The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

...no one paid me any mind as I casually went about my business of filling my cart, heck, I barely even got any looks from other shoppers... I did spy a couple of odd glances here and there, nothing more than that... Still, deep down inside, I did sort of wish someone engaged me in conversation about my attire.

Perhaps a victim of your own success Jeff, you do so well in making the effort and putting together a coordinated look and the more it "works" the more likely you are to be accepted by those who even notice. I'd guess most times you have got positive comments have been when you've tried bolder (but still coordinated) looks, right? In any case, sharing that wish (and the usual disappointment) actually encourages me to compliment someone I see who's put a great look together, and actually I think wearing heels at the time makes it much easier to do that.

Anyway, nice jaunts and thought-provoking reflections.

If you like it, wear it.

Still, deep down inside, I did sort of wish someone engaged me in conversation about my attire.

That is always my hope when I go out too. But I usually come up empty handed on that front. I guess no pointing and laughing is a small victory. So beggars can't be choosers. It would still be nice though. I like the capris of yours by the way.

SleekHeels: Many thanks for your comments. What you said certainly makes sense, that the more tasteful and, well, "ordinary" my outfits look, the less I tend to be noticed. And I do put a goodly amount of work into what I wear since it reflects upon me as a freestyler, and I do want to present a positive image as best I can. Well, if I want comments, I guess I need to wear something more provocative, say like a miniskirt with thigh boots. Heh! Mr. X: Yeah, no pointing and laughing is a moral victory! Can't argue that, my friend! Thanks for the kind words on the new capri pants. I'm really digging capris and will wear them more often as summer continues.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Over dressed? never. I figure if you present yourself well, coordinated, you are at least capable of receiving that compliment or at least a discussion, about what you wear. Even if those communications are far and between. Or, at the very least, you generate a bit of respect from those whom otherwise might show a loose tongue. BTW, Love the red shirt.

Jaunt #111, 7/23/2011:

Despite temperatures reaching into triple digits (we peaked at around 101), that didn't stop me from going out on a jaunt, but I made a note to dress casually, taking the weather fully into account with today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A blue K-Mart polo shirt, my 22 inch denim skirt, the Blondo loafers and my Buxton bag. Given how hot it was, a skirt was far and away the best option, and I don't mind saying that I did feel measurably cooler and more comfortable than I would have in jeans. I also felt, well, freer, more at ease in my skirt and loafers than I would've in jeans and heels, and that made the experience today all the more enjoyable. My first stop of the day was downtown and my favorite comic book shop, I passed a couple of people while on my way there, but no one paid me any mind, after some twenty minutes in the shop, I walked around the corner to a convenience store to buy a paper, people saw me but didn't stare or do double takes. From there, it was off to South Jersey for the third straight Saturday, I headed to the Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall and went on in, now, I did get some stares and raised eyebrows from patrons, not to mention a couple of little kids pointing at me, but that was the extent of things while I ate lunch.

Stop number three was to the multiplex at Moorestown Mall to see Captain America: The First Avenger, as I approached the door, two black men, one in his thirties, the other fairly younger, sniggered and chuckled at me in passing, the older man muttered, "Damn! He's wearing a dress!", and over my shoulder I replied, "Nope, just a skirt." And we both continued on our separate ways. I find it a shame that society still has this hangup over gender and clothing, I mean, would someone have muttered to a girl or woman, "Damn! She's wearing pants"? Of course not, but men don't get that same latitude when wearing clothing from the Ladies' department. I guess that in some instances, society still has a long way to go before reaching enlightenment. Anyhoo, I went in and saw the movie and liked it, a perfect summertime popcorn flick that was quite enjoyable. After the movie, I headed off for the nearby Barnes & Noble where I bought an anime magazine and the Blu-Ray version of Some Like It Hot. A bit of irony, considering how I was dressed? Maybe, I'll leave that up to your judgment.

