their tiny minds have trouble computing the image of a man in a skirt and heels.

Following lunch, it was off to the nearby Barnes & Noble where I enjoy almost an hour reading sports magazines with a tall cup of lemonade, despite the fairly large crowd in the store, no one gave me so much as the time of day while I read, no stares, no turned heads, nothing, and that was cool with me. After leaving the store with an anime magazine, it was off to Best Buy, my final stop of the day, with Black Friday right around the corner, the crowd in the store were larger than usual, but that was good since everyone was too busy looking for deals and whatnot to pay me anything other than cursory attention and, in most cases, not even that much, and that was fine as I enjoyed being able to go about my business like everyone else, regardless of how I was dressed, and that's definitely a good thing, being treated like no one special, that's the way it SHOULD be. More to come....

post-154-0-13687600-1416739675_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-64138200-1416739681_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-88774700-1416739687_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-50250900-1416739693_thumb.jpg

I totally love the top and how it looks on you, especially with the skirt ♡♡♡

Fantastic ensemble as always :cheeky:

Glad you liked the ensemble. The sweater was nice and warm, perfect for yesterday.

Looks great JeffB, but we have come to expect that (that's a complement by the way).  The only improvement I would make is taller boots.  :penitent:

Well, I'll work on those taller boots. Heh!

Well, I'm particullarly fond of the boots!

Thanks! Hard to believe I've had them for six years now. I like them a lot.

Jaunt #247, 11/23/2014:

With some time to kill before today’s Eagles game against Tennessee (can't miss watching my Birds), I decided to get in a jaunt as I had a couple of errands to run, so I decided to dress up a bit, going out in my Gloria Vanderbilt denim jacket over beige turtleneck, a 20 inch brown corduroy skirt, L’eggs pantyhose in suntan, the Payless “Karmen” pumps in brown and a brown handbag. A little history here: I bought the turtleneck and skirt from K-Mart well over a year ago because I thought that combo would go together well, especially with the brown pumps, but never got around to wearing the combo until now. And while my legs look good bare, they REALLY stand out in hosiery, just like they did yesterday, methinks I'll have to wear tights and pantyhose more often.

But I digress. I headed west into Springfield for my first chore, that being to buy a new TV, a 4KHD model from Best Buy. Just like at the Moorestown store yesterday, the Springfield store was plenty full, what with Black Friday right around the corner, and, just like yesterday, I walked right into the throng, pretty as you please, heels clicking good and loud like with all the Karmens, and no one paid me any attention as I strolled in and went about my business of buying that new TV. Even though I had spent weeks and weeks doing research on what I wanted, I still spent a goodly amount of time comparing screens and asking questions from salespeople who were very helpful, I finally decided on a 65 inch LG model which I thought had the best picture. The experience, as was often the case at Best Buy was a good one, and now, all I have to do is be patient until the new set arrives at the house this coming Saturday. I think I can manage that. Meanwhile, I wound up spend little over an hour in the store and there were no stares, no gawking, no wide eyed stares, no nothing, as usual. No big deal, all things considered.

Leaving the store, I returned to the car and drove into the city to the main branch of the post office as I had a money order to buy. After I arrived and found a parking spot, I hopped out and went inside to conduct my business, there were a fair number of people here mailing off packages and I was fourth in line to be waited on, as I waited, I found myself thinking that I was, in my own way, dressed like a lady coming right from church to take care of an errand, perhaps that was why no one paid me any attention. And you know what? I'm PROUD to dress like a lady! Little over ten minutes later, I bought my money order, filled it out and went on my way, it was a pity time was short and I had to head back home to watch the game, I thought about driving into downtown and spending some time in the Rittenhouse Sqaure area so I could be seen because I looked good and wanted people to see me. Does that make me an exhibitionist? Maybe, but it's all part of the great fun I have wearing women’s clothes and shoes and being a fashion freestyler. More to come....

post-154-0-94161400-1416782797_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-70701400-1416782803_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-18145300-1416782809_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-49676700-1416782816_thumb.jpg

Looking good Jeff. I'm really liking this outfit on you.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Both very smart and relaxed looking outfits Jeff :thumbsup:

I agree that your pink jumper looks better untucked than it would do tucked in. However, because your jacket falls lower than the belt line of the skirt, you probably would've also looked fine with the jumper tucked in.

