The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Looking fabulous! The chino skirt looks nice as well, though I'd wear it at my hips so it's a little longer. Nice earrings! Looking forward to seeing the whole gang in the shopping mall in their skirts and heels! I'm opening a Go Fund Me page for funds for the plane ticket over :silly: I see you are slowly edging towards a regular pencil skirt as worn by us in the office :roll: A pinstripe one would suit you, with a white blouse and court shoes :) Looking forward to your next jaunt :cheeky:

13 hours ago, JeffB said:

I have to say that the earrings really made my outfit pop and were a perfect accessory to complete my ensemble. Once upon a time, I said I wouldn't leave the house unless I had a handbag on my shoulder, today, I'm fast starting to think I won't feel dressed unless I have earrings on as I've quickly come to enjoy how they look on me. Thanks to Thighbootguy for broadening my horizons when it comes to accessories.

If you are going to be wearing earrings regularly Jeff, you should consider getting your ears pierced.  I have mine done and it opens up many doors accessory wise.  I have heard that clips ons are hard to find, and the selection is terrible.  Plus I have heard they are very uncomfortable, especialy after long wear.  I don't even feel mine and have forgotten many times that I am wearing them.

sf: I guess because King of Prussia is so huge a mall and packed with people, I felt that being there on a jaunt could be, well, challenging, even though that was my seventh time there in a skirt, so perhaps it's not too imposing after all.

SkirtDude: Thanks for the kind words. I do have pencil skirts, I'll get around to wearing them, trust me.

Cali: Yes, some young kids have noticed, but even those are infrequent, so it's no big deal.

Mr. X: I have contemplated having my ears pierced, but, I'm not quite ready to make that big a jump. At least not yet.

Jaunt #378, 6/25/2017: In the aftermath of Saturday morning’s storm, Sunday was sunny, warm and pleasant, giving me the excuse I needed to go out on a jaunt, and because it was Sunday, I decided to dress up, sporting a black crepe blouse, a black and white print skirt, the Payless “Karmen” pumps in black patent and a black handbag. It had been quite some time since I last wore the Karmens, especially during the warm weather months as I've been satisfying my slide and sandal fetish, still, it felt good to wear a proper pair of heels, even if said shoes were only three inchers, but they amped up the style on my outfit, and I wanted to look classy.

My first stop was to Starbucks in the University City area where I relaxed with my e-reader and a tall cup of iced tea for little over an hour, there was a good crowd in the store, I did get a quick glance from a twentysomething guy, but that was it. From there, it was over the bridge and into South Jersey, my destination the multiplex at the Moorestown Mall to see Wonder Woman which I thought was terrific , well worth all the kudos the film has gotten. Driving back into town, I swung by the Rittenhouse Square Park area to relax and get in more reading, Sundays are a great day to be in the park, and to be downtown, especially in spring and summer because the entire area is absolutely alive with throngs of people, and I enjoy being part of that crowd. I put a strut in my walk, enjoying the clicking of my heels on the sidewalk and the atmosphere of the park as I found a bench and sat down to read. After a bout a couple of hours, I retreated to Barnes & Noble to enjoy a croissant and a bottle of water, then returned to my car and headed home.

I had been out for close to seven hours and had a great time, in fact, it was hard to call it a day and go back home because I was enjoying myself and wanted to stay out longer. It was then that I realized just much I loved wearing women's clothes and shoes, and how important being a fashion freestyler had become to me, and how I've embraced that passion like nothing else. But, on the drive back home, I was already planning my next outing and what to wear. I can't wait for the next jaunt. More to come....

Jaunt #378, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #378, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

15 hours ago, JeffB said:

Mr. X: I have contemplated having my ears pierced, but, I'm not quite ready to make that big a jump. At least not yet.

With all you have done and accomplished Jeff, I am suprised that you would consider this a big step lol

• Like 1

Hey JeffB, thats a neat look

I love the midi skirt, your pumps are perfect - I think a midi skirt has to be worn with heels. 3 inches is perfectly respectable heel, and the shape of your pumps is pretty, which is important. Furthermore you were out for 7 hrs! I love my heels but as a fellow everyday wearer I understand the rationale for just taking the edge off the height by chopping back an inch. As you rightly said you wanted a classy look, and you did that well.

Overall a great monochromatic outfit, black top is cute with the capped sleeves, your jewellery (both necklace and earings) mimics the patterning in your midi skirt, midi skirts are so on trend right now, your handbag and pumps match each other perfectly and balance the outfit. Good choice on a patent pump rather than kidskin/leather because its that little more refined and dressy. Super dooper!

A midi skirt in a light fabric like yours would be great in hotter weather too!

