The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

22 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Looks good JeffB!  I do like those booties.  However, I was expecting this jaunt to be about your mushing through the snow in your thigh boots.

I've been amazed at how much "stuff" I manage to get into the small bag I've been carrying for a long time now.  I shudder think what I'd wind up packing into a bag that large. :penitent:  Ah, moderation in all things (except boots). 

Well, we wound up getting just under a mere three inches, and 95 percent of that was gone by Saturday.

Carrying large bags is more fun than I thought, if but for no other reason than because lots of women tote them around these days, and I take my accessories seriously.  :fine:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #357, 2/18/2017: Even though I pride myself as being a seasoned fashion freestyler, I continue being mildly amazed at how easy it is for me to venture out in public dressed in women's clothes as a man. Of course, I credit that to how I dress tastefully for the surroundings I happen to be in, giving people no reason to take notice of me, and that strategy once again served me well on a trip to the huge and bustling King of Prussia Mall, garbed in a black denim jacket over a long sleeved red t-shirt, a button down denim skirt, black tights, Payless "Geneva" loafers and a black satchel bag. The loafers I bought several weeks ago and was waiting for just the right opportunity to take them out for a spin, and that was yesterday, meanwhile, I continue having fun carrying around my large bags as they store a lot. It was after eleven a.m. when I arrived, hopped out of the car and strolled into the mall where I was promptly ignored by the throngs of shoppers there as that place gets crowded plenty fast.

My first stop was to a comic shop where having the large bag came in handy to store the books I bought, then it was a slow stroll to the mall's food court which was plenty packed, I opted for a couple slices of pepperoni pizza and a bottle of water. Yummy! I think I got a glance or two, but nothing of substance otherwise. After lunch came more strolling here, some window shopping there, relaxing with an Auntie Anne's pretzel while checking my email in a comfy chair, spending quality time in the Apple Store where I bought an iTunes gift card to buy a couple of apps, I was just another shopper in a throng of shoppers as I spent some four hours in the mall and enjoyed myself considerably. Back in the car, I drove to the nearby Best Buy where I haven't been in for awhile, and it was fun as ever as I left the store with The Accountant on Blu-Ray. The more I venture out on my little adventures, the easier it becomes, and the more I can push the envelope when it comes to places I can go, and I enjoy that too. More to come....

geneva.jpg

Jaunt #357, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #357, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

Great blend in look JeffB.  I'm not surprised you were ignored by most of thee folks at the mall.  Most of them were wrapped up in their own world and the look you present does not scream "man dressed as a woman" in fact it hardly mumbles it (that a complement).  It really is a most interesting goal you have of "blending in" in woman's clothes rather than passing as a women. It really is a much less stressful goal.

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

21 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

You look fabulous! One way to push the envelope is ask a passer by to take your photo outside ;) I like the skirt length too. Looking forward to your next jaunt ;) 

Thanks for the kind words. While I've never been one for bothering perfect strangers to have them take my picture while out in public, I'll take your suggestion under consideration.

20 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great blend in look JeffB.  I'm not surprised you were ignored by most of thee folks at the mall.  Most of them were wrapped up in their own world and the look you present does not scream "man dressed as a woman" in fact it hardly mumbles it (that a complement).  It really is a most interesting goal you have of "blending in" in woman's clothes rather than passing as a women. It really is a much less stressful goal.

Agreed. I might even go so far as to say I'm pretty much obsessed with blending in rather than standing out. That's why I spend as much as an hour or more putting together outfits before I go out and go out of my way to look both stylish and, more importantly, tasteful for my public outings. I love wearing women's clothes and want to look my very best in them.

