The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Kilty: Quite right, denim is invisible, which is why I wear such skirts often, they're both comfortable, and stylish, and they work well for casual settings like a Saturday afternoon stroll downtown or through a shopping mall. By the by, I like your latest purchase.

Lime15: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the kind words Jeff! It arrived today. It was a snug fit and I loved the way it clung to my waist and showed off my legs! I teamed it with some 30 denier black tights and my favourite knee high black boots, but went for a navy cardigan, as I went on a short errand. I went to the pharmacy to get some medications, I have had this ongoing thing with my care team to see if I could have hormone treatment. Still ongoing but I treated myself to some patterned tights in the meantime.

You must try these pencil skirts, so much nicer not having that denim seam down the front! The vent at the back is a little bit revealing but no two pencil skirts are the same. I ♡♡♡ these and am going to order some more! :silly:

Looking forward to your next jaunt :wink:

Good for you, Kilty! Keep on keeping on! Meanwhile, I continue to enjoy denim because of the casual style that can be worn just about anywhere and anytime.

Jaunt #241, 9/27/2014:
After a chilly and soggy Thursday, Friday was nice, and Saturday even nicer, what with plenty of sunshine and temps reaching into the high 70's, so, that meant it was time for a jaunt, going out in a turquoise polo shirt, my Old Navy 20 inch dark denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Cori” wedge heeled flats and a black handbag. In my ongoing evolution to full fledged fashion freestyler, I came to realize that on days like this, I preferred wearing flats to heels, they just felt more natural for me to wear, and the Cori shoes are both cute and comfortable, which is why I like wearing them so much of late, and it also felt so very natural to wear a skirt, like I was born to it, and I enjoy that a great deal, which was why I stopped wearing pants and jeans on my outings because skirts are much more fun.

My first stop was downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, as usual, finding a parking spot was a challenge and the best I could do was to park a block and a half away, but, for me, that was a good thing since I got to enjoy a little walk, and, to be seen by passersby, and, as usual, no one paid me any mind, but I never take that for granted. After some twenty minutes in the store, I walked to Rittenhouse Park since I had well over an hour in the meter, so I went to there, once again, to be seen, but by a greatly larger crowd that was even larger than normal, thanks to a weekend farmer's market with stalls all over the place, drawing lots and lots of shoppers, again, nothing. I sat on a bench and fiddled with my smartphone for over half an hour while people walked by, once again, nothing. I found that rather refreshing, being left to my devices like everyone else in the park, despite how I was dressed, and, to me, that was certainly a good thing. Was I noticed? Sure I was, I'd be naive to think I wasn't, but the fact I was left alone, not ogled at, stared at, stared at or pointed at meant that I was treated like everyone else, and that's good enough for me.

Returning to my car five minutes before my meter expired, I drove over the Ben Franklin Bridge into South Jersey and headed to someplace different for lunch, namely Wendy's where I hadn't eaten in awhile. There was a smaller crowd there than Chick-Fil-A, so it was much quiter too. As for what I ordered, Wendy's had something new that attracted my attention: a BBQ Pulled Pork Cheeseburger. Yes, a cheeseburger with barbecued pulled pork on top, and it was plenty darn tasty! From there, it was off to Barnes & Noble for some more quiet time, I held the door for four people to enter before me, I got thanks yous and smiles but nothing more, I spent a good half hour reading football magazines and the latest issue of Sports Illustrated which was quite relaxing, after leaving with a DC Comics graphic novel. Then came my last stop of the day at Best Buy, always a fun place to visit,and to ogle at all the fancy electric and electronic doodads and gadgets. There was a sizeable crowd as it was just after two p.m., but there was no problem here either, being able to pretty much come and go as I please, and that's how I like my outings to go. More to come....

post-154-0-06910700-1411898775_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-52185000-1411898781_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-44092000-1411898788_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-36162200-1411898794_thumb.jpg

Great look JeffB!

I don't know if it is just my being used to seeing you in a skirt, but my eye went directly to the bracelet then I noticed the watch.  Nice touch.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I noticed your haircut, then your bracelet before looking at your skirt... Denim is versatile, so when I am out and about, a smart denim skirt is just fine, but for something more formal, I would wear either wear a skirt suit or a pencil skirt for the office with some nice stockings and pumps. I still have some trousers but hardly wear them having packed them away in storage, and I am looking to treat myself to a dress soon. My shoe collection is growing, and I am saving up for some thigh high boots. I saw this guy on Lookbook and quite like his style too. So many choices! What size boots are you? Any old ones you can pass to me? :silly:

Great ensemble :)

post-15255-0-73629700-1411912046_thumb.j

post-15255-0-67220500-1411912074_thumb.j

Great look JeffB!

