The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

Was that a haiku?

Nah, just a clunky poem.

"Haiku" is a traditional form of Japanese poetry. Haiku poems consist of 3 lines. The first and last lines of a Haiku have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. The lines rarely rhyme.

Winter dull and dark
High hems and Spring raise hopes
Tall boots even more

:wavey:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

Nah, just a clunky poem.

"Haiku" is a traditional form of Japanese poetry. Haiku poems consist of 3 lines. The first and last lines of a Haiku have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. The lines rarely rhyme.

Winter dull and dark
High hems and Spring raise hopes
Tall boots even more

Where's the weekly post

Of your trips to shopping malls

In your boots and skirt?

:cheeky:

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

Traveling the city
Heels skirts dresses all ignored
Jeff started something

All the rest of you word wizards chime in before JeffB realizes what he started with a simple question.:penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

All the rest of you word wizards chime in before JeffB realizes what he started with a simple question.:penitent:

You asked for it:

There was an old man of Kentucky

Who considered himself very lucky

When in thigh boots and skirt

He caused women to flirt

And men to think that he was plucky.

• Like 2

My, my! I had no idea we had so many talented people here! I'm truly impressed!  :giggle:

Jaunt #366, 4/23/2017: After a cloudy and damp Saturday, the sun returned on Sunday, but it was breezy and a little cool, so I dressed appropriately for the conditions in my denim jacket over a black tank top, a olive crepe skirt, the Payless "Martinez" booties and a black handbag. I know folks here are eager for me to flaunt my miniskirts, but I've really enjoyed wearing these crepe skirts I bought at Sears which are nice and floaty and flowing, oh, and did I mention that they're lined too? And, any chance I can get to wear the "Martinez"booties is a welcome one to say the least.

I headed downtown to have a little fun on my outing. Parking a couple of blocks away from Rittenhouse Square Park, I strolled down to One Liberty Place on crowded streets to have lunch in the food court, that being an egg salad sandwich and a bottle of water from Bain's Deli. From there, I walked back up to Rittenhouse Square Park which, predictably was packed with people enjoying the nice weather, finding an empty bench, I broke out my Bares & Noble nook™ e-reader and chilled out with some reading while scores of people passed me by with nary a peep, something I found to have been extremely satisfying. An hour an a half later, I packed up and headed back to my car, passing two older women who looked me up and down as I passed and grinned at me, and I grinned back. I'm guessing they liked what they saw. Heh!

Hopefully, the weather will warm up more so I can wear a shorter skirt on my future outings. But then, I haven't worn a maxi yet and I want to squeeze in one. Ahh, so many choices, so little time! Double heh! More to come....

Jaunt #366, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #366, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

My, my! I had no idea we had so many talented people here! I'm truly impressed!  :giggle:

Jaunt #366, 4/23/2017:... I packed up and headed back to my car, passing two older women who looked me up and down as I passed and grinned at me, and I grinned back. I'm guessing they liked what they saw. Heh!

Hopefully, the weather will warm up more so I can wear a shorter skirt on my future outings. But then, I haven't worn a maxi yet and I want to squeeze in one. Ahh, so many choices, so little time! Double heh! More to come....

Jaunt #366, outfit-1.jpg

I'd look crepe in such a skirt, I'm jealous of your figure :nono: but I like the idea of your maxi skirt... I guess you wanting to squeeze into one hints at a Kardashian-style tight calf-length pencil skirt? I think that will look really good if you did, and it seems the ladies like your ensembles as well :cheeky:

I bought a nice tartan pencil skirt which was just £1 on ebay! (pic below) It reminded me of my old username when I first joined HHPlace :cheeky: 

Still I cannot wait

To read soon of your next Jaunt

Here on High Heel Place :silly:

kilty.JPG

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

HA! You guys make me chuckle with your creativity! Color me suitably impressed!  :giggle:

Jaunt #367, 4/29/2017: Since becoming a full blown fashion freestyler, I put the outfit first for whatever outing I went out on, then choose my shoes. But, on this day, it was the other way around as I was jonesing to wear my Payless "O'Malley" slides, I decided on the brown pair and assembled an outfit around them, that being a brown blouse with a lace insert, a knee length button down beige skirt and a brown handbag. Overall, I thought this was a nice outfit that was casually dressy for a sunny and mild Saturday. And I got wear shoes I once despised but now like greatly. After swinging by a branch of my bank for some cash, it was off to my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where the staff and I discussed the NFL Draft and the picks the hometown Eagles made on Thursday and Friday, then strolled down to Rittenhouse Square Park to hang out for an hour, soaking in the atmosphere as throngs of people came and went, and, as usual, I went ignored. I know, big surprise, right?

