The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

3/28/2010:

Because of a prior commitment, I wasn't able to go out and about on Saturday when the weather was sunny and relatively comfortable, so it only stands to reason that I went out today when it was overcast and chilly. Go figure. Anyhoo, here's the outfit I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket over a pale gold turtleneck, a black, 37 inch A-line skirt from JCPenney, L'eggs off-black pantyhose, Pleaser Vanity 2013 boots, the wide black leather belt and my faux croc print handbag. While I've come to enjoy wearing short skirts, if but, for no other reason than to show off my legs, today, I just felt like wearing a calf length model, however, because I'm vain enough to believe I look damn good in ANY length skirt, I decided to take this one out on a spin. And since the temps were barely in the 40's, I figured it was a better option to go with length with equalled comfort, given the weather.

My first stop in the western 'burbs was to Borders for some quality reading time. As is my regular concession to vanity, I intentionally parked a good distance from the store so I could partake in that long walk to the front door, listening to the click-clack of my heels on the pavement while watching my reflection in the storefront as the skirt swished about my legs. Friends, words fail me in describing just how incredibly good that felt, there was just a certain...something about wearing that long skirt which was positively delightful. Once inside, I took four magazines (two being Mac mags so I could read up on the upcoming iPad) and a large iced tea to the lounge area and, after removing my jacket and getting comfy in a chair, I proceeded to have a pleasant time reading the mags and sipping on my iced tea. The relaxation factor during the hour and a half spent there was quite high for me, and even though the store did get quite crowded while I was there, no one gave me the time of day, though I did get a few looks here and there.

Stop number two after Borders was to Subway for lunch, the place was empty when I arrived and after placing my order (six inch meatball, yum!), I ate, having the dining area all to myself. No big deal. Stop number three was down the road to the Springfield Mall as I wanted to swing by Suncoast Video to look for some anime, the mall was fairly crowded as it was around two p.m., but that didn't bother me as I just hopped out of the car and strolled into the mall, pretty as you please. Once inside, I did get a few odd glances and long stares here and there, but no one said a thing as I went down to the lower level where Suncoast was and went in where I spent a good twenty or so minutes ogling the anime aisles, then the Blu-Ray aisles before making a purchase, then I headed out, nearly bumping into a trio of teenage girls who went all wide eyed and gasped when they saw me. We locked eyes for a couple of seconds, I stared right at the girls, no nerves, no anxiety, no nothing...and THEY blinked and quietly rushed away from me.

Breaking into a smirk from my little victory, I casually strolled out of the mall, hopped in the car and drove home. All in all, a good outing, proudly wearing a skirt and heels (and sporting a handbag) and feeling great about myself, and that was BEFORE encountering those girls. That's the key to public heeling, that it's important to feel great as well as confident, when you show that face to the world, you just can't lose!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ah yes, the young girls - whose world just goes *kaboom!* when they experience someone who shatters their perceptions of what they know, and they just don't quite know what to make of the situation. Sounds like you handled it with grace and style, like you always do! Love the look with the long skirt there, JeffB! I hope you have many more cool outings like you did today!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

JeffB – Looking good my friend… Looking good.

Isn’t it nice to have some “comfortable” places to go heeling? But it sounds like you were looking for a little adventure when you headed to the mall.

Wow, a gaggle of giggly girls (GGG), that can be a real challenge but it sounds like you managed quite well. ShockQueen has summed up that group to a tee, but once I did have has a GGG go nuts over my boots. :smile:

You’re going to have to try a leather skirt on of these days. They can be a lot of fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB:-) Well, you handled that GGG with applomb in a JeffB way as usual. Congrats. That outfit you wore was a great outfit for a cool day of weather out in public heeling your way along happily. Good look topped off with a wide belt to divide the color combination. Looks quite comfortable for the season. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

3/28/2010:

then I headed out, nearly bumping into a trio of teenage girls who went all wide eyed and gasped when they saw me. We locked eyes for a couple of seconds, I stared right at the girls, no nerves, no anxiety, no nothing...and THEY blinked and quietly rushed away from me.

Jeff, you have some of the greatest outings, and fun when doing them! Outfit was great, but the teenage girls thing - you had me roaring!!!

Thanks for the big smiles!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! As always, I appreciate it! Regarding that encounter with those teenage girls, my impromptu staredown was the best I could come up with on the spur of the moment, but wound up being the best option as I wanted to, well, control the situation with the girls, not let them get the upper hand if that makes any sense. Maybe I frightened them with that stare, who knows, but it got the job done, and that's the important thing. Meanwhile, going through the mall was more of an adventure than what I usually do, but it was fun too, while my face was neutral and impassive, my heart was absolutely pounding, all things considered, it was quite an experience. As for the long skirt, I enjoyed wearing it because it was very stylish when paired with the Pleaser boots. Hopefully, I can get to wear that combo again before the weather warms up.

Perhaps, Jeff, your "look" was so stylish that the girls were really surprised at how nice you looked, which incidentally, probably was also a very good example of how to dress when going to the mall -- which, if the teenage girls around here are any sample, really need some guidance....beginning with those ugly flip-flops that are reappearing now that our weather is getting warmer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) As you say, the ugly flip-flops are already appearing as the weather modifies itself. But I have also noticed a small trend down at the Science Center beginning to appear. I have noticed a good many young girls wearing pretty flats, both round toed and pointed toed, and a good many ballet flats also. A longer period of time will determine if this is a welcome trend or not before we can safely say that the use of flip-flops is on the way out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bubba136: Well, between the return of flip-flops (saw more than a few girls wearing them, despite temps no better than mid 40's) and the ever wretched Uggs, footwear mistakes abounded, and then some! I seriously doubt I could teach those knuckleheads anything! Dawn HH: I agree about the abundance of pretty looking flats women have been wearing, even I've taken interest in them and wouldn't mind wearing a pair if they were only available in 13 wide.

Dawn & Jeff; I have also noticed several girls wearing "flats" style shoes. It also appears that the more stylish and "pretty" their shoes, the better dressed they are. I mean, although they might be wearing jeans and blouses, the jeans look new or clean and pressed and the tops starched and ironed. Really a step up from the usual "ghetto" look they seem so fond of.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree about the abundance of pretty looking flats women have been wearing, even I've taken interest in them and wouldn't mind wearing a pair if they were only available in 13 wide.

Greetings JeffB :-)

Same with me: I noticed many girls and women beginning to wear plats these days.

Even if they got no heels, they make a very nice looking feet. (Specially with nice legs and tight jeans...)

Unfortunately, if the feet is too long (like most of us), the look is not the same at all.

(Just my opinion...)

I'm glad that others here have observed what I have observed at the Science Center. It seems to be a good place to be to view any suttle changes in the dress of the young girls and woman. Now if only the young boys would shape up their appearance and get rid of those awful oversized baggy pants with the pockets down at calf length. I'll be working there on Easter Sunday and I am anticipating seeing some wonderful Easter outfits on the girls and women and maybe some heel sightings too. Sure makes my job much more interesting for me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

4/11/2010:

With plenty of sunshine, blue skies and temps in the low 70's late this morning, it was time for a jaunt. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A merlot polo shirt, a 19 inch black denim skirt from JCPenney, the Payless "