The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Greetings JeffB :-)

A nice weekend indeed. Wearing a skirt is so natural for you !

I noticed you are barefooted in your shoes...

Do you wear tiny socks to help prevent sweat ?

(Personally, I cannot wear any closed shoes barefoot)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. As always, your compliments are warmly appreciated. And to answer your question, danielp6406, my little secret is this: cushioned insoles. They make wearing heels easier all year 'round, and allows me to go barefoot in the spring and summer when it's just too darn hot for hosiery. I recommend insoles highly for everyone!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Now it was off into South Jersey, namely the Moorestown Mall where I went to see Iron Man 2.

Wow Jeff I never new how close you live to where I use to be stationed at when I was in the Air Force. Good O'l McGuire the arm pit of the air force! LOL Congrats on your outing's. I am waitning to go see ironman 2 really soon along with the new nightmare on elm st. too!

JeffB:-) I agree with what you say about using insoles as I have some of them inside a few pair of my boots and then I wear some without them. But for me, it is never too hot to wear pantyhose. Enjoy them all year round. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Jeff, through my hiatus I am glad to see that you are still getting the skirts out there! Your outfits are as solid as always and your encounters continue to be interesting. Though it has been a long while for me, I am planning on getting out in a skirt soon again, though every time I seem to plan on it something else seems to pop up. Until then I will live vicariously through yours.

Style is built from the ground up!

Welcome back, HP! It's certainly good to hear from you again, my friend! Many thanks for the kind words, I simply do as best I can, and have fun at the same time, especially when I go out in a skirt!

There are quite a few people here that live vicariously through the people that post their heely adventures here and that also gives them an incentive to go out publically and see if they can somewhat duplicate those adventures for themselves. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Welcome back, HP! It's certainly good to hear from you again, my friend! Many thanks for the kind words, I simply do as best I can, and have fun at the same time, especially when I go out in a skirt!

Great to b back! Just to let you know, I am planning a skirting outing for this week...its been too long...I will keep you posted!

Great to b back! Just to let you know, I am planning a skirting outing for this week...its been too long...I will keep you posted!

Well, I'll certainly be looking forward to that. And I'm sure I'm not alone in voicing that particular sentiment. Isn't it wild that once you get into wearing skirts, it's hard to kick that rather enjoyable habit. I know I'm having more fun than ever!

I am also glad that you've returned to the forum. So many of us missed your comments and pictures. With regard to your planned outing this week, will you go out by yourself or will your wife accompany you?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am also glad that you've returned to the forum. So many of us missed your comments and pictures. With regard to your planned outing this week, will you go out by yourself or will your wife accompany you?

She is perfectly cool with me wearing heels, girl jeans, and loves that I keep my legs shaved, etc. She knows I wear skirts on occasion but I don't think she is quite ready to accompany me on a skirt outing...at least not yet. However, we are planning on going to see Sex and the City 2 on Friday, and she wants me to wear heels...and I am happy to oblige.

5/30/2010:

As yesterday was a sunny, steamy and sticky day, what with temps reaching into the mid 90's, I decided to dress appropriately for my jaunt:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A mild brown colored shirt (called "coffee bean") I bought at Sears on Saturday, my 21 inch khaki skirt from Old Navy, my 2 inch heeled loafers and my short strap handbag. Let me state right at the beginning that on a day as hot as it was, it was amazing how remarkably cool and comfortable I felt in that skirt instead of pants, jeans or even shorts, and that made my little excursion all the more enjoyable to say the least. I guess you could say that it's summer and the skirt wearing is easy! Well, that's what I say anyway! HA! My first stop of the day was to the Borders in Springfield with my laptop, as usual, I parked a goodly distance from the door, even though I wore low heels, they gave off a satisfying click of their own as I walked, by the by, as I approached the door, a guy did a semi-violent double take as he drove past. I found that somewhat humorous. Can't possibly imagine what made him do that. Heh!

Having arrived a little after ten a.m. when the store opened, I was able to grab a good table near the window in the lounge area, and after buying a tall iced tea, I spent the next four plus hours typing away on my laptop, both writing and doing some internet surfing as Borders' Wi-Fi is excellent. I recommend it highly. It was fairly quiet the whole time I was there, not much in the way of people, though those that were in the lounge had their laptops like I did. Around two-thirty, I packed up and left, earning another few turned heads here and there as I crossed the lot to my car, but when I climbed in, I got an unpleasant surprise when my bare thighs came in contact with the very hot leather seat as I forgot to put up my sunshade after I arrived four hours earlier. In other words---YOW!! Try not to follow my example when you wear a skirt on a hot day and always remember to put the sunshade in your car! Please!

