The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

8/31/2010:

A few months ago, I mentioned that I had bought a pair of capri pants which I planned to wear on an outing with heels. Well, here's that outfit for today's jaunt:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A blue polo shirt, the aforementioned capri pants (both from JCPenney), the Payless "Hazel" pumps, bare legs and a new short strap handbag as the strap on my previous one had broken the other day. I'm sure everyone here is shocked thinking, "Wow! Jeff's not wearing a skirt! Is he sick or something?" HA! Nope! I just wanted to take those capri pants for a spin and see what they were like. Well, they fit snug but not too snug and were quite comfortable to wear. Also, at the risk of sounding boastful, I thought they looked good on me with my long legs, pairing them with heels only improved the overall image. So, today, I headed out west again to the Borders inn Springfield, but this time, I had my laptop with me and I spent nearly four hours in the lounge indulging in some writing. The store was rather quiet, more quiet than normal and that leant to a relaxing experience as I busied myself tapping away on my machine. By around two, I decided it was time to eat, so I packed up and went down the road to Subway for a late lunch.

My next stop was further out west to Micro Center (a computer store chain) where I needed to buy a USB hub for my computer. Just like Best Buy, I love to wander the aisles and ogle at stuff, the store was mildly busy with customers, but while trying to decide what hub to buy, a guy purposely stared down at my feet as he walked by, openly frowning as he did. Even after he was a good ten or so feet away, he looked back to stare again at my feet. he didn't say anything, didn't giggle, chortle or chuckle, he just stared. I'm sure I must have made for quite a sight. And wouldn't you know it, just a few minutes later, another guy stared at my feet, looking openly perplexed. I found it rather humorous, if anything, I thought people would take notice more of my pants than my shoes, oh well, what do I know? Heh! That just goes to show that society still has a wee bit of a hangup over men wearing women's clothing and/or shoes, if a woman were seen wearing combat boots or wing tips, no one would give her so much as a glance, but a man standing tall in high heels is still something of an oddity to the world at large.

Well, that's the world's hangup, not mine. This is the main reason why I go to great lengths to look as stylish and tasteful as humanly possible when on my outings so I can present a proper and positive image of a true fashion freestyler instead of being seen as some sort of freak or deviant just because I choose to wear women's clothing and/or shoes. While to tiny segments of the populace with closed minds who are unable or unwilling to expand their horizons, they'll see me as an object of derision regardless of how well I'm dressed, but to those willing to accept alternatives in fashion, perhaps they'll see me and say, "Who cares if he's wearing a skirt and heels, he looks good!" That's my goal.

Looks Great Jeff!!! A nice mix of masculine and fem to show that we as MEN can still be a MAN and wear what we want! Great Job!!!!

real men wear heels

Jeff, very nice outfits as always and I am always amazed at how well simply brush off your encounters with these people that are not ready for change. :) When I've had incidents similar to the teens laughing or someone frowning, smirking, or staring perplexedly, I struggle at keeping my cool and have to fight an urge to make a quick escape. So far my reaction to these is to nervously smile back and try to carry on as I can feel a rush of adreneline and tension inside me that I am sure is obvious, and I probably end up walking a bit faster than I should at that point. At any rate, I think its great you are leading the way so boldly and doing it in style :)

Thanks for the kind words on my latest outfit, everyone. I appreciate your comments. I kinda wondered at first how the capri pants would be received, but I was eager to take them for a spin anyway, and I'm glad I did because I thought I looked darn good in them, and paired with the pumps, the outfit really popped. What's more, I really enjoyed wearing the capris and plan to take them out for another jaunt soon. As for the attention I received in that computer store, well, I suppose I did catch those guys by surprise, especially if they've never seen anything like a guy wearing women's pants and shoes before, so their reactions were rather predictable. No big deal really, though I'm sure I left them wondering big time. HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I've had incidents similar to the teens laughing or someone frowning, smirking, or staring perplexedly, I struggle at keeping my cool and have to fight an urge to make a quick escape.

hhboots! Natural reaction. Human nature is to flee from uncomfortable situations -- as quickly and as fast as possible out of situations that are perceived as "hostile."

Walking in high heels along the street at night and suddenly being lit up in the glaring lights of an approaching automobile can send you scurrying for the dark so fast that the quick movement is bound to attract more attention than if you had just continued on at a normal pace (Like a bug on the floor when you turn on the light). It's awfully difficult to resist fleeing, isn't it?

