The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

There are two separate looks at discussion here.  One, Cat's stunning appearance, that shows him as male from the the neck up, and JeffB's more mature female appearance-- especially aided by his short hair-- that"work."  Both of them, due to/because of the care/preparation they both take, elicit compliments on their taste and appearance rather than ridicule and derision usually associated with men wearing women's clothes in public with more casual preparation.  

This, in no way detracts from the other members efforts to dressing similarly.  It's just that I'm more familiar with their technique.  Huge lesson, do your "prep" work and exercise knowledgeable care in selection of wardrobe and accessories.

No disrespect to CAT, or any criticism of what I agree is his 'stunning appearance', but I don't think we have (yet) seen anything of him above the neck, so his appearance in that area, and its contrast with his female clothing that it may or may not show, must be a matter of conjecture.   As he appears happy to reveal himself in full in his part of the world, it would be good if he would share that with us too, as JeffB so readily does.   But I for one will still respect him if he chooses not to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

There are two separate looks at discussion here.  One, Cat's stunning appearance, that shows him as male from the the neck up, and JeffB's more mature female appearance-- especially aided by his short hair-- that"work."  Both of them, due to/because of the care/preparation they both take, elicit compliments on their taste and appearance rather than ridicule and derision usually associated with men wearing women's clothes in public with more casual preparation.  

This, in no way detracts from the other members efforts to dressing similarly.  It's just that I'm more familiar with their technique.  Huge lesson, do your "prep" work and exercise knowledgeable care in selection of wardrobe and accessories.

You stated everything perfectly. I've said numerous times in this thread that if I was going to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, then it's important that I look my very best, no matter if I'm going casual or dressing up to the nines. A proper, tasteful and appropriate appearance goes a long way to acceptance of my presentation. To that end, I go to great pains to put together outfits that will allow me to blend in with my surroundings, I also take notice of what women wear and adapt what I see to the outfits I assemble. Bottom line, I absolutely love to be fashionable, nothing more, nothing less.

11 hours ago, Puffer said:

No disrespect to CAT, or any criticism of what I agree is his 'stunning appearance', but I don't think we have (yet) seen anything of him above the neck, so his appearance in that area, and its contrast with his female clothing that it may or may not show, must be a matter of conjecture.   As he appears happy to reveal himself in full in his part of the world, it would be good if he would share that with us too, as JeffB so readily does.   But I for one will still respect him if he chooses not to.

Well, I can't speak for CAT who I'm sure has his reasons for remaining anonymous, but in my case, the reason I choose to show my face all boils down to simple laziness as I don't want to go to all the trouble of cropping my head out of pictures. Yep, that's my explanation, and I'm sticking to it! Heh!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have mixed emotions on this. First it's a pain in the ass to do all the cropping.  Second I wish I could practice what I preach and do when I go out.  Obviously from my pics of my outings I have no problem out in public.  However  there are only a few of my inner circle that know of my heeling and dress clothes preference.  I know that at some point someone or some people I know will see me out and then it will be out there and I will have to cross that bridge when I get there.   My issue is not everyone I know is open minded. People I know have lost there jobs due to how they handle there beliefs and or social habits. It's really absurd, but reality. I have brought my kids up and remind them all the time that everyone has there own thing.  People are different.  Even if you don't agree with something or someone you still need to be nice to people.  Friends close to us have kids with special needs. Friends and relatives around us are gay or lesbian. Older people we known need help. There is no reason that anyone should not be treated with respect and to just be nice to people no matter what they are doing or what they have or don't have.  I hope my rambling makes some sense

CAT

• Like 4

14 hours ago, CAT said:

First it's a pain in the ass to do all the cropping.

And here all this time I thought You had a short photographer. :penitent:

14 hours ago, CAT said:

However  there are only a few of my inner circle that know of my heeling and dress clothes preference.  I know that at some point someone or some people I know will see me out and then it will be out there and I will have to cross that bridge when I get there. 

I am surprised at this, but I fully understand.  An interesting (and instructive) topic would be on how you manage your presentation preferences with your inner and outer circle friends differently.  For me everyone knows I wear boots but not everyone knows I'll wear a skirt.

14 hours ago, CAT said:

My issue is not everyone I know is open minded. People I know have lost there jobs due to how they handle there beliefs and or social habits. It's really absurd, but reality. I have brought my kids up and remind them all the time that everyone has there own thing.  People are different.  Even if you don't agree with something or someone you still need to be nice to people.  Friends close to us have kids with special needs. Friends and relatives around us are gay or lesbian. Older people we known need help. There is no reason that anyone should not be treated with respect and to just be nice to people no matter what they are doing or what they have or don't have.  I hope my rambling makes some sense

AS JeffB says, "Yes it does".