Jaunt #358, 2/19/2017: With temps here having reached into the low to mid 60's with plenty of sunshine yesterday, I thought it made for a great time to go out on a new outing, and I dressed for the spring-like weather in my denim jacket over a pink tank top, a black crepe skirt, the Payless "Martinez" booties and a black handbag. Wearing the pink top was fun while the booties paired well with the skirt and helped to make my outfit pop. Driving downtown, I parked a couple of blocks away from Rittenhouse Square Park and strolled there and found the park full and bustling with people enjoying the warm weather, as did I as I found a bench where I got in some reading on my nook and, like everyone else, enjoyed being in the park where I spent well an hour before heading down to One Liberty Place for lunch (6 inch sub and a bottle of water) and puttered on my phone checking email in the first floor atrium in full view of people who ignored me like everywhere else I was downtown.

Returning to my car, I drove over into South Jersey and the Cherry Hill multiplex to see The Great Wall, making a stop to the bathroom first to take care of business before going to my theater to see the movie. A long time ago, I used to be rather nervous about going into a bathroom while wearing women's clothes and shoes, today, it's no big deal to me at all, I mean, why should it? As for the movie, it was a blast, a great popcorn flick I enjoyed. After the movie, I drove over to the Cherry Hill Mall across the road from the multiplex and strolled about there for nearly an hour among a throng of shoppers and, yes, no one paid me a second's worth of attention which pleased me considerably, though I will admit to being mildly surprised nobody took notice of the pink top I wore, hardly a color men wear with men's clothes, never mind a skirt and heels. I guess that does reaffirm my belief I can go just about anywhere in women's clothes without incident. More to come....

Jaunt #358, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #358, outfit-2.jpg

Excellent outfit JeffB.  The time you spent putting it together was worth the effort.  The booties and skirt work well and the necklace tops it off.  I think your being over sensitive about wearing pink.  You wear it well.

You had better pull on your thigh boots and mini skirt soon before the weather gets too warm and you forget what a great looking (and feeling) combination they are.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff,

I have a pink turtleneck I wear quite often and I've never had a comment or seen anyone stare at it. I think pink looks fine. Associating pink with feminine is all in our minds anyway. You look great in pink, too!

Steve

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Excellent outfit JeffB.  The time you spent putting it together was worth the effort.  The booties and skirt work well and the necklace tops it off.  I think your being over sensitive about wearing pink.  You wear it well.

You had better pull on your thigh boots and mini skirt soon before the weather gets too warm and you forget what a great looking (and feeling) combination they are.

9 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Jeff,

I have a pink turtleneck I wear quite often and I've never had a comment or seen anyone stare at it. I think pink looks fine. Associating pink with feminine is all in our minds anyway. You look great in pink, too!

Steve

Hmm! It's kinda funny that even though I wear skirts full time on my outings, I still have a wee bit of a hangup about wearing pink. I find that rather funny.

And yes, TBG! I will see about breaking out the thigh boots for a future outing.

Jaunt #359, 3/4/2017: Wow! Didn't think it had been that long since the last post here! My, my, how time flies! Anyhoo, with the weather sunny but COLD yesterday, I decided to go on a jaunt at the biggest mall on the East Coast, that being the humongous King of Prussia, garbed in my black leather jacket over a turquoise turtleneck, my 36 inch heavy knit gray a-line skirt, black tights, the Walking Cradles "Elites" riding boots and one of my oversized bags. I arrived at the mall parking garage, hopped right out and entered the mall and, as has been the case since I started jaunting at KOP, nobody paid me so much as an iota of attention as I wandered through the mall, stopping first at the comic book store to buy the week's newest books before strolling down to the food court which was packed, but again, I was ignored as I indulged in a slice of pepperoni pizza with a bottle of water for lunch.

After that, I spent the rest of time casually walking through the mall so I could be seen by the scores of people there, stopping in a store here and there, pausing to sit down, cross my legs and fiddle on my phone for email and Facebook for half an hour at a time while people walked past, again, nothing, just the way I wanted. Well, not quite nothing, while staring in the storefront of the Omega Watch store, a twentysomething woman said she liked my skirt and that it looked warm to wear, I thanked her and told her that it did, especially on a day as cold as this. That got a chuckle out of her. I wound up spending little over four hours at the mall, and even with the place getting more and more crowded by the hour, I remained perfectly anonymous, a testament on how I dressed appropriately for the weather and for the surroundings I was in, allowing me to blend in and not draw anything in the way of attention upon myself. The power of preparation, my friends. This makes me wonder how I can continue my outings to KOP come spring when the weather turns warmer and I can wear shorter skirts. More to come....