From there, it was off to Best Buy where I spent a solid half-hour gazing at all the hi-tech gadgets, the palce was fairly busy, but again, no one paid me any mind, save for the occasional salesperson who asked me if I needed any help, clearly they didn't see a guy in a skirt, they saw someone out to spend money, and I did, leaving the store with an anime DVD, and that was it for the day. Despite the blazing heat, I felt comfortable as wearing a skirt has become as natural to me as breathing, and, it's great fun too! In retrospect, maybe I should've worn something shorter than I did. Heh! Maybe next time.

Jeff,

Your total outfit is cool. I mean that in regard to fashion and temperature. The temperature here in the Midwest has daily been closer to 110 everyday. They say we'll cool down to 102 all next week (that's cool???). I have said in several posts that I have been tempted to wear shorts and high heels in public outings but haven't reached that point yet. But if it stays as hot it has been, it will be tempting. I spent a day in high heels last Thursday while wearing slacks, polo shirt, and high heels. I had an enjoyable day, but it was hot! Congrats on your jaunt, Jeff.

Well, the weather was miserable the whole weekend, 103 on Friday, 101 on Saturday and a mere 98 on Sunday. I should've had my head examined for being out on Saturday which felt worse than Friday, but I couldn't resist, however, wearing that skirt kept me cool, so it was a victory of sorts.

A guy dissapaears for a while and what does he miss? Your decision to wear only women's clothes when on an outing, a major milestone, your first dress (which looked killer by the way), and to top it off the Jaunts of JeffB is about to have 1000 total posts! Way to go. I for one can say that maintaining a thread as you have is a difficult undertaking and quite a commitment. You are to be commended for sharing your thoughts and experience as well as an evolving fashion sense. You look fantastic in jeans and capris, and of course skirts. Thanks for continuing to inspire and show guys all over the world that wearing heels is not a big deal and a big deal all at the same time.

Style is built from the ground up!

rxrenesis: Many thanks, my friend. HappyFeat: Welcome back, stranger! Glad to see you swung by! How are you doing? Yes, I've been keeping busy with my little adventures, and having lots of fun too. As for that outing in a dress, I'm proud to say you were the inspiration for that from your past outings. Wearing a dress had been an incredibly thrilling and uplifting experience for me, one I definitely plan to repeat in the future. Having evolved in my fashion sense was an important milestone as just wearing the shoes simply wasn't enough for me, I had to put together a complete package in my public presentations, and wearing women's clothes presented that outlet for me. No way I can go back now, I love what I'm doing too much! I'm glad to be looked upon as an inspiration to others, I'll continue doing my very best in that regard.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, so pardon me for a brief interruption. HappyFeat, it's great to see you back. We've missed you! Please visit more often and post as much as you can. You're an inspiration, too, just as JeffB is, so don't go away for months on end! Thanks, now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Steve

I don't mean to hijack this thread, so pardon me for a brief interruption.

HappyFeat, it's great to see you back. We've missed you! Please visit more often and post as much as you can. You're an inspiration, too, just as JeffB is, so don't go away for months on end!

Thanks, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Steve

I second that emotion! Don't be a stranger, HF!

Jaunt #112, 7/31/2011:

During my commentary from last week's jaunt, I joked about wearing a shorter skirt for a future trip. Well, I kept that particular promise with today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A navy polo shirt paired with my Old Navy 17 inch denim skirt, the Blondo loafers and my trusty Buxton bag. It had been awhile since I last wore something that short, but I looked forward to the opportunity, so I headed off to the western 'burbs, my first stop being to visit an old friend who is in the process of passing away. That "friend" in question was the Borders bookstore in Springfield where I have visited many, many times, either with my laptop to write or to read, but now, with the parent company in bankruptcy and unable to find a corporate sugar daddy to keep going, the remaining stores in the Borders chain immediately began going out of business sales. It was kinda sad to see the place being picked over like vultures with a carcass as the place was fairly busy with customers snatching up bargains, so no one paid me much attention as I strolled the aisles, finally snatching up a couple of marvel graphic novels for a grand total of twenty bucks.

