The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jaunt #380, 7/8/2017: A week into July and the weather has been a tad unpredictable, sunny one day, rainy the next, but conditions were good today for a jaunt to the King of Prussia Mall, attired in a dark olive shirt, a dark gray denim pencil skirt, the Payless “Stacia” low wedge sandals in black and a black satchel bag. After a previous trip to KOP wearing those sandals, I rather enjoyed the experience and was eager to take advantage of the opportunity a second time, the whole outfit was designed to look casual and feel comfortable, and I succeeded at both, especially the latter, and that was important to me as summer meanders along with its heat and humidity.

Arriving at the mall a little after eleven a.m., I hopped out and strolled into the mall where, predictably, my appearance was met by total indifference which has become par for the course on my outings at KOP, and I found that refreshing. My first stop was to a comic book shop where several employees and their friends were cosplaying as superheroes for a raffle being held in the store, I saw Spider-Man, Green Arrow, Captain America and a guy in an elaborate version of Iron Man’s armor. Compared to those folks, a guy in a skirt like me was dull and boring as hell. After leaving there, I walked down to the food court which was packed as it was just before twelve, I dined on a six inch ham sandwich and a bottle of water from Subway while the only stare a got was from a little girl who sat six feet away, that was it. From there, I headed off to JCPenney as the store was in the final stages of its store closing sale, surprisingly, I didn't find anything I liked, so I left.

I wound up spending nearly four hours at the mall which is typical for time spent at KOP and no one gave me a second glance the whole time, which was plenty cool. I guess that my appearance, always tasteful and appropriate doesn't warrant any attention from the public, and yes, there were times when I wondered, “Is it really THIS easy?”, and the answer is a definite YES! It is that easy to freestyle in a huge mall as long as you don't look odd, strange or out of place, and I mean to continue having fun as a freestyler at malls. More to come....

Jaunt #380, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #380, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice look, Jeff! Perhaps the little girl in the Food Court was staring at your sandwich out of jealousy, lol :lol: You look super casual, this is the look I go for when shopping.i guess the more confident we become, the less anxious we look, and people pick up on anxious vibes.I guess one could look furtive and jumpy in trousers or jeans and people would stare, so just go out and be confident. It's not an outlandish outfit, just a skirt and top, so it's not going to catch the attention of most people anymore. Especially as the world of fashion seems to be embracing men's skirts, thought it's a while for it to reach the shops from the catwalks, it is happening little by little :cheeky:

Looking forward to your next jaunt for inspiration! Something just as youthful, please :P 

• Like 1

SkirtDude: The anxiety tends to come from not knowing what we'll encounter while out in public, and those imaginary fears leads to the skittishness that people pick up on. However, by displaying calmness and confidence, perhaps even a blasé attitude helps us get by while freestyling, and that's important. 

nzfreestyler: I've come to take every aspect of my appearance seriously, and that includes making sure my accessories look right. But, I'm still learning what works and what doesn't, it's an ongoing process.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, JeffB said:

SkirtDude: The anxiety tends to come from not knowing what we'll encounter while out in public, and those imaginary fears leads to the skittishness that people pick up on. However, by displaying calmness and confidence, perhaps even a blasé attitude helps us get by while freestyling, and that's important. 

nzfreestyler: I've come to take every aspect of my appearance seriously, and that includes making sure my accessories look right. But, I'm still learning what works and what doesn't, it's an ongoing process.

Thanks for the kind words. I think I will employ the blase attitude more while I am out and about freestyling. I am sure you have another jaunt planned with a fabulous skirt :)

• Like 1

Jaunt #381, 7/16/2017: There are times when I want to dress up and look fancy, and then there are other times when I prefer to go the purely casual route. Today was a case of the latter as I went out for the day in a blue shirt with a lace insert, an 18 inch khaki chino skirt, my new Payless “Mara” flat sandals in tan and a brown handbag. Yes, I know this website is all about high heels, but I'm all about the complete image as a fashion freestyler, besides, I love wearing flat sandals, and these shoes, which you can see below were cute and comfortable. Meanwhile, I'm somewhat irked hat I don't have a tan handbag to go with the shoes, but I'll take care of that oversight as soon as I can.

