The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jaunt #205, 10/19/2013:

With the weather transitioning from the August warmth of the previous couple of weeks to more traditional temps for this time of year, I dressed for the occasion as I headed out for a little outing in a Gloria Vanderbilt denim jacket from Sears over a long sleeved magenta scoop neck t-shirt, a 16 inch black denim skirt, the Payless "Tara" knee boots and a black handbag. Before I continue, let me give you a little history on the skirt, originally it was 20 inches, but I thought it would look better at a shorter length, so I took it to my neighborhood cleaners and had them take four inches off. VOILA! Instant miniskirt, and I love how it looks on me, especially with the Tara boots.

Headed into center city, I stopped off at a branch of my bank for some cash, getting a homeless guy to swing his head around and gape at me as I walked by, but that was the only reaction I got while I was there. My next stop was to my favorite comic shop in the downtown area, after parking halfway down the block, I strolled to the shop, passing a few people who didn't give me any attention. In the shop, I spent a good twenty minutes before heading to the register where I got a pleasant surprise, the person working the register was a twentysomething Asian woman who smiled and told me she liked my boots, I smiled back and told her I had them for over six years and they fit like a dream. As always, it was cool to get a compliment on my attire. Pretty cool. From there, I strolled around the corner to a nearby convienience store for a newspaper, getting no reaction save for a turned head here and there, nothing more than that.

Returning to my car, I headed over into South Jersey and to Boston Market near Moorestown Mall for lunch, I did get another couple of turned heads as I stood in line to give my order, but was left alone while I ate. My final stop of the day was to the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent little over half an hour, wandering the magazine racks, sat down in the lounger area to read through a few, putting the boots on full display for all to see, and while the skirt rode up while I sat, I didn't mind at all, in fact, I enjoyed showing off my legs which I had crossed. Must've been the exhibitionist in me, otherwise, I wouldn't wear miniskirts at all. Heh! Another pleasant day of freestyling and I had fun, and that's the goal of what I do. Meanwhile, I've arrived at the decision to finish the year wearing skirts, with chillier weather on the way, I'm eager to break out all my long skirts and pair them with my knee boots. Should be great!

post-154-0-33354500-1382257090_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-99091100-1382257096_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-74786800-1382257103_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-03216300-1382257111_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Looking good Jeff. Still don't know how you pull off that look so well. Could it possibly be self-confidence? Duh.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Fantastic Jeff, I think that's my favourite of all your outfits, the style, the colours, the proportions are perfect! The whole look oozes a relaxed,  positive self-confidence, a real feel-good combination. No doubt you'll agree that the outfit definitely looks more complete with the bag. Just an idea for when you re-visit this outfit, maybe a subtle silver necklace would be a nice touch too, though it sure is 10 out of 10 even without that.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! I greatly appreciate the compliments. I sure had a LOT of fun wearing that miniskirt and boots which made me feel, well....sassy. HA! Perhaps I've found my niche when it comes to wearing short skirts, after all, I certainly have the legs for them! Double HA! But seriously, yes, it IS all about having confidence, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. I feel that every jaunt I go on is a brand new adventure filled with all sorts of possibilities for enjoyment and personal fulfillment, and Saturday cemented the tremendous joy that comes from freestyling and wearing what I like, not what society dictates I wear. If I want to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, that's my prerogative, not anyone else's. And more fun is to come!

Jeff, Nice stories, it is good that you can go out dressed how you like.  6ft 7inches, with 5 inch heels, wow...  You would tower over everyone else.  I am 6ft 3inches and try to keep my heels to less than 3 inches, to avoid the "towering" effect as well.  

I am out in heels as much as possible (in guy mode), not sure if I will ever "jump the shark" and go gal, ha ha.  I find heeling is fun and enjoyable, too bad more folks here don't have the opportunity to do it more often.  Take care...  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

For me, towering over everyone else is awesome. Again this is all about self confidence. I can preach this all day long until I'm blue in the face. If you want to be able to wear anything you desire, you only need do it. It may take some intestinal fortitude, but it is so worth it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jeff, Nice stories, it is good that you can go out dressed how you like.  6ft 7inches, with 5 inch heels, wow...  You would tower over everyone else.  I am 6ft 3inches and try to keep my heels to less than 3 inches, to avoid the "towering" effect as well.   I am out in heels as much as possible (in guy mode), not sure if I will ever "jump the shark" and go gal, ha ha.  I find heeling is fun and enjoyable, too bad more folks here don't have the opportunity to do it more often.  Take care...  sf

Well, that's 6 feet 7 IN 5 inch heels, but yeah, it is fun to stand head and shoulders over the crowd, makes me feel very much unique. Oh, and I'm always in "guy mode" when I go out on my little adventures, I just do it in women's clothes. There's a difference.

