The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I often wear a necklace with a turtleneck top and high-heeled tall boots. I've tended to wear a narrower pencil-skirt which needs care to avoid looking top-heavy, but your more flowing skirt gives you a very well-balanced silhouette Jeff. It's also happened to me a couple of times that I got compliments on my necklace, which I've taken as a sign that maybe I've got the underlying basics of my outfit and heels working reasonably well for someone to focus on the little details like that.

If you like it, wear it.

SF: Hello! Thanks for taking the time to post! Happy holidays to you and yours as well! I'm glad that you've enjoyed reading my little adventures, and that you've considered what I do as being courageous. I appreciate that greatly. The biggest problem we all have is the fear of how people around us might react to seeing men wearing heels (or, in my case, heels and skirts) and if we'll be made a laughingstock, but when that doesn't happen, when we wind up ignored for the most part, the sense of satisfaction is considerable and leaves us wondering what we worried about in the first place. As for getting compliments from perfect strangers, that's quite the unexpected benefit to what we do, especially when compliments come from men. I'll always remember the time several years ago when a couple of guys complimented me on a long denim skirt I was wearing. That was amazing! Regarding women, when they see something they like, they'll give positive reinforcement, I've found that out too. I'm glad to be a role model of sorts, encouraging others to go out and about in the shoes they love.

SleekHeels: Reading your comments was a revelation. It never occurred to me that my overall presentation was so well put together and appropriate that women would focus on something else altogether, like my necklace. While I sometimes think that I tend to overdress for certain environments I happen to be in, but I love to look good, and since I've devoted myself to wearing skirts, I feel it's vital to look my very best when in public. In the meantime, I intend to buy more necklaces! HA!

Jaunt #208, 12/28/2013:

Just a short outing as the sports fan in me demanded I be back by mid afternoon to watch local college hoops team Villanova square off against national power Syracuse, even though the weather was sunny and mild for the time of year, so I headed off in my black, pleather jacket over a magenta mockneck, a 30 inch Laura Scott A-line denim skirt from Sears, black tights (it was a tad chilly when I left in the morning), the Blondo 2 inch heeled loafers and a black handbag. I tailored my outfit to be purely casual since folks don't get too dressed up on Saturdays, and, as is often the case with me, I do the best I can to mimic others when out and about. The skirt felt good to wear in how it draped on me, my legs looked sharp in the tights (making me wish I'd worn a shorter skirt so I could show them off) and the heels of the loafers sounded pleasingly loud on the pavement.

My first stop was too a local gas station to fuel up, after arriving, I hopped right out and went inside the store to pay for my purchase, earning me a couple of long stares from others gassing up around me. Dealing with the stares by ignoring them is the key to everything, acting like what you're wearing is no big deal, and, to be honest, it isn't, it's just clothes, nothing more, nothing less. After leaving the gas station, I headed to a post office about a mile away to buy a money order, I parked about under half a block away and walked slowly and casually to the post office, giving drivers passing me by lots to see, but nothing happened. In the post office, I waited in line behind a couple of people for little over five minutes while two customers were behind me, no one paid any attention to me, and that was cool. Once at the counter, I bought my money order, walked to another counter to fill it out then left the building. Stop number three was downtown and a visit to my favorite comic shop, parking a block away, I got to enjoy a little stroll so I could be seen by pedestrians and motorists, again, no ruckus, and that felt good, being able to go about my way. I spent a solid twenty minutes in the store before I left, walked to convienience store around the corner to buy a Powerball ticket, then returned to my car. The whole time, I walked slowly, took my time like everyone else and was paid precious little attention.

I've said this many times before and I'll keep on saying it: as long as you act calm and cool like everyone around you, people won't notice much that you're wearing women's clothes or shoes. Just go out and enjoy yourself. That's what this is all about.

post-154-0-47301900-1388313331_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-91672400-1388313338_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-09817400-1388313346_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-93917600-1388313352_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking outfit, JeffB.

I've been very busy with my business and I'm just catching up with the posts of the last month or so, but it's never too late to compliment a great look!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

JeffB,

We haven't read a post from you in quite a while. Maybe you have had too many snowstorms this winter to venture out in heels. We've had the same problem here, too with over 100" of snow, so far this winter. Not heel wearing weather.