So, dressed casually, I headed out to Springfield and Home Depot as I had a task to complete, buying an outdoor planter to place in front of my house. While I don't have a green thumb, I'll figure something out as I've been curious about having a planter. It took me a good twenty minutes or so to decide on a planter I wanted, but I found one that suited my needs, and it was on sale for twenty bucks, and, after adding potting soil to the haul, I was on my way. Or rather, I was off to Acme next door to buy a couple of things, then it was off to downtown for fun and frolic. Arriving downtown, it took just ten minutes to find a parking spot some two blocks from Rittenhouse Square Park, but my first stop was to One Liberty Square for lunch, even though it was noticeably warm, I was cool and comfy in my short skirt, I can't understand why more guys don't wear skirts which beats shorts for comfort hands down on hot days. At OLS, I had a turkey club salad with a bottle of water from Saladworks, both of which I enjoyed. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention, no one paid me any notice. Big surprise, huh?

And that lack of attention continued on my way from OLS along crowded streets to the park when I found a bench in a shady spot where I seethed down to read my latest e-book, The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone, a 1950’s style sci-fi creature feature set in the modern day about mankind being threatened by hordes of carnivorous spiders, and so far, it's been a good read. Perhaps I'll dress up for my next Sunday jaunt, but, for today, it felt good to dress down while enjoying the short skirt I wore and the new flat sandals. More to come....

Jaunt #381, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #381, outfit-3.jpg

mara.jpg

• Like 3

Hey JeffB

neat outfit. Blue is a great colour for you and pairs with the skirt and sandals so well.

I hear what you say about no high heels on this jaunt - I'm a big fan of heels, but the more we wear heels, the less we wear flats, the heels become more ordinary, flats become atypical, a little more interesting maybe? I can't express it that well, but only by wearing heels more & more do we appreciate the beauty of pretty flats too!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Much appreciated. While I still love heels, flat sandals have become great fun for me as well.

Jaunt #382, 7/17/2017: As fate would have it, I was afforded an opportunity to go out on a brief outing to the Best Buy in Springfield when I got an email saying that an external hard drive I ordered that morning was ready for pickup at the store, so I decided to turn an otherwise dull run into an outing. Just like yesterday, I went casual because the mid-afternoon heat made me lazy, so I went with a black tank top, my gray miniskirt with the distressed hem, the Payless “Noble” flat sandals in black and a black handbag, nothing special because I didn't feel like wearing anything special.

Despite the icky heat and humidity, I felt nice and cool in my outfit, especially the skirt while it felt good to wear those flat sandals, after all, I seek to blend in with my surroundings through the outfits I wear, it’s exceedingly rare to see women wearing heels on casual outings (in fact, more often than not, they wear flip-flops, something I will NEVER do), so, why should I, right? Anyhoo, I arrived at the store some twenty minutes later, hopped out of the car and strolled in, picked up my order, lollygaged in the aisles for ten to fifteen minutes, then paid for my order and left.  On my way back home, I was feeling thirsty, so I stopped off at McDonald’s for a refreshing cup of iced tea which I enjoyed in the store before hopping back in the car and driving home.

Short and sweet, but enjoyable like all my outings, particularly since I didn't plan my trip well in advance and fiddled around for an hour beforehand assembling an outfit, I just threw on a top and skirt, slipped on sandals, stuffed things in a handbag, put on earrings (I don't feel dressed without them now) and left. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, by the way, to explain the pose in the second picture, I’ve probably mentioned that I wear a body briefer to keep a middle aged belly in check, but, I've been on a diet regimen and, thanks to cutting out junk food and hitting the gym regularly, I've lost thirty pounds since May 1st. In that picture, I wore no briefer, what you see is my natural, slimmed down midsection. Not bad, eh? More to come....

Jaunt #382, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #382, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great! Congrats on the weight loss! You'll find that the cuter skirts are in smaller sizes, I'm lucky enough to be a UK10 (US size 6?), so there's loads to choose from ebay :P

That's a nice casual outfit as well. You never mention stares as much as before, so fashion freedom must be common in your part of the world! :cheeky: I've always like the frayed hem skirts. I need another grey denim skirt you've inspired me to get looking for one :lol: 

Did you pierce your ears or are they clip-ons? 

Thanks for the kind words. The gray skirt I wore on Monday came from Primark and I like it a lot as it's versatile as I've worn it with flats and heels, bare legged and with tights, I've worn it in the summer and in the middle of winter. No, I don't get any stares while out and about, I can only assume the public accepts my presentation, or that a guy in a skirt is no big deal. As for the earrings, they're clip-on, I'm not ready to get my ears pierced, at least not right now.