Returning to my car, I zipped over the bridge into South Jersey and the Cherry Hill multiplex where I watched an animated film called Your Name which was most delightful. Then I headed to Moorestown Mall for a slightly late lunch at Boston Market, then to Best Buy where I bought the latest Underworld film on Blu-Ray, nothing like Kate Beckinsale in skin tight black leather to get the motor running! Next up was Sears for a little shopping as I bought a cute blouse and crepe skirt, both of which I'll show off on a future outing. I then strolled out into the mall itself, as I approached a couple of thirtysomething black women, one of them said, "You look nice", I smiled and thanked her. And who said people don't notice? HA! Once again, I saw that compliment as validation that my obsession with looking my very best while out and about yields benefits. To everyone reading these words of wit, always strive to look as good as you can, whether you just wear a pair of heels under male clothes, or go all out with women's attire like I do. More to come....

Jaunt #367, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #367, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

nothing like Kate Beckinsale in skin tight black leather to get the motor running!

I rather like this look as a motor starter: Kate in boots.

Great look JeffB.  I'll fall back on my earlier observations that at first glance your image reads as female.  The fact that you are careful in matching your outfits makes the read even more so.  Well done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

......... always strive to look as good as you can, whether you just wear a pair of heels under male clothes, or go all out with women's attire like I do.

Always try to look good.  You can even get that extra bit of confidence knowing you look good.

• Like 1

Very nice ensemble, cute skirt as well. You look better in more fitted clothes IMHO :)  the fact the women said you dressed nice was great, you really do plan well in advance, hence no stares, remarks etc as before. You could emulate Kate's style in TBG's supplied photo - the skirt looks nice :silly: 

• Like 1

TBG: Hmm! I'd have to say that it's probably not a bad thing to have that first image be interpreted as female. HA!

Cali: If you look good, you'll feel good. And I always feel good when I'm in women's clothes.

SkirtDude: Thanks for the kind words. As for emulating Kate's look, hmm! Perhaps! But I doubt I could do it as well as her.

Jaunt #368, 4/30/2017: Spring has been a tad goofy, summerlike warm on Saturday with temps in the low 80's, but the next day, it was partly cloudy and breezy while temps were no better than low 60's. Go figure. However, that didn't stop me from going out again, the outfit in question being my denim jacket over a black tank top, a printed crepe skirt, the Payless "Tawny" slides in black and a black handbag. As part of my ongoing evolution as a fashion freestyler, I wanted to experiment more with wearing printed skirts instead of the plain old monochromatic variety. As with most things when it comes to women's clothing, through work to pair said skirt with the right top and shoes, I made it look sharp and stylish. Wearing prints brings my sense of style up to a whole new level. Speaking of shoes, the "Tawny" slides were the perfect accompaniment to the outfit, short and sweet, in fact, there were NO other shoes I wanted to wear with that ensemble yesterday.

Driving into town, I parked some two blocks away from my regular haunt, Rittenhouse Square Park. Walking down a crowded city street, I went to One Liberty Place where I had a light lunch (a salad and a bottle of water at Subway), then went up to the building's observation deck where I enjoyed fabulous views of the city from some 800 plus feet up for close to an hour, definitely time well spent. Returning to ground level, I strolled to the park where I found a bench and got in some reading on my Barnes & Noble nook for some forty five minutes while throngs of people came and went. With some twenty minutes let on my meter, I got up and left, on my way out the park, I passed a black gentleman in his forties who grinned at me and said, "Hey, there! You look good in that skirt, mon!" No, I didn't misspell that last word as he had a thick Jamaican accent, I smiled back and thanked him for the kind words. In the distance, I heard him say, "Damn! Look those heels!" That made me chuckle since I only wearing three inchers.

It's not often I get compliments on the street about my attire from men, so I guess he saw something he liked, once again, proof positive that if you take the time and effort to look good, your hard work will be rewarded. More to come....