Last week, I got a pair of Blondo, "Vanylee" (made in Canada) flat heel riding boots. The boots are pricey, but are waterproof, real leather and have a nice lining and have rubber grips on the soles and 1-1/2" fat heels to prevent slips and falls, in all the ice and snow out. I got a size larger than, I usually wear, so I could wear a thick pair of skiing socks to keep the feet and lower legs warm, during all this below zero cold, (Polar Vortex) we're having this winter. The boots are comfortable to wear and are very fashionable looking too.

I'm hoping all's well with you and as the weather warms up, hopefully, we'll hear from you.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for writing, bluejay. I'm doing just fine, but yeah, the winter here has been insane, there's literally been a snowstorm each and every week since January rolled around, everything from just three inches to over 12 inches which happened twice, most recently on Thursday, and I've lost track of how many times I've had to shovel my sidewalk over the past few weeks. Because of that, I haven't been able to go jaunting, and it might be March before I can. Nice purchase you made there, I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for writing, bluejay. I'm doing just fine, but yeah, the winter here has been insane, there's literally been a snowstorm each and every week since January rolled around, everything from just three inches to over 12 inches which happened twice, most recently on Thursday, and I've lost track of how many times I've had to shovel my sidewalk over the past few weeks. Because of that, I haven't been able to go jaunting, and it might be March before I can. Nice purchase you made there, I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for your update. JeffB

I think most of the US is ready for spring this year. After two mild winters, Mother Nature is telling us, she's still in charge! The Farmers Almanac is calling for April snows, for the North East region this year. Might be May before we get real spring, this year.

Major flooding in the UK, major snowfalls in Japan and India, but spring like weather at Soche, for the Winter Olympics. Oh well, we can talk about the weather and that's about it!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Duh... great thigh boot weather.  :penitent:

Not when I live on a small street that hasn't been plowed and getting my car out of same is dicey to borderline difficult, and I'm not ready to jaunt on public transit. On top of that, parking in places where I go is almost nonexistent thanks to piled up snow, and sidewalks are a crapshoot because of icy patches EVERYWHERE while street corners are miniature moats. In short, it's an unholy mess here, and more snow is on the way for tonight. Then there's my personal motto when it comes to jaunting:

"If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high."

So, I'll just wait until Old Man Winter has had his fill of punishing the Northeast before I head out again.

Personally, I don't let bad weather stop me. I can be found wearing stiletto heels in any weather. I actually find that the thin heel can be dug in for far more traction than any treaded boot. I've had people ask me personally how I manage them in such harsh weather. They have seen me walk in them in the worst snowstorms.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Personally, I don't let bad weather stop me. I can be found wearing stiletto heels in any weather. I actually find that the thin heel can be dug in for far more traction than any treaded boot. I've had people ask me personally how I manage them in such harsh weather. They have seen me walk in them in the worst snowstorms.

Shafted - I've done that too but I think it puts too much stress on a 5" heel.  Probably would work real well with something in the 3" range.

JeffB - Sorry to mention this but I was just out in a heavy rain storm wearing a black leather bomber jacket, black leather knee length skirt, and black leather boots over black leggings.  Key word is rain (in Cincinnati) and it's heading your way where it will fall out of the sky in a more solid form.  If your thigh boots have a heel that is too high, you might want to invest in fishing waders, which would be appropriate for the weather, but no where near as stylish.  :penitent:

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

My main reservation about bad weather is not wanting to ruin a perfectly good pair of heels. Through our relatively mild but wet winter here I've been wearing trekking shoes for getting around, and changing into my heels when I reach my destination. Today my trekking shoes got covered in mud but I still had a fine day in my 5" black suedette shoe-boots that would've been ruined if I'd worn them for my journey. If I do wear heels in bad weather it's usually a less favourite pair that didn't cost much and could be easily replaced.

If you like it, wear it.

Well, I don't like being out in the rain, regardless of if I'm jaunting or not, and after all the snow we've had, there's enough salt on the ground to corrode Wolverine's adamantium skeleton, never mind what it would do to my leather thigh boots, and I just can't see running the risk of messing them up. Does that make me a wimp, you betcha! Once again, I'll wait for more pleasant conditions.