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG

I will tell you it is a pain to think first about where I am going and then figure out an appropriate outfit.  I wish it would not matter.  I have to look out for my kids my financial future my physical well being.   I hope at some point I won't have to worry as much.   

I am going to work on getting a shorter photographer, that would make posting a lot easier!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CAT said:

I have to look out for my kids my financial future my physical well being.

Other then not having children, and being retired and collecting several pensions... I fully understand.  As for physical well being, I am still selective about where I go heeling in a skirt (but not so much with just boots).  Fortunately I live in a very tolerant part of the U.S.A.  I do currently have serious concerns about safety that I raised in this series of posts.

53 minutes ago, CAT said:

I will tell you it is a pain to think first about where I am going and then figure out an appropriate outfit.

I really do admire the care both you and JeffB put into creating an image.  It is a talent I really don't have but, since I've been wearing boots of some sort every time I go out, it is nice to start the day with the only decision being: jeans, leggings, or skirt. :penitent:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

14 hours ago, CAT said:

Hmmmmmm,,,,,, I should look into some 8"'ers! Lol good call 

8 inchers? Yoiks! I'm coming down with vertigo just thinking about that!  :giggle:

14 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I really do admire the care both you and JeffB put into creating an image.  It is a talent I really don't have but, since I've been wearing boots of some sort every time I go out, it is nice to start the day with the only decision being: jeans, leggings, or skirt. :penitent:

Well, since I've embraced the life of a fashion freestyler, crafting my image has become very important to me as I want to look my best when out in public. And, I feel good when I look good, plain and simple.

• Like 1

My 'free styling' extends only to the wearing of flattish otk suede boots, with jeans and jumper, and so very, very tame by the standards here (but that's all I really want anyway) Even so I notice a very upbeat change in myself when I am wearing what I like. I work in a creative field -writing and photography - and I genuinely feel more creative, more open and mentally agile, when I am puttering about my office in my boots. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I work in a creative field -writing and photography - and I genuinely feel more creative, more open and mentally agile, when I am puttering about my office in my boots.

I have long maintained that my feminine side was my creative side.  I have noticed the same characteristics you noted when I an dressed in a manner that encourages my feminine side but not so extreme that it overloads it.  Wearing boots seems to accomplish this level of encouragement.

JeffB - Probably for another jaunt to reclaim this thread. :cheeky:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

I have long maintained that my feminine side was my creative side.  I have noticed the same characteristics you noted when I an dressed in a manner that encourages my feminine side but not so extreme that it overloads it.  Wearing boots seems to accomplish this level of encouragement.

JeffB - Probably for another jaunt to reclaim this thread. :cheeky:

Not to want to continue to distract from JeffB's thread, but that is an interesting point. Perhaps I should start a thread on the nature of creativity, and nurturing it. I can't help but notice that many people on here are of a creative turn of mind. 

• Like 1

Shyheels: That's not a half bad idea! I say go for it and see what happens!

Jaunt #344, 11/18/2016: In some ways, each and every outing I undertake is an ongoing experiment, especially since I've devoted myself to being a fashion freestyler, my goal is to craft, develop and nurture my image and how I want to be seen in public by the world at large. To that end, I go to great lengths to put together outfits that are not just tasteful and stylish, but will help me blend in with my surroundings. As for today's experiment, I decided to take a 27 inch plaid a-line skirt out for a spin, pairing it with my favorite denim jacket over a long sleeved black t-shirt, the Payless "Karmen" pumps in black patent and a short strap black satchel. While I've worn patterned skirts before, plaid represents new territory and I was eager to see how I could pair with it best to create a full outfit. This is my mindset these days as I'm long since beyond everything being about the shoes and rather thinking about the complete image.

