The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I really like the contrast of the stonewash jeans with the rest of the outfit. That's something that's missing from my wardrobe (my skinny-jeans and leggings are all dark colours) but it's a great item to have because the lighter colour on the hips makes more of a feature of them. The waistline of the jeans is perfect too, not too low-rise, not too high-rise. A belt and/or bag with a little more metallic element might add a nice sparkle to the overall look too. I can understand the "fun quotient" with the bold lipstick, and good on you for being confident enought ot give it a try, but I think if I ever wore make-up out I'd be tempted to go for the barely there look and enjoy the confused "is he isn't he?" glances.

If you like it, wear it.

Nice lippy Jeff! I think you'd look great in black skinny jeans, stonewash is a little dated... how about pushing the envelope with a bodycon dress and heels, or a smart pencil skirt (not denim :wink: )? Looking forward to the next jaunt :wink:

Nice look JeffB, You had fun and that's what counts the most. It's always fun to wear a little makeup in male mode so the lipstick was no big deal. I like to wear a little mascara sometimes and It's hardly noticeable on me even when wearing heels with my suit coat and tie. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Not into mascara or lipstick. I'm a nail polish kinda guy. Satin rose or copper is my fave. Wife likes it too! Jeff, got nail polish? Give it a try! Get a professional manicure and pedicure. They know how to do it the right way. Steve

Henri, I've been getting my nails done professionally for over a year and half. I love it. It's more than just painting nails. The manicure involves cleaning and trimming the fingernails, taking care of cuticle problems, massaging the hands, and buffing or polishing the nails. The pedicure is even more than that. My nail tech calls a pedicure the "ultimate in pampering." I couldn't put it better! It's excellent for foot health, as you know. The nail tech cleans and trims the nails, takes care of cuticle issues, exfoliates the dead skin, files calluses, gives a relaxing foot massage to restore circulation, and buffs or polishes the nails. It's a lot more foot health than just painting the toenails. Women have known this for years and I've just discovered it - I'm sure glad I did! Now back to "The Jaunts of JeffB...." Steve

My, my! Didn't think I'd get THIS much traction on a post from the spur of the moment application of a little lipstick! But that was unintentional, I assure you! HA! Outrageous! I appreciate all the comments, guys! It was fun to have given that a try to see what would happen, however, that wound up being a whole bunch of nothing while I had been out and about on Sunday, still, that was interesting in it's own way.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #172, 11/24/2012:

Even though I gorged myself like there was no tomorrow on Thanksgiving, I found I could still fit into my clothes for a new jaunt today. With the weather blustery and cold as temps barely cracked the mid 40's, the timing was great to head out in my black leather jacket over a black turtleneck and my Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in standard denim tucked into the Pleaser 4 inch heeled thigh high boots plus a black handbag and matching gloves. Suffice it to say, I felt warm and comfortable in my outfit as I went out and about, the wicked winds didn't bother me at all.

My first stop was to the University City area to tap an ATM at a branch of my bank (why pay fees if I don't have to), got a long look from a guy sitting in a car outside the bank, got another from a lady I passed as I was leaving and she was going in, she looked pretty well puzzled at what she saw, but didn't say anything, neither did the guy in the car who was still there as I returned to my vehicle. Stop number two was to the main branch of the post office to buy a money order, there was no line when I walked in, so I was able to go right to the counter to get my money order, while I was filling it out, I heard a woman's voice mutter, "Oh, Lord! Will you look at that!" I'm assuming she was talking about me, but I never turned around to see who made that comment, I understand that my appearance doesn't exactly pass muster in terms of 'normalcy' with society at large, but hey, that comes with the territory, so it doesn't bother me. I just went about my business and left.

Stop number three was to my beloved comic book shop downtown, and since today was "Small Business Saturday", I felt proud to shop at MY favorite small business. Luckily for me, I had to park a good block away from the store, meaning I got to enjoy a good walk, enjoying the sharp clicking of the heels, a most seductive sound I must say, a guy talking on his cellphone stopped in mid-conversation and gaped at me as I passed. I found that rather humorous. I spent a good twenty minutes in the store, chatted with the owner and staff, all of whom are long used to my eclectic appearance, remember, I've been in that store garbed in everything from tight jeans and thigh boots to short skirts and pumps and everything inbetween, to them, I'm just another regular customer, and that's good enough for me. On my way back to the car, I got another couple of stares, and yet, no one bother to engage me in conversation, something I would have appreciated.