Jaunt #359, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #359, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Looking good JeffB.  Those boots do look good with the long skirt.

Yes indeed. It made for a perfect wintertime outfit. As much as I enjoy wearing short skirts, midis have a flair and style all their own.

Jaunt #360, 3/12/2017: With a nor'easter on the way, threatening to dump anywhere between 6 to 12 inches of snow on Tuesday, followed by the start of March Madness (the NCAA men's college basketball tournament) two days later which will occupy my weekends well into April, I figured I'd better head out on a jaunt before fate denies me the opportunity for awhile. And since it was Sunday, I thought I'd dress up, wearing my black leather jacket over a gray turtleneck, the black a-line midiskirt, black tights, the Pleaser "Vanity" knee boots and a black handbag. Because it was plenty cold outside, the outfit was not only stylish, but kept me nice and warm as well, it should also be noted that this was the first time is goodness knows when (August? I'm not sure) that I wore heels higher than the 2 1/2 inches on the Payless "Martinez" booties which I became obsessed with since fall, so I was having to reacclimate myself to wearing real heels again. It was no big deal really, but there was a definite comfort level to wearing lower heights, including flats, just part of my overall evolution as a fashion freestyler. Still, it was fun to wear stilettos again.

I drove into downtown, parked a couple of blocks from Rittenhouse Square Park and strolled there, even on a chilly Sunday, there was still a good crowd in center city, more than a few people were wearing green because of a St. Patrick's Day parade in the area. Walking into the Barnes & Noble, I went upstairs to the second floor cafe where I indulged in a light lunch while doing some reading on my nook e-reader, after little over half an hour, I left the store, walked casually back to my car and drove over into South Jersey and the Cherry Hill multiplex where I watched Kong: Skull Island. The only thing better than a good old fashioned monster movie is a good old fashioned monster movie with Samuel L. Jackson in it, and it was damn good. Just as everywhere I go these days in women's clothes, no one paid me any attention, not in a crowded multiplex, not even in a bustling men's room as I nonchalantly walked in to take care of business, washed my hands then walked out, pretty as you please. As long as you display the sort of air that says whatever you happen to be wearing is no big deal, including a skirt and heels, you'll be treated accordingly. And I'm living proof of that. More to come....

Jaunt #360, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #360, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 4

Great looking warm outfit. 

5 hours ago, JeffB said:

With a nor'easter on the way, threatening to dump anywhere between 6 to 12 inches of snow on Tuesday,

Your Pleaser "Vanity" knee boots may not be high enough to go out and shovel snow or to uncover your car after the snow plow goes through.:penitent:  Time to break out the thigh boots.

That snow is expected to be dumped during a four hour period.

Seriously, stay home and be safe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Great looking warm outfit. 

Your Pleaser "Vanity" knee boots may not be high enough to go out and shovel snow or to uncover your car after the snow plow goes through.:penitent:  Time to break out the thigh boots.

That snow is expected to be dumped during a four hour period.

Seriously, stay home and be safe.

Not to worry, I don't anticipate going to work on Tuesday, so I'll be safe and sound at home. I've got a full larder, over sixty pounds of rock salt and plenty to do to keep busy while cooped up.

31 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Not to worry, I don't anticipate going to work on Tuesday, so I'll be safe and sound at home. I've got a full larder, over sixty pounds of rock salt and plenty to do to keep busy while cooped up.

JeffB, that much snow can be stressful so I recommend the following stress reduction techniques, which works better when wearing thigh boots:

glassbergen-stress.gif.a926fd81fa137c9e3ea4f9a7f33ed244.gif

Stay safe and don't get your boots salted up.