For me, towering over everyone else is awesome. Again this is all about self confidence. I can preach this all day long until I'm blue in the face. If you want to be able to wear anything you desire, you only need do it. It may take some intestinal fortitude, but it is so worth it.

Couldn't have said it better. Without confidence in yourself, you can do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #206, 11/2/2013:

My, my! What kooky weather we've been having! Even though the calendar says early November, temps reached into the upper 60's, even low 70's for a brief period, so, with that in mind, I headed out on a jaunt, sans jacket, garbed in a black, scoop neck t-shirt from JCPenney, the Canyon Blues denim pencil skirt from Sears, the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps and a black handbag. Having started my seven straight month wearing only skirts on my outings this year, I continue to feel at ease and comfortable in my garment of choice while it had been awhile since I wore the Jefferson wedges, and they look just as good with a skirt of any length as ever. Oh yeah, I also added the necklace I had worn with the dress on my 200th jaunt which I thought matched well with the shirt.

My first stop was downtown where I had to tap an ATM for spending money, having parked right across the street from a machine, I earned some turned heads as I crossed the street which I didn't mind. Next was my favorite comic book shop a few blocks down, I had to park a full block away, I didn't mind that since I got to enjoy a good walk so I could be seen, and since the skirt I wore was nice and snug and emphasized my rear end, I put a little wiggle in my walk, you have no idea how good that felt. I even managed to surprise an older gentleman who was ahead of me on the sidewalk as I passed him by as the shoes were rather quiet, and while I normally like my heels to be so loud I can be heard a block away, I liked the stealthy nature of these shoes. Following an uneventful twenty or so minutes in the store, I returned to my store and drove across the bridge into South Jersey.

It was around 12:30 when I arrived at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Hopping out, I headed right in where I earned a few more stares from diners while I placed my order, including kids who always stare and gape, and this restaurant had a play area for kids, so I got stares from them. After I ate, I headed for Barnes & Noble and spent well over half an hour reading sci-fi and anime magazines before heading to the register with the Blu-Ray version of Volcano, one of my many cinematic guilty pleasures. From there, I headed to Home Depot, my last stop of the day as I needed to buy 9 volt batteries for my smoke detectors at home since we turn the clocks back tonight, and I always change the batteries the morning after Daylight Savings Time. I got a couple of stares there too, but that was no big deal as I expect to be ogled at when wearing a skirt. I accepted that and moved on.

Another enjoyable outing without stress or strife, but then, I never experience that anyway. Meanwhile, to everyone reading these words of wit(?), don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!

post-154-0-07171800-1383423369_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-02635900-1383423377_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-75086700-1383423383_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-48473500-1383423390_thumb.jpg

That is such a sexy skirt ♡♥♡ great ensemble and I love the shoes. Your confidence amazes me, even now I am still getting used to skirted jaunts, even in just a simple pencil skirt, or a regular denim knee length one. I wish I didnt give a damn and could block out those stares... its like they sometimes burn thru my soul... still you pull off this look so well! Looking forward to tomorrow's jaunt :P

Nice heeling jaunt, JeffB. You looked very nice in your skirt and wedge heels.  Here it was a very rainy day. I wasn't able to go heeling tonight, as I wanted to. We had a family birthday party for our oldest daughter that tuned 34 today.

Tomorrow, will be a chance for me to go heeling, but no sandals as the cold front moved through tonight and tomorrow's high only 38*. that's boot wearing weather.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

That is such a sexy skirt ♡♥♡ great ensemble and I love the shoes. Your confidence amazes me, even now I am still getting used to skirted jaunts, even in just a simple pencil skirt, or a regular denim knee length one. I wish I didnt give a damn and could block out those stares... its like they sometimes burn thru my soul... still you pull off this look so well! Looking forward to tomorrow's jaunt :P

Thanks for the kinds words on my ensemble. As for that confidence you mentioned, it didn't come easily, not at all, it took time to develop, and I won't deny that I felt the same as you do in the beginning, and yes, there are times here and there that I do feel that pinprick of fear where I do feel those stares, but I push that to the back of my mind and keep on keeping on. You see, once you arrive at the realization that 95 percent of people you encounter are too busy with their own lives and affairs to concern themselves with a man wearing a skirt, and those that do often don't give a damn or look at me as a curiosity, but won't bother me. More jaunts to come!