Jaunt #368, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #368, outfit-2.jpg

Great look JeffB... proper prior planning strikes again.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:36 AM, JeffB said:

I passed a black gentleman in his forties who grinned at me and said, "Hey, there! You look good in that skirt, mon!" No, I didn't misspell that last word as he had a thick Jamaican accent, I smiled back and thanked him for the kind words. In the distance, I heard him say, "Damn! Look those heels!"

I don't know about Jamacian culture, but could he have been from New Orleans where a guy in a skirt might not be that unusual (especially in mardi gras)?

May is looking to be a cool month (temperature wise) so there is still an opportunity to put aside the slides until temps warm up again and rediscover how much fun thigh boots are. :penitent:

• Like 1

Yah, mon.....  We got the good green too !!!   ha ha....    Nice outfit Mr. Jeff....  Take care...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 5/2/2017 at 7:40 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Great look JeffB... proper prior planning strikes again.

I don't know about Jamacian culture, but could he have been from New Orleans where a guy in a skirt might not be that unusual (especially in mardi gras)?

May is looking to be a cool month (temperature wise) so there is still an opportunity to put aside the slides until temps warm up again and rediscover how much fun thigh boots are. :penitent:

Well, yes, the weather will be cooler this weekend. I'll see what I can do about taking the thigh boots out for a spin.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:48 AM, SF said:

Yah, mon.....  We got the good green too !!!   ha ha....    Nice outfit Mr. Jeff....  Take care...   sf

Thanks, much, SF!

• Like 1

Jeff, Was it too breezy for the printed skirts? Didn't read of any Jaunts this weekend, which was a shame. I pushed the envelope at work and spoke to HR about my wardrobe choices, and after wearing skirts to work (corporate knee-length pencils), I thought I'd try a skirt suit! Teamed with red pumps, though the shoes were a killer. I need to get some more comfortable shoes, might even go back to booties as the heel is easier to walk in. First time with a handbag as well, but it was well received by colleagues :cheeky:

Looking forward to your next jaunt :) 

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, SkirtDude said:

First time with a handbag as well, but it was well received by colleagues

Really great look!  I shudder to think how my old HR department would have reacted to a request like that.  At work, do you interact with external customers or just deal with your companies folks?  That may have been a consideration for HR.

• Like 1

SkirtDude what a great work look.  Very professional looking and polished.  I wish I could pull that look off a work as well.  Add some makeup and I would be in heaven.

• Like 1

Photoshopped - the light is wrong. Try again. You have just copied and pasted a photo (found on skirtcafe) onto a background. 

Edited by Ray_Aber
  • Like 1

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Ray_Aber said:

Photoshopped - the light is wrong. Try again. You have just copied and pasted a photo (found on skirtcafe) onto a background. 

Trying to raise your post count, Ray? :confused:

Edited by SkirtDude

Well, the weather has been wacky of late, morning that felt more like February than May. Still, I hope to get out and about soon.

Yes, it has been a very strange year here also. Just a few days ago, I was wearing a heavy coat to work, at least first thing in the morning. Yesterday, I need no coat at all! We look forward to your next story!

• Like 1

Well, it's going to rain here all day today, so I'm locked inside as I detest being out in the rain, but, tomorrow promises to be nice and dry, so, we'll see.

By the by, I forgot to mention a scant few weeks ago that April 28, 2013 marked the last time I wore jeans or pants on an outing as I've been all about skirts (and the occasional dress) ever since. I don't think that was anything I intentionally planned, but as I came to enjoy wearing skirts more and more, I no longer saw any reason to wear jeans or pants which I saw as dull and boring and seriously bereft of options when it came to fashion. However, migrating to skirts opened a whole new world in terms of fashion, giving me almost limitless options when it came to putting together outfits for my jaunts, and that brought my passion for fashion freestyling into full bloom. Of course, there's also the purely visceral angle as I love how skirts look on me, either with heels or flats and, four years later, my love for skirts burns as brightly as ever.

