The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Great look JeffB. You're totally co-ordinated. Yes, the weather here was warm the last couple of days, as most of the East Coast is in a fall heat wave. I went out tonight wearing a royal blue mini skirt with, white polo and a pair of floral, multi colored, pumps. I carried a hot pink colored, cross body bag as well as a Breast Cancer Awareness logo on my shirt. I got a couple of compliments as I shopped at Kay's Jewelers and BonTon department store. I bought a Ralph Loren, black sweater dress, at BonTon. I'm looking forward to wearing the sweater dress in the coming, cooler days ahead.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Jaunt #338, 10/22/2016: Originally, I wasn't going to go out on a jaunt yesterday, it was cloudy, chilly and damp from on and off showers, all in all, a less than pleasant day. And while I've said this a time or two, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high", however, conditions were good enough for flats as I decided on a whim to do something crazy, well, crazy for me as I headed out in my black faux leather jacket over a long sleeved magenta t-shirt, a denim button down skirt, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and a black handbag. As for that something crazy I did, well, my destination was the King of Prussia Mall, only the largest mall on the east coast, a place that was always crazy crowded with people on a Saturday, rain or shine.

After arriving and parking in the garage, it took a few minutes to muster up the courage required to leave the car as it had been a very long time since I had gone jaunting at KOP, several years in fact, and, I'll admit to having experienced some nerves in the early going as I entered the mall, not knowing what to expect. And guess what happened....absolutely nothing. No stares, odd looks or double takes as I walked at a slow and casual pace past scores of people, my first stop was to the comic book shop which was always the first place I went when I traveled to KOP. Twenty or so minutes later, I was off to the mall's food court for lunch which was positively packed with diners, but I waded my way to a pizza place for two slices of pepperoni and a bottle of water. Weaving through the crowd, I found an empty table, sat down, removed my jacket and ate, after lunch, I packed up, left the food court and went about strolling through the mall at a slow leisurely pace so I could be seen, and I was, but no one paid me any mind, and that helped to bolster my confidence. Facing the unknown, or the rarely experienced often results in irrational fears of something going wrong, and yes, I felt that concern, but the longer I was in the mall, the more at ease I felt, and the more fun the outing became as I walked the entire mall, window shopping here and there, it's hard to describe just how enjoyable it was.

Before I knew it, I had spent little over three hours in the mall, and I was amazed at just how easy it had been to wander through a huge mall in a skirt and women's boots and not attract a lick of attention the whole time, if anything, it made me wonder why I hadn't done this much sooner than this while again making me think that there's just about nowhere I can't go in women's clothes and footwear. As I left the mall, I was already formulating plans for a future outing at KOP, perhaps a skirt that ends above the knee, and since fall is here, maybe I could take a chance on wearing my two plus inch heeled booties and see what might happen. I figure it should be a blast. More to come....

Jaunt #338, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #338, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Again, a well done great look.  You're going to make me a fan of longer skirts.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

I was amazed at just how easy it had been to wander through a huge mall in a skirt and women's boots and not attract a lick of attention the whole time,

JeffB look at your pictures.  You (and the regulars on this board) see a guy in a skirt and boots, but to a casual observer it is real easy to miss the guy part.

Consider the following images from Good Housekeeping  One  Two  Three

Your just another one of the gals. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

3 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Again, a well done great look.  You're going to make me a fan of longer skirts.

JeffB look at your pictures.  You (and the regulars on this board) see a guy in a skirt and boots, but to a casual observer it is real easy to miss the guy part.

Consider the following images from Good Housekeeping  One  Two  Three

Your just another one of the gals. :penitent:

I do like your style, but you are missing earrings TBH. I think a more youthful skirt will suit you, but I enjoy your jaunts. I know of a guy in Southampton who doesn't even bother to trim his 5 o clock shadow before donning a micro mini corduroy skirt and green tights before going on his jaunts, people mention his, erm, "interesting wardrobe". Still, you make an effort and look smart. I think as you blend in, no one's going to object, though a more masculine top, even a polo shirt teamed with a pencil skirt or a men's sweater would make more of a distinction that they are looking at a guy in a skirt :cheeky:

Look forward to your next ensemble, but I never was a fan of button down skirts as I fear of wardrobe malfunctions when crossing my legs :P 

1 hour ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I do like your style, but you are missing earrings TBH.