Edited by nzfreestyler
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

With all you have done and accomplished Jeff, I am suprised that you would consider this a big step lol

I know, right? But then, I kinda march to the beat of my own drummer. Heh!

5 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hey JeffB, thats a neat look

I love the midi skirt, your pumps are perfect - I think a midi skirt has to be worn with heels. 3 inches is perfectly respectable heel, and the shape of your pumps is pretty, which is important. Furthermore you were out for 7 hrs! I love my heels but as a fellow everyday wearer I understand the rationale for just taking the edge off the height by chopping back an inch. As you rightly said you wanted a classy look, and you did that well.

Overall a great monochromatic outfit, black top is cute with the capped sleeves, your jewellery (both necklace and earings) mimics the patterning in your midi skirt, midi skirts are so on trend right now, your handbag and pumps match each other perfectly and balance the outfit. Good choice on a patent pump rather than kidskin/leather because its that little more refined and dressy. Super dooper!

A midi skirt in a light fabric like yours would be great in hotter weather too!

Thanks for the kind words, nzfreestyler. Much appreciated. As I've mentioned numerous times in this thread, I spend a goodly amount of time planning what I wear before I leave on an outing because I obsess on wanting to look my best while in public. Regarding the outfit I wore Sunday, I originally planned to wear the Payless black "Tawny" slides which have a three inch wedge heel, but I decided instead to wear the "Karmen" pumps instead, mainly because I wanted to look classy. On the issue of heel height, I do a lot of standing and walking on my outings, so comfort is important, and those three inchers with their rounded toes are perfect for lengthy expeditions. Lastly, the skirt came from Sears, and I have six more of that style and length, both in patterns and solid colors, and even though they're lined, those skirts are delightfully light and airy, perfect for spring and summer, even on the hottest day, I feel cool and comfortable in them. I tell you, wearing skirts of all kinds is so much fun, it's crazy! I can't get enough!

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

I get what you mean about comfort. I love my tall heels but standing for hours and hours - I do love the variation of a rounded toe or a little less height to take the strain down a notch or two! But I still love my tall heels so I battle on. Usually there's enough variety in a day to prevent one from killing ones feet !

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Jeff,

I get what you mean about comfort. I love my tall heels but standing for hours and hours - I do love the variation of a rounded toe or a little less height to take the strain down a notch or two! But I still love my tall heels so I battle on. Usually there's enough variety in a day to prevent one from killing ones feet !

Keep up the good work!

Speaking of variety, I mentioned that I had been out for seven hours on Sunday, but, I should point out that not ALL that time was spent on my feet, that way lies madness. Take away an hour in Starbucks, two hours in a multiplex watching Wonder Woman, two hours on a park bench and around thirty minutes in Barnes & Noble, plus time spent in my car driving from place to place, and I was only on my feet standing or walking for just an hour. It's all about planning. Heh!

By the by, speaking of comfort, I read about a fix on the internet that's supposed to help wearing heels easier and less excruciating. It's said that if you tape the third and fourth toes together, preferably with medical tape, or, in a pinch, scotch tape, that helps alleviate the pain from wearing heels, especially enclosed shoes like pumps. I don't know if you've heard of this, but it sounds intriguing. The next time I wear pumps, I'll give it a try.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

By the by, speaking of comfort, I read about a fix on the internet that's supposed to help wearing heels easier and less excruciating. It's said that if you tape the third and fourth toes together, preferably with medical tape, or, in a pinch, scotch tape, that helps alleviate the pain from wearing heels, especially enclosed shoes like pumps. I don't know if you've heard of this, but it sounds intriguing. The next time I wear pumps, I'll give it a try.

This actually works somewhat if your pain comes from some kind of pinched nerve. I used this trick with my work boots when I was having such a problem with pain in the balls of my feet. Naturally, I used electrical tape.

I rarely have this kind of pain from wearing heels. My pain usually comes from muscular fatigue, usually when I get too ambitious with the heel height for a given circumstance. In that circumstance, no amount of taping anything is going to help much. 

• Like 1

on the other hand when your thumb gets knocked out of its joint in athletics (football, hockey, baseball) you just walk over to a trainer and look away and like magic your thumb is functional again.....after a gasp or two. Tape can do wonders to soothe the mind and ease cramps. Never underestimate the power of tape!  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Sorry HinH not all thumbs are like that. If my thumb gets knocked out, I have go in (surgery) and have a nylon thread replaced....I'm bionic.

The tape method can also be used to keep your baby toe from escaping out the side of a gladiator style sandal.

I also want to repeat the best advise I have recieved while shopping for heels: 

Life's too short for shoes that hurt.

