The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I will follow your advice. Since I only wear skirts on my outings, leggings with something as short as you described would indeed be essential.

black underwear would be fine with a skirt that short, black briefs. But for me, it's a little too daring. I think any skirt under 19 inches is too short for me, I would struggle to control it, though a naughty part of me still toys with the idea of a skater skirt... Kudos to you though! Looking forward to your next jaunt :wink:

Kilty: Well, I would say that it takes a certain sort of mindset to wear a short skirt, but when you get right down to it, it's really no big deal. At least it isn't to me, having done so for years. As for that next jaunt:

Jaunt #236, 8/23/2014:
Not all of my little adventures as a freestyler can be enjoyed with perfectly pleasant weather, and this was such an example as it was cloudy, brisk, overcast and damp with occasional showers, and that brings up a motto which I employ when the weather is less than spectacular: “If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high”. However, that doesn't preclude wearing flats which I did, but that was already planned as I'll explain shortly. Anyhoo, I headed out today in a black polo shirt, the 30 inch button down denim skirt in light stonewash that I bought from Sears, the Payless “Cori” wedge flats and my black Buxton bag, a nice, casual outfit tailor made for a Saturday.

My first stop was to my local comic book shop downtown, parking a block away, I got to enjoy a good little walk, meanwhile, I got nary a stare during my walk to the shop. After twenty or so minutes, including a lively little chat about Guardians of the Galaxy, I returned to the car and drove over into South Jersey to the Cherry Hill Mall, and the reason I wore flats with my conservative outfit. You see, over the years, I've worn heels to shopping malls several times, but under long jeans, but I've never strolled through a large mall in a skirt, until today. Hopping out of the car, I entered the mall through an anchor store, that being JCPenney and walked through the store and into the food court which was crowded, but no one paid me any attention as I went to Subway and bought a six inch tuna sandwich. After eating, I went to Penney’s where I bought a navy handbag and a pink tank top because, well, I wanted one.

Leaving the store, I decided to push the envelope and take a slow stroll through the entire mall, going from one end to the other at a slow, leisurely pace, I stopped at the Apple Store for a good twenty minutes, I even sat in a chair near the food court and fiddled with my smartphone for almost as many minutes, in clear view of passersby, and no one gave me so much as the time of day, despite how I was dressed, something I found rather surprising, I thought I'd get a few stares, odd looks, chuckles or giggles, but none of that happened. After spending well over an hour total in the mall, I left and headed down the road to the Moorestown Mall and Barnes & Noble where I spent a good half hour strolling the aisles, ignored here too before heading to the register with a Marvel trade paperback. My last stop of the day was to Sears for a little more shopping as I bought a killer new handbag before returning home.

All in all, this was one of the most satisfying outings I've enjoyed in quite some time, strolling through a major area shopping mall in a skirt, and nobody gave me a hassle, sort of like I thought would happen because of my theory that people are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice a guy in a skirt, but I wasn't entirely sure, so I was quite pleased when my expectation came to pass. Suddenly, I can't wait to do that again. More to come....

post-154-0-19727200-1408875692_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-85217800-1408875698_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-40632800-1408875705_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-47226000-1408875712_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great looking outfit JeffB!  I don't think you should be too surprised that "no one paid me any attention."  Why would a conservative, tasteful, outfit draw attention?

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great looking outfit JeffB!  I don't think you should be too surprised that "no one paid me any attention."  Why would a conservative, tasteful, outfit draw attention?

TBG

Well, I figured SOMEBODY would take at least a little notice. Perhaps I might try a slightly shorter hemline on my next experiment.

Looking good!

Thanks muchly for the kind words.