With the store's lounge area closed, I had to go to Starbucks up the road for something to drink, there was a long line and I was behind a cute girl in a denim skirt that looked to be shorter than mine, don't think she noticed me though. From there, it was off to Best Buy where I was in search of a new pair of headphones as my old ones had give up the ghost. As was often the case on a Sunday afternoon, there was a good crowd in the place, but again, no one paid me much attention, maybe an odd look or a double take, and that's stretching things a tad, and I stuck around for nearly half an hour to make sure before I left with a pair of Bose headphones. Of course, that didn't mean I might have been photographed on the sly, you never know these days, and I was in the one place where cameras of all shapes and sizes were plentiful. Feeling emboldened, I headed into downtown Philly to try my luck. Once in the Rittenhouse Square area, it took a good twenty minutes to find a parking space, but once I did, I hopped out and went for a stroll.

The stifling heat (it was around 90 degrees) made me appreciate the true value of wearing a skirt. On such a hot day, if you're wearing pants or jeans, you definitely feel the heat on a day like this, and that saps your strength. However I felt cool and comfortable and refreshed as I walked through Rittenhouse Park in my skirt, and still, no one gave me so much as the time of day, a funny look or a belly laugh at my attire. After strolling into Barnes & Noble, I bought some manga, left the store, returned to the park and sat on a bench, in plain view of passersby for a good twenty minutes. Still nothing. I would've stayed longer as it I was in the shade and it was quite pleasant, but my time on the meter was ticking down and I had to return to my car. So, summertime and the living is easy, especially in a skirt, and I had a great time!

Just been reading through some of this thread, and seriously dude, you have some serious balls to go out dressed like that! Kudos mate! I havent even had the gonads to take a walk down the street at night in heels yet :irked: but this is inspiring me to go for my first steps outside when my boots arrive :smile: it will be late at night, but its a start. Keep it up with the jaunts, Im thoroughly enjoying reading about them! Take Care! PS You have one helluva pair of legs on you mate! I may be slightly envious!

Yea, when I heard that Borders was going out I thought of you Jeff. A little higher on the skirt and you can show off a pair of gartered thigh high stockings. :irked:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bose headphones along with a 17" denim shirt... both excellent choices! Of course the skirt would look better with your thigh boots but failing that, the outfit looks very nice and I'll bet it was comfortable. Remember that most guys (even posters on this forum) have no idea what you're talking about when you say a short skirt is comfortable in this warm weather and can only use their imagination.

I understand the loss of your "friend" especially since it was a bookstore but such is the way of modern business. We still have a few locally owned bookstores in my area and I do believe in supporting our local business, even if it costs a few dollars more. Providing employment for "book people" is worth it.

"I was behind a cute girl in a denim skirt that looked to be shorter than mine…". Don’t you just hate it when that happens? :irked:

Sounds like you had a grand outing and are now in the market for a shorter skirt.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

ShyHeelGuy: Serious balls, or a total lack of sanity? Sometimes, I tend to lean more towards the latter than the former! :irked: But hey! It's all about having fun! And I'm enjoying what I'm doing! Oh, and thanks for the compliment! You're not the first guy here who said I have great legs! :smile: Shafted: Hmm! That's a thought! Uhh, do they still make those things? :smile: TBG: Oh yes, the skirt was very comfortable. When it comes to describing how that feels, I guess you could say that it all comes down to the copious lack of material on your legs which makes you feel, well, lighter and more airy. I daresay that not even shorts can duplicate that feeling. As for a shorter skirt, well, I don't know, I'll just take that under advisement.

Another great outing JeffB. Well done !

...As for a shorter skirt, well, I don't know, I'll just take that under advisement.

I heard about a "fashion rule" for women > No mini-skirt if you are over 35 !

Maybe this rule don't apply to men ? :irked:

I heard about a "fashion rule" for women > No mini-skirt if you are over 35 ! Maybe this rule don't apply to men ? :irked:

Do tell! Never heard of that rule! And I pay absolutely NO attention to it! :smile:

Do tell! Never heard of that rule! And I pay absolutely NO attention to it! :smile:

A "fashion rule" is an oxymoron, but it does make sense to me especially for women… for guys however the concept is if you have the guts to wear one, go for it. Even with all the gender equality concepts that we daily encounter, I don't think anyone would look at a guy in a mini skirt (regardless of his age) the same way they would look at a female under 35 that’s wearing one. I don't think us guys over 35 (or under 35 for that matter) that have sported a mini skirt have much to worry about as far as breaking that rule is concerned, besides; rules are made to be broken, and that one is just for the gals.