I will spend 4-6 hours straight mostly walking. I will sit on a table top for a minute or two while the students pull out their camera phones and take photos of the boards. So I only wear shoes that don't hurt. Foot care is very important to me. JeffB look into reflexology. It's worth every penny.

As a person ages the fat pads on the bottom of your feet thin and that is what is causing pain to may of you. That where gel pads help.

I use gel pads in every pair I have.

I am very lucky, my Reflexologist tells me I have the thickest pads she has seen.

• Like 1

Jaunt #379, 7/2/2017: July arrived on Saturday sticky, steamy, soupy and generally yucky. Even without much in the way of sunshine, it still felt like a sauna, while I had considered doing a jaunt, the miserable humidity just sucked all the energy out of me, so I stayed home. Sunday was much better after a cold front, complete with a thunderstorm blew through late on Saturday, knocking the humidity down to more tolerable levels, so I decided to dress up again, sporting a navy blue blouse, a white and navy print skirt, the Payless “Sinclair” platform wedge sandals in navy and a black handbag. For longtime followers of this thread, you know I like to have my bag match my shoes whenever possible, so pairing navy with black wasn't exactly ideal, in any event, I'll have to buy a navy bag at my earliest convenience.

As for my outing, I headed to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, my first trip of 2017 there. Because of the Fourth of July holiday, there was a larger than usual crowd of patrons, in fact, I had to wait in live outside for several minutes before I got inside. As usual, it was most enjoyable to partake of the sort of culture that comes from being around art, and it's certainly an enlightening experience, however, it sure was crowded, including a goodly number of young kids, a few of whom wide eyed and did double takes when they saw me, but hey, I'm used to that, it's commonplace with youngsters, the grownups for the most part don't pay me much mind however. I wound up spending little over three hours in the museum, and, as is often the case, I never feel as though I saw everything the place had to offer, thus giving me a reason to go back, and soon. My second stop was to the familiar haunts of Rittenhouse Square Park, I parked some two blocks from there, and, as I was on my way to the park, I was stopped by a group of nearly a dozen twentysomethings who, standing in front of a church, asked me to take a picture of them, which I was happy to do, after I took the picture, one of the girls said I looked very nice while a second said she liked my shoes, I smiled and thanked them both before going my way.

It felt like the park and the streets were more crowded and bustling as usual especially the park, and I liked that, even though it took a wee bit of time to find an empty bench to occupy. Armed with my trusty nook e-reader, I spent nearly an hour and a half with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson while the public came and went, then I packed up and went towards Barnes & Noble for a drink and a snack. While at the corner across the street from the store, another twentysomething looked down at my feet and said my shoes looked cute, I smiled and thanked her before crossing. Two compliments in one day, not bad, all the more reason why I love wearing women's clothes and shoes in public, for moments just like those, because when I look good, I feel good, and that's what fashion freestyling is all about. More to come....

Jaunt #379, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #379, outfit-2.jpg

19 hours ago, JeffB said:

I wound up spending little over three hours in the museum, and, as is often the case, I never feel as though I saw everything the place had to offer

The Philly museum is a major museum.  It would take days to see all of it, so like you said, "giving me a reason to go back, and soon".  I think @Lawrencesummed it up nicely that you present a "quite nice and moderately conservative" look.  I see no reason why anyone (other than kids) would notice you wandering through the museum or sitting in a park.  And as maddening as "no one noticed" is, it was nice that some folks did and made positive comments.  Again, you get points for proper, prior, planning.

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

20 hours ago, Lawrence said:

You go man!  You look quite nice and moderately conservative.  I prefer shorter skirts and dresses but what ever floats your boat!!

Thanks for the kind words. I do strive to look stylish and tasteful when it comes to what I wear in public. There's a certain....something about those long, gauzy skirts I've sported that really makes me feel feminine when I wear them.

19 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

The Philly museum is a major museum.  It would take days to see all of it, so like you said, "giving me a reason to go back, and soon".  I think @Lawrencesummed it up nicely that you present a "quite nice and moderately conservative" look.  I see no reason why anyone (other than kids) would notice you wandering through the museum or sitting in a park.  And as maddening as "no one noticed" is, it was nice that some folks did and made positive comments.  Again, you get points for proper, prior, planning.