You could maybe consider a long-line jumper that comes down to the widest point of your hips (and below the jacket) as that would create a nice layered effect. I think that'd work with the denim skirt you wore with the pink jumper, but not so much with the black skirt that has more of an A-line shape that I'm not sure would work so well with a long-line top.

As always, it's fantastic to know there are other fashion freestylers out there striving to look good and make a positive impression.

If you like it, wear it.

Looking good Jeff. I'm really liking this outfit on you.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Both very smart and relaxed looking outfits Jeff :thumbsup:

I agree that your pink jumper looks better untucked than it would do tucked in. However, because your jacket falls lower than the belt line of the skirt, you probably would've also looked fine with the jumper tucked in.

You could maybe consider a long-line jumper that comes down to the widest point of your hips (and below the jacket) as that would create a nice layered effect. I think that'd work with the denim skirt you wore with the pink jumper, but not so much with the black skirt that has more of an A-line shape that I'm not sure would work so well with a long-line top.

As always, it's fantastic to know there are other fashion freestylers out there striving to look good and make a positive impression.

SH: I appreciate your comments which I've taken to heart. Dressing like a woman takes a great deal of time, effort and practice, learning how to properly coordinate tops, skirts, shoes, bags and jewelry, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the challenge because I most definitely want to look my very best, and make that all important positive impression when out in public. Ultimately, I want to make people think, if not say: "Who cares if that's a guy wearing a skirt and heels, he looks good!" That's exactly the sort of impression I want to make!

Having seen you in outfits with and without pantyhose, I have to say that your legs look far better with pantyhose on. The pantyhose evens out the skin tone, hides blemishes, and adds a little sheen that gives your whole outfit a "finished" and "put together" appearance. You ought to wear pantyhose more often, even though the fashion trend these days is bare legs. Most people don't have the perfect leg skin to display bare legs in an attractive way, so as long as you're blazing your own trail, do it the best way and wear pantyhose!

Steve

Steve: Your opinions were spot on, my friend. In fact, it had occured to me on Sunday that I had forgotten just how much fun it was to wear pantyhose and how does indeed spice up and complete an outfit. I was perfectly content to go barelegged during spring and especially summer because of how stupid hot and sticky humid it gets here, but now that it's cooler, I will most certainly wear hosiery more often.

I agree with Steve, even if he drumming up business.  LOL

Pantihose not only make your legs look better, they help to improve circulation when you get to be my age.  I support wearing PH everyday.

Henri

Henri,

I do have a passion for pantyhose, as well as heels, so I was not about to let the opportunity to promote pantyhose slip by without comment. But what brand people choose to buy is their choice, and I try not to be too blatant on this forum about promoting my brand :clap: (Activskin, available at www.activskin.com) :clap:  or any other particular brands. It so happens that I wear other brands, too, at least to learn about the competition! And now, back to JeffB's thread...

Shamelessly yours, :penitent:

Steve

Haha Steve, not sure what you are trying to say there  :P   lol

I have a bias toward hosiery myself, they really do make legs look flawless, its like makeup for the legs, and they feel great.  I realty don't understand the large number of women these days claiming they are uncomfortable.  pssh

Oh... and looking great as always Jeff, keep blazing the trail buddy.

"Makeup for the legs". That's the first time I've heard hosiery described in that manner, hhboots, and you're absolutely right! A brilliant description, my friend!

Steve: Now you've got me curious! Perhaps I'll swing by that website and see what the deal is!

Thanks for the kind words, Kilty!

