The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB - Dawn HH - Thighbootguy

For now, I don't own any thigh high boots (This may change next winter...)

The highest pair I got are those below which are just under the knee.

I never had a chance (or guts) to show them fully exposed yet.

If I do, I guess I will make many head turns...:smile:

post-14338-133522910885_thumb.jpg

Good heavens! I'm shocked that you haven't shown off those boots! They're beautiful! By all means, show them for all the world to see, turned heads be damned!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with Jeff. Those boots need to be seen for sure.

Great boots Daniel, give it a go over the pants!!!!

It's all about the heel!

JeffB ... Great outing! I too love the sound of stiletto heels on pavement and tile. I was at a museum lately and also got "some looks" as I was wearing black patent leather stiletto high heels, but everyone was cordial to mee and eventually paid no attention to my high heels. Please keep sharing your jaunts with us, my friend. We all enjoy reading them.

JeffB - Dawn HH - Thighbootguy - Mr.X - Tiffany - Bootking

Looks like you have the same positive opinion about my boots ... Thank you all !

FYI: I am OK to wear my heels under jeans (with visible heels / any height)

or my riding boots over jeans in public without any problem.

But stiletto heel boots over jeans would be another "big step" for me.

The heel is the same but the fully exposed shaft & heel give a complete different look.

I agree the look is amazing, but I guess I don't want to show a "girly" look too much.

I know it is only "in my head" and they are "only shoes" after all.

I want to wear them fully exposed but at the same time my brain is preventing me to do so !

(Now my brain is more confused than ever...Will dream about it tonight...)

Happy heeling all !

(PS: Sorry JeffB if I hyjacked your thread for a while...It was not my intention)

I agree the look is amazing, but I guess I don't want to show a "girly" look too much.

I know it is only "in my head" and they are "only shoes" after all.

I want to wear them fully exposed but at the same time my brain is preventing me to do so !

Well, just do what I do when going on outings....turn off your brain and enjoy yourself! I know that sounds ridiculously simplistic, but that's truly the only way to go!

(PS: Sorry JeffB if I hyjacked your thread for a while...It was not my intention)

Don't worry about it. Forums like these are all about sharing, and I'm glad you showed off those cool boots of yours!

DanielP6406:-) Jeff and the others are absolutely right. Those are fantastic looking boots and should be shown. When wearing thighhigh boots I always wore pantyhose as they are much easier to pull on and have a much better fit and the feeling is the best feeling that you can have as you slide your foot slowly into the boot until it hits bottom and your foot takes the shape of the heel and toe box and then you slowly zip them all of the way up and enjoy just how they fit around your calves and upper legs. Um-um! There just isn't anything better. Try a pair and be sure to let us all know just how you feel doing what we do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Today I went to the shopping mall to pick-up my new sandals.

(See other thread "Who has bought some new shoes)

I was wearing these boots over my jeans for the first time.

Got a few head turns and smiles but I ignore them.

You were right: The sky didn't fall and I am still alive !

And it was a lot of fun too ! :)

(Way more fun than wearing them under jeans...)

post-14338-133522911455_thumb.jpg

Bravo, my friend! BRAVO! See? It wasn't all that hard, was it? And it sounds like you had fun too! Congrats on expanding your horizons!

Great Daniel, I can't wait for pics with your boots over your jeans:p

See---we all told you so. Great, isn't it and I'll bet you can't wait to do it again and again, and then some.

Congrats. Next step---thighboots.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Greetings Dawn HH :-)

Before wearing thighboots (Will see about this next fall...), my (dream) next step would

be to wear black stiletto and blue jeans in public the same way as picture below.

What an amazing look it is !

FYI before you ask, it's not me you see on that picture.

(Credit for this picture goes to "Miss Bottes")

Great Daniel, I can't wait for pics with your boots over your jeans:p

Greetings Pierre :-)

Will send you a picture of my boots and jeans soon !

post-14338-133522911493_thumb.jpg

Greetings Dawn HH :-)

Before wearing thighboots (Will see about this next fall...), my (dream) next step would

be to wear black stiletto and blue jeans in public the same way as picture below.