:wavey:

"Moderately conservative" works for me when it comes to my attire. I like to dress up as it makes me feel good inside, case in point, when it comes to tops, I've gone out of my way of late to wear openly feminine styles because I like how they look on me, I don't want to sport anything that looks even remotely mannish. I'm paying more attention to the jewelry I wear and, thanks to you and the gift you provided, I refuse to leave the house without earrings. Just another part of my evolution as a fashion freestyler. As for the museum, I'm already planning to return later this month, again, there's so much to see, perhaps I'll become a member and save on my trips there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JeffB said:

I do strive to look stylish and tasteful when it comes to what I wear in public. There's a certain....something about those long, gauzy skirts I've sported that really makes me feel feminine when I wear them.

Agreed 100%. Thats a great look JeffB. Those maxi skirts are lovely, light and floaty on the hips, they're a pleasure to wear, work with any heel height and we don't need to worry about the skirt blowing in the breeze!

Your ensemble is great. I love the necklace mirroring the keyhole in your top, and the navy/grey to navy matching is superb, also your lace in the top matches the skirt so well. A lot of attention to detail - its very polished.

Can I suggest a grey/neutral toned handbag would be a more versatile investment. Black and navy do work together, but you're right a navy handbag would be better than black. My point is I think a neutral handbag in greys(maybe a little lavender too) would work well with many many outfits....

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

On 5/07/2010 at 11:21 AM, JeffB said:

7/4/2010:

Hard to believe it's been little over a month since my last jaunt. Where DOES the time go? Sheesh! Anyhoo, despite temperatures that reached into the upper 90's today, I went out and about, and here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to dredge up the past - I'm going back through an astounding journal of jaunts....

I must say this look from ages back - is just so much on trend now - maxi skirt with see through panels, a hint of legs within, classical patent pumps...  you were well ahead of the fashions - or the designers are following you now!

This is an awesome look!

Edited by nzfreestyler
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Agreed 100%. Thats a great look JeffB. Those maxi skirts are lovely, light and floaty on the hips, they're a pleasure to wear, work with any heel height and we don't need to worry about the skirt blowing in the breeze!

Your ensemble is great. I love the necklace mirroring the keyhole in your top, and the navy/grey to navy matching is superb, also your lace in the top matches the skirt so well. A lot of attention to detail - its very polished.

Can I suggest a grey/neutral toned handbag would be a more versatile investment. Black and navy do work together, but you're right a navy handbag would be better than black. My point is I think a neutral handbag in greys(maybe a little lavender too) would work well with many many outfits....

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words. I've mentioned in previous posts that I take upwards of an hour to plan my outfits where I experiment with tops, skirts, shoes and accessories until I put together something I like and feel good wearing. I never leave the house unless I'm fully satisfied with my appearance. Meanwhile, I'm going to see about adding more jewelry, namely necklaces and especially earrings as I'm now hooked on them and don't feel dressed without them. A gray or neutral handbag, eh? Hmm! Interesting! I'll have to see about that!

7 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to dredge up the past - I'm going back through an astounding journal of jaunts....

I must say this look from ages back - is just so much on trend now - maxi skirt with see through panels, a hint of legs within, classical patent pumps...  you were well ahead of the fashions - or the designers are following you now!

This is an awesome look!

WOW! That sure was a long time ago! HA! I was barely two years into my jaunting thread and haven't been skirting for all that long, so I was still refining my overall look. The polo shirt was a men's shirt, something I wouldn't be caught dead wearing today as EVERYTHING that I sport on my outings are from the women's side of the store.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Meanwhile, I'm going to see about adding more jewelry, namely necklaces and especially earrings as I'm now hooked on them and don't feel dressed without them.

I am fascinated to see that you made such a rapid conversion to earrings. I think it was within one outing of trying them! Does this mean that you are reconsidering having your ears pierced?

On a completely different note, since nzfreestyler dredged up a picture from the past, I suddenly noticed that your pose hasn't changed much in at least 7 years. Specifically, how you present yourself with legs spread wide apart. As you may or may not know, I use younger Vietnamese women as my guide as to how to refine my look, as far as I'm willing to go. I guess that's why you see me in shorts and heels a lot in the summer. That's definitely much more of a "look" over there than it is here. But along with that, one of the things I noticed as I saw pictures of me with my friends, is that Vietnamese females always present themselves with feet planted firmly together and pointed straight ahead, even if they are bowlegged, which is a malady I suffer from.

Given your attention to detail, I am curious if your posing was carefully thought out, and if you have experimented with different body positioning, both in photos and in real life.

For reference, I tend to stand in a sort of modified Third Position ballet stance, in an attempt to disguise the fact that I'm bowlegged. It may be that I look ridiculous doing that. 

Interesting you brought up poster mlroseplant. I am frequently told that I walk like a woman who knows how to walk in heels walk and I stand as a woman. These are mot planned, rather just natural. When I stand, many times I'm on one front with the heel slightly lifted on the other foot. My feet are closer together when in heels, but my calves touch when I put my feet too close together.

mlroseplant do you also have high arches?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

mlroseplant do you also have high arches?