Jaunt #248, 11/28/2014:
Since I had off today on Black Friday, I figured it was a good opportunity to get in a jaunt as I had a particular errand to run. Because it was quite cold with a stiff wind, I dressed for the weather, my black leather jacket over a gray turtleneck, a 36 inch black knit skirt from Sears similar to the one I wore on THIS outing, black tights, the Pleaser “Vanity” 4 inch heeled knee boots and a black handbag. Perhaps I was a tad overdressed, but that was fine with me as I felt like dressing up, I don't want to look plain when I wear a skirt and heels, and I both looked good in my outfit, and felt nice and warm as well, and on a chilly day like this, that made all the difference.

I drove to the Best Buy in Springfield as I was on a mission of sorts---to buy the new iPhone 6 which I've had my eye on since it came out. Arriving at the store, I could see people filing in and out at quite a pace while I was lucky to find a parking spot, it was Black Friday after all, so it stood to reason the place was going to be packed, and once inside, I was proven right. However, that didn't faze me as I stood in line in the cellphone area to be waited on amidst a throng of people, and yes, no one paid me any attention, ten minutes or so later, I went through the process of buying the new phone along with a case, more or less an easy experience, once that was done, it was time for some wandering the aisles, though just for fun while lots of people saw me, a pleasantly non eventful experience. By around 11:30, I was out the door, back in the car and headed back towards town, but with a stop at Pizza Hut for lunch where I enjoy a few slices of pepperoni from the buffet with a tall glass of iced tea, quite delicious! There wasn't much of a crowd in the store, maybe a dozen people or so, but they were busy gobbling down pizza to notice me.

From there, it was off to center city and my friendly neighborhood comic shop. Much to my surprise, it took only a few minutes to find a parking spot on the street, a pleasant surprise, given the day, putting enough money in the meter for nearly two hours, I walked to the shop over a block and a half away, there were more passerby on the street than usual, but no commotion, after over twenty minutes in the store, I headed down the street to the Rittenhouse Square area and Barnes & Noble, encountering thick throngs of people on the street, and no one raised a stink about my appearance, did get a couple of glances and slightly turned heads as I passed, but nothing more. It was the same in the store where I spent nearly half an hours before leaving with the latest Sports Illustrated. With some time to kill, I strolled down to the Apple Store two blocks down from B & N, to the world at large, I was just another shopper enjoying the day, and I did enjoy myself, but NOT because I was buying stuff, rather because I was wearing the clothes (and footwear) that I love wearing. Needless to say, I'm having a blast right now. More to come....

post-154-0-63884700-1417255833_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-89315000-1417255839_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-76419300-1417255847_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-63652400-1417255852_thumb.jpg

Really nice JeffB.  Black leather jacket, belt, and boots, with two shades of gray that all work well togeather.  K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple ...).

Many years ago I took a graphics art course and drove my instructor nuts by only working in black and white (because I realized that I didn't do color well).  I still don't do color well so this outfit realy is an inspiration.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for the kind words, TBG! When it comes to fashion, simplistic is always best. It's all part of my personal style, even when I dress up, I try not to complicate things.

Hi JeffB, nice looking outfit gotta tell you, TBG and W6ish are awesome in getting out as you wish. Just great to see and hear of your outings that all of you do and very well done I'll add. I dug out a skirt I had'nt worn in awhile and put on with some nice thick tights some boots and had a good day being me. Your an inspiration for doing so. I did not get out of the house since it was -17C or 0F and I did have anywhere to go, but none the less fun day.

Thanks for sharing your outings and inspiring many of us!

Hello, mtnsofheels! Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to be an inspiration to people like yourself.

Lime15: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated!

