The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

5 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Hey Jeff,

You know we're liking your outfits, your obviously summer outfits, and yet we still see you in front of the curtain INSIDE. Imagine how the bright colors will pop outdoors.   Hin H

Well, like most people, I just go about my business while out in public, and most people don't bother taking time to snap pictures, which is why I do my photography indoors before I head out. However, I'll see what I can do about taking a few outside pictures.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 7/28/2017 at 9:11 AM, JeffB said:

Well, like most people, I just go about my business while out in public, and most people don't bother taking time to snap pictures, which is why I do my photography indoors before I head out. However, I'll see what I can do about taking a few outside pictures.

It could be one more way to push the envelope if you connect with shoppers as you go about your business to take a full length pic of you in your fabulous skirts including the cute shoes... I'm sure other women will only be too happy to oblige, especially ones that might comment on a nice purse you have or other accessories, such is becoming common in your jaunts. In this age of Lookbook, selfies and Instagram, I'm sure the twentysomethings will only be too happy to oblige to help with a selfie. (You dont need a dedicated camerman like this guy... love his skirt and shoes!) Will we see Sunday Best and you in a smart blouse and midi pencil skirt or are there other surprises in store? :P  BTW your earlier pictures from 2008 have been removed by Photobucket in their bizarre "Pay us $400 first to see them" subscription campaign :( I dropped them and found a free hosting service. 

Looking forward to read of your next jaunt, you are a source of inspiration always ♡♡♡

tumblr_mvjxt9NdoR1rsarqpo1_500.jpg

article-2146633-132B019D000005DC-421_468x286.jpg

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

SkirtDude: Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps I'll consider outdoor pictures, just as a change of pace. Darn, I just noticed the early pictures from my thread are gone, and no, I absolutely will NOT pay Photobucket's $400 ransom! That's insane!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

SkirtDude: Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps I'll consider outdoor pictures, just as a change of pace. Darn, I just noticed the early pictures from my thread are gone, and no, I absolutely will NOT pay Photobucket's $400 ransom! That's insane!

No worries mate... there may be a way to still log onto your Photobucket account, save all your earlier pictures (right click, save as) then switch to a site like imgbb., or just upload them here :) I like reading of your jaunts, but pics outside will add more weight to the accounts and encourage others to get out there in public freestyling / heeling and that nothing bad is gonna happen! Full length pic of your ensembles rather than just the top half! Lookbook pages are also worth a look in :cheeky:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

No worries mate... there may be a way to still log onto your Photobucket account, save all your earlier pictures (right click, save as) then switch to a site like imgbb., or just upload them here :) I like reading of your jaunts, but pics outside will add more weight to the accounts and encourage others to get out there in public freestyling / heeling and that nothing bad is gonna happen! Full length pic of your ensembles rather than just the top half! Lookbook pages are also worth a look in :cheeky:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do about that when I have some spare time.

Jaunt #385, 7/30/2017: A couple of months ago, I mentioned having bought two maxi-dresses from Sears during an outing, well, yesterday, I finally got around to wearing one of them, it being a navy striped number which I paired with the Payless “Parsley” flat sandals in white along with a white handbag. Hard to believe it took until late July before I got around to my first outing in a dress for 2017, and after having done so, I’m annoyed for not having worn one sooner, because damn, wearing dresses, even casual dresses like what I sported today is so much freaking FUN! It just felt so….natural to wear a dress, and more enjoyable than I can describe. Once again, why had I denied myself this wonderful pleasure for so long?

My first stop was to Springfield and Home Depot. You see, after I bought my outdoor planter a few weeks ago and I neighbor liked it so much she asked me to buy one for her, another neighbor made the same request the other day, so I went there late this morning where I found the same planter I bought, though this one was in blue, not red like mine, but hey, details, details. From there, I drove to a computer store out in the burbs where I bought a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad which I’m using to type those words of wit(?). Of course, no one paid any attention to what i wore, just like at Home Depot, but then, I’ve come to expect that sort of indifference from the public at large, and that’s perfectly fine by me. I mean, why should anyone get worked up over a middle aged guy in a maxi-dress and cute sandals?