I think you meant TBG and I'm not missing earrings as I do occasionally wear them.   However, earrings and fem glasses frames (which I have suggested) probably don't fit into JeffB's goal of, "I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!".  I was just pointing out that JeffB's short hair style is close to a style some females wear so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that he doesn't attract too much attention when he just gets a quick glance from a casual observer, especially from the back.  The other possibilities are that all the folks in the KOP mall are too wrapped up in themselves they wouldn't notice anything, or it is the most tolerant collection of people ever assembled.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Just one of the gals, eh? Hmm, intriguing! Perhaps you might be onto something, especially after seeing those pictures you provided. And I'm glad I've gotten you interested in longer skirts. As for folks in the suburbs being self absorbed, I'd say that's a possibility for my having gone ignored, or perhaps I had been mistaken for female. By the way, TBH is slang for "To Be Honest".

heelsrus2000: Earrings? Nahhh! Not my style. Nor is facial hair when out and about, that just doesn't appeal to me as I firmly believe I present a nicer image when clean shaven. As for wearing men's attire while out and about, not my thing either, other than jackets (and I'm seeking to replace those), I'm all about women's clothing from top to bottom.

• Like 1

Nice look JeffB. When you exhibit confidence wearing your choice of clothing, no one is going to care if you are a man.. I exhibit the same confidence, when I'm out and about too. Maybe I don't wear a skirt as much as you do, but I'm totally confident wearing women's skinny, black jeans, with a  pink top and a pair of  3" block heel booties, which I wore Saturday, while shopping at two big malls in my area. The malls were crowded with shoppers and no one really paid me any attention, especially wearing a pink top, which really stood out, but what the heck, October is for wearing  pink  for "Breast Cancer Awareness". I get lots of thank-you's from the ladies for wearing pink.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I think you meant TBG and I'm not missing earrings as I do occasionally wear them.   However, earrings and fem glasses frames (which I have suggested) probably don't fit into JeffB's goal of, "I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!".  I was just pointing out that JeffB's short hair style is close to a style some females wear so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that he doesn't attract too much attention when he just gets a quick glance from a casual observer, especially from the back.  The other possibilities are that all the folks in the KOP mall are too wrapped up in themselves they wouldn't notice anything, or it is the most tolerant collection of people ever assembled.

Haha, I did mean TBH as in To Be Honest - earrings will go with the clothes, but as he says, not his style. But some women don't peirce their ears or have never done so, so Jeff fits in that segment. A little relaxer (hair straightener black girls use) may be on the horizon :P

But if you walk about nervous, and unsure or furtive then you will garner stares as a guy dressed as a woman. So his sassy attitude  (as displayed by loads of black women) will mean very few will challenge the way he is dressed. I admire the confidence though I think some shots out and about rather than the usual bedroom window would be great! Asking a passers-by to take my picture helped me start conversations with others when I started my brief jaunts while skirted. I took advice and tried to improve my look and I think Jeff looks great.

Sorry Jeff for talking about you like you are not there, I think the next step is to go to work in your skirt, the first time was nervous for me but a knee length black pencil skirt and black tights generally went unnoticed  (a few teasing remarks from colleagues but they lost interest after 10 minutes), and I wore flats rather than heels... this was on a dress down Friday and I forewarned my boss...

Once again,  you look great, even though button down skirts are not my bag :P

• Like 1

Once again Jeff you have assembled a chic and stylish ensemble that would make anybody with interest in being well dressed seething with jealousy. You make it look as if you've simply walked up to the cupboard grabbed the first thing that came to hand, &, voila, an awesome outfit. I think that the reason that you tend to be ignored is the quality of the outfit. People possibly see well dressed person & not a man in woman's clothing. Now if you were wearing a pink stretch knit strappy dress, black fishnets & stiletto heeled platforms with a metallic gold handbag they may notice you :cheeky:.