Jaunt #249, 12/5/2014:
Despite cloudy skies with chilly temps and showers on the way, I decided to head on a jaunt as I had today off from work, properly attired in my black leather jacket over a beige turtleneck, the 36 inch long brown faux suede skirt, the Pleaser four inch “Vanity” knee boots and a black handbag. I'm sure I had mentioned once or more how I wasn't a fan of wearing brown because I found it boring, but now I've come to enjoy brown, a perfectly seasonal color, and the outfit I put together looked good on me, otherwise I wouldn't have gone out as being well dressed is very important to me as a fashion freestyler.

My first stop was downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic shop, as usual, finding a place to park in center city was a challenge, but I did snag a spot little over a block away, enabling me to enjoy a good walk to the shop, I passed a few people on the way there and drew not so much as a single stare or turned head. After spending some twenty minutes in the shop, I swung by a nearby corner newsstand to buy a Powerball Lottery ticket, then headed down the street to the Rittenhouse Square area and Barnes & Noble, while it wasn't quite as busy and crowded as it had been when I was here last week for Black Friday, there were still plenty of people on the streets, and I drew nothing in the way of attention other than a couple of brief stares. Being in the bookstore is always a pleasant and relaxing experience and I spent nearly half an hour there checking out the latest sports magazines before leaving with the newest Sports Illustrated. The three block walk back to my car was just as uneventful as the trip there, and, yes, I must admit that still surprises me, even after all this time, no doubt my being tastefully attired for my surroundings prevented me from being seen by the public at large as some sort of oddity, either that, or a man in a skirt and heels just isn't that big a deal, and I find that refreshing.

Back in the car, I headed westward towards Springfield, lunch was at Boston Market where I enjoyed a meat loaf platter which was mighty tasty, there wasn't much in the way of customers as it was after one p.m., and what few customers in the store paid me little mind. From there, it was off to Best Buy, my last stop of the day, just like downtown, the chaos and crowds of Black Friday were gone, but there was still a good crowd in the store when I entered, other than a couple of young kids who looked my way (I always draw their attention), I was ignored by shoppers as I wandered the aisles, after some twenty minutes, I left with an anime title, just as it started showering. While brief, the outing was enjoyable as I went where I wanted, dressed like I wanted, and that makes things really fun. Next up, jaunt #250, my next outing in a dress!

post-154-0-96779700-1417861688_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-53147600-1417861694_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-68966800-1417861699_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-42659400-1417861705_thumb.jpg

Jeff, I like the skirt's colour, but not the skirt itself :nono: Hoping the dress in the next jaunt is more flattering, I think pencil cut or bodycon is a better fit for you as it shows off those fabulous legs and butt of yours :silly:

Skirted men is not so much of an event as before, so no adverse reactions should unsettle us... it's all in our minds...

Looking forward to your next jaunt :wink:

Kilty: Had to Google "bodycon", then chuckled at what I found because I don't think I could make that work.  :lmao:

Meanwhile, you're right about how skirted men isn't quite the event I continue to think it is.

Kilty: Had to Google "bodycon", then chuckled at what I found because I don't think I could make that work.  :lmao:

Meanwhile, you're right about how skirted men isn't quite the event I continue to think it is.

Jeff, although 'bodycon' can be clingy, it can look nice - there are some decent pencil skirts (knee-length) when worn with a decent pair of tights looks quite nice and not too over-the-top... I'm not saying

trashy like Kim Kardashian but as you've seen in Google there's quite a variety - from mini skirts to dresses :wink:

Though I do prefer your pencil skirts to the longer flowing  A-line cut - it just looks a bit.... mature for my tastes. A decent pencil skirt or peplum dress is better, in my view... There are some nice calf-length

pencil skirts out there as well as cargo skirts - so there's quite a variety. As regards reactions, people are so wrapped up in their lives they're not really bothered with whatever a guy chooses to wear. I don't get stares

anymore if I'm dressed well. I don't go in for a lot of accessories like handbags or jewellery, but you always pull the look off well when you do! :pulsingheart:  :pulsingheart: :pulsingheart:

Still, looking forward to your next jaunt in a dress...