My third and final stop was downtown and my regular haunts around Rittenhouse Square to chill out in the park and be seen. After a two block walk to the park, it took a few minutes to find an empty bench as the place was absolutely packed, thanks to the day being sunny and pleasant. I killed nearly an hour and a half reading from my e-reader, thirty minutes in, a lady who was a tad older than me sat at the other end of the bench, grinned and remarked on what a nice day it was, but nothing on the dress though. All things told, I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks to my attire because, like I had said, wearing a dress was FUN! I can’t wait to wear the other maxi, not to mention any other dresses I can get my mitts on! More to come....

Jaunt #385, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #385, outfit-1.jpg

• Like 2

Hi JeffB

great look! I love the navy pinsripe.

I'm guessing the dress has a split on both sides to the knee - I can see on the wearers right there is a split - normally its both?

Dresses are great aren't they! Perfect because they're so elegant and simple to wear. A one stop shop!

A wide brimmed hat with a matching navy pin stripe sash would be terrific with that outfit. Great for summer!?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi JeffB

great look! I love the navy pinsripe.

I'm guessing the dress has a split on both sides to the knee - I can see on the wearers right there is a split - normally its both?

Dresses are great aren't they! Perfect because they're so elegant and simple to wear. A one stop shop!

A wide brimmed hat with a matching navy pin stripe sash would be terrific with that outfit. Great for summer!?

To answer your question, yep, the dress did have a slit on both sides, making it doubly cooler than it already was. It was just so comfortable and easy to wear, a one stop shop indeed! Like I said, I had so much fun in my dress! As for your suggestion, hmm! A wide brimmed hat! Intriguing! I  might have to give one a try! The other maxi I have is solid black, perhaps a contrasting white sash might work with it.

Jeff B is one of these rare individuals that looks like a man when he dresses like a man and a woman when dressed like a woman.  Wonderful trait wnen you think about it.  :-)

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

16 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

Jeff B is one of these rare individuals that looks like a man when he dresses like a man and a woman when dressed like a woman.  Wonderful trait wnen you think about it.  :-)

Yes - thats well said !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

What a stunning dress, @JeffB - looks so naturally femme on you!

Thanks for the kind words. I'll say this, I certainly felt feminine while wearing that dress. And that was a good feeling to have.

8 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Well, you're not the first person on this board who came right out and said I look like a woman when I'm dressed like one. Perhaps that explains why I never get any strange looks while out in public because I'm accepted as a woman thanks to my appearance. I appreciate the compliment, and yeah, that is quite a wonderful talent to have.

Edited by JeffB

Jaunt #386, 8/5/2017: You'd think that as much as I love numbers when it comes to my thread, I would've known that this outing was my 300th in a skirt, but I wasn't aware of that until I returned home and entered the stats for the jaunt. In a word….WHOA! To think I've worn skirts THAT many times now has been astonishing, but, more importantly, it's been a hell of a lot of fun, and it continues being an absolute blast. Anyhoo, I found it appropriate that my 300th jaunt in a skirt was to the King of Prussia Mall, a place I would NEVER have thought about venturing to just a year ago, but now has been commonplace when it comes to destinations to enjoy a day of freestyling.

Anyhoo, regarding today's ensemble, I sported a turquoise blouse with a tan chino pencil skirt, the Payless “Stacia” low wedge sandals in tan and a beige satchel bag. I arrived at the mall garage shortly after 11 a.m., hopped out and went into the mall. I remember experiencing a measure or nervousness the first time I wore a skirt at KOP, wondering how my appearance would be received, and when nothing of substance happened, despite being around thousands of people at the largest mall on the east coast, I came to realize that what I was wearing had no impact whatsoever with the people there, and on my ninth trip there in freestyle mode, nothing at all has changed, and I find that refreshing. Being a creature of routine, my first stop was to the comic book shop there where I spent a good fifteen minutes or so, then I sauntered down to the food court which was mildly crowded for lunch. I stood in line at Chick Fil A where I bought a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of water, then sat next to a large and rather boisterous family, intentionally to enjoy my meal, and without nary a notice from the family, in fact, the only time those folks took notice of me was when the mother, looking a tad frazzled, apologized for her kids being noisy, I grinned and told her it was no problem.