• Like 1

TBG: 6 to 12 inches is nothing. THIRTY inches in one day back in January 1996 was stressful.

JeffB,

Looking sharp as always! The effects of the "noreaster" there produced "lake-effect" snow in SE Wisconsin 6-16" of it. This is normal in Michigan but less so here. I also want to see the Kong movie. My opinion of Samuel L. Jackson changed with his BLM comments and his threatening to move to South Africa. Funny thing with Hollywood liberals is so many say things like this and they keep right on living in the good 'ol USA because where else can they live in gated cul-de-sacs with all manner of "I've got people for that"?? Hypocritical lifestyles on steroids.

You do look awesome in those boots. I always seem to wear something similar in style to yours but higher. Hope I don't fall in the snow :)  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Well, yesterday's snowstorm wound up being not all that. Instead of that predicted 6 to 12 inches, we only saw five inches in the city thanks to lengthy periods of sleet and freezing rain. But I'm not complaining since it could've been a good deal worse. I'm happy about that.

Ahh, all things are relative especially when you say that "lengthy periods of sleet and freezing rain" were a good thing.  I suspect that if your city's snow "removal" is anything like my city's they have just pushed the 5" of snow into collections that are considerably deeper and placed those collections in places where folks have to walk.  Point is thighboots are still appropriate (and warm) footwear. :cheeky:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #361, 3/25/2017: While spring officially arrived five days earlier, there had been a couple of chilly, winterlike days, but that wasn't the case yesterday as temps reached into the low 70's despite partial sunshine, so I headed out on a trip, garbed in a denim jacket over a purple tank top, a black crepe skirt, a black handbag and a new pair of shoes, they being the Payless "Stacia" sandals with 1 1/2 inch wedge heels. I did say in the "Sold On Sandals & Slides" thread that I would concentrate on wearing sandals and slides once spring arrived, so I began the process of keeping that promise as I've come to enjoy wearing such shoes, and these sandals (which I also have in white) were comfortable and easy to wear during the break-in process.

The weather felt nice as I headed to the bank to draw some cash, then went to the main branch of the Post Office to buy a money order to take care of my real estate taxes. From there, it was off to downtown and my friendly neighborhood comic book shop where the guys and I there chatted about the upcoming baseball season and March Madness (the NCAA men's basketball tournament). Next came a stroll down to Barnes & Noble at the Rittenhouse Square area where I enjoyed a light lunch with the newspaper, from there, I walked down to the Apple Store on pedestrian packed street where I bought a new cover for my iPad as the old one had worn out, nary a stare or double take anywhere while I went about my business. My last stop of the day was to Rittenhouse Square Park, predictably crowded to the gills with people enjoying the warm weather, finding a bench, I sat down to enjoy some reading from my trusty nook™ e-reader while scores of people came and went, in fact, the only person who gave me a long look was a homeless man, other than him, nothing, pretty much the usual.

Now that spring is here (though in fits and starts), I can see myself spending lots of time in the park reading, enjoying the warm weather and being seen by one and all in the weeks and months to come, and that's what my outings are all about. More to come....

stacia.jpg

Jaunt #361, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #361, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good (as usual).  I really like the crepe skirt. There is an ancient Chinese saying about being careful of what you wish for that I think applies to getting all dressed up and nobody notices, but that is balanced against satisfying a desire for self expression regardless of the result. 

I suspect you are deriving considerable pleasure from your outings and also relieving a pressure to make your statement.  Since this is having no impact on others, other than giving them food for thought, I say go for it, it's good for you and indirectly good for others too.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 8:05 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Looking good (as usual).  I really like the crepe skirt. There is an ancient Chinese saying about being careful of what you wish for that I think applies to getting all dressed up and nobody notices, but that is balanced against satisfying a desire for self expression regardless of the result. 