• Like 1

bluejay: I do as best I can. Confidence is important, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do what I do, and it's fun to feel just like everyone else while out and about.

heelsrus2000: Thanks for the kind words. Relaxer? Nahhh! Not worth the trouble. As for taking pictures while out and about, I've thought about that Friday m time to time, but I'm not the type to want to bother someone over something as trivial as picture taking, I'm content to just come and go as I please. Still, I haven't ruled that out. One day, perhaps. As for wearing skirts to work, nope, I keep business and pleasure separate, and I save my women's wear for having fun, nothing more, nothing less. Lastly, I've never had trouble with my button down skirts, and they're quite stylish.

CPB: I appreciate the compliment. I take great pride in putting together outfits that not only look good on me, but makes me feel good as well because I love being stylish. I suppose that because I'm dressed as well as I am, people don't bother taking any interest in me, perhaps, like Thighbootguy mentioned previously, passersby mistake me for being female. I'm cool with that.

Although I first wore heels in public back in August 2009, up until August 2016 it was just for charity.

Only during the last couple of months have i started to wear heels everday. i have a few i can choose from but i normally wear my boots or peeptoe sandal boots.

idont care if people star or grin at me and they can say what they want.  i dont care and i dont get embarresed in any way.  nothing is going to put me off wearing my heels in public.

I have ventured into all sorts of places. pubs, clubs, shops and even a busy builders merchant. I cant wear my heels to work as im a gardener but my business partner is also a singer and i set up his equipment so i also wear my heels when my mate has a gig.

• Like 3

Good for you, krazykev! There's no reason whatsoever why we should feel embarrassed about what we choose to wear in public. Keep up the good work!

Jaunt #339, 10/29/2016: A few days earlier, I swapped out my tank tops and short sleeved shirts for long sleeved shirts and sweaters, and wouldn't you know, temps would reach 70 after a chilly start, and because it was a wee bit nippy, I went with my blue denim jacket over a long sleeved red t-shirt, a 24 inch black skirt, gray tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a black satchel bag. I've said before that the booties are nice to wear, comfortable, and the 2 1/2 block heels were delightfully loud on the pavement, making these shoes a treat to wear. My first start of the day was to the main branch of the Post Office for a money order, had a bit of a wait in line before I made it to the counter and made my purchase. From there, it was off to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop for the week's newest books and friendly chatting about the Eagles and Sixers.

Returning to my car, I motored over into South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area where I had lunch at Boston Market. Here's some free advice: the next time you visit Boston Market, ask for the mac and cheese as a side with your meal, that stuff is outstanding! My next stop was to the mall itself and the multiplex to see The Accountant, a pretty good actioner starring Ben Affleck as a highly functioning autistic number cruncher and assassin. It's one of those suspend your belief sort of movies, but it made for good watching. My last stop of the day was to the Cherry Hill Mall to wander around the place and be seen, after my successful outing at King of Prussia, I thought I'd try my luck again, and even though Cherry Hill is smaller than KOP, it was still a busy and crowded place on a Saturday afternoon. Now, while my skirt was shorter than the one I wore last Saturday and my heels were higher, not to mention louder, plus the addition of tights that accented my legs, the end result was the same: no one paid me any attention or gave me odd looks or glances, once again, I came and went as I pleased, casually strolling the length of the mall, I even stopped along the way to sit in a chair and fiddle on my phone with no commotion whatsoever.

After last Saturday's outing, Thighbootguy called me "just one of the gals", and while I wouldn't go so far as to think I could be mistaken for being female, I must admit, I found that to be an intriguing possibility. After all, I dress like a woman, and I make a note to walk, stand, sit (smoothing my skirt when I do) and cross my legs like a woman while in public, and that's something I take just as much pride in as I do my attire, it's all part of my presentation, one that I thoroughly enjoy putting on display for the world to see. So, doing jaunts in large, crowded malls isn't all that big a deal as long as I dress appropriately and carry myself properly, that said, I'll have to do it again in the future as I find it to be fun. More to come....