After lunch, I wandered about, passing by the now shuttered store that used to be JCPenney, I felt down since I bought several skirts, women's tops and handbags there. My wandering through the mall, passing scores of uninterested people led me into Old Navy on a whim, and, on another whim, I wound up buying a couple of dresses that caught my eye because they were cute and casual and interested me. I'll be sure to show them off on future adventures. And so, with my 300th skirt outing in the books, having spent little over fours at KOP, I'm looking forward to many, many more outings there in the future. More to come....

Jaunt #386, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #386, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #386, outfit-3.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Lovely skirt, @JeffB - and the sandals match is beautifully.

Well done on 300 jaunts!!! 

2 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Looking great as ever, Jeff! Nice to see a selfie outside, though it would be nice to see a whole shot of your ensemble whilst on your jaunt! Nice skirt ;) 

Thanks for the kind words!

Jaunt #387, 8/6/2017: On the heels of Saturday's outing, I decided to head out for a second straight day, mainly because I had the itch to go out in a skirt, and since the weather was nice, so, why not? As for the ensemble, it was a combination of casual and dressy, or casually dressy as I sported a blue “Swiss Dot” t-shirt (see picture below), a black denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Parsley” flat sandals in black and a black handbag. While I could've made this outfit dressier by adding a pair of heels, that never occurred to me as I was eager to wear sandals which had became something of a passion for me this summer season, but it still looked more than good enough for a day out in public.

My destination was South Jersey, Moorestown Mall where I hadn't been to for awhile, but first was lunch at Wendy’s where I had a nice salad (still vigilantly watching what I eat) and a bottle of water. Then it was off to the nearby multiplex to catch a showing of The Dark Tower starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConahgey which was pretty darn good, in fact, it makes me want to read Stephen King’s original novel which the movie was based on. After the movie, I decided to do a little shopping in the nearby Sears where I enjoyed wandering the aisles of women's wear before heading to the counter with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR casual dresses, and I only spent a tad over $35 bucks for the haul. Not bad at all. From there, I swung by the Cherry Hill Mall where I hit JCPenney and did some more shopping, coming away with a nice dressy blouse and an equally nice printed knee length skirt to pair as an outfit I thought up on the fly after looking around the aisles.

I have to say I felt plenty good as I drove home with my stash of clothing, adding more dresses to my closet, all of which I plan to wear on future outings, of that, you can be sure, and it'll be fun, because that's what wearing a dress is all about. Oh yeah, no one cared about what I wore today, but then, no one does, and that's plenty cool. More to come....

Jaunt #387, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #387, outfit-2.jpg

Jaunt #387, outfit-3.jpg

• Like 2

I love the earrings! Can't wait to see your printed skirt. I've just been shopping and bought two more pencil skirts for work, one in lilac which I might wear with a similar colored blouse (though am at a loss as to what color tights I should wear), booties (summer has gone abroad in the UK :( ) and might treat myself to a new bag. The other skirt was a gray one with a check design, but not plaid.

I like your top as well. Did you pierce your ears or are those clip-on earrings? ;) 

• Like 1

SkirtDude,

I'm a bit confused on something. Who is the guy in a dress and sandals in front of an NBC (Channel 4) affiliate? THey don't have NBC in Great Britain but a Brit is posting it. Were you just over here in the USA and saw this where you were staying?? I'm not sure what the news story was exactly. The guy looks like he would blend into most urban landscapes as he seems passable. Thoughts?   HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, SkirtDude said:

I love the earrings! Can't wait to see your printed skirt. I've just been shopping and bought two more pencil skirts for work, one in lilac which I might wear with a similar colored blouse (though am at a loss as to what color tights I should wear), booties (summer has gone abroad in the UK :( ) and might treat myself to a new bag. The other skirt was a gray one with a check design, but not plaid.

I like your top as well. Did you pierce your ears or are those clip-on earrings? ;) 

To answer your question, those were clip-on earrings. I'm not quite ready for piercing, but I'm thinking that will happen eventually.

4 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

SkirtDude,

I'm a bit confused on something. Who is the guy in a dress and sandals in front of an NBC (Channel 4) affiliate? THey don't have NBC in Great Britain but a Brit is posting it. Were you just over here in the USA and saw this where you were staying?? I'm not sure what the news story was exactly. The guy looks like he would blend into most urban landscapes as he seems passable. Thoughts?   HappyinHeels

I'm afraid you've lost me. Could you provide more information?