• Like 3

Jaunt #369, 5/14/2017: After a positively craptastic Saturday chock full of rain most of the day, Sunday, Mother's Day was considerably better with sunshine, blue skies and temps around 70. Since it was Sunday, I felt a need to dress up, not just because it makes me look good, but FEEL good like only wearing women's clothes can, and today, I sported a bright blue crepe blouse, a black crepe skirt, the Payless "Sinclair" wedge heeled sandals and a black handbag. It had been awhile since I last wore those sandals, but they paired well with the outfit, and with their four inch heels, they helped me to stand above the crowd while my light and airy crepe skirts with their built in liners are a delight and I enjoy wearing them because they make me feel feminine.

But, I digress. I headed into town to spend some quality time in the center city area. It took almost twenty minutes to find a parking spot, after I did, I headed down to One Liberty Square where I had a salad and a bottle of water at Subway for lunch, I think I got a couple of odd looks here and there, but I paid little attention to that. Following lunch, I walked up to Rittenhouse Square Park which was busier that usual because of a fine crafts fair with somewhere close to 100 stalls set up on the sidewalk around the park itself with wares like art, sculptures, clothing, pottery, jewelry, you name it, it made for quite an eclectic, and crowded atmosphere, one I found highly enjoyable as I strolled amongst the throngs of people, checking out the wide variety of crafts like everyone else, blending in with ridiculous ease, and I had a boatload of fun for something like a half hour before going into the park to find a bench and chill with my e-book.

I know I've said this before, but I never fail to be amazed at how easy it is to do the fashion freestyling in public thing, how I can come and go in women's wear without attracting attention . Oh, sure, I have no doubt Thighbootguy will say that's because I successfully identify as female at first glance, even though I'm clearly not, still, I'm perfectly fine with that, it means I've done everything right when it comes to the appearance I present to the world at large. More to come....

Jaunt #369, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #369, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

I have no doubt Thighbootguy will say that's because I successfully identify as female at first glance, even though I'm clearly not, still, I'm perfectly fine with that, it means I've done everything right when it comes to the appearance I present to the world at large.

Yep.

Great outfit.  The blue bracelet is a nice touch with the blue top.

4 hours ago, JeffB said:

blending in with ridiculous ease

Interesting choice of words.  Ridiculous - "deserving of ridicule".  I hardly think this is the case.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Interesting choice of words.  Ridiculous - "deserving of ridicule".  I hardly think this is the case.

Hmm! Good point there!

Jaunt #370: 5/15/2017: Having to run a couple of errands for a specific need, I decided to turn that into a brief jaunt, opting for a purely casual outfit, that being a black t-shirt, the gray miniskirt with the deconstructed hem, the Payless "Stacey" low wedge sandals in black and a black handbag. Nothing at all fancy, just something I threw together for a quick trip to the store, or, in my case, stores.

The first stop was to Best Buy in Springfield where I haven't been to in awhile to buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones to pair with my iPhone so I can wirelessly listen to music while at the gym. There was a decent crowd in the store, but I went ignored (as usual) by shoppers as I went about my business, now, since I already knew what I was looking for, I could've been in and out of the store inside of ten minutes, but since this was Best Buy, there was no in and out immediately as I spent nearly thirty minutes in the place gazing at all sorts of stuff, including five thousand dollar Sony OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) HDTV's which looked absolutely marvelous and left me flat out envious, wishing I had the money to buy something like that. That's why I play the Powerball Lottery, so I can indulge in such vanities if I were to win a big jackpot.

My second stop was to Rite Aid to buy a Copper Fit sleeve for an occasionally twingy right knee which I sometimes feel when working out at the gym. Now, why am I mentioning the gym so much? Well, since I was dissatisfied with a middle aged paunch I had developed, something that made fitting into some of my skirts a wee bit problematic, even with a body briefer I wear under my clothes, I decided it was time to exercise, eat healthy and trim down so I'll look better in my women's wear. I've been at it for two weeks now and lost a tad under ten pounds, and I already look better. I look forward to continuing my workout routine which I happen to enjoy and hope to slim down further. More to come....

Jaunt #370, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #370, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

I am somewhat surprised at my reaction when I scroll down in your post and see the pictures of a guy in a skirt or a dress.  For many months now the reaction has been "looks good".  I really don't see anything odd or unusual, rather a natural expression of fashion.  It has taken me a while to get to this point.  Thanks for bringing me (and all of us) along on the journey.

Repeating myself, the outfit looks good and very casual, but I still think some clip on earrings would be a nice accessory (as well as a pair of boots :penitent:).

• Like 1