Funny thing is, that even after years of wearing woman's shoes in public, I still get fleeting moments of "alarm" whenever something like that happens -- although not as acute as they were when I began wearing heels in public, what's left of the "feeling" is still there.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Funny thing is, that even after years of wearing woman's shoes in public, I still get fleeting moments of "alarm" whenever something like that happens -- although not as acute as they were when I began wearing heels in public, what's left of the "feeling" is still there.

Well, that makes two of us. I also experience that little "twinge" of nervousness from time to time, mainly from never knowing what to expect from people who see me. Even though 99.5% of the time, no one gives me so much as the time of day, even when I wear a skirt, that "feeling" Bubba mention still persists. But I don't let that stop me from going out and having fun on my outings.

latindancer: Thanks for the kind words! I'll continue to do the very best I can!

9/4/2010:

Just a short outing on Saturday as I went out for the express purpose of getting a cheap thrill. What do I mean by that? I'll explain shortly, but first, here's what i wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A white polo shirt, the long Old Navy A-line skirt, the Payless "Karma" pumps, bare legs and my new short strap handbag. Now for that explanation, with Hurricane Earl having passed well off the coast, we were left with plenty of sunshine, blue skies, comfortable temps and, more importantly, rather windy, and that was the impetus for my outing as I wanted to experience wearing a long, light fabric skirt on a windy day, so I headed out to my favorite neck of the woods, the western 'burbs and the Springfield area. My first stop was to the Borders bookstore where I parked a goodly distance from the front door, getting out of the car, I enjoyed the exciting double thrill of hearing my heels clacking loudly on the ground while the stiff breeze blew the skirt like a flag, though (and this is crucial) not to the point of indecency. I walked with a smile on my face and with a proud stride, as if I owned the parking lot, I looked great and I felt great. I think a passerby twisted his head to stare at me but I ignored him.

Once inside, I picked up the latest football magazines, bought a large iced tea and made myself at home in the lounge area where I read for nearly ninety minutes, legs crossed like a woman. Then, it was off to lunch at the nearby Subway, it was still windy, so I again enjoyed feeling the skirt blow about me, such a fantastic feeling! Lunch was unremarkable as I had a six inch meatball on wheat (yum), then it was off to Best Buy to see what was new. Even though it was quite crowded there, as is often the case on Saturdays, no one made a scene regarding my attire or said anything to me, save for those blue shirted BB personnel who dutifully asked if I needed help. I spent well over half an hour roaming the aisles before purchasing the Blu-Ray versions of The Godfather and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. After that, it was off for home to watch some college football as the new season had kicked off. All in all, another pleasant freestyling adventure where I thrilled to a cheap thrill.

Very nice Autumn out you're wearing, Jeff. You look cool and comfortable. And you're right, it was great having the college football season start again. I watched a few games,but being from Kanasas, I watched the Kansas Stae/UCLA game in its entirety and it turned out to be a great first game of the season. I love Subway and have not been in there in high heels. My next day out I'll go there for their great sandwiches and see if I get any reactions.

This is a very nice skirt JeffB, Well done !

About the "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" movie.

I have it in standard DVD and the exterior scenes are stunning and beautiful.

I can imagine how amazing they would be in Blu-Ray !

I think I will buy it in Blu-Ray version as well...

Can you let me know how the quality is in Blu-Ray ?

roniheels: Thanks for the kind words! While I enjoy college football, it's the NFL I can't wait for! Going to Subway is no big deal, at least not to me anyway. If no one pays attention to your footwear in other places, the same will hold true there as well. danielp6406: I'll be sure to let you know what CTHD looks like in high definition. I have no doubt it'll be awesome!

You must wear a slip under a chiffon skirt

Hmm! Now that sounds like an intriguing idea! I might just give that a try!

• 2 weeks later...

9/19/2010:

A brief outing today as I wanted to get back home in time to watch the hometown Eagles on the road against Detroit. The game just ended with the Birds escaping with a 35-32 win over the Lions for their first victory of the new season. Whew! Despite my outing being brief, I was able to conduct a little experiment with wearing low heels on an outing, namely these shoes:

Posted Image

The "Janis" pump from Payless which I had bought a couple of weeks ago, a plain and simplistic pump with a 2 1/2 heel (measured from the back), I had been curious about what it would be like to wear these shoes on an outing. And here's the outfit I wore with them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My gray blazer over a black mockneck top, black 19 inch denim skirt and short strap handbag, all from JCPenney, by the way. I looked at this outfit as sort of casual dressy, and while it might have been just a wee bit over the top stylewise for a Sunday morning, I always seek to look my best when on an outing. The main purpose for the outing was to break in the new shoes, find out what they were like, and, much to my delight, the Janis pumps were very comfortable, and the heels made a loud and satisfying click on the ground. As everyone here who knows me is well aware that I like my heels to be good and loud, the louder the better, none of that stealth stuff for me. I want people to know I'm coming and draw their own conclusions about my appearance. I headed out to the western 'burbs and my first stop was to Office Depot in Springfield to buy a couple of reams of paper for my printer. After entering, the first salesperson who saw me called me sir and asked if I needed help, I told him what I needed and was taken to the aisle in question where I picked out the paper I needed, recycled if anyone's curious.