I don't know if it is just my being used to seeing you in a skirt, but my eye went directly to the bracelet then I noticed the watch.  Nice touch.

TBG

Regarding the bracelet and watch, the former came from JCPenney for around $12.99 if memory serves. It's not all that easy to find bracelets large enough to fit male wrists, but I like wearing it. I find jewelry as important to my image as a freestyler as a purse, and I won't leave home on a jaunt without either. As for the watch, I bought that at Sears, I think that was for twenty bucks, I don't need anything pricier than that. Perhaps one day, I'll devote a shopping trip entirely to buying jewelry, bracelets, necklaces, pendants, the whole nine yards.

I noticed your haircut, then your bracelet before looking at your skirt... Denim is versatile, so when I am out and about, a smart denim skirt is just fine, but for something more formal, I would wear either wear a skirt suit or a pencil skirt for the office with some nice stockings and pumps. I still have some trousers but hardly wear them having packed them away in storage, and I am looking to treat myself to a dress soon. My shoe collection is growing, and I am saving up for some thigh high boots. I saw this guy on Lookbook and quite like his style too. So many choices! What size boots are you? Any old ones you can pass to me? :silly:

Great ensemble :)

I wear a size 14 when it comes to the thigh boots, so I suspect that might be a tad large for you, and what I have, I'm keeping. Heh! Perhaps I might endeavor to go out in dressier attire, but openly casual clothes suit me best at present.

You cant hand any boots over to me? :cry: I just made do with my brown ones today on a shopping trip. I wore these thick tights as an experiment with contrasts, with my new skirt (I didn't realise how revealing the slit at the back was! Felt a little vulnerable showing off so much leg despite the skirt's length :redface:), black blouse and grey cardigan. Some schoolboys tried to take a picture, I just smiled at them and put my hands on my hips and posed. I'm not ashamed of my freestyling either!

Looking forward to your next jaunt ;-)

post-15255-0-66155100-1411976706_thumb.j

Nice look JeffB.

Yes flats are very fashionable this fall, with leggings and skinny jeans. I just bought a pair of Nine West, animal print, cheetah flats from Macy's last week. I going to wear them with a pair of "Hue",brown, faux leather leggings and my cheetah animal print, shirt. I think the look will be awesome! Hopefully, I'll get time to post a pic.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice look JeffB.

Yes flats are very fashionable this fall, with leggings and skinny jeans. I just bought a pair of Nine West, animal print, cheetah flats from Macy's last week. I going to wear them with a pair of "Hue",brown, faux leather leggings and my cheetah animal print, shirt. I think the look will be awesome! Hopefully, I'll get time to post a pic.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I would be most interested in seeing what that outfit looks like.

Jaunt #241, 9/27/2014:

After a chilly and soggy Thursday, Friday was nice, and Saturday even nicer, what with plenty of sunshine and temps reaching into the high 70's, so, that meant it was time for a jaunt, going out in a turquoise polo shirt, my Old Navy 20 inch dark denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Cori” wedge heeled flats and a black handbag. In my ongoing evolution to full fledged fashion freestyler, I came to realize that on days like this, I preferred wearing flats to heels, they just felt more natural for me to wear

Turqoise is a great colour, you combined it very well with the dark denim and black bag, belt and shoes. I like the silver necklace and watch too, although in all honesty I found the turquoise bracelet a little distracting from the simplicity of the look, but it does add a bit of fun and there's nothing wrong with that. I can understand you preferring to wear a nice pair of flats sometimes, but of course the whole outfit would still look great with high black heels, perhaps wedges to retain the casual feel.