Shoot, we have had record highs in our neck of the woods. We started running the AC last week because it has been warm enough to wake up the scorpions who can make their way in through gaps in the window screen frame. Killed four of them last week. They shouldn't be out until May. No problem wearing sandals though. Tons of gals wearing super high wedge sandals at the outdoor mall last Saturday night. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Well, I don't like being out in the rain, regardless of if I'm jaunting or not

And we certainly wouldn't want JeffB to melt. :penitent:

Several year ago I was out in my thigh boots with 5" heels in salted snow.  I really wasn't thinking about the affect on the boots at the time, as I wasn't really used to wearing them in public back then; I kind of had my mind on other things.  Anyway, I remember leaving Sam's and the door checker commenting that I shouldn't be wearing them out and getting them all salted up.  As soon as I got home I cleaned them up with a paper towel with clear water then some polish.  After countless heel tip replacements and being resoled, they finally wore out last season.

TBG 

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

And we certainly wouldn't want JeffB to melt. :penitent:

Several year ago I was out in my thigh boots with 5" heels in salted snow.  I really wasn't thinking about the affect on the boots at the time, as I wasn't really used to wearing them in public back then; I kind of had my mind on other things.  Anyway, I remember leaving Sam's and the door checker commenting that I shouldn't be wearing them out and getting them all salted up.  As soon as I got home I cleaned them up with a paper towel with clear water then some polish.  After countless heel tip replacements and being resoled, they finally wore out last season.

TBG 

What can I say? I'm a wimp!  :P

Meanwhile, I hope you gave those worn out boots a good sendoff.

Jaunt #209, 2/22/2014

After a hiatus of nearly two months, mainly due to an absolutely miserable winter that's resulted in almost a snowstorm every week, conditions improved enough today, what with sunshine and temps that reached into the upper 50's for me to enjoy my first jaunt of 2014. However, because things were still sloppy in spots thanks to mounds of melting snow everywhichwhere, I left the heels at home, venturing out in my black faux leather jacket over a black turtleneck, the 21 inch denim pencil skirt, black tights, the Payless "Katie" loafers and a black handbag. Wearing a skirt had become as natural to me as breathing, these days, I wouldn't consider anything else, however, this had been the first time I've worn tights and had forgotten how dramatic they made my legs look while it had been years since I last stepped out in the two inch heeled Katie loafers which were comfortable. I thought it was a good look for a warm February day.

My first stop was downtown and my favorite comic shop, having parked half a block away. Because of the mild temps, there were plenty of people out and about, but no one paid me any mind, after twenty minutes in the store, I walked a full block up the street to a convienence store to play tonight's Powerball ticket, then back to my car, no wide eyed stares, gapes, double takes, pointed fingers or guffaws. From there, it was over the Ben Franklin Bridge into South Jersey and to Barnes & Noble near Moorestown Mall to pick up a Blu-Ray film I had on order there (Farewell My Queen), then wandered the aisles for a good twenty minutes before leaving with the movie and a baseball magazine. From there, I headed to the nearby Chick-Fil-A for lunch, as it was a little past 1 p.m., there was a good crowd, young, very young and old, but no one made a big deal of how I was dressed as I dined on a chicken salad sandwich and a small lemonade while reading the newspaper.

After that, I was off to Best Buy, as usual for a Saturday afternoon, the store was crowded but went ignored as I looked for the recently released Blu-Ray version of Death Wish which was there. After wandering the store for a solid half hour, I was ogling an iMac computer when a twentysomething woman complimented me on my necklace, asking if it was genuine jade, I chuckled and said that it couldn't be for $15 bucks from JCPenney. While the girl chuckled, her boyfriend also said the necklace looked nice, I smiled and thanked him. While they both saw the skirt, tights and handbag, that couple was drawn to the necklace. Pretty interesting. All in all, a good first outing of the new year that made me feel good because I was out and about in a skirt. I can't imagine wearing anything else because it's fun. More outings to come.

post-154-0-78999400-1393125037_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-42679400-1393125044_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-23981900-1393125050_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-02350100-1393125058_thumb.jpg

JeffB,

Nice to read about your outing on Saturday. I like your look very much. High heels 3" and more are not always needed to be worn to look good. Like I mentioned to you last week, about my new flat heel boots, they looked good with the leggings I was wearing out.