Jaunt #339, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #339, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 3

Great look again JeffB.  I am hoping you are still looking for a cropped denim jacket.  I think it would work well with that outfit.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Thighbootguy called me "just one of the gals", and while I wouldn't go so far as to think I could be mistaken for being female, I must admit, I found that to be an intriguing possibility.

I maintain that this is all about how you mentally see yourself.  The full length mirror test is about liking what you see and seeing what others will see, but the next step is how you mentally see the image you are presenting.  That mental image governs how you act, part of which is acting confidently, but if you see a female image you will act differently than if you see a male image.  A guy probably wouldn't think to cross his legs or smooth his skirt and a gal probably wouldn't take as long a stride as a gal.  When I go out wearing jeans and OTK boots I see myself as a guy in boots but when I dawn a skirt and hose I generally see a gal or a crossdresser in boots.  The interesting part is the world, through my eyes, looks the same and I have to keep reminding myself how the rest of the world is seeing me (and how I want to be seen).

TBG: Funny you should mention jackets. While I was at the Cherry Hill Mall, I swung by JCPenney and tried on a few such jackets, but they were too small for me, even the extra large size. Bummer. Ahh, the mental image, eh? Interesting. Everything you said made perfect sense as I do seek to comport myself like a woman while in public, all part of the image I want to present. Perhaps you're right, perhaps I should try to see myself as female when I look at myself in a mirror.

Jaunt #340, 10/30/2016: Who'd a thunk that here in the northeast, I'd be wearing short sleeves and sandals on the day before Halloween. But, that was the case today as the weather was unseasonably warm, reaching a high of nearly 80 with a goodly amount of sunshine, giving me an excuse to head out on a short outing in a black short sleeved blouse with lace sleeves, a 26 inch, gray knit a-line skirt, the Payless "Sinclair" platform wedge sandals in black and a black handbag. With the Eagles in Dallas for Sunday night football, I had an excuse to motor into center city, stopping first at Starbucks where I enjoyed a light lunch and read from my Barnes & Noble nook for little over an hour. Afterwards, I drove to the Rittenhouse Square area, parked about a block away from the park itself, then did something different, with scores of people out and about enjoying the weather while ignoring me, I headed to One Liberty Square and it's relatively new observation deck.

The building is little under 900 feet tall, and an observation deck had opened at the top several months ago, I had been meaning to visit there but never got around to until today. After slapping down a twenty dollar admission fee, the elevator took a few short minutes to reach the observation deck, but the brief wait was more than worth it as the view of downtown and beyond was absolutely spectacular, thanks to the sunshine and clear skies, there were nearly two dozen other spectators enjoying the panoramic views while no one paid me any mind, and that was plenty cool in itself. The only regret was that I didn't think to take any pictures to share. Bummer. After little over half an hour, I went back down to the street and strolled back to Rittenhouse Square Park, it should be noted that the skirt, one of three I bought at Sears (the other colors being black and plaid) was so light and airy, it felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all, clearly, this sort of skirt was tailor made for spring and summer, but since it was so warm today, I was able to pull it off, and, like all my skirts, it was fun to wear.

I had time to kill to sit on a bench at the park, typically crowded on a Sunday afternoon, fiddle around on my phone and watch the world go by while I was observed by passersby. All in all, it was a delightful outing as I did something new in a new skirt and a pair of heels I thought I wouldn't wear again until next spring. Go figure. More to come....

Jaunt #340, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #340, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

At the point of repeating myself... Great look JeffB.  Maybe add a neck scarf?

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

perhaps I should try to see myself as female when I look at myself in a mirror.

Nah don't try to do that.  Just maybe one day you will look in a mirror and kazango you will see a female image looking back.  (Kazango is a Johnny Hart, author of the BC comic strip, word that he used to describe the sound of lightening stricking nearby.)   At least that's what happened to me and I was quite surprised, and not displeased.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 9:22 AM, JeffB said:

Jaunt #339, 10/29/2016: A few days earlier, I swapped out my tank tops and short sleeved shirts for long sleeved shirts and sweaters, and wouldn't you know, temps would reach 70 after a chilly start, and because it was a wee bit nippy, I went with my blue denim jacket over a long sleeved red t-shirt, a 24 inch black skirt, gray tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a black satchel bag.