Stop four was over in South Jersey and Chick-Fil-A for lunch, just like everywhere else, I got looks and stares, but no one willing to talk, they simply minded their own business. I know I've broached this question before, but I again wondered what people noticed most about me: the tight jeans, the thigh boots or the handbag, three items not exactly commonplace attire for men to be wearing. Anyhoo, I sat down, enjoyed my lunch then left, and from there, I went to the nearby Barnes & Noble, another favorite hangout, whether I'm jaunting or not, the place was plenty crowded and I got more stares here and there, but like everywhere else I had been, no one approached to me, and that's a shame. In any event, it was another enjoyable outing, wearing what I like, and looking damn good to boot, and I look forward to more adventures in the future.

post-154-0-32055600-1353792967_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-20479500-1353792977_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-46549300-1353792984_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-28124400-1353792991_thumb.jpg

Looking good there Jeff. It is amazing the reactions a pair of stiletto thigh boots get.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Looking good there Jeff. It is amazing the reactions a pair of stiletto thigh boots get.

Indeed! I can't remember the last time I had gotten that many stares while on an outing. Heh!

Nice jaunt, Jeff. With me I guess it all depends on the day. I have been in crowded places wearing 5" stiletto feminine high heels and either no one pays attention or there are quick glances and everyone goes about their business. Then there are other times in crowded places I get the stares, whispers, or even a chuckle. But either way, like you and others, i just take it all in stride and go about my business.

Nice jaunt, Jeff. With me I guess it all depends on the day. I have been in crowded places wearing 5" stiletto feminine high heels and either no one pays attention or there are quick glances and everyone goes about their business. Then there are other times in crowded places I get the stares, whispers, or even a chuckle. But either way, like you and others, i just take it all in stride and go about my business.

That's the only way to go, my friend. You can't control the reactions of people around you, so all you can do is act perfectly normal and make like what you're wearing is no big deal, because, at the end of the day, it isn't.

while I was filling it out, I heard a woman's voice mutter, "Oh, Lord! Will you look at that!" I'm assuming she was talking about me

I know I've broached this question before, but I again wondered what people noticed most about me: the tight jeans, the thigh boots or the handbag, three items not exactly commonplace attire for men to be wearing.

It's just my impression but I think it's the fact that the boots are above the knee and that's "not exactly commonplace" for women to be wearing, let alone men, that attracts so much attention. I think the gloves add a very distinctive twist to the overall look too. Maybe the muttering woman would have said the same thing if she saw a woman wearing your outfit, some people are just like that and easily shocked by fashion. If I saw you in that outfit my instinctive reaction would probably be a double take, but 3 seconds later I'd be thinking "right on dude!" and you'd have no way of knowing that. It looks like a sharp winter outfit worn with a great attitude as always. A scarf (maybe a red-wine colour) might also be a nice addition when the weather gets even colder.

If you like it, wear it.

SleekHeels: I would agree with your assessment. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen women wearing thigh high boots, I guess they're nowhere near as commonplace as the knee high variety, so for people to see a male strolling about in them, I imagine that would be quite surprising to say the least. A scarf, eh? Hmm! Interesting! Perhaps I'll give that a try for a future outing!

JeffB, Looking good my friend! It always amazes me that you are so comfortable in whatever you are wearing. I like the skinny jean look with the thigh-high boots and the leather jacket. I wear skinny jeans with booties to knee boots most usually tucked inside and I have never received a negative comment. Some stares or double takes at most. Keep up the good work. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Many thanks, bluejay! I just do the very best I can, and have fun as well. It's taken a goodly amount of effort to become as comfortable as I am on my little outings, once I came to realize that what I wear shouldn't be a big deal to anyone was when I truly became at ease in my own skin, and that's the only way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaunt #173, 12/15/2012

After nearly a month since my last jaunt, I figured it was time for a new adventure, and, for me, an interesting experiment. For anyone out there who had been curious about how a guy would look in skinny jeans and high heels, well, here I am! Gaze forth, observe and offer your opinions as I headed out in my chocolate brown faux leather jacket over a brown mockneck, the a.n.a. skinny jeans and the Payless "Radar" brown faux croc print ankle high boots. It should also be noted this this was the first time I've worn those boots since December 2008 and, much to my surprise, they still fit well and looked good while the four inch spike heels provided a satisfyingly loud click on the pavement. On top of that, I even had a handbag that matched the color of my jacket and boots. Color coordination is important!