From far you look like a friend of mine, a black women about the same age as you, but with less hair than you. She unfortunately had breast cancer and the chemo afterwards took her hair. That was about 4 years ago. She is still doing fine but has no hair. Occasionally she will wear a fashionable hat but mostly it is hairless.

• Like 1

Jaunt #383, 7/23/2017: Originally, I was going to go to King of Prussia on Saturday, but the weather was so icky hot and humid, I just didn't have the strength to bother, so I didn't. However, conditions were a good deal more comfortable the next day, giving me the proper incentive to head out to do a couple of errands, garbed once again in purely casual attire: a turquoise tank top, a denim miniskirt which I paired with a white belt, a brand new pair of flat sandals (“Parsley”) in white from Payless and a handbag to match. I think I've arrived at the point in my evolution as a freestyler that I don't consider my outings as any big deal, I simply put on the clothes I choose to wear, slip on shoes, toss stuff in a handbag, clip on earrings and took off to care care of business, nothing more, nothing less. And that's the way it should be.

My destination was Springfield and Home Depot, while it was still a tad sticky and humid, even without sunshine, I still felt nice and comfortable in my short skirt, and the new shoes were both easy and fun to wear as the notion of wearing heels never once entered my mind. Oh, by the by, I have the “Parsley” sandals in tan and black, look to see me in them as summer progresses. I was at Home Depot to buy a tire inflator for myself to keep in the trunk of my car, and an outdoor planter for a neighbor who liked the one I bought last week and wanted one of his own, and, at just ten bucks, it wasn't a huge expenditure. From there, I headed down the road to Best Buy for some good natured gadget ogling for a solid twenty minutes before heading to the register with a Blu-Ray copy of Kong: Skull Island. My last stop of the day was to McDonalds for lunch where I had a salad and a bottle of water before I returned home.

While I love dressing up just as much as the next woman, going casual is great fun too as I can let my hair down and be totally free and easy, something that felt incredibly good. And by giving off that particular vibe, no one pays any notice to what I'm wearing, because I go out of my way to make it no big deal, I'm just out and about and doing my thing like everybody else. As Frank Sinatra once sang, that's life. More to come....

Jaunt #383, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #383, outfit-2.jpg

parsley.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, nz! I take pride in my legs and how good they look in a short skirt. As for the coordination, I work hard at that as well since I take my appearance as a freestyler seriously, even when I wear a casual outfit.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Thanks for the kind words, nz! I take pride in my legs and how good they look in a short skirt. As for the coordination, I work hard at that as well since I take my appearance as a freestyler seriously, even when I wear a casual outfit.

Yes. But even though you say casual - you sport an organised casual, which I respect and commend you for! You're right that you take your appearance seriously, we all should, as confidence swells if we look good, and thats what we need for ourselves and the future of others who may follow.

• Like 1

nzfreestyler: Well, I do pay a great deal of attention to my appearance because I strive to look my very best. I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't. And yes, I agree that I do blaze trails for others to follow through my experiences in public as a freestyler, and that's a good feeling.

Lawrence: I don't have enough hair to let it grow, so I don't worry about it. When I go out in a skirt or dress, I only want to look like me.

• Like 3

I agree Jeff,,,,, I want to look like me just a guy in a skirt and heels not someone else.   No problem with someone who wants to look or "the part" or fully dress, just not my thing 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 8:10 AM, Lawrence said:

If I were you (and I know I'm not) I woukd sure be growing my hair out.  If I am going to go about dressed in a skirt or dress I want to look the part.  That's just me though.

Jeff is, despite his trailblazing attire, the Master of blending in. There are not many women in Jeff's age bracket with long hair, at least not in this country. It would truly shock me if Jeff suddenly wanted long hair!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CAT said:

I agree Jeff,,,,, I want to look like me just a guy in a skirt and heels not someone else.   No problem with someone who wants to look or "the part" or fully dress, just not my thing 

Same here. I'm perfectly happy with how I present myself in public.

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Jeff is, despite his trailblazing attire, the Master of blending in. There are not many women in Jeff's age bracket with long hair, at least not in this country. It would truly shock me if Jeff suddenly wanted long hair!