Jaunt #339, outfit-2.jpg

Absolutely love this look! You've nailed it with the grey tights and the skirt is so nice! Don't worry about what image is presented, if you dress, comport yourself, adopt mannerisms etc that is seen as female, then so be it! It must have been so natural and not forced, that no one notices anymore. When we are just busy enjoying ourselves and not worrying what others think we relax and that's where the successful jaunts are! :cheeky:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

At the point of repeating myself... Great look JeffB.  Maybe add a neck scarf?

Nah don't try to do that.  Just maybe one day you will look in a mirror and kazango you will see a female image looking back.  (Kazango is a Johnny Hart, author of the BC comic strip, word that he used to describe the sound of lightening stricking nearby.)   At least that's what happened to me and I was quite surprised, and not displeased.

A scarf, eh? Hmm! That might be worth a try if I can figure out how to work one. I'll have to study up on that. And yes, I'm familiar with B.C.

11 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

Absolutely love this look! You've nailed it with the grey tights and the skirt is so nice! Don't worry about what image is presented, if you dress, comport yourself, adopt mannerisms etc that is seen as female, then so be it! It must have been so natural and not forced, that no one notices anymore. When we are just busy enjoying ourselves and not worrying what others think we relax and that's where the successful jaunts are! :cheeky:

Thanks for the kind words. I thought the gray tights made for a nice touch, given how cool it was that morning, I thought that legwear was a must, but wanted contrast between that, the skirt and booties. Being properly fashionable is important to me. And yes, I do practice female mannerisms at home (walking, standing, sitting, etc) and, after a while now, it's become pretty much second nature to me, and makes my outings all the more enjoyable.

Jaunt #341, 11/5/2016: Sometimes, the impetus for an outing consists of nothing more than experimenting with outfits I put together, then take out into public for a spin. Yesterday was one such example as I headed out on a sunny and slightly nippy Saturday wearing my black faux jacket over a blue crewneck sweater, a 26 inch Liz Claiborne faux suede pencil skirt from JCPenney, black tights and the Payless "Martinez" booties which I've really come to love wearing, in fact, I ordered a second pair in tan which I'll show off soon. Since I often spend as much as an hour or more matching tops, bottoms, legwear and footwear, even handbags before I decide on something I like, it's important I look my best before I leave the house, sure, I don't deny there are time when I look to be overdressed at times for outings, but it's great fun to look good.

Anyhoo, I headed downtown so I could be seen, after parking the car, my first stop to was to a show repair shop half a block away to have new heel tips put on my Pleaser knee boots so they'll be ready for the season, then, I strolled down the street to Rittenhouse Square and Barnes & Noble where I spent a good twenty minutes or so before leaving with the newest issue of Sports Illustrated, then from there, I casual stroll down Walnut Street, crowded with shoppers and pedestrians, as usual, and I know this must sound old and tired to everyone here after all this time, no one gave me so much as the time of day, and I've gotten used to that, let's me know I'm doing something right. My next stop was to One Liberty Place for lunch, it was crowded there too as I chose Bain's Deli and a corned beef special with a bottle of water. Delightful! After lunch, I left and returned to the shoe shop to pick up my boots, then I headed over the Ben Franklin Bridge to the multiplex across from the Cherry Hill Mall to watch Doctor Strange. Because the latest Dreamworks animated feature, Trolls also was playing, there was a boatload of young kids and toddlers in the building to see that movie, and more than a few gave me looks, but, I was used to that and ignored the stares. As for the film I saw, great stuff, Benedict Cumberbatch was terrific as the Master of the Mystic Arts.

At the end of the day, it was good to have put together a nice outfit, gone out in public and enjoyed the day, having been treated just like everyone else. That's what I love most about my outings. More to come....