I suspect you are deriving considerable pleasure from your outings and also relieving a pressure to make your statement.  Since this is having no impact on others, other than giving them food for thought, I say go for it, it's good for you and indirectly good for others too.

I will admit to a small measure of dismay when I go out and about in skirts and heels and no one pays me any attention, but since I arrived at the conclusion a long time ago that people are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice, or care, I've accepted being ignored. Of course, because I go out of my way to blend in with my surroundings and not stick out like a sore thumb, that goes a long way towards my being ignored. At the end of the day, that's okay. Am I making a statement that men can wear women's clothes in public and NOT be seen as some sort of freak? Yeah, I guess I am, and I'm having great fun as well.

15 hours ago, JeffB said:

I will admit to a small measure of dismay when I go out and about in skirts and heels and no one pays me any attention, but since I arrived at the conclusion a long time ago that people are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice, or care, I've accepted being ignored. Of course, because I go out of my way to blend in with my surroundings and not stick out like a sore thumb, that goes a long way towards my being ignored. At the end of the day, that's okay. Am I making a statement that men can wear women's clothes in public and NOT be seen as some sort of freak? Yeah, I guess I am, and I'm having great fun as well.

The statement you are making Jeff is you are making the world see you on your which is what I have always said is the foundation of confidence.....and you have plenty of that. Your skirts and my stiletto heels just blending into the great mosaic of life. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Jaunt #362, 4/1/2017: Despite spring having arrived a week and a half ago, it felt more winterlike this day, what with temps barely cracking 50 after a messy rainstorm blew through the day before. So, I dressed for the weather, sporting my black leather jacket over a magenta crewneck sweater, a dark gray denim pencil skirt, black tights, the Payless "Martinez" booties and a black handbag. My first stop of the day was to the main branch of the Post Office to buy a money order to renew my license stickers, there was a good crowd as I entered the building, especially in the area where people went to have passport pictures taken, got some stares from a couple of little kids with their parents while I waited in line, nothing more during the fifteen or so minutes I was there.

Back in the car, I drove over the bridge into South Jersey and to the Moorestown Mall area for lunch at Wendy's where I had a Baconator and a bottle of water, nothing is better than a burger with bacon on it. YUM! From there, it was off to the multiplex at the mall to see Ghost in the Shell which I thought was a good movie. After the film, I went into the mall which had a good crowd, even though Macy's, one of the mall's three anchor stores had closed, I went to Sears where I wandered about in the Misses clothing department before deciding on a couple of items which I've never worn before but am eager to show off on a future outing to see if I can pull it off, something I'm sure will be plenty interesting. My last stop of the day was to Best Buy for a little wandering and a little ogling of gadgets and gizmos before heading to the register with a Blu-Ray copy of Doctor Strange.

Meanwhile, I won't bore anyone with the usual commentary on how no one paid me any attention despite how I was dressed, because no one did. Yes, I know, TBG, be careful what you ask for. Heh! More to come....

Jaunt #362, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #362, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

JeffB;  Looking good.  You do manage to make booties work for you.  You have peeked my curiosity about what you bought at Sears.  I did note in the financial reports last week that Sears is in trouble.  You may have a mall with only one anchor store (and how many people but anchors :penitent:).  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

JeffB;  Looking good.  You do manage to make booties work for you.  You have peeked my curiosity about what you bought at Sears.  I did note in the financial reports last week that Sears is in trouble.  You may have a mall with only one anchor store (and how many people but anchors :penitent:).  

Thanks for the kind words. I used to be ambivalent about booties, but I've really come around to liking them. As for the mystery items I bought at Sears yesterday, well, I'll go ahead and spill the beans: they were two maxidresses that were on sale for $19.99. I was curious about how I'd look in them, so I decided to take the plunge. I want to wear more dresses, and these look like they can work. Meanwhile, its clear Sears is in big trouble, there used to be three in the region, now there's only one, and I'm not sure how long that will be around.