I think turqoise also looks fantastic with black or with white, and a denim jacket when the weather too cool for short sleeves. I've had a pair of turquoise suede court heels for a couple of years now and they've still not made their public debut, so that's long overdue. I think I'll wear mine with a black pencil skirt and either a black blazer or a demin jacket over a turquoise top. You exude a sense of being very comfortable in your freestyling, thanks for the inspiration Jeff.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for the kind words, SH! Turquoise is a nice color to wear, and I've worn it with dark denim and a white skort I used to own, perhaps I'll try it with black next spring. These days, it's all about the complete outfit, the complete look from head to toe, and yes, that includes jewelry, figuring out what looks best with my outfits. Perhaps that bracelet might have been a tad overpowering, I'm going to take what you said to heart and see about buying bracelets that don't stand out so much, though, with cooler weather on the way, I'll soon be wearing my jackets and hiding my wrists. By the by, you were right about how a pair of heels would've worked well with my outfit, but I so do enjoy wearing the "Cori" flats any chance I can get, however, I'm working some new outfits I've put together that will most definitely feature heels. Meanwhile, I'm proud to be an inspiration to fellow members like yourself.

Don't avoid bold bracelets on my account, my comment probably just reflects my quite reserved fashion preferences. Thinking about it, if I'd been wearing flats I may well also have decided to spice things up with a bold accessory to make up for the fact that I'm not wearing heels.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, haven't heard from you in a while, thought you would be out on a jaunt this weekend... I bought a new denim skirt, 21 inch and took it for a spin in a short trip to the shops with some cute tights and blue wedges. Looking forward to getting some fashion tips from you soon. Don't be a stranger! :wink:

K

post-15255-0-89386300-1413369154_thumb.j

post-15255-0-57788100-1413369207_thumb.j

Don't avoid bold bracelets on my account, my comment probably just reflects my quite reserved fashion preferences. Thinking about it, if I'd been wearing flats I may well also have decided to spice things up with a bold accessory to make up for the fact that I'm not wearing heels.

See? There WAS a method to my unintentional madness! HA!

Jeff, haven't heard from you in a while, thought you would be out on a jaunt this weekend... I bought a new denim skirt, 21 inch and took it for a spin in a short trip to the shops with some cute tights and blue wedges. Looking forward to getting some fashion tips from you soon. Don't be a stranger! ;-)

K

Don't worry, I'm still around. Just been too busy of late to do any jaunting, but I hope to head back out this weekend. Meanwhile, your latest outfit looks interesting. Very nice.

Jaunt #242, 10/18/2014:
I've said numerous times that I study what women wear and try to emulate what I see, and that was the case with today's outfit. Three days ago, I saw a thirtysomething woman in the supermarket wearing a denim jacket over a black top and black pants. Looking at that woman, I was intrigued with her ensemble and figured I could creat something along those lines for an outing, so I went out in my denim jacket over a black scoop neck t-shirt, my black denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Karmen” pumps in black and a black handbag. All things considered, I thought the outfit worked well and looked good on me, meanwhile, after all those previous outings spent in flats, it certainly felt great to wear a proper pair of heels again.

My first stop of the day was downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic shop, having parked little over half a block away from the shop, I got to enjoy a little walk while enjoying the delightfully sharp and loud clicking of my heels on the pavement which made me smile, after fifteen or so minutes in the shop, I headed to a newspaper stand little over a block away to play the Powerball Lottery, it was pleasant to have strolled the streets, crowded with people, none of whom paid me any mind, despite how I was dressed, and that was cool. Returning to my car, I drove over the bridge into South Jersey and headed to Wendy's near the Moorestown Mall where I enjoyed their new BBQ pulled pork hamburger which was mighty good. Next, I swung over to Home Depot as I needed to buy a new smoke detector, two young boys with their father each gave me a puzzled look (it's usually young kids who take notice and stare most) but nothing more than that, then it was off to Barnes & Noble for some quiet time spent reading sci-fi magazines for some forty five minutes before leaving with an anime magazine. Next up was Best Buy, the store was plenty crowded for a Saturday afternoon but I went ignored during the thirty plus minutes I was in there before buying the Blu-Ray version of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

My last stop of the day was to Sears for a little shopping to close my outing. Even though I own well over forty skirts, I never hesitate to buy something that catches me eye, and two skirts I saw did just that and I bought them, adding to an already considerable pile along with a nice looking sweater. With any luck, I hope to show off the new acquisitions pretty soon. More to come....

post-154-0-99011600-1413712502_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-43457300-1413712509_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-78819200-1413712515_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-00311800-1413712521_thumb.jpg

JeffB, that is a great look with the nice accents of the necklace and belt.  Your reaping the benefits of proper prior planning.