Jaunt #237, 8/30/2014:
Just a short outing today since today marked the start of a brand new season of college football, and even though I didn't know who would be on ESPN around noon (turned out to be UCLA versus Virginia), I meant to get back in time to watch. I did have a particular errand to run in the morning as I had to ship off my old Verizon set top box and wireless router in favor of a new set up, so I headed out in a blue polo shirt, my six year old denim skirt which fits like a second skin and is extremely comfortable to wear, the Payless “Cori” wedge flats and my trust Buxton bag, nothing overtly flashy, just a plain, casual outfit for a casual outing.

I drove down to the nearest UPS Store which was in the University City area, finding a place to park little over half a block from the store, I hopped out with my old set top box equipment in a bag, fed the meter and walked to the store, passing by numerous college kids, none of whom paid me any mind. I wound up spending little over five minutes in the store as I dropped off the stuff and left, passing more kids who ignored just as had the first lot I encountered. From there, I headed downtown to my friendly neighborhood comic shop, as usual, parking was a tad sticky and it took some twenty minutes to find a spot nearly two blocks from the shop, but I didn't mind as that afforded me an opportunity to enjoy a little walk along with being seen, I did earn a couple of turned heads and a long stare, but nothing more than that.

After some twenty minutes in the shop, I headed back to the car, but, along the way, a car with two or three young guys who, upon seeing me as they passed, laughed and I think one of them even gave me a derisive wolf whistle. I didn't say anything and simply minded my business, a few seconds later, they were well down the street and out of view, no harm, no foul, but I did find it humorous to have gotten a wolf whistle, my very first I think. Life, after all, is chock full of firsts. After buying tonight's Powerball Lottery ticket from a newsstand, I headed back home as I had football to watch and I didn't want to be late. While this had been a short outing, it did have it's moments, as do all my little adventures which I treasure greatly. More to come....

post-154-0-47472700-1409481327_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-38086400-1409481333_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-60790400-1409481340_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-70053300-1409481346_thumb.jpg

Jaunt #238, 9/6/2014:
Even though the calendar says September, it felt more like July yesterday because of stifling heat and humidity and bright sunshine, but that didn't stop me from heading out on a jaunt, garbed in a red campshirt, my black denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Cori” wedge flats and a black handbag. While it was quite hot, I felt comfortable in my skirt which made for a better clothing option than jeans or even shorts, and on days like this, comfort was most definitely the name of the game. My first stop of the day was downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic shop, having parked a block from the store, I put enough cash in the meter to last me well over an hour, I strolled to the shop, getting nary a stare, after some twenty minutes there, I left and headed down the street to Barnes & Noble in the Rittenhouse Square area.

The Square was plenty crowded with a farmers’ market, but again, I didn't get any attention. Going into the bookstore, I spent a good twenty minutes there before leaving with the latest Sports Illustrated which touted their 2014 NFL preview, and with the season in full swing tomorrow! I knew that would make for good reading. After mixing with the masses to check out the farmers’ wares, I headed back to my car and drove into South Jersey, heading straight to the Moorestown Mall area and Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Entering the store, I immediately caught the attention of a group of half a dozen young boys at the counter, probably no older than eight or nine and wearing what looked like soccer uniforms, they openly stared and gawked and one of them giggled, but I paid them no mind as I placed my order, but nothing more than that, however, as I walked to a booth and sat, I saw an overweight boy who was a little older than the soccer players stare quizzically at me from ten feet away. I found that mildly amusing. From there, I left and drove to the nearby Barnes & Noble (yes, I enjoy spending quality time there) and I spent nearly a most pleasurable hour reading sci-fi magazines before going to the check out counter with a couple of manga titles.