I don't want to step on Jeff's thread too much, but no, I don't have particularly high arches. I don't have flat feet by any stretch of the imagination, I suppose I'm about average. 

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I don't want to step on Jeff's thread too much, but no, I don't have particularly high arches. I don't have flat feet by any stretch of the imagination, I suppose I'm about average. 

understood, just didn't understand what you meant

miroseplant: Well, I have considered getting my ears pierced, and I just might do that one day. That would be fun. As for the poses, it's not often someone brings that up, and I appreciate your having done so. It hadn't occurred to me that my poses haven't changed all that much in seven years, and, I must admit that had surprised me. Working with a ten second timer on my camera, that doesn't give me too much time to work on my poses unless I do so before I take the pictures. In any event, I'm going to have to work on that.

Cali: I also walk and stand like a woman, I also smooth my skirt before I sit and cross my legs as femininely as possible. The way I see it, that's the least I could do when dressed as a woman.

JeffB,

Since you already look fabulous standing up yo should try some photos in a seated position. Or stand close to a wall and raise one leg halfway up to accent your shoes just like the women do. How about some outside shots?? You get all over SE PA and South Jersey so there is no shortage of chances to do this. Think about it.  HappyinHeels 

• Like 2

If I can offer my 10 cents worth - based on wearing heels all the time my posture has changed permanently.

I transfer my weight now... what I mean is stand normally, feet side by side, lock your knees, then tilt your hips to one side (left or right), this will put most of your weight on one foot, with the unweighted foot extend it away from you a little and then roll your ankle over on it - in a skirt/dress this lengthens your leg, and presents your shoe better, reveals the instep/arch of your foot. Just looks better, and you can alternate between legs. If wearing jeans say, it will reveal the whole shoe. Hard to describe, maybe it needs a separate thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

Since you already look fabulous standing up yo should try some photos in a seated position. Or stand close to a wall and raise one leg halfway up to accent your shoes just like the women do. How about some outside shots?? You get all over SE PA and South Jersey so there is no shortage of chances to do this. Think about it.  HappyinHeels 

Good suggestions. I'll see what I can do about trying them out.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 4:10 PM, JeffB said:

Thanks for the kind words. I do strive to look stylish and tasteful when it comes to what I wear in public. There's a certain....something about those long, gauzy skirts I've sported that really makes me feel feminine when I wear them.

"Moderately conservative" works for me when it comes to my attire. I like to dress up as it makes me feel good inside, case in point, when it comes to tops, I've gone out of my way of late to wear openly feminine styles because I like how they look on me, I don't want to sport anything that looks even remotely mannish. I'm paying more attention to the jewelry I wear and, thanks to you and the gift you provided, I refuse to leave the house without earrings. Just another part of my evolution as a fashion freestyler. As for the museum, I'm already planning to return later this month, again, there's so much to see, perhaps I'll become a member and save on my trips there.

While feminine looks are good, I'd choose to dress like a young woman than an old one :silly: I think tight skirts are more feminine and sexy as they cling to your figure more, and for me, help me sit like a lady more as I keep my knees together. As for your poses, legs closer together is more tastful and less, er, "mannish"... just look at any girl on lookbook in a pencil skirt, or even in leggings etc, and generally the knees are in close proximity... I would never stand as if I'd wet myself :lol: as for your camera, can you not get a cheap SLR like a Canon EOS which can come with a handy IR Remote that allows you more time to get into a pose and you can control when the picture is taken, rather than rush for a timer. I used to rush to get into shot, try to sit, cross legs and hope my skirt hadn't ridden up too much, tug the hem a little, and try and pose but it was a big ask in a 10 second window.

As for skirt designs, I would go for something cute like a skater skirt above knee length, or my favourite pencil cut with a generous slit at the back, wheras the longer stuff I would wear at home if around the house as it's not so flattering to me. You should definitely pierce your ears, and you need something to help fill up your tops, as "Old Salt" does on the other forum :cheeky:

Looking forward to your next jaunt :)

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 9:43 AM, JeffB said:

Good suggestions. I'll see what I can do about trying them out.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:59 PM, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

Since you already look fabulous standing up yo should try some photos in a seated position. Or stand close to a wall and raise one leg halfway up to accent your shoes just like the women do. How about some outside shots?? You get all over SE PA and South Jersey so there is no shortage of chances to do this. Think about it.  

File-24-5-2017-11-49-13-683x1024.jpega seated position like this, including your skirt is good. :)

Edited by SkirtDude