Jaunt #341, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #341, outfit-2.jpg

58 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Since I often spend as much as an hour or more matching tops, bottoms, legwear and footwear, even handbags before I decide on something I like, it's important I look my best before I leave the house, sure

An hour well spent. The outfit looks good and I really like the booties (short though they are).  As an FYI, my eye immediately went to the blue sweater (contrast draws attention) so anyone seeing you from the front might not have noticed the skirt and heels.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 6:36 AM, Thighbootguy said:

An hour well spent. The outfit looks good and I really like the booties (short though they are).  As an FYI, my eye immediately went to the blue sweater (contrast draws attention) so anyone seeing you from the front might not have noticed the skirt and heels.

Then I guess I did something right! Heh!

Jaunt #342, 11/8/2016: After having performed by democratic duty early in the morning by going to the polling place to vote, I decided to reward myself with an outing, mainly because I had ordered a pair of the Payless "Martinez" booties in tan and they arrived yesterday, so I took them out for a spin, matching them with my favorite denim jacket over a black, long sleeved t-shirt, a shin length crinkle skirt in taupe and a short strap black satchel. I was eager to figure out what color skirt would work best with the new booties and thought that the taupe number was my best bet. I'm thinking I might look for a straight brown knee lengther to match with the booties. We shall see on that score the next time I go shopping. As everyone here knows, I'm fairly well fanatical about making sure I look my best for my public outings.

With plenty of sunshine and temps in the mid to upper 60's, my first stop was to the Starbucks store in University City where I spent an hour reading from my Barnes & Noble nook™ while nursing a cup of iced tea, then I headed downtown where it only took ten minutes to find a parking space, considering more often than not it usually takes twice as long, I thought of myself as lucky. I strolled leisurely down to One Liberty Place for lunch, the streets were crowded as was the food court at OLP, deciding on Subway for lunch, going with a six inch tuna salad sandwich with a bottle of water, making for a tasty meal. Leaving the building, I strolled around the downtown area with no particular place to go, I simply wanted to be seen by the world at large, and to enjoy the sharp, loud sound of the 2 1/2 inch heels of my booties on the pavement, to me, that's pure music to my ears. My wanderings brought me to Rittenhouse Square Park where I sat on a bench fiddling on my iPhone for a solid half hour, the only lifeform that took any interest in me the whole time was a cute beagle who, with his human in tow (a middle aged woman), waddled up to me, looking all sorts of friendly, so I let him sniff my hand then and scratched behind his ears, the lady chuckled and said that George liked me, and we got a good chuckle out of that.

So, when only a dog noticed me, that says I've succeeded in being able to blend in with my surroundings. Every time I go out, I learn something new, both about myself in how I present myself in public, and the world in how it perceives me and accepts my appearance. More to come....

Jaunt #342, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #342, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeffB said:

deciding on Subway for lunch, going with a six inch tuna salad sandwich with a bottle of water, making for a tasty meal.

The color combination looks good but the skirt makes you look like you should have skipped lunch.:penitent:  The top of the skirt flairs out and that does not flatter your figure.

Glad you voted... it gives you license to complain/rejoyce about the results (in another forum).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

The color combination looks good but the skirt makes you look like you should have skipped lunch.:penitent:  The top of the skirt flairs out and that does not flatter your figure.

Glad you voted... it gives you license to complain/rejoyce about the results (in another forum).

I would have voted that a straight skirt would have come up Trumps with those booties :silly: this one just is unflattering and destined for the thrift shop IMHO :nono: do the booties come in brown? Might have been a safer bet. Autumn leaves and muck from the street may tarnish these. They are cute though, but better suited to a beige pencil dress teamed with brown gloss tights :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Skipped lunch, eh? Maybe I should have. HA! As for the election, the less said about that, the better.