My first stop of the day was to the city's main post office to buy stamps so I could mail off some Christmas cards. After parking near the building, I hopped out and went inside, there wasn't much of a line, only three or four, but they all hefted packages, so I wound up standing in line for a good twenty minutes or so while people came and went, but next to no one gave me any serious notice the whole time I patiently waited. After leaving the post office, I drove into town to visit my favorite comic book shop, finding a place to park took some time, little over thirty minutes in fact, and I ended up little over two blocks away from the store, but I didn't mind that as it gave me an opportunity to get in a good walk, enjoying the aforementioned loud click of the heels as I walked to the shop, I did get a couple of stares here and there as the streets had plenty of shoppers while storefronts of restaurants had plenty of diners who could see me, the longest and most overt stare came from a homeless man I passed, he turned completely around to gape at me. I found that rather humorous.

At the comic shop, it was business as usual as the staff are long used to my eclectic fashion sense. Heck, I suspect they'd be surprised if I didn't come in the shop wearing heels and/or a skirt. Heh! Departing the shop, I headed back to my car I got only one stare, as far as I could see, I pretty much went ignored, despite the tight jeans, high heels and the handbag. My last stop of the day was to Best Buy in Springfield to buy a new mouse for my computer, the place was packed, as is always the case at this time of year, but I strolled on in like I owned it, wandered up and down the aisles like every other shopper. I wound up spending over half an hour amidst scores of shoppers before leaving with my new rodent. All in all, it was a good outing as I got to experiment with a new fashion style, and it was rather exciting, more importantly, I showed that a guy CAN wear skinny jeans and heels, and look good in them. I'll definitely do that again soon.

post-154-0-43586400-1355611524_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-72395900-1355611531_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-60578400-1355611538_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-51243300-1355611545_thumb.jpg

I don't know how many looks you tried in front of the mirror before you settled on that one, but that is a really sharp and stylish look Jeff, and it sounds like you felt really confident wearing it. One of your finest outfits for sure!

If you like it, wear it.

Not bad Jeff! I am a fan of the skinny jean! I am wearing some as I type this as a matter of fact. The only thing I might of changed is the color. I would have gone darker! But thats just me! Don't let that stop ya.

Nice Jeff! Those jeans would look smashing with knee high boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't know how many looks you tried in front of the mirror before you settled on that one, but that is a really sharp and stylish look Jeff, and it sounds like you felt really confident wearing it. One of your finest outfits for sure!

Many thanks! On average, I usually spend at least thirty minutes to an hour trying variations of tops and bottoms along with footwear before I decide on an outfit. If I'm going to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, it's important to make damn sure I'm happy with what I choose, and that I look my best in whatever outfit I go out in.

Not bad Jeff! I am a fan of the skinny jean! I am wearing some as I type this as a matter of fact. The only thing I might of changed is the color. I would have gone darker! But thats just me! Don't let that stop ya.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a pair like those in black or dark stonewash.

Nice Jeff! Those jeans would look smashing with knee high boots.

Well, I have worn those jeans with my Pleaser knee high boots and that is a sharp look indeed.

JeffB, Very nice look. Yes, men can wear skinny jeans with heels. I have done so a couple of times. As I said before I am going to wear shinny leggings tucked inside my new Nine West boots with a 4" stacked oval heel. The boots have a 8" shaft on them, so they go about 4-5" above my ankle. They are not an ankle boot or a knee boot. I just like them very much and they fit well. I want to post a pic when I wear that combination, on my thread, "Heeling with bluejay". Happy Heeling, bluejay

JeffB,

Very nice look. Yes, men can wear skinny jeans with heels. I have done so a couple of times. As I said before I am going to wear shinny leggings tucked inside my new Nine West boots with a 4" stacked oval heel. The boots have a 8" shaft on them, so they go about 4-5" above my ankle. They are not an ankle boot or a knee boot. I just like them very much and they fit well. I want to post a pic when I wear that combination, on my thread, "Heeling with bluejay".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well, good for you, my friend! I'm also eager to take a spin in public wearing leggings, just to see what it's like. And as soon as I find an appropriate top, I'll certainly follow through on that promise!

Well, good for you, my friend! I'm also eager to take a spin in public wearing leggings, just to see what it's like. And as soon as I find an appropriate top, I'll certainly follow through on that promise!

Jeff

I recommend a top that is long enough to cover your tosh (which would also cover the front). This can be worn with or without a belt. The belt emphasizes a trim waist (but emphasizes the lack thereof).

I have been wearing black leggings with a normal (and long) length top but with a blazer that covers my tosh. I sometimes add a short leather skirt. I pair this with black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels.

I find the look very comfortable physically and mentally.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff

I recommend a top that is long enough to cover your tosh (which would also cover the front). This can be worn with or without a belt. The belt emphasizes a trim waist (but emphasizes the lack thereof).

I have been wearing black leggings with a normal (and long) length top but with a blazer that covers my tosh. I sometimes add a short leather skirt. I pair this with black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels.

I find the look very comfortable physically and mentally.