Stop number two on my short outing was to Borders, I arrived just as the store was opening for the day and, as usual, I parked a goodly distance from the door so I could enjoy a lengthy walk to the front door while enjoying the sharp sound of my heels and seeing my reflection in the storefront. You know, the usual stuff. Heh! Once inside, I grabbed three Mac magazines, bought a cup of iced tea and retreated to the lounge area to read. Now, I wasn't alone in the lounge area, four women, a young girl and an even younger boy were all gathered at a table, the women were chatting about wedding plans while the girl and boy (fidgety as hell with a whiny voice) kept themselves occupied. Thirty minutes into my time in the lounge, the little boy walked around to where I sat, stared at me curiously for several long moments, but didn't say anything to me, rather, he went back to the table he sat at when his mother called to him. Ten minutes later, the group finished their chat, got up and left, the kid never said so much as a peep about me, something I found surprising as it's been my bitter experience that little kids were always quick to loudly proclaim about seeing a man in a dress, but he didn't.

Twenty minutes later while I waited in line to buy one of those Mac mags, I got into a lively chat with an older gentleman standing behind me about today's Eagles game and their chances of beating Detroit. I found it ironically humorous to be engaged in manly talk about sports while wearing a short skirt and heels and carrying a handbag, but hey, it was great fun, and the fellow I talked with enjoyed talking football too. All in all, it was a good outing, though, sadly brief as I felt very comfortable, especially the shoes and easily could've stayed out for another several hours, but the Eagles demanded my attention, so I headed straight home. As for wearing low heels, I found it to have been an enjoyable experience for me, and I think the Janis pumps worked to perfection with the outfit I wore while I think I proved that you don't always have to wear sky high heels to look stylish. I'll definitely have to wear those shoes again soon.

Hi Jeff, looking good as always! Its fun wearing different heel heights - they feel very different and are a totally different experience to walk around in. Lower heels can also be more challenging to wear - I find some of mine skid a little more than the higher ones - and I find them wobblier side to side than the higher ones (but maybe thats just me?) Your legs look great - and its good to tone back the heels a little when paired with a short skirt like that... too much leg is just too much sometimes - even when you do have the legs to show off!!! I assume you wax your legs? Cheers Heel-Lover

Your legs look great - and its good to tone back the heels a little when paired with a short skirt like that... too much leg is just too much sometimes - even when you do have the legs to show off!!! I assume you wax your legs?

Wax my legs? Nahhh! But I do put lotion on them before going out. Now that Fall is here and the weather is cooling, I can't wait to break out the hosiery which makes my legs look even better than they already do! Heh! Thanks for the kind words!

Great look,Jeff.Maybe you can try a short tailored jacket also.Looks great with skirt,heels and blouse.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll see what I can do about that!

Jeff.

Wearing high heels are one thing but dressing like you do in public, how does it make you feel? Why do it? How do you really think people react when they see you?

Q: How does it make me feel?

A: Great!

Q: Why do I do it?

A: It's fun!

Q: How do I really think people react when they see me?

A: I don't read minds, and no one ever says anything to me, so I have no idea.

Jeff.

Wearing high heels are one thing but dressing like you do in public, how does it make you feel? Why do it? How do you really think people react when they see you?

Sorry for answering that since it is not for me, but couldn't help it.A good answer is:striving for fashion equality between the sexes and even options of self expression!

I share Jeff's enthusiasm. I love wearing high heels in public. Itis fun and exciting. I enjoy every single reaction I receive. And Jeff and others who wear high heels in public are inspirations to me. Their posts give me ideas where to wear high heels that I haven't worn them before.

Isn't fun, liberation and personal gratification just three of the reasons we have for wearing high heels? And doing so in public only increases the fun exponentially. It's all been a great rush for me, and I intend to keep the roll going. Now I don't expect or advocate anyone here to follow in my steps and wear skirts as I do since I've come to find wearing pants and/or jeans on my jaunts to be a tad boring, that's just the way I roll. For everyone else, just go and have fun in heels whatever way you can.