11 hours ago, heelsrus2000 said:

I would have voted that a straight skirt would have come up Trumps with those booties :silly: this one just is unflattering and destined for the thrift shop IMHO :nono: do the booties come in brown? Might have been a safer bet. Autumn leaves and muck from the street may tarnish these. They are cute though, but better suited to a beige pencil dress teamed with brown gloss tights :) 

Thanks for the comments. Every time I put together an outfit, I learn lessons about fashion, I understand that I was bound to throw in a clunker, hopefully, I won't repeat that mistake in the future. As for the booties, they just come in black and tan.

23 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Skipped lunch, eh? Maybe I should have. HA! As for the election, the less said about that, the better.

Thanks for the comments. Every time I put together an outfit, I learn lessons about fashion, I understand that I was bound to throw in a clunker, hopefully, I won't repeat that mistake in the future. As for the booties, they just come in black and tan.

As an outsider from Aus i am at times staggered, amazed, dismayed, frightened and overwhelmed by this 2 year road show that is an election. 

Part of me wants to comment but i think it wiser to say naught. (My grandmother taught me, if you can't say something nice then say nothing)

likewise as a male who only pervs on bums n skirts and does not wear them i will also leave that alone.

The booties i feel confident to comment on, to me they are fine. If they are from payless then they are for day to day wear in all situations. They look comfy and neat  

well done

now the countdown is on 1461 days till you can vote again !

• Like 1

Regards

James

Jaunt #343, 11/11/2016: Having the day off, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy an outing, with sunshine and temps in the upper 50's, I opted for my trusty blue denim jacket over a long sleeved magenta t-shirt, a 27 inch light knit a-line skirt in black, black tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties in black and a short strap black leather satchel. Yes, I know I seem to be in something of a rut when it comes to my footwear, but damn, I just LOVE wearing those booties, while the style is nice, I can't get enough of that deliciously loud and no nonsense clicking sound their heels make on the pavement.

My destination was Parx Casino where I hadn't been in awhile, even if it means traversing I-95 through the city which seems to be in a perpetual state of being overhauled. But that was just a small inconvenience as it took about thirty minutes to arrive at the slot parlor, it was a little after 11 a.m. when I entered the building, and there was a pretty good crowd for a Friday, in fact, I daresay the place was packed, I picked the Wizard of Oz one cent machine, and, after some twenty minutes, I kinda got lucky with a seventy dollar haul. WHOO! Pocketing those winnings, I went to the food court to celebrate with a light lunch of a sandwich and a bottle of water, then I returned to the gaming floor where I spent the next hour plus drifting from machine to machine, winning a little here, losing a little there, by the time I finally left the place I was ahead by some fifty bucks. Not exactly a retirement nest egg, but I don't go to places like Parx to get rich, just to have fun, and if I manage to put a few extra dollars in my purse, so much the better.

Driving back into town, I stopped at Rittenhouse Square for a bit as I wanted to go to the Apple Store to check out the brand new Macbook Pro which boasted of being lighter, thinner and faster than ever, it certainly did look awfully cool, but at a starting price of $1,499.99 for the 13 inch model, I think I can live without it, at least until I win the Powerball Lottery for that mythical obscene amount of money before I think of investing in one. From there, I wandered the downtown area, looking to be seen, which I was, but with no interaction with passerby, other a brief glance here and there, nothing more. It's just so much fun to wander around that area, take in the sights and enjoy being in public in the clothes I enjoy wearing. More to come....

Jaunt #343, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #343, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. Learning the intracacies of women's fashion at such an advanced age is an ongoing education, and there's bound to be the occasional flubbed lesson here and there. But I like to think I'm a willing pupil when it comes to my studies. Heh!  :giggle:

There are two separate looks at discussion here.  One, Cat's stunning appearance, that shows him as male from the the neck up, and JeffB's more mature female appearance-- especially aided by his short hair-- that"work."  Both of them, due to/because of the care/preparation they both take, elicit compliments on their taste and appearance rather than ridicule and derision usually associated with men wearing women's clothes in public with more casual preparation.  

This, in no way detracts from the other members efforts to dressing similarly.  It's just that I'm more familiar with their technique.  Huge lesson, do your "prep" work and exercise knowledgeable care in selection of wardrobe and accessories.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.