Regarding hair, it's enough to have any at all, given my age. Heck, I'm surprised I haven't started going bald!  :giggle:

Jaunt #384, 7/25/2017: An empty toner cartridge on my printer lead to yesterday’s brief outing. You see, my cousin is a landlord for a couple of properties and she has me print out leases for new tenants, well, I was tasked with printing a lease but wasn’t able to do so because my toner cartridge ran out of juice. Since I promised her a lease, I had to go to a computer store in the sticks to buy a replacement, so I decided to turn that into an outing, garbed in a light purple tank top, a dark denim miniskirt, yet another new pair of flat sandals from Payless, they being the “Sunni” in black and gold along with a black handbag.

Yes, I went casual again, because it felt both natural and extremely comfortable, oh, yeah, regarding the skirt, the first time I wore it was several years ago, pairing it with my four inch heeled thigh high boots, I remember being so self-conscious about wearing the darn thing, I was fearful of even bending over, never mind sitting down. But today it’s no big deal as I feel at ease in it, as for the new sandals, they were both cute and comfy, even a little flashy, given the black and gold color combination and were a treat to wear. By the by, I also have those shoes in brown. As for the expedition, it took a little while to get where I was going thanks to late afternoon traffic, but I arrived, hopped out and went in the store where there was a good crowd, as fortune would have it, the cartridge I needed was in stock, but, being a hopeless gadget nut, I still wandered through the store gazing at stuff for a good twenty minutes before I went to the register to pay for my item.

Once again, there was no hesitation about the outfit, I simply put on clothes, MY clothes and went about my business like everyone else, and that’s what makes what I do lots of fun, and isn’t that what freestyling is all about? Lastly, my cousin was pleased with the lease I printed out for her after I got back home. More to come....

Jaunt #384, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #384, outfit-2.jpg

sunni.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeffB said:

Same here. I'm perfectly happy with how I present myself in public.

Regarding hair, it's enough to have any at all, given my age. Heck, I'm surprised I haven't started going bald!  :giggle:

Jaunt #384, 7/25/2017: An empty toner cartridge on my printer lead to yesterday’s brief outing. You see, my cousin is a landlord for a couple of properties and she has me print out leases for new tenants, well, I was tasked with printing a lease but wasn’t able to do so because my toner cartridge ran out of juice. Since I promised her a lease, I had to go to a computer store in the sticks to buy a replacement, so I decided to turn that into an outing, garbed in a light purple tank top, a dark denim miniskirt, yet another new pair of flat sandals from Payless, they being the “Sunni” in black and gold along with a black handbag.

Once again, there was no hesitation about the outfit, I simply put on clothes, MY clothes and went about my business like everyone else, and that’s what makes what I do lots of fun, and isn’t that what freestyling is all about? Lastly, my cousin was pleased with the lease I printed out for her after I got back home. More to come....

Jaunt #384, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #384, outfit-2.jpg

sunni.jpg

Looking great as always! "Sunni" seems a controversial name for sandals, though I've got a pair of their "Shia" ones at home in silver :P  What did your cousin think of your outfit? I think it looks very smart, and I LOVE the purple top! I wish toner carts weren't so expensive. Be warned that the cheap refills can burst and wreck your printer :o 

Looking forward to your next jaunt :cheeky: 

• Like 1

I didn't know ab out the hair handicap.  Sorry.  I was just thinking how nice it would be to look the part.  If you only want to dress as a woman then go for it.  I would prefer to be mistaken for a woman and look the part.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These sandals are very cute

but I really love that denim mini - really nice!

Thanks for the kind words.

20 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The 30 pounds has made a noticeable and positive difference! Do the clothes that you have bought recently still fit?

Yes, they do. And stuff I've had for years and had been, shall I say it, snug, now fits much better.

16 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Looking great as always! "Sunni" seems a controversial name for sandals, though I've got a pair of their "Shia" ones at home in silver :P  What did your cousin think of your outfit? I think it looks very smart, and I LOVE the purple top! I wish toner carts weren't so expensive. Be warned that the cheap refills can burst and wreck your printer :o 

Looking forward to your next jaunt :cheeky: 

Well, my cousin didn't arrive until three hours later and I had already changed. As for the cartridge, I bought one especially for my printer, nothing cheap about it.

15 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I didn't know ab out the hair handicap.  Sorry.  I was just thinking how nice it would be to look the part.  If you only want to dress as a woman then go for it.  I would prefer to be mistaken for a woman and look the part.

Don't sweat it. Like I've said, I like how I look.

• Like 1

Thanks. The black and gold combination was what attracted me to those sandals and I knew they would work for me.

• Like 1