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to do some shopping this weekend for a suitable top/shirt/sweater along those guidelines. I already bought a couple pairs of black leggings and, I must say they look good on me, what with my long legs. Can't wait to wear them on a jaunt! I'm sure I'll be just as comfortable in them as you are. Meanwhile, I'm still in search of a nice sweaterdress as I'm most eager to wear one. I'll keep everyone appraised on my progress.

Jaunt #174, 12/23/2012

Even though it was very sunny this morning, the temps didn't match the brightness as temps were only in the low 30's at 11 a.m. as I prepped for a new jaunt. Despite the biting chill in the air, I was hellbent on wearing a miniskirt, so I did. before you think I've taken leave of my senses, there was a method to my madness as I was eager to wearing leggings in public for the first time ever to see if they'd keep me warm, paired up with my black leather jacket, a black turtleneck and the Pleaser 4 inch "Vanity" knee boots (complete with new heel tips) along with a handbag. Stepping outside, I was pleased to discover it wasn't all that bad as the leggings certainly did do their job, on top of that, as you can see in the photos below, they looked pretty good on me.

My first stop was downtown to tap an ATM for some cash. Stepping out of the car, a bus motored past and a few passengers craned their heads at me as it went by. As I crossed the street to get to the bank, a classic nuclear family (father, mother, young son and daughter) of East Indian descent walked past, but none of the gave me so much as a glance. From there, I drove into New Jersey and headed over to the Barnes & Noble bookstore near the Moorestown Mall, the parking lot was nearly full, leading me to figure the store probably would be too, but I didn't care, so I hopped out and headed into the store, I even paused to hold the door for a trio of young women who nodded and thanked me for my chivalry, nothing more. Just as I thought, the store was pretty packed, but I wander to and fro, earning not so much as a glance from the many shoppers, armed with half a dozen sci-fi magazines, I retreated to the lounge area, took off my jacket, sat, crossed my legs like a woman so others could see the leggings and boots. No reactions.

Now, for an observation. The first time I wore the 17 inch Old Navy dark denim skirt I sported two years or so ago, I had been rather self-conscious because of how short it was with my long legs, on that occasion, I refused to sit anywhere, save for in my car where no one would see me. Today however was extremely different as I felt no nervousness at all while sitting, standing or walking about in that same skirt, nor was I nervous about being seen in it the whole time I was out, if anything, I actually found myself feeling more than a little disappointed that my skirt wasn't shorter. That's how at ease and comfortable I felt, how much I enjoyed wearing that mini. For those members here like thighbootguy and Heel-Lover who regularly wear short skirts, I'm sure they understand how I feel, heck, they might even be nodding in agreement as they read my words of wit(?). I must say that my outing was a hell of a lot more fun than sitting on my couch watching the hapless Eagles lose yet again. More fun in skirts and leggings to come....

post-154-0-46175500-1356301242_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-67276200-1356301248_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-74184000-1356301255_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-61081400-1356301262_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff,

first of all: congrats on the skirt (I really like that jeans skirt!) and the boldness to wear it in public. I've been wearing skirts and kilts with knee-high boots for a while now, and bought a "mini" wool skirt that ends about a hand-width length above the knee (so it's still longer than yours) earlier this month. So far, I didn't wear it outside, primarily because of the lack of a nice fitting jacket.

I don't know whether it's just me, but I find it quite hard to get a proper outfit together with a skirt during winter-time (it's really cold here).

I totally like your combination - apart from the jacket. When I look at women who wear skirts, they often pair it with a moto leather jacket that ends where the skirt starts and is cut very narrow (sample picture here). I am not sure how something like this would look in your case, as you seem to be quite muscular. In general, men's jacket are all about making you look bigger, while women's jackets tend to be cut in a way that is more narrow / doesn't look as big.

I have tried to find a down-jacket (puffer jacket) that is cut narrow & very short, but doesn't have any breast darts. Didn't have any success :-(

So right now I only have one wool-jacket that is cut the way I like, but which isn't warm enough for winter. I am currently considering sewing my own wool-jacket, based on this one (which is going to be difficult because of the leather), just to have a jacket that fits perfectly to a skirt. Do you have similar considerations regarding the jacket?

freestyle75: Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated! Regarding the issue you raised about jackets, I've had nothing but trouble finding a proper fitting women's jacket of ANY style since I'm simply too tall for anything to look appropriate on me, and heaven knows I've tried on lots of jackets in department stores with no success, so I stick with men's jackets, the ONLY piece of men's attire I wear on my wintertime outings. ilikekicks: In terms of skirts? No, not really. I've always preferred darker colors as I think they suit me better.