With temps around 60, with sunshine, it was just the sort of day cool enough for a light jacket but not warm enough to go with just shirt sleeves as I headed to Starbucks in University City to relax with a cup of iced tea, a muffin and my nook™ for some quality time reading. Funny thing in that I get in more reading away from home than I do while at home. Go figure. After about two hours (the amount of time in the meter), I packed up and left, going into downtown. After about half an hour spent searching for a parking space, I found one, fed the meter, then walked down some three blocks to One Liberty Place to feed myself, as it was a weekday, the food court was plenty crowded as I chose Subway and one of their chopped salads with a bottle of water. And yes, I garnered no stares or odd looks, meaning I achieved my objective of anonymity, or so I thought, because after I finished lunch, left the food court and was on my way out the building when I passed a thirtysomething lady who said in passing, "Cute skirt!" I smiled and said thanks. So, people do notice when they decide to look closely.

I'll readily admit that my image is a work in progress, and might always be such in my eyes. Sometimes I'll nail my look with just the right outfit, sometimes I won't (see my Election Day outing), but I thought I did good today. But I'll continue striving to look my best. More to come....

Jaunt #344, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #344, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Lost for words...

In a good way, or a bad way. Don't keep me in suspense!

Jaunt #345, 11/19/2016: Here we are, less than a week away from Thanksgiving, and yet, the weather was more like April than November as there was plenty of sunshine and temps that flirted with 70. Yeah, kooky weather, but perfect conditions for an outing, my ensemble being a black Gloria Vanderbilt denim jacket over a long sleeved magenta t-shirt, a 16 inch gray denim miniskirt with that distressed hem, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a black handbag. Driving downtown, I found a parking space a block away from my friendly neighborhood comic book shop, while on my way there, a black woman sitting in a U-Haul van leaned her head out the driver's side window and shouted, "Whoo! Look at those legs!" I smiled back and waved to her. How cool was that? Getting a compliment! After some twenty minutes in the comic shop discussing the upcoming Eagles-Seahawks game in Seattle on Sunday, I headed down the street to the first drug store I found for a bottle of Ny-Quil so I'll be ready for the cold season that's on the way. As usual, the downtown area was hustling and bustling with throngs of people enjoying the unusually warm weather, it's just so much fun to be in the middle of such a crowd, even better when no one gives me any odd looks or stares. Retreating to Rittenhouse Square Park, I found a bench partially under a tree to relax, check my phone for messages and be seen.

Here's some proof of how I've evolved as a fashion freestyler: the very first time I wore a skirt as short as the one I sported on this outing a few years ago, I was so incredibly self-conscious about wearing a mini, and the notion of sitting in the thing was out of thee question as I was worried sick about the skirt riding up on me. But, as I've evolved, I no longer cared about such minor things, seated on the bench and crossing my legs, the skirt did indeed ride up, showing off lots of skin, and I didn't give even half a damn, I just chilled out while people came and went and no one gave me so much as a glance. I mean, I had underwear (black) on beneath my skirt, so why should that have been a big deal, despite nursing a mild desire for being an exhibitionist. After over thirty minutes on that bench, I returned to my car and motored over the bridge into South Jersey and Moorestown Mall where I ate lunch in the food court in plain sight, then went to the nearby multiplex to see Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (a Harry Potter prequel) and enjoyed it. After the film, I left the mall and went to Best Buy which was already in Black Friday mode, what with HDTV's in boxes all over the floor and the place was fairly packed, even before the big day, that made wandering the aisles before going to the register with a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones for my computer, nothing fancy or expensive, just fifty bucks before taxes. Another fun outing, one made more exciting by wearing a mini. I'll have to do that again soon, cold weather or not. More to come....

Jaunt #345, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #345, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

Great outfit! The skirt, booties, and jacket make a smashing combination.  It may soon be time to break out the leggings (and thigh boots :penitent:), which would also work well with that outfit, as the temperatures are soon to head downward. 

For a jacket, consider a ladies blazer that is cut with in a slight hourglass shape with a little taper at the waist.  I think that would flatter the look you have achieved.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

a black woman sitting in a U-Haul van leaned her head out the driver's side window and shouted, "Whoo! Look at those legs!"

Like a lady told me, "If you got'em flaunt'em".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

In a good way, or a bad way. Don't keep me in suspense!

Jaunt #345, outfit-1.jpg

I got my voice back now... I wasn't so impressed with the denim jacket and the plaid skirt, I would have gone with a cardigan and blouse for such a style of skirt....