JeffB, you absolutely right…" pay absolutely NO attention to it." :irked:

TBG (with way too much time on his hands)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Saturday was a busy day as I indulged in a "Jaunting Doubleheader". Read on!

Jaunt #113, 8/6/2011:

MORNING: With weather reports having called for morning rain on Sunday when I usually go grocery shopping, I decided to go Saturday morning. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A red K-Mart polo shirt, a 17 inch denim skort from JCPenney, the Payless "Janis" low heeled pumps and my trusty Buxton bag. It never occured to me that wearing something that short that early inn the morning might have been a tad beyond the norm, but I wanted to wear that skort, plain and simple. I arrived at the supermarket shortly after seven a.m., hopped right out and walked inside, no fuss, no problem, given the hour, there were only a sparse number of people in the store, and what few shoppers there were didn't pay much attention to a guy in his short skort during the time I was there, save for a Hispanic couple who gave me an exaggerated double take in the cereal aisle as I walked past. For me, the hardest part of the outing in the market was braving the frozen food aisle and that chilly air against my bare legs. In other words----BBRRRRRR! Otherwise, no big deal, it was a pleasant little outing.

Jaunt #114, 8/6/2011:

AFTERNOON: A little after ten a.m., I headed out on the afternoon portion of my busy day, and here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A white K-Mart polo shirt, the 17 inch denim skirt I had worn on Jaunt #112 (yeah, I was in the mood for showing off my legs), the Payless "Janis" pumps and my Buxton bag. It was sunny but not too terribly humid at the time when I left the house, so it felt very comfortable to wear the skirt, and I felt quite at ease in it as well, not to mention that it was great fun as well. It was also fun to wear the Janis pumps as the low heels made a pleasantly sharp and loud clicking on the sidewalk, just the way I like my heels to sound. Didn't get much if any stares while at the ATM, followed by my stop at my local comic book shop where I spent a good twenty minutes, then I went around the corner to a nearby convenience store for a newspaper, making sure I was seen before driving over the bridge and into South Jersey where I went to the Barnes & Noble to wander about. Again, didn't garner much attention as I spent a good half hour there before going to the checkout with a Doctor Who video (Destiny of the Daleks with Tom Baker), then I headed over to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

Now here, I got plenty of stares and double takes, mainly from diners, some with young kids in tow as there was a good crowd in the store, I'll admit it was more than a tad unnerving, but I managed to shut it all out while I enjoyed two chicken salad sammiches. Yum! After leaving the store, I drove over to Best Buy to wander about in what I call gizmo heaven, even though the place was fairly crowded, I got precious few stares, unlike at Chick-Fil-A, why, I have no idea. In any event, the lack of stares relaxed me considerably and I was able to enjoy my time there, and I spent half an hour there before leaving with Conan The Barbarian (the original with Ah-nold) on Blu-Ray. Leery of the weather, and wanting to watch the Phillies face the San Fran Giants, I headed back home after another successful outing. Wandering about in public in a short skirt was exhilirating and definitely something I plan to do more as summer continues.

JeffB –

Both outfits look great, I like the second one with the white polo shirt a little better. (Without me saying it you know how I think you could improve the look.

[<-- see avitar] :smile:)

Mini skirts do attract attention but, aside from being very comfortable in warm weather, that’s why folks (guys and gals) wear them; so don’t argue with success.

My only concern with either outing was “I enjoyed two chicken salad sammiches”, The mini would look better if you cut that down to one. :irked:

Great post Jeff.

Thighbootguy: Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I am indeed aware of how a miniskirt can be improved! Well, give me another month or so and I'll add that extra "ingredient"! HA! Meanwhile, I plan on wearing my miniskirt more over the rest of summer, and yes, I am aware that I could probably stand to enjoy less of my favorite fast food! :irked: kfsteve391: Well, I simply do the very best I can while enjoying myself at the same time. I'm glad you enjoy reading my exploits.