My last stop of the day was to the Cherry Hill Mall, but with the skies starting to darken due to an approaching cold front and the inevitable showers and/or thunderstorm that would accompany it, my stay there would be short as I wanted to visit the Apple Store. I parked near Macy’s and entered to the chaos of a women's shoe sale and the aisles were packed with shoppers, that was a good thing as that enabled me to blend in with the crowd. However, once in the more spacious area of the mall, I did attract a fair number of stares, second looks and turned heads, moreso than I anticipated, then again, maybe I should've. I would hazard to say the combination of the shorter skirt and the blatantly obvious purse was what got me noticed by onlookers, but it wasn't problematical, no one laughed, pointed fingers or whipped out smartphones to snap pictures (at least I don't think anyone did). Still, I handled it with my usual nonchalance as I went to the Apple Store and asked about the release date for the upcoming iPhone 6 which I'm kinda interested in, but the salesperson I chatted with had no information. No big deal, so I wandered about the store for about fifteen minutes, then returned the way I came, earning a few more stares along the way.

On the drive home, I mulled over my brief experience at Cherry Hill. While I was dressed casually for the day, I still attracted attention, well, that sort of thing is bound to happen for a freestyler and is something I've long since accepted. Still, to broaden my horizons by wearing skirts in shopping malls is a goal I've looked forward to undertaking, and I mean to make that experience work, and be enjoyable as well. More to come....

post-154-0-98652100-1410082032_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-27734500-1410082041_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-28888400-1410082048_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-59437000-1410082055_thumb.jpg

Nice outfit, Jeff! One reason you probably attracted more attention than usual could be because you were derssed better than most of the other shoppers circulating through the stores. Well dressed attractive people really stand out in crowds these days. It's only natural that people look more closely at things that catch their eye.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Nice outfit, Jeff! One reason you probably attracted more attention than usual could be because you were derssed better than most of the other shoppers circulating through the stores. Well dressed attractive people really stand out in crowds these days. It's only natural that people look more closely at things that catch their eye.

Good point. I have to admit that hadn't occurred to me. Since I took the plunge to wear women's clothes from head to toe on my little adventures, I made it my number one priority to look my best, even when garbed in what I considered to have been a purely casual outfit. Being dressed nicely makes me feel good and gives me confidence to venture out in public, and that's something everyone here should take fully to heart.

I'm sure other shoppers were envious of that gorgeous blouse! :wink:

Well, it's not THAT special. I bought the shirt at K-Mart for $12.99. Speaking of tops, with fall right around the corner, I'm thinking of experimenting with sweaters and cardigans. I'll see what I can dream up.

Jaunt #239, 9/14/2014:

They say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, and that was the basis of today's outing. After having seen what Thighbootguy wore on a recent outing, a denim jacket over a red top, a black denim skirt, black leggings and matching pumps, I took a good look at the pictures he provided and said to myself, "Why not! Let's give that a try!" And I did just that, wearing an outfit similar to TBG's today, the only difference being my skirt was a good deal shorter (16 inches) as I thought that made for a nicer look for me as you can see below, oh, yeah, I took a new handbag I bought at Sears a couple of weeks ago on it's maiden voyage. And with temperatures only in the upper 60's with a fresh breeze, things were noticeably cooler, making the jacket a welcome addition.

My outing started at a local gas station a mile from home, the attendant in the booth cocked an eyebrow as I handed him my money, but nothing more, from there, it was off to Springfield and my home away from home, Best Buy, It was around 11:30 a.m. when I arrived, but there was a good crowd in the store as always the case on a late Sunday morning, but no one paid me any attention as I wandered the aisles for a solid thirty minutes, checked out the goodies and chatted with a salesperson about which 4K UHD TV's did the best job of upscaling Blu-Ray discs (he recommended Sony) before I headed to the register with the Blu-Ray version of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. From there, I head back down the road to Arby's for lunch, nothing worth noting there as I had lunch, but as I left after my meal, a car with two black women in it smiled at me and I smiled back. My last stop of the day was in the city as I drove to the main branch of the Post Office to buy a money order, again, nothing happened, not even any stares. I guess a middle aged guy in a miniskirt and heels is no big deal.