Today, a much nicer look... jacket and skirt suit each other, though I would have worn a longer skirt like a 24 inch one (but I'm a bit of a prude like that :silly: ) and I don't wish to flash, though I would go with black knickers too if I was wearing something so short. Its just part and parcel of wearing a skirt. My legs arent as nice as yours so I am more self conscious... Nice you got a compliment, surprised someone as smart as you isn't on LookBook or other social media :cheeky: wish we had summer like weather here, definitely tights weather, and all the winter skirts are out and the summer stuff packed away :cry:  though I did some errands in my dark grey denim pencil today, went without tights even though it was the low 50s farenheit :nono: 

Loving the top as well, a dressy yet casual ensemble :) 

1479670357592-518945340.jpg

Edited by heelsrus2000
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great outfit! The skirt, booties, and jacket make a smashing combination.  It may soon be time to break out the leggings (and thigh boots :penitent:), which would also work well with that outfit, as the temperatures are soon to head downward. 

For a jacket, consider a ladies blazer that is cut with in a slight hourglass shape with a little taper at the waist.  I think that would flatter the look you have achieved.

14 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I got my voice back now... I wasn't so impressed with the denim jacket and the plaid skirt, I would have gone with a cardigan and blouse for such a style of skirt....

As always, comments and suggestions on how I can improve my look are welcome. I'll see about finding a women's blazer, something that's been a bit of a sticking point with me because of my long arms, but I'll keep on trying.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

As always, comments and suggestions on how I can improve my look are welcome. I'll see about finding a women's blazer, something that's been a bit of a sticking point with me because of my long arms, but I'll keep on trying.

It's just too darn bad that we don't live closer together, as my good friend and fellow shoe addict is a tailor. Given her support of my fashion choices, I bet she'd be able to whip up exactly what you're looking for.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 6:58 AM, mlroseplant said:

It's just too darn bad that we don't live closer together, as my good friend and fellow shoe addict is a tailor. Given her support of my fashion choices, I bet she'd be able to whip up exactly what you're looking for.

That's okay, I'll figure something out. In fact, I'm already working an angle to find a woman's blazer in my size.

I am sure you will find a blazer that will suit you. I am a size 16 in blazers but a 10/12 in skirts. Its tights weather here, super jealous of the unseasonal weather you are having. Though it was 40 den thigh highs and boots with a pencil skirt yesterday with temps in the mid 40s Farenheit, and I was warm enough. Some girls were sans tights which I thought was crazy :nono:

Looking forward to your next jaunt :cheeky: 

• Like 1

Jaunt #346, 11/27/2016: A sunny but chilly Sunday (it is late November after all) gave me a reason to dress up warmly for the conditions, sporting my black leather jacket over a magenta mockneck, my 34 inch gray knit a-line skirt, black tights, the Pleaser 4 inch heeled "Vanity" knee boots and a black handbag. The midi skirt I felt lent an air of elegance while the Vanity boots which I've owned since 2008 are still as comfortable as ever, as always, it feels mighty good to dress like a woman, a talent I have down pat, and I felt damn good today. This is why I do what I do, because I love it so much, wearing the clothes and shoes, feeling the heft of a full handbag on my shoulder, it all combines for a fantastic experience.

Anyhoo, with the Eagles playing on Monday night, I decided to venture out on a trip, my first stop was to Starbucks in the University City area when I got in some reading via my Barnes & Noble nook e-reader for about a couple of hours, then I packed up, left and drove over the Ben Franklin Bridge to Moorestown Mall where I had lunch at the food court which was near the multiplex, got a couple stares here and there, nothing more, then I went to said multiplex where I checked out Allied starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. As a World War II period piece goes, it was decent, but nothing spectacular, at least I didn't think it was the case, but it was a decent little diversion to kill a couple of hours. After the movie ended, I wandered into the mall and strolled about, visiting a Hallmark store to by a box of Christmas cards, as usual, I behaved calm and cool and collected, like I belonged in the mall like everyone else, and you know what? I did!

I suppose I could've stayed out longer, but I treasure going to bed early the night before the brew work week starts, but there will be plenty of time for new outings, more opportunities to wear the clothes and shoes I love so much. More to come....

Jaunt #346, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #346, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

Nahhhh! I was feeling rather lazy. Perhaps this coming weekend.

I think lazy is not the appropriate phrase.  Since @JeffB has raised fashionable dressing to an art form, I think it is more appropriate to say "The moment lacked inspiration", and "You can't rush art".

(I've always wondered why this Art guy had a museum named after him.) :penitent:

By the way, I really liked your last outfit.

• Like 1

Okay, okay! I'll come clean about why I didn't undertake any jaunts this past weekend. The moment lacked inspiration, and when it comes to my love for fashion, you just can't rush art. That's my reason and I'm sticking with it!

Edited by JeffB