10/2/2010:

With fall having arrived, and the weather crisp, sunny and cool, I decided that it's finally time to break out my thigh boots for a jaunt. Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My brown suede jacket over a blue t-shirt, size 14 women's skinny jeans and the Pleaser Legend 8868 thigh boots. It had been quite some time since I last wore them, so it was like wearing them for the first time all over again, and I must say, that made for a very enjoyable outing. Now, I'm sure other lovers of thigh boots are already aware of this, but you just CAN'T wear them without skin tight jeans, the tighter the better as they help to present a smooth, uniform profile. On top of that, if you happen to have long legs and a nice ass like I do, then you'll look even better in those tight jeans. And on this day, I thought I looked DAMN good!

Heading into downtown, I stopped first at a corner near an ATM for some spending money. After getting out of the car and walking to the corner, a buss drove by and several people stared at me, so I did the only decent thing possible---I waved to them! Thought that was funny! Once I filled up my wallet, it was off to the nearby comic shop where I bought the new week's offerings and chatted with the staff about all things superhero as I often do, neither they, or the half dozen or so other shoppers said a thing about my attire. From there, it was off to South Jersey, stopping at the Barnes & Noble to cruise the aisles and buy some manga, then it was off to the nearby movie multiplex at the Moorestown Mall to catch a showing of Let Me In, the U.S. remake of the critically acclaimed Swedish vampire thriller, Let The Right One In. After buying my ticket, I passed by a young couple (early 20's), the girl smiled and said to me in passing, "Those are great boots!". I smiled back and said thanks. From there I watched the film and thought it was great. If you enjoy a good horror flick with smarts, check out Let Me In.

As I left the mall, I heard a female voice, far younger, thus a teenager squeal from several yards behind me, loud as she could, "OMIGOD! THAT'S A MALE!" Yes, she was talking about me, no doubt about it, but I kept walking, never acknowledging the loudmouthed twit. Following some quality time at the nearby Best Buy, cruising the aisles before leaving with Blu-Ray versions of Iron Man 2 and the original King Kong (don't get me started on my dislike of the 2005 remake). From there, it was back into town, on my way home, I stopped off at a Rite Aid drug store just west of downtown proper to buy some snacks to munch on while watching King Kong (which I'll be off to do after I finish this), as I stood in the checkout line, a black woman who looked to be my age and was carrying an infant smiled at me, then said, and I quote, "You're really working those boots!" Another black woman, younger than her companion nodded and said my boots looked sharp. I smiled back and thanked them both. Three compliments in one outing! How cool was that? As for the squealing teenager, she's not worth mentioning.

All in all, my first outing of the fall season in thigh boots was a darn good one. I had forgotten how much fun it is to wear them, and I felt great the whole time. More thigh boot jaunts will be coming, of that you can be sure!

Jeff ...

My observations:

• You do look DAMN good in that great outfit (I love the boots!)
  • Right on ignoring the loud-mouthed twit
  • I didn't cre for either of the remakes of King Kong...leave it alone it is a classic and especially in black & white
  • I am so glad you got the compliments on your boots. You are so right, the compliments make it really worth while.
Congratulations again and thanks for sharing your outing with us. By the way, what comic books did you buy?

love the outfit Jeff.And i wore a pair of thigh high boots yesterday also.Only my pants where black corduroy.I go with my b/f on sat to the arcade he manages.I had 2 lady coustmers that really liked my boots.And one teen girl look at me but did'nt say a word.And of course she was wearing flip flops lol.If you want to see a pic of the outfit just let me know.Again love the outfit!!

JeffB – The outfit really does look great. It’s hard to beat boots and jeans. It’s good to know the folks in your neck of the woods have similar good taste in footwear as the folks down my way. After a while you start to expect complements on your boots and will be disappointed when you don’t get one.

As for you wearing thigh boot this season, all I can say is… it’s about time.

Enjoy your boots, let’s see more of them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I appreciate 'em! Yeah, I certainly had plenty of fun in that outfit I wore on Saturday as wearing thigh boots with tight jeans was mighty exciting. And getting those compliments made the experience all the better as there are people out there who appreciate good taste in fashion. And yes, I intend to keep working my boots! HA! donnawonna: Sure, I'd like to see a pic! Heck, I might even copy your outfit for a future jaunt! Double HA! roniheels: I've lost track of how many times I've watched the original King Kong, and yet, it never gets old for me. What comics did I buy? Tsk! Already forgotten! D-OH!