Yesterday, for the first time in what seems like ages, I was able to wear a pair of pumps out with my Sunday attire. All sidewalks and roadways were clear from ice and snow from the recent thaw. Only the huge mountain piles of snow remain at the edges of parking lots, however we are going back to the deep freeze again this week with off and on snow showers. I haven't put the boots away yet!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice to hear you are hitting the pavement again Jeff.  That is quite a large necklace!  But like you said.  With all you have going on in that outfit, it is funny they noticed and complimented on the necklace.

JeffB,

Nice to read about your outing on Saturday. I like your look very much. High heels 3" and more are not always needed to be worn to look good. Like I mentioned to you last week, about my new flat heel boots, they looked good with the leggings I was wearing out.

Yesterday, for the first time in what seems like ages, I was able to wear a pair of pumps out with my Sunday attire. All sidewalks and roadways were clear from ice and snow from the recent thaw. Only the huge mountain piles of snow remain at the edges of parking lots, however we are going back to the deep freeze again this week with off and on snow showers. I haven't put the boots away yet!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the compliment. Well, there's still melting piles of snow everywhere here, and parking lots of malls large and small are rife with them, leaving water loaded with rock salt residue underfoot. In other words, it's still messy as sin, and that's why I'm leaving the heels at home for awhile yet. Besides, my goal as a freestyler is to put together an entire outfit, not to focus just on the shoes, so I'm perfectly fine with wearing lower heels. Oh, yeah, it's safer too for when you come across that unexpected icy patch on the sidewalk.

Nice to hear you are hitting the pavement again Jeff.  That is quite a large necklace!  But like you said.  With all you have going on in that outfit, it is funny they noticed and complimented on the necklace.

Yeah, it sure felt good to go out and about again. It's not the first time I had someone focus on my jewelry instead of my outfit, but hey, I'm cool with that. Makes me want to buy more beads and baubles. Heh!

Jaunt #210, 3/1/2014:

With yet another snowstorm bearing down on the region that figures to keep my car on the block for who knows how long, I thought I'd better get in a new jaunt before I'm snowbound again, so I headed out yesterday, warmed dressed in my black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, my 32 inch A-line denim skirt, the Pleaser "Vanity" 4 inch heeled knee boots and my favorite black handbag. While I hadn't gone out of my way to make any sort of New Year's resolutions, I've decided to pack away all my jeans and wear only skirts (and the occasional dress) on my outings in 2014, a bold step in my evolution as a freestyler as skirts have become my passion.

Driving into downtown, my first stop was to a branch of my bank to tap the ATM for a little spending money, after crossing the street, a couple of young black men gave me a long look, then laughed in passing. Now, I could've laughed right back as both those clowns were wearing their baggy jeans with the waistband down around the crotch and looked truly ridiculous, but I kept my silence. From there, I went to my local comic shop, parking a block away, enjoying the sharp clicking of the Vanity's heels while passersby and motorists never gave me so much as a glance the whole time I was on the street, and I was cool with that. I then headed into South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area, but instead of going to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, I opted for Boston Market as I haven't dined there in awhile. The store was fairly full at around 1 p.m. when I entered, but again, no one stared, gawked or gaped while I enjoyed a Boston Carver chicken sandwich. Good stuff indeed. Leaving the restaurant, I went into the nearby Staples as I needed a ream of paper for my printed at home, no muss, no fuss.

I then headed to Barnes & Noble, holding the front open for an elderly lady, she nodded to me as she entered, the store was fairly full, after picking up three sci-fi magazines, I bought a bottle of lemonade in the lounge area and read for over a solid half hour, once again, no muss, no fuss about the guy in a skirt and high heeled boots. I mean, why should there have been? I was tastefully dressed for the day (I never leave the house if I'm not), nothing overt, extravagant or outrageous, so it stood to reason I wouldn't garner much attention. After buying a new manga title, I left for Best Buy, got a couple of short stares as I entered, nothing more than that, I wandered the aisles of electronic and video goodness for well over half an hour, even chatted with a salesperson about their Ultra HD TV sets and which one did the best job of upscaling material to 4K resolution. After leaving with a copy of Thor: The Dark World on Blu-Ray, I headed back home after another satisfying outing.

post-154-0-42697400-1393760182_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-48964000-1393760189_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-76363900-1393760196_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-24382700-1393760204_thumb.jpg

I can see why you love skirts so much Jeff.  Your pictures convey that message.  You look very comfortable in them.  Keep it up!