Stop number two was down the road to Subway for a light snack, the place was fairly empty, only one customer inside, so I bought a six inch Subway Club with a soda and ate. Then it was off to Best Buy to check out the newest Blu-Ray offerings and buy a wireless mouse for my laptop as using the built-in trackpad had become something of a pain. I minded my business as I wandered around, politely declined offers of assistance from salespeople, checked out a demonstration of Samsung's new 55 inch 3-D HDTV (which was jawdropping, so too was the $6,299 price) and left with a copy of Legion and that wireless mouse, then left for home. All in all, another pleasant outing in a skirt, and, like I said earlier, I felt great, despite the searing heat. Can't wait for my next jaunt!

Jeff ... That is a very nice and cool outfit for this time of year. It is hot and steamy where I live, too. I am re-thinking outfits for me for this summer when I go out in high heels. I have a feeling it is going to be a very hot summer.

Greetings JeffB :-)

A perfect outfit for the hot weather indeed.

I like the color combination of the skirt and shirt.

Well done :)

Can't wait to see for myself if a skirt is as comfortable as you stated on a hot day.

(For now I only wear my skirt inside but the day will come wearing it outside...)

I'm sure it would be nice to feel the warm wind (Too bad there is no wind inside !)

Happy heeling !

JeffB:-) Thats a great looking outfit for a hot day out in a skirt. It even looks cool and you model it well. Have you tried heels with that outfit to see just what the look would be? How about a wide belt that might make the skirt look much shorter even though it would not be? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hey Jeff! Fantastic outfit for the weather we have been having. When I wore my khaki skirt out the other day I had more than one person tell me how "summery" I looked. You looked summery as well. As for the HD 3-D TV, I still haven't got a flat panel. As with everything, the prices will fall - eventually. But it is sure nice to dream, isn't it? Great outing and nice outfit - yet again.

Happyfeat:-) I just recently got a 46" flat panel tv for Mickey but not a 3D. Way too expensive at this time for me. She likes it very much as it is bigger and easier for her to view. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I know that I am setting my self up here for some ribbing from Jeff as well, but my TV is a flat screen CRT with a built in VCR. Yes, I said it, not a DVD, but a VCR. I am still the electronic king of the 20th century...lol So, Jeff while you are heeling around Best Buy, do some scouting for me...

Thanks for the kind words on my outfit, everyone. I appreciate it. I feel that it's important to dress as appropriately for the weather as possible so you'll enjoy maximum comfort on your outing, regardless of it's in the dead of winter or the heat of summer, and I did indeed feel cool and comfortable wearing that skirt last Sunday. And since it looks like we're going to have quite a steamy and sticky summer, I'll be skirting more and more during my jaunts, and, chances are, I'll probably be wearing short skirts to boot as I like showing off my legs! Dawn: it never occurred to me to wear a wider belt, but that's a good idea! I'll try that on a future outing. And I'll try adding heels as well. HappyFeat: GASP! A CRT?!?!? Are those still around? Goodness gracious, you have just GOT to join the 21st century, my friend! Sure, I'd only be too happy to do some scouting for you at Best Buy. Plain old flatscreen LCD sets without the 3-D gadgetry have come down in price, perhaps you don't need a 55 incher like what I have, but I'm sure you can find something affordable.

Happyfeat:-) I just got Mickey a 46" flatscreen HD calibrated TV and even with bad eyesight she can see it in the livingroom, dining room, and even in the kitchen. It's probably about 30' and has a swivel screen and she says she can see it fine and likes it a lot. You probably can pick one up for about $1500 or so. The prices have come down considerably. We got ours at Best Buy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

After reading about TBG having worn capri pants with his thigh boots, I decided to give that a try myself, so I ordered a pair of St. John's Bay capris in dark denim ("Austin Blue") from JCPenney which I picked up yesterday. After I got back home and tried them on, I found they did indeed work well with thigh boots, then, just for fun, I switched the boots for the Payless "Hazel" pumps and thought that combination looked even better, so I'll take them out for a spin at my earliest opportunity and let everyone know what happens!

Thanks for the update Jeff. I think Capris are excellent to wear with tall boots, since you don't have all of that material to bunch around the ankles, etc. I am glad to hear that you are thinking of pairing them with pumps as well because I think it would be a great look for you. It gives the same kind of effect that your get from a skirt but also allows for some variation in your wardrobe. For me, I have found the variation is what is most fun about freestyling. Recently, I have worked Capris, crop pants and shorts into my rotation and have found it to be a great deal of fun. I am looking forward to seeing how your new outfits!

I am glad to hear that you are thinking of pairing them with pumps as well because I think it would be a great look for you. It gives the same kind of effect that your get from a skirt but also allows for some variation in your wardrobe. For me, I have found the variation is what is most fun about freestyling.