What an amazing look it is

I like it too! And am also working towards this. Nice pic BTW.

5/2/2010:

With plenty of sunshine, hazy skies and temps in the upper 80's today, it was time for an outing, and given how warm it was, I opted for wearing a skirt. Here's the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A red Old Navy polo shirt, the 19 inch black denim skirt (the tight skirt I wore a few weeks ago) from JCPenney, the Payless "Hazel" pumps, bare legs and my short strap handbag. The more I wear skirts on my outings, the more comfortable in them I become, and on a day that was humid and hot, I felt cooler than I would in (ugh) pants or jeans. The first stop of the day was to a gas station in the western 'burbs to fill up, when I arrived and got out, pretty as you please, a black female at the station next to the one I pulled up to gave me a wide eyed stare, I noticed that out of the corner of my eye, but paid her no mind. After I came out of the store where I paid for my purchase, that woman was gone anyway. Once I finished gassing up, it was off to my regular weekend haunt, the Borders bookstore in Springfield with my laptop to enjoy some writing.

I arrived just after ten a.m when the store opened. As is my regular routine, I parked a goodly distance away so I could enjoy that delightful walk so I can listen to my heels on the pavement and see my reflection in the storefront, and, admittedly, I thought I looked pretty darn good, especially in the short, tight skirt I wore. If that's vanity, so be it, I'm not about to deny the obvious. Once I entered and walked to the lounge area, sparsely populated, again, like the last time, I caught someone looking my way when they heard the heels clicking, thinking it was a woman, this time, it was a college guy at his laptop who was caught off-guard when he saw me, then he quickly turned away, looking a tad embarrassed. I didn't show it, but I found that humorous. I spent a good four hours in the lounge (longer than I thought), but I had a good time as I sat at my laptop, though every now and then, I had to covertly pull my skirt down when it hiked up around my thighs, even though it was unlikely anyone saw me as I sat at a table.

Around 2 p.m., with the lounge area having filled up to capacity, I packed up my gear, stood up, casually smoothed my skirt and calmly walked out, what with a few patrons glancing my way as I strolled out of the lounge area and then out the store. Standing a few feet to the left of the door outside were half a dozen young black women dressed in their Sunday best, I guess they had come from church. I ignored them as I walk past, but heard one of them say, "Oh my goodness! Would you look at that!" with humor in her voice. No doubt the lady who said that was referring to me, but hey, it was no big deal as I kept on walking. It should be mentioned that I heard no laughter. From there, it was off to Micro Center, a computer store a few miles away to buy a lock slot for my laptop, the store, like Borders, had a good crowd, but I just walked on in like I owned the place, found what I needed, paid for said item, then left for home. I didn't flaunt my eclectic appearance, I simply went about my business.

Another good outing where I dressed in the clothing I wanted to wear, where I looked and acted completely nonchalant about my appearance, which is the ONLY way to act when you choose to wear clothing that isn't traditionally associated with men. I don't make a big deal about being a man who chooses to wear a skirt and heels, it's my life, my decision and I'm totally comfortable with that.

Congratulations Jeff on another fine outing. Sounds as if the Black ladies got a nice view of you. You may have looked nicer than they did. Your skirt looks sexy on you as does the whole outfit. You are doing what most of us would never dream of doing. I say more power to you. I'm sure you are having a ball.

Well, thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind words. I simply do as best I can, and somehow manage to have fun along the way. These are indeed great times to be a fashion freestyler!