It's getting close to the time for you to show off your thigh boots again, (They would work with that outfit.)

Again, great look!

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You've pulled that look of very nicely Jeff, it's a very coherent overall appearance, you project a lot of comfort wearing it, and it's great to see you enjoying "proper" heels again. The necklace is a really nice touch, it completes the look without overpowering it at all.

I guess you could also go for a minimalist option without the belt and it'd look like a plain black dress, or alternatively go for a wider belt that's more of a feature, perhaps something like this:

post-12051-0-95853000-1413749841_thumb.j

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Three-Braided-Leather-Medium/dp/B002NWI51O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413749792&sr=8-4&keywords=wide+black+belt+braided

Also a simple belt and heels in a brighter colour, like silver or red, would also make for a more contrasting option.

None of these are criticisms at all, just ideas that spring to mind.

If you like it, wear it.

The denim look is good! I ordered a new skirt off eBay and it was a size too big when it came, and more like a 14 than a 10 :nono: so no new clothes for me just yet...

But I think denim pencil skirts are the way forward after trying the more formal look. The formal ones are okay but denim suits a guy more. You totally rock this :wink:

JeffB, that is a great look with the nice accents of the necklace and belt.  Your reaping the benefits of proper prior planning.

It's getting close to the time for you to show off your thigh boots again, (They would work with that outfit.)

Again, great look!

TBG

Well, I've always been a believer in proper planning for all my little outings. And yes, I'll be breaking out the thigh boots soon!

You've pulled that look of very nicely Jeff, it's a very coherent overall appearance, you project a lot of comfort wearing it, and it's great to see you enjoying "proper" heels again. The necklace is a really nice touch, it completes the look without overpowering it at all.

I guess you could also go for a minimalist option without the belt and it'd look like a plain black dress, or alternatively go for a wider belt that's more of a feature, perhaps something like this:

attachicon.gifbelt.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Three-Braided-Leather-Medium/dp/B002NWI51O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413749792&sr=8-4&keywords=wide+black+belt+braided

Also a simple belt and heels in a brighter colour, like silver or red, would also make for a more contrasting option.

None of these are criticisms at all, just ideas that spring to mind.

Oh, no! Those were not crticisms at all! In fact, you've given me good ideas as to how to spice up the outfit I wore on Saturday! For instance, an above the knee black sweater dress with a wide belt like what you displayed would work well as a similar sort of outfit. As I'm eager to wear more dresses, that would make for a cool ensemble. Thanks for the suggestions!

I am not a huge denim jacket fan personally, but you wear it well!  Good job!

Thanks for the compliment. I do as best I can to look my best.

The denim look is good! I ordered a new skirt off eBay and it was a size too big when it came, and more like a 14 than a 10 :nono: so no new clothes for me just yet...

But I think denim pencil skirts are the way forward after trying the more formal look. The formal ones are okay but denim suits a guy more. You totally rock this :cheeky:

Well, I wear a size 14, and that size wears well on me. And yes, there's a dynamic angle to pencil skirts that I enjoy a lot.

Jaunt #243, 10/19/2014:

With my hometown Eagles on their bye week (that’s a week off from playing for any non NFL fans out there) and with the one p.m. games less than appealing, I thought I'd take advantage of the situation to go on a jaunt. Despite plenty of sunshine, it was plenty nippy too, what with stiff winds keeping temps in the mid to upper 50’s, so I decided to break in one of the new skirts I bought on Saturday, a 35 inch A-line midi in charcoal which I paired with a black mockneck, the Pleaser “Vanity” four inch heeled knee boots, my black pleather jacket and my favorite black handbag. Hardly casual as you can see from the pictures, but that wasn't my intention as I wanted to dress up, and I felt I succeeded.

My first stop of the day was out to Springfield in the western ’burbs, namely Bed Bath and Beyond for something I sorely needed, multi-hangers to hang up my ever growing collection of skirts, I bought four of those gadgets which can hold four skirts each, and they would certainly come in handy. There had been a fair sized crowd in the store, but, as has become usual, no one paid me any attention, other than a salesperson whom I asked for help in directing me to where the hangers were, nothing more. Stop number two was back down the road the way I came to Arby’s for lunch, there were just half a dozen people in the place while I enjoyed a beef and cheddar sandwich and curly fries, both were quite tasty. After lunch, I headed into downtown, namely the always hustling and bustling Rittenhouse Square area, my goal, to put myself on display for the masses. After driving around until I found a place to park and feeding the meter, I headed towards the Square, heels clicking loudly on the pavement, the long skirt swishing about my calves as I walked, I felt bold, confident and supremely proud of how I was dressed, I wanted people to see me, and since the area was crowded with shoppers and pedestrians, par for the course for a Sunday afternoon in that neck of the woods, I would most definitely be seen, of that, I had no doubt.