11 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

SkirtDude,

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

I'm afraid you've lost me. Could you provide more information?

Jeff, I too was confused by this post until I saw the July 29 post by SkirtDude in this thread. In it SkirtDude, aka "the Brit", posted two pictures, in the second there is a NBC 4 logo.  I hope that clears it up.

12 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeff, I too was confused by this post until I saw the July 29 post by SkirtDude in this thread. In it SkirtDude, aka "the Brit", posted two pictures, in the second there is a NBC 4 logo.  I hope that clears it up.

Hey, just to clear up any confusion, that's not me... though I dig the outfit ♡♡♡ This is Warren Evans of Calvert High School, in Frederick, MD who got suspended for wearing a skirt to school in 2012. I had a rummage down the back of the internet and found his picture. I thought perhaps Jeff could hire a cameraman for his trips around the shopping mall if there's difficulty taking outside pics that include his skirt and shoes :P The story made it across the Pond thanks to Mail Online, many were supportive of Warren. The UK is becoming more open minded, so walks in skirts and heels by men barely raise an eyebrow. Eddie Izzard campaigned for the Labour Party in a pencil skirt suit, with pumps or boots. He campaigned across the country in his skirt suit ♡

Only the small minded will yell something, usually in the safety of a group or passing car.

We get CNBC in the UK, along with Fox on cable or Sky (satellite) TV ;)

JS119941294.jpg

27274b34-b8eb-466e-944e-0d689cf4c303-1.jpg

izzard-hits-the-campaign-trail.jpg

Edited by SkirtDude

8 hours ago, OldMountain said:

Jeff B;

looked into Flickr? 1 tb of storage, not bad. Thats soo many photos its unbelivable. 

Oh, I have other options, but I keep hoping against hope the folks at Photobucket will come to their senses and lower their "ransom" price for third party hosting to something much more reasonable. If that cost was say, $100 a year, I could live with that. $400 is flat out insane.

5 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

What does that red badge that they are wearing signify?

That they are Labour Party supporters.   Fortunately, Eddie's off-beat humour and appearance is unlikely to be much of an encouragement to potential voters.

Jaunt #388, 8/12/2017: After a slightly soggy start to the day, I headed out on a Saturday jaunt, casually attired in an embroidered turquoise tank top, a short, brown cord pencil skirt I bought at a thrift shop for all of five bucks, the Payless “Parsley” flat sandals in tan and a brown handbag. Thanks to my diligent weight loss regimen, the skirt, which had been a tad snug when I bought it three weeks ago, but now, it fits so well, I didn't need to wear a belt, meanwhile, my passion for flat sandals continues as I've come to really enjoy wearing such shoes, they look so natural on me and I enjoy every chance I get to wear them on outings. Pretty remarkable, seeing that you couldn't pay me to wear sandals a scant few years ago, now, I can't wear them enough.

Anyhoo, since Friday was payday, I decided to take a few dollars to Parx Casino to have a little fun. The place was plenty packed when I arrived, but, no one noticed me, as I've said many times before, casinos are a great place to wear heels or do the freestyle thing because people are too wrapped in their battles with one arm bandits or rolling bones to pay attention to what you happen to be wearing. As it my routine, I always have lunch before I hit the casino floor, busying myself with one cent machines, after about an hour and playing on three or four machines, I managed to win about $70 bucks. WHOO! Windfall! Gotta love it! After another half hour of fiddling around, I left with my meager winnings and motored down the expressway to an outlet mall a mile away where I went to its multiplex to watch Atomic Blonde which was a cracking good action flick, starring Charlize Theron as a kick ass British secret agent during the last days of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Oh yeah, she also wore some awesome heels as well!

After the movie, I wandered through the mall which had a good Saturday afternoon crowd, I did get a few stares here and there, but nothing more than that, I wandered in and out of a few stores, but didn't find anything that interested me. Meanwhile, going to casinos on outings continue to be fun, maybe I'll go to Atlantic City on a future outing. More to come....

Jaunt #388, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #388, outfit-2.jpg