JeffB –

My only concern with either outing was “I enjoyed two chicken salad sammiches”, The mini would look better if you cut that down to one. :irked:

Great post Jeff.

I agree that it's a great post. But I think Jeff can handle two "chichen salad sammiches" occasionally because he's already tall and thin. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #115, 8/20/2011:

Well, I was back in harness for another fun filled Saturday outing in my miniskirt. Here's what I wore today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A red, K-Mart camp shirt, the 17 inch Old Navy denim miniskirt, the Blondo loafers and my Buxton bag. I must say that the more I wear that skirt, the more fun it becomes, I find it deliciously daring to be a man who boldly wears so short a skirt in public for all to see, and on a hot day like this one was, it was also supremely comfortable, moreso that even the omnipresent baggy cargo shorts seemingly EVERY male sports, like they were programmed to do. I'm glad I shy far away from that particular herd to wear what I like. Anyhoo, I headed downtown for a few stops, first to an ATM for some spending money, passed by your typical "nuclear" family (husband, wife, two small kids), no one said a thing or even looked at me funny. Then I drove to my favorite comic shop, parked almost a block away and walked to the store, drawing no attention. Twenty minutes later, I went back down the block and around the corner to a store to buy my Powerball ticket for tonight's drawing. No problemo.

From there, it was off to South Jersey where I went to the Chick-Fil-A store near the Moorestown Mall for lunch, going into the store, I saw that it was fairly crowded as it was just after noon, but no one paid me any mind as I placed my order, got my food (in deference to Thighbootguy, I only bought one chicken salad sammich, heh!), sat down and ate. By the time I had finished, the place had become even more crowded, but I simply got up and left, no big deal. Then it was off to Barnes & Noble to buy some manga, then to Best Buy for half an hour's worth of gazing at all those delightful electronic gadgets, the store was also pretty crowded, but again, no one gave me so much as the time of day, save for those roving salespeople who came to ask if I needed help, which I didn't, but it's always nice to be asked. Finally, I left the store with just released Blu-Ray versions of Priest and one of my many favorite cinematic guilty pleasures, Demolition Man. My last stop of the day was to Moorestown Mall itself where I went in to buy a lemonade to sip on for the trip back home. All in all, a good time.

Oh, yeah, let me give you some much needed and vital advice. If you choose to go out and about in a short skirt during the heat of summer, be sure to put a sunshade in the windshield AND a towel on the driver's seat, otherwise, your thighs will suffer big time when you return to your car and sit down on a blistering hot seat. And my seats are leather which can be even worse! YOW! Another bit of advice for skirt wearing, if you act like it's no big deal, everyone else will feel the same way. Plain and simple. Meanwhile, more outings to come....

Another great outing JeffB ! Very nice skirt. Even if it is shorter, it fit's you very well. I'm sure many women looking at you are jealous saying to themselves "Look at these legs !" Well done ! PS: Please send me some "positive energy" so I can wear my denim skirt in public the same way as you do, in such a normal and natural way :irked:

Jaunt #115, 8/20/2011:

Oh, yeah, let me give you some much needed and vital advice. If you choose to go out and about in a short skirt during the heat of summer, be sure to put a sunshade in the windshield AND a towel on the driver's seat, otherwise, your thighs will suffer big time when you return to your car and sit down on a blistering hot seat. And my seats are leather which can be even worse! YOW! Another bit of advice for skirt wearing, if you act like it's no big deal, everyone else will feel the same way. Plain and simple. Meanwhile, more outings to come....

Not that all be wearing a skirt anytime soon, but thanks for the tip! And it sound like you had another enjoyable outing. Keep it up!

danielp6406: Well, the very first time out in a skirt can be a tad unnerving, but once you have, it gets easier. It's just clothing after all, why people make such a big deal out of clothing and how it's foolishly associated with gender makes no sense. It's all about being at ease with yourself, once you've mastered that, you'll enjoy your outings while learning just how much fun it is to wear a skirt. Mr. X: Yep! Sure did! A fun little trip indeed!