I stopped at Barnes & Noble, little over three blocks from where I parked, spent a solid half hour there, bought a basketball magazine, then I left and walked another two blocks down the street amongst throngs of people, none of whom gave me a second glance as I headed to the Apple Store, wandered about there for another twenty minutes, checking out the new iPhone 6 which I'm highly interested in. Leaving the store, I walked up the street to Rittenhouse Park where I sat on a bench for yet another twenty minutes or so reading the magazine I bought, people passed me by, nothing. Finally, with time ticking down until the Giants-Cowboys game at 4:30, I returned to my car and drove home. Not that I was surprised at this, but no one raised a fuss at my appearance the whole time, because I wasn't dressed extravagantly or outlandishly, I was simply just another person enjoying a sunny and brisk afternoon in the park, despite being a middle aged man in a long skirt and high heeled boots. And I loved the outfit I wore because it made me feel good, and that's what being a fashion freestyler is all about. More to come....

post-154-0-21279800-1413791456_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-19202800-1413791462_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-77619100-1413791468_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-54766300-1413791475_thumb.jpg

JeffB - I completely understand the desire to be "dressed up" and wanting people to see me.  I've long since been board with just wearing heels at home, although I still do.  I think even the gals would say, "It's no fun to get dressed up with nowhere to go."

The outfit looks great.  I read your description before I looked at the pictures and was trying to envision the long skirt and caught myself thinking, "Well at least he is wearing his boots" but proper prior planning strikes again... It looks great.

It's interesting that you give going out it's best shot and no one pays any attention.  In some ways it's great that no one bothers you, in other ways it kind of defeats the purpose of getting dressed up when no one pays any attention.  What's a fellow to do? :penitent:

Quite right, TBG! What is a guy to do when he ventures out in his best feminine finery and no one bothers to give you so much as a glance? I found that to have been an ironic little conundrum, had I been accepted by the public for how I was dressed, or was that simply another case of people being so absorbed and wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice a man in a skirt and heels?

Now, I could've worn something loud and/or outrageous which certainly would've gotten me noticed, but for all the wrong reasons, and for me, that's not how I roll. From day one, I've always been about looking proper and tasteful when in public, perhaps by going out of my way NOT to look clownish, people had no reason to treat me with derision or revulsion, they simply let me be, even if that meant going ignored. And that's a lesson that can't be stressed enough to my fellow heelers and freestylers: dress to be respected, and you will gain respect.

Meanwhile, I had a lot of fun being dressed up yesterday, and, like I said previously, it felt really good too. I'll do a lot more of that in the future. In closing, the only negative to Sunday's outing was that the sidewalk cracks downtown was absolute murder on the heel tips of my boots and I'll have to get them replaced and soon before I can wear them again.

OK, JeffB on your latest jaunt. The overall look is great. Keep up the good work!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated!

Jeff, not a bad look but grey is never going to set the world on fire... Perhaps the A line skirt is a little... er, mature so it didn't set hearts racing. A cute knee length pencil skirt of the same material would have gotten more attention, and gals wanting to emulate your style. Perhaps one does not want to dress like Kim Kardashian but it takes the right bit of cheese to catch the mouse :wink: I keep telling you to try a non denim one, which would show off those fabulous legs and butt of yours, but you seem shy. Perhaps I need to come over to Philly and we do a weekend shopping, makeup and the whole deal :silly:

Jokes aside, I think everyone was just too wrapped up in their own lives for it to register, and in the world of Vine and Instagram, they've seen men in skirts before and are used to the trend. I always dread that some people may be trying to 'unsee' me, but perhaps that's because I feel a little self conscious about my body at the moment.

I felt for this guy...

https://vine.co/v/MLPp95XQlMX/

but I liked his skirt :)

Well, Kilty, when I dress up, I'm all about what I call "office lady chic", style and sophistication. Besides, at 55, I'm too old to imitate a Kardashian! Wouldn't want to either! HA!