While it was a short outing, it was fun as I enjoyed the outfit I wore, and with fall and it's cooler weather on the way, that figures to be an outfit I'll utilize (with changes in footwear here and there) often. More to come....

post-154-0-14796700-1410722474_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-12841800-1410722480_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-33775200-1410722486_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-47233600-1410722492_thumb.jpg

Cute, but I'd wear slightly thinner (lower denier) leggings or footless tights with the skirt, or a more contrasting colour skirt, they do some cute corduroy skirts on ebay, a nice knee-length corduroy pencil skirt will be practical and flattering, especially with autumn on its way :wink:

Cute, but I'd wear slightly thinner (lower denier) leggings or footless tights with the skirt, or a more contrasting colour skirt, they do some cute corduroy skirts on ebay, a nice knee-length corduroy pencil skirt will be practical and flattering, especially with autumn on its way ;-)

Footless tights, eh? Hmm! Good idea! I've never worn them before, so I'll buy a pair and try them out. As for a contrasting skirt, yeah, that's also on the agenda. And I do plan to look into corduroy skirts, I saw a nice style at L.L. Bean that might suit my needs.

Wish I could make the outfit look that good.   Well done JeffB.

TBG

Why, thank you, TBG! That was most kind of you to say.

That's a nice everyday outfit that you look very comfortable wearing. I'm inclined to agree with Kilty that a little contrast would also work well, my choice would be something like these diamond pattern tights, http://www.chiarafashion.co.uk/black-diamond-pattern-tights.html

attachicon.gifblack-diamond-pattern-tights.jpg

Those tights look interesting. I have thought about buying along those lines for the upcoming cooler weather as I think they'd go well with a short skirt and knee boots.

I've just ordered some of them just now, as some of my tights are getting bobbly and I might as well buy some before winter hits :wink: I was planning to get some stockings but the material seems too sheer like I could easily put a nail thru it...

so I bought some nearly black 10 denier hold ups instead, whilst buying underwear earlier. They say they are ladder resistant, I guess I'll find out later :)

Loving the ensembles, Jeff :)

After wearing my most recent outfit on Jaunt #239 which I really liked and looked good on me, I find myself eager to experiment with a couple of so variations in terms of skirts, legwear and shoes for future outings. Originally, I was going to wear my 19 inch black denim skirt on Sunday but opted for the shorter one which looked much better, and with fall and its cooler weather right around the corner, I'm excited to pair my miniskirts with leggings and/or tights with boots, both knee high and thigh high. Should be highly interesting.

JeffB,

Why not try a cardigan sweater, leggings, and wedge sandals this fall for something different??  I love cardigans and most often wear them with jeans and either wedges, ankle boots, or pumps. HappyinHeels

Funny you should mention sweaters, Happy! I'm already planning to experiment with wearing a cardigan with a skirt after seeing a nice outfit on a mannikin at L.L. Bean a couple of weeks ago. With fall on the way, a sweater would be great to wear when it's too chilly for short sleeves but not cool enough for a jacket. More to come on that!

Jaunt #240, 9/20/2014:
The weather for the unofficial next to last day of summer was great with sunshine and warm temps, perfect conditions for an outing, heading out in a light purple polo shirt, my black denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Cori” wedge flats (now my most worn Payless shoes) and the new black handbag which I sported last weekend. Right away, I made two important observations, one: I love wear black pencil skirts, they're dynamic, look great on me, and I get a real rush when I wear them; two: I enjoy the comforting heft of a handbag on my shoulder, I never leave home on a jaunt without a purse.

My day started earlier than usual, 8:30 to be exact as I had a 9:15 appointment at the dealership for an oil change. I arrived at the dealership some ten minutes before my appointment, hopping out, I walked into the waiting room which was fairly full with other customers, but no one paid me any mind as I sat in a chair, pulled out my nook and got in some reading. Little over an hour later, my car was ready, I paid the bill and headed out to continue my day, I drove into town and headed to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, parking half a block away, I hopped out, fed the meter and headed to the shop. Here in center city, no one gave me a second glance, I guess a guy in a skirt is no big deal in these parts, probably because it was no big deal to me, it was simply an article of clothing I enjoyed wearing. Following twenty or so minutes in the shop, I left and walked a block up the street to a convienience store to buy tonight's Powerball Lottery ticket ($196 million and counting), returned to the car and motored over into South Jersey and my regular haunts there.