5/9/2010:

Even though the calendar say May, it felt more like late March, what with blustery winds blowing constantly throughout the day, dropping temps considerably as I don't think we saw the high side of 55 while it felt rather nippy. With that in mind, I dressed appropriately for today's jaunt to the western 'burbs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket, brought out of storage for the day over a gray turtleneck, a 37 inch A-line skirt from JCPenney, my wide black leather belt, the Pleaser "Vanity 2013" knee boots and my short strap handbag. Why such a long skirt you ask? Wearing a long voluminous A-line skirt on a windy day and having it blow about your legs like a flag is great fun, and when I heard what the forecast was, I couldn't wait to wear it, and I did. When I arrived at my regular Sunday haunt, Borders in Springfield with my laptop to do some writing, as usual, I parked a fair distance away so I could indulge in that long walk to the front door, thrilling to both the long skirt blowing about my legs AND the sharp clicking of the four inch heels on the pavement. Ahh! Delightful! I felt bold and wonderful. And yeah, I looked great too!

The four plus hours spent in the bookstore lounge was uneventful, at least until around 12:30 when I paused from my typing to buy myself a cup of hot tea while there was a fair crowd in the lounge area. After buying my tea, I went to a nearby island where the sugar, stirrers and tops were, while putting sugar in my tea, I heard a voice behind me saying "Excuse me, Miss." Twice. I turned around and saw an old woman in what I guessed was her late 50's standing behind me, when she saw that I wasn't a Miss, her mouth fell open, then she grinned sheepishly and said, "Oops! Sorry!" I grinned and told her it was no problem. Back at my table, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the old woman was at another table with another woman and two men around her age. Turns out they were all, well, slowminded, if you know what I mean. That explained why the woman called me Miss, no doubt she jumped to a conclusion after seeing the skirt and heels. No big deal, heaven knows I've been called worse. Lots worse.

Around 2:30, I packed up and left the bookstore as I had another couple of stops to make before going home. Stop number two was at the Springfield Mall where I wanted to visit the Suncoast Video store to see what new anime had come in. However, the lot was packed, no doubt because it was Mother's Day and lots of people were out and about, it took a good fifteen minutes to find a spot, once I did, I hopped out, pretty as you please and went into the mall. Confidence was high, and I wanted to be seen by the world at large. Once inside the mall which was bustling, idly noticing a turned head or double take here and there, I discovered, much to my sorrow, that the Suncoast store was closed, a big time bummer as that was a good place to buy anime. But, the trip wasn't a loss as I strolled to the Borders store there and spent a good fifteen minutes in the manga aisle where I bought a couple of volumes of a favorite series I'm currently reading. Paying for my purchase, I casually left the store, then the mall.

My final stop of the day was to Best Buy to see if they had any new anime or Blu-Ray titles. Again, calm and cool, I strolled into the store which was also fairly full as is often the case on a Sunday afternoon, but I expected that. Wasn't many turned heads or odd looks during the over half hour Ispent in the store, heck, there wasn't much of anything, other than the occasional salesperson who walked up to me and asked if I needed help, which I didn't. After nearly six hours in a skirt and heels, I felt quite at ease, felt perfectly natural in what I wore, like it was very much commonplace for me to wear women's clothing and footwear, and, to be honest, it did. If there's one reason I choose to fight the so-called "order" of what men are supposed to wear, it's because I love being different, I love wearing what I want, not what society demands. I'm right at home in a skirt and heels, and that shows every time I'm out and about.

Way to go, JeffB! I have to admit to being a tiny bit envious of you being able to do the skirts thing, but you have the physique to pull it off wonderfully! I love how a well-rounded chap such as yourself can put together awesome outfits and go forth into the world with your head held high!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

JeffB:-) A great outfit for a cold day with the long skirt and boots. Guaranteed to keep your legs warmer than a short skirt. Keep going as you are. Congrats. They look fantastic with the leather jacket. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

With warm, sunny and pleasant weather all this weekend, I went on a "doubleheader" outing on both Saturday AND Sunday.