Thank you for the kind words, Mr. X. Yes, I do indeed feel comfortable wearing skirts, and it's great fun too!

Dude - - I'll give you all the credit in the world. Even if I liked wearing skirts, I couldn't pull that off in little ol'e hickville. Even the girls don't wear skirts around these parts,

JeffB, man, you rock. I love your attitude and I enjoy reading each adventure. Thank you for sharing them. Best, Larry

You're welcome. I'll continue doing my best to share my little adventures with everyone.

Dude - - I'll give you all the credit in the world. Even if I liked wearing skirts, I couldn't pull that off in little ol'e hickville. Even the girls don't wear skirts around these parts,

Well, I'm lucky to live in the big city, but even then, I'm very careful about where I go in order to avoid any potential trouble.

Jaunt #211, 3/8/2014:

Yesterday, we enjoyed a touch of spring with sunshine and temps reaching around 50, so I headed out on a brief outing as I wanted to get back in time to watch local squad (and #6 team in the land) Villanova square off against Georgetown. My outfit was casual yet stylish as I wore my black faux leather jacket over a red mockneck, my six year old 21 inch denim skirt, black tights, the Blondo two-inch heeled loafers and the Buxton crossbody bag which I hadn't used in awhile. This made the second time I've worn tights this year, and I have to say I do love how they make my legs look great, as for the skirt, it's my longtime favorite and I just feel so incredibly comfortable when wearing it while the Blondo loafers provided a satisfying click on the pavement.

My first stop was downtown and my local comic shop, while the sun was out, it was a tad chilly at around 11 a.m. when I parked halfway down the block from the shop. As usual, no one gave me much if anything in the way of notice as I walked to the shop where I spent a good twenty minutes or so, after leaving the shop, I went around the corner to a conveinience store for a newspaper, as I waited in line to be served, a twentysomething woman smiled at me and said my legs looked nice in the tights I had on. I must admit I didn't see that coming, but I smiled back and thanked her for the compliment. She then said it was cool that I was wearing a skirt and that I looked natural to her. I liked that word she used, "natural", meaning she was openminded enough to think that I didn't look like some sort of freak or deviant because I was wearing women's garments, that made me feel good. Again, I thanked her before leaving the store.

A third stop was little over a block away from the store at a newsstand where I bought last night's Powerball ticket, I walked at a slow, casual pace, acting calm and nonchalant, no gasps, stares, titters or double takes, I stood in line for a few minutes before buying my ticket, then made my slow, casual return to my car, just enjoying being out and about, dressed the way I like and letting people see me, I found it quite enjoyable. My last stop of the day was to a place I haven't visited on a jaunt in a long time, if ever: 30th Street Rail Station, a huge, sprawling, always crowded place, and it was here that I had lunch at Subway, again, no muss or fuss. Twenty or so minutes later, I was back in the car and headed home. While it was a short outing, it was certainly satisfying.

post-154-0-39178600-1394361687_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-16932600-1394361694_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-04358400-1394361701_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-08117000-1394361712_thumb.jpg

.... as I waited in line to be served, a twentysomething woman smiled at me and said my legs looked nice in the tights I had on. I must admit I didn't see that coming, but I smiled back and thanked her for the compliment. She then said it was cool that I was wearing a skirt and that I looked natural to her. I liked that word she used, "natural", meaning she was openminded enough to think that I didn't look like some sort of freak or deviant because I was wearing women's garments, that made me feel good. Again, I thanked her before leaving the store.

Over the years we may learn to feel more natural within ourselves, but it's really quite amazing to evoke that reaction in someone else. It's a well-deserved compliment Jeff.

If you like it, wear it.