Nice heeling jaunt, JeffB. You looked very nice in your skirt and wedge heels.  Here it was a very rainy day. I wasn't able to go heeling tonight, as I wanted to. We had a family birthday party for our oldest daughter that tuned 34 today.

Tomorrow, will be a chance for me to go heeling, but no sandals as the cold front moved through tonight and tomorrow's high only 38*. that's boot wearing weather.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yes, the weather is cooling down here too, perfect conditions for my longer skirts and knee boots. Can't wait!

JeffB;

The necklace makes the image.

The whole outfit looks great and the necklace tops it off.

TBG

I agree with thighbootguy.  The necklace makes the image.  Well done!

Thanks for the kind words! Wearing jewelry has become a key part of my visual image as a fashion freestyler, and I certainly liked wearing that necklace. I intend to buy more jewelry, especially necklaces and pendants which I like most.

Yep!  It really adds to the outfit as something is needed in that open neck area!  Looks good!

Thanks for the kind words. The open area with the neckline of that shirt begged for a necklace. Yes, I do consider all aspects of fashion freestyling, including jewelry!

Hey Jeff, FYI, the Payless in the Deptford Mall has some size 13's in store, if interested...

Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!

Jaunt #206, 11/2/2013:

My, my! What kooky weather we've been having! Even though the calendar says early November, temps reached into the upper 60's, even low 70's for a brief period, so, with that in mind, I headed out on a jaunt, sans jacket, garbed in a black, scoop neck t-shirt from JCPenney, the Canyon Blues denim pencil skirt from Sears, the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps and a black handbag. Having started my seven straight month wearing only skirts on my outings this year, I continue to feel at ease and comfortable in my garment of choice while it had been awhile since I wore the Jefferson wedges, and they look just as good with a skirt of any length as ever. Oh yeah, I also added the necklace I had worn with the dress on my 200th jaunt which I thought matched well with the shirt.

My first stop was downtown where I had to tap an ATM for spending money, having parked right across the street from a machine, I earned some turned heads as I crossed the street which I didn't mind. Next was my favorite comic book shop a few blocks down, I had to park a full block away, I didn't mind that since I got to enjoy a good walk so I could be seen, and since the skirt I wore was nice and snug and emphasized my rear end, I put a little wiggle in my walk, you have no idea how good that felt. I even managed to surprise an older gentleman who was ahead of me on the sidewalk as I passed him by as the shoes were rather quiet, and while I normally like my heels to be so loud I can be heard a block away, I liked the stealthy nature of these shoes. Following an uneventful twenty or so minutes in the store, I returned to my store and drove across the bridge into South Jersey.

It was around 12:30 when I arrived at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Hopping out, I headed right in where I earned a few more stares from diners while I placed my order, including kids who always stare and gape, and this restaurant had a play area for kids, so I got stares from them. After I ate, I headed for Barnes & Noble and spent well over half an hour reading sci-fi and anime magazines before heading to the register with the Blu-Ray version of Volcano, one of my many cinematic guilty pleasures. From there, I headed to Home Depot, my last stop of the day as I needed to buy 9 volt batteries for my smoke detectors at home since we turn the clocks back tonight, and I always change the batteries the morning after Daylight Savings Time. I got a couple of stares there too, but that was no big deal as I expect to be ogled at when wearing a skirt. I accepted that and moved on.

Another enjoyable outing without stress or strife, but then, I never experience that anyway. Meanwhile, to everyone reading these words of wit(?), don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!

Great outfit,the top is perfect ;).

Great outfit,the top is perfect ;).

Thanks for the kind words. I try as best I can to be fashionable. After all, since I've made the decision to wear women's clothes in public on my little adventures, it's important to look my very best.

• 1 month later...

Hon, haven't read any jaunts from you for a while, I thought I would drop by the forum (life for me is rapidly changing), how are things? Loving your style, am always looking for fashion tips. Though I am on the more TS/TG forums, I find the dress styles way too over the top. Was hoping you'd post some more jaunts, hoping my experience didn't unsettle you. ♥ Keisha

Hon, haven't read any jaunts from you for a while, I thought I would drop by the forum (life for me is rapidly changing), how are things? Loving your style, am always looking for fashion tips. Though I am on the more TS/TG forums, I find the dress styles way too over the top. Was hoping you'd post some more jaunts, hoping my experience didn't unsettle you. ♥ Keisha

Hello! Good to hear from you! And no, you haven't unsettled me, I've just been busy of late and haven't had time for any adventures, but I hope to change that soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaunt #207, 12/27/2013:

Yes, boys and girls----I'M BACK JAUNTING!! After nearly two months since my last adventure (11/2) thanks to busy times in November and December, I was back on the road today, and let me tell you, it sure felt good to be out and about again. The last time I traveled, it was unseasonably warm and mild, so much so I ventured out in just shirt sleeves, today, with temps in the low 40's, I dressed for the weather with my black leather jacket over a beige turtleneck from K-Mart, my 36 inch brown Liz Claiborne Activewear skirt, a brown fabric belt, the Payless "Tara" knee boots and a black handbag. Despite how long it had been since my last outing, there was no trepidation whatsoever when I stepped out, and, has been the case for the last seven months, I felt perfectly at ease and comfortable wearing a skirt, I couldn't think of wearing anything else, and, as my jeans collect dust in my closet, I don't want to wear anything else.

Onward, I headed westward to Springfield for the first time in quite a long while, I did have a mission of sorts to undertake as I needed to buy a new table lamp for my living room, so I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to accomplish my task. After parking in the lot, I hopped right out and went inside, I did get an odd look here and there but paid that no mind. Strolling to the area where the lamps were, I spent a good twenty minutes looking over the selection before I decided on a three piece set (2 table lamps, 1 floor lamp) which I felt best suited my needs. After walking up to the register and paying for my purchase, the saleslady at the register complimented me on my necklace, as did the lady at the register next to hers. I smiled, thanked them for the kind words and told them I bought it from JCPenney which impressed them both. Despite wearing a skirt, high heeled boots and toting a handbag, those ladies fixated on my jewelry. Heh! Go figure.

After leaving BB&B, I drove down the road to Subway for lunch, the lot was fairly full and I got more stares as I walked in. There were only three diners as I placed my order, then sat down to eat, three people came and went but none of them noticed me. My third and final stop of the day was to my home away from home, Best Buy, while Christmas had come and gone, the store was still pretty full, but that didn't intimidate me as I strolled in and spent well over half a hour ogling at all the electrical and electronic goodies which never fails to entertain me, had a couple of salespeople ask for help while I was there, no response to my attire, ditto for the bulk of the shoppers as well. Finally, I went to the register with a Blu-Ray anime title I had been interested in and headed out, pretty as you please. I had forgotten how easy, and fun jaunting is, so I'm glad to be back in the saddle. More adventures to come....

post-154-0-52729700-1388177635_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-63953000-1388177642_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-26333500-1388177650_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-22510600-1388177657_thumb.jpg

Well "turned out, as usual and I'd also bet you stayed warm while in the open.

As a matter of fact, I did.

Hi Jeff,

I love that look.

Classic leather jacket and boots combo.

Nicely coordinated accessories (as always).

Well done.

Heel-Lover

Thanks for the kind words. As always, I do all I can to look my very best when out and about.

Jeff….  How you??  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!  I enjoy reading the reports on your jaunts, and I admire your courage.  It sounds like you have a lot of fun and enjoy yourself - as you should.  There is one theme that almost always seems to be a part of your jaunts, that no one seems to notice or care what you are wearing.  Aside form a few stares, the fact that you are out in women's clothing doesn't seem to be an issue at all.  In fact you have mentioned that you have even gotten some compliments on your outfits!!!

My own experience has been very similar.  Although I am not as "fashion forward" as you are (I wear heels openly with men's clothing), my experience has been parallel to yours, hardly anyone notices.  Yes, I do get some occasional glances (from young girls and kids mostly) and stares, and even a giggle at times, but never has anyone made a negative comment.  A few times I have been asked if or why I am wearing women's shoes - my friendly response 'cause I like to.  Most other times when folks notice my shoes they offer a positive comment, BOTH men and women.  Once a guy was on a cell phone (with his wife) when he saw me and said that he wanted to be taller but never though of wearing heels.  He told his wife that he was talking to a guy in heels and that he thought the idea was "cool."  Another time a lady stopped me in a mall, said that I was wearing "beautiful shoes," and wanted to know where she could get a pair.  She complimented me and said it was wonderful that a guy would wear those "beautiful shoes" in public!

I appreciate your jaunt reports, they serve to encourage a lot of other guys who love heels but are just to darn nervous or shy to go out in public.  Hopefully your stories as well as mine (a heel wearer in public since 1995), will give some of the others here the encouragement and motivation to get out in public if that is their desire.  Plus, having NEVER seen another guy in heels or women's shoes (it's a lonely life - sigh), some company would be nice!!  ha ha  

Take care all…..   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"