5/15/2010:

Saturday's outing was into South Jersey, and here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A navy polo shirt from JCPenney, a 22 inch denim skirt, 2 inch heeled loafers and my short strap handbag. I was in a casual mood, nothing particularly fancy, just something uncomplicated to goof around in while out and about. Stop number one was to my favorite comic shop downtown where I was welcomed by the staff and spent a good twenty minutes yakking about the newest comics, plotlines in said new books and Iron Man 2, but I pleaded with them not to tell me anything about the flick as I was on my way to see it. Had a semi-interesting encounter at stop number two, a Rite Aid drug store where I went to buy a newspaper, as I was headed in, a young couple dressed in their Sunday best (tux for the man, fancy dress for the girl) were on their way out, the guy, while holding the door for me was slack-jawed and wide-eyed as if he'd seen something incredible, what that cold be I had no idea.

Five minutes later when I came out of the store, the man in the tux was waiting for me, and yes, he asked the obvious question: "I apologize for being nosy, but I was curious, why are you wearing a skirt?" while his lady friend, looking a tad mortified because of his curiosity stood next to a car a few feet away. With a shrug, I told him because I like to and it's comfortable to wear. I then posed a question to him, "Do you find it odd to see a man wearing a skirt?" He was silent for a minute then said, "Yeah, it was, but if that's what you like, hey, more power to you. I guess." I nodded from appreciation, then we went our separate ways. Now it was off into South Jersey, namely the Moorestown Mall where I went to see Iron Man 2. Heedless of how I was dressed, I got out of the car and walked right into the mall and to the theater where I bought my ticket and went in. That's the only way to go frankly.

After the movie ended (and I thought it was great), nature called. Uh-oh! No matter, since I already had a men's room trip in a skirt under my belt from back in late December (ironically enough, that was at this mall too), so I just went to the bathroom to do my business. However, the single stall was already occupied, and two guys were waiting on the urinals. Double uh-oh! The guys got a good look at me but said nothing while I patiently waiting on the stall, effecting a bored expression while I did. Once the stall was open, I went right in and did my business. By the time I finished, the place was empty, after washing my hands, I walked out and left the mall. no harm, no foul. Stop number four was to the nearby Barnes & Noble to hunt for new manga to buy, nothing exciting happened there as while I did get an odd look here and there, no one gave me the time of day. Rather simple at that.

I think that the casual look, helping me blend in with my surroundings (as best I could) went a long way towards my successful outing. It was just a fun filled day in a skirt, and that was more than good enough for me.

5/16/2010:

Sunday was just as nice weatherwise as Saturday. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A black polo shirt from JCPenney, a 19 inch denim skirt, the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in black and my now familiar short strap handbag. Unlike Saturday, I had a hankering for heels and wanted to take the LF's for a spin as I headed west into Springfield. Most of the outing was spent at stop number one, the Borders bookstore where I now come on a weekly basis with my laptop to get in some writing. As is my routine, when I arrived in the parking lot, I parked a good distance away from the store, even though there were plenty of spaces closer to the store as I arrived some ten minutes after the store opened, but I want to enjoy that little stroll, enjoy hearing the four inch heels on the pavement which I was so used to wearing after all this time, they almost felt like flats. After strolling into the store, I went right to the lounge area where I set up my machine, bought an iced tea and typed away.

Some three hours later, feeling hungry, I packed up my gear and left for Subway and lunch. It was rather neat as no one gave me so much as I second look as I strolled through, the heels clicking loudly on the wooden floor, everyone was doing their own thing and I was pretty much ignored. I guess that was a good thing. Heh! Subway was equally as unremarkable as no one else was in the store when I walked in, I ordered a foot long Meatball sammich and enjoyed it in complete silence as no one came in the store the whole time I was there. From there, it was off for my last stop of the day, Best Buy to see what was new in the Blu-Ray and anime aisles. Once again, other than the odd look and turned head, I didn't raise any ruckus, but almost caused a commotion when my left heel started to slide out from under me on the slick tile floor, but I managed to correct myself before I fell. Whew!

Like Saturday, it was a good outing, one made even better by wearing heels. Like Saturday, after I returned home, I was reluctant to change since I had so much fun wearing my outfit, being in a skirt and heels feels so natural to me, and I feel so at ease in such a combo, like I've been doing this forever. I find that particularly exciting and exhilirating!