Indeed! Since I'm willing to try just about anything once (which led to my passion for skirts), I'm quite eager to take those capris I bought on a jaunt with a polo shirt and pumps. It would make for a perfectly casual outfit for my little Sunday morning excursions to Borders.

Recently, I have worked Capris, crop pants and shorts into my rotation and have found it to be a great deal of fun. I am looking forward to seeing how your new outfits!

Rest assured that outing in capris is on the way!

Capris with heels ? What an interesting idea ! But capri with HH sandals or pumps ? I guess it depends on the capri's style. I think a casual capri would be better with HH sandals... Any input on this are welcome and thank you for the idea ! Will give it a try...

• 3 weeks later...

7/4/2010:

Hard to believe it's been little over a month since my last jaunt. Where DOES the time go? Sheesh! Anyhoo, despite temperatures that reached into the upper 90's today, I went out and about, and here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A magenta polo shirt, a black 37 inch swing skirt from Old Navy, a woven fashion belt from Sears, a black handbag from JCPenney and the Payless "Hazel" pumps. Even though it was dreadfully hot, I felt quite cool in that outfit. Funny thing though, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing shorts beyond my front porch, not even during the worst of summer, but I don't think twice about going out in public while wearing a skirt. Go figure. I guess it's all part of how comfortable I've become wearing clothing associated more with women than men. Anyhoo, I went into South Jersey for my trip as I had a particular destination in mind, that being the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Moorestown as I had bought a Nook e-reader on Friday which is sold at their stores and went there to properly register my new toy so I could start downloading e-books to read. After I arrived, I parked a goodly distance from the store so I could enjoy a little stroll, even though it was hot, a breeze blew the long skirt while I walked, a pleasant experience.

Once inside, I wasted no time getting help at the customer service desk to register my Nook, getting it done in little over five minutes, pretty as you please. Then I retreated to an area of the store to sit in a chair and play with my new gizmo. And here's where I had an interesting little encounter. While fiddling with the Nook, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a middle aged black woman dressed like someone twenty years younger in a purple midriff top, a matching short shirt and high heeled sandals gave me a noticeably sour look from twenty feet away before slinking off, but I paid her no mind as I was long used to such expressions. However, ten minutes later, that same woman walked up to me, hands on hips and looking annoyed, she asked me the following question: "Do you know who Mickey Mouse is?" Unprepared for such an unusual inquiry, I asked her to repeat the question, she said, a tad louder, "Do you know who Mickey Mouse from Disneyland is?" When I replied that I did, she retorted, "Good! Because he knows that he's a boy!"

Nonplussed, I shrugged and said, "I'll keep that in mind." But she had already spun around and tromped off. Like I said, unusual. I can only guess that the sight of a guy dressed in a skirt and heels considerably raised her hackles, but damn, to come at me out of left field like she had was puzzling to say the least. Fortunately, I put that kook out of my mind and resumed having fun with my new toy for a good hour or more before I headed out for a couple more stops, one being Best Buy to buy a new clock-radio for my bedroom as my old one had crapped out on me. Arriving in the lot, I just hopped out and went in the store, no doubt I turned a goodly number of heads, I know I always do when I wear a skirt, I'm not naive, I know I attract attention, but, unlike that loopjob in B&N, no one came up to me with peculiar questions, even though I spent a solid hour in the store before leaving. My last stop with to the nearby Moorestown Mall where I casually walked through Sears and into the mall itself as I went to Auntie Anne's to buy a tall cup of lemonade.

I didn't mind the occasional double take here and there as I waited in line, but there weren't all that many as the mall wasn't too crowded because of the holiday. In fact, I rather enjoyed being seen, call it a cheap thrill, but it was fun for me, boldly breaking society's narrowminded convention about what men can or can't wear. I don't show off or anything like that, not my style, I simply go where I will, dressed the way I like with a purely casual air like my choice of clothing was no big deal and let nature take it's course regarding my being in the world's fishbowl. THIS is what freestyling is all about for me these days, I don't expect anyone else here to follow in my footsteps, but this is the course I've set for myself, and I have no intention of veering from it. There's more destinations left in my journey, and I can't wait to hit the road again! And soon!

JeffB ...

Loved the post and I especially loved the outfit and high heels. You looked very comfortable and it looked like it would be a cool outfit in the hot weather. As far as the kooky woman, I can't remember anyone approaching me when I'm wearing high heels like she confronted you. And of course you did the right thing by ignoring her and getting on with your business. Like you, I enjoy all the reactions, positive or negative, just to observe who said it and what was said. Thanks for sharing your day with us.