My first stop was at Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and yes, I so do enjoy their chicken salad sandwich, walking into the store, I did attract the attention of several kids, all in their early teens or so, but nothing more than that. After lunch, it was off to the calm and quiet of Barnes & Noble where I enjoyed some more reading then left with a magazine and a Doctor Who bookmark. Next was Best Buy where I spent well over thirty minutes, most of it spent observing and comparing 4K HDTV sets and ogling at the new iPhone before leaving with a Blu-Ray copy of the new Godzilla film. My last stop of the day was at Sears where I bought a couple of cardigans for the upcoming fall. Once again, it was good be out and about in a skirt and have no one make a big deal about it. Most refreshing. More to come....

post-154-0-37584800-1411292059_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-14272400-1411292066_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-30551400-1411292072_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-55014300-1411292078_thumb.jpg

You look very casual and cool as cucumber in that outfit.  Well done!

Like that look, Jeff.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Much appreciated. I take great pride in putting together outfits that look both tasteful and stylish and appropriate for whatever environment I happen to be in, something that's important to me.

Lovely skirt! I told you pencil skirts are addictive :pulsingheart: How about a non-denim one (not khaki though) and really push the envelope? There's some really nice navy gabardine cotton pencil skirts (I think 21 inch would suit you) on ebay right now. I've got my eye on a satin black one :) Denim is all good but it's nice to have more varied wardrobe ;-) I prefer my smarter skirts to zip at the back, zips at the front are not much use when nature calls as they are often too short, it's just easier to pull my skirt up to my waist and sit, and I think jeansy looking skirts are too casual, but that's just my opinion.

Interesting that you rarely note people's reactions as much as you did before - I think the 'manskirt' will be the next big thing (even if it is at this stage worn with trousers which for me defeats the object :nono: ) :)

Looking forward to your next jaunt ;-)

Sorry for the threadkill, I got a bit carried away - I forgot to take my meds with my meal so I went a bit overboard :wink: I liked your ensemble, but perhaps other pencil skirts aside from denim could be on your horizon in the near future?

Looking forward to the next jaunt :)

Nahh, don't worry about it, Kilty! I enjoy comments on my thread. As for wearing pencil skirts in material other than denim, I'll see what I can do about that in the future!

Jeff, I thought I'd show you what I just ordered on eBay - I can't for some reason paste the link, hence one of the pics in the link address. I think you would look fabulous in this - it is quite

stretchy, but it's so snug and warm, especially as winter is approaching. Team it with some thick tights to keep nice and warm! It's a little out of your comfort zone, but just as you successfully

managed to break free from polo shirts, a more common type of pencil skirt is a must for all Fashion Freestylers! :wink:  

Feel a bit of a hypocrite suggesting this as I sit here posting this reply in a denim pencil skirt myself :nono: but as they say at SkirtCafe denim is invisible, so I wore it to the internet café. No adverse comments or reactions. Interestingly, Will Smith's son Jayden is quite a Freestyler himself - see these pictures of him in a jumper dress - though the Daily Mail preferred to say, he ditched his trousers and wore a long top...

Nice to see you might consider a different pencil skirt - they look good and I think it would suit your wardrobe - Your Khaki and Tan chino skirts don't count! :silly:

post-15255-0-88243900-1411636173_thumb.j

post-15255-0-42345000-1411636174_thumb.j

post-15255-0-90709600-1411636174_thumb.j

post-15255-0-49072500-1411636841_thumb.j

post-15255-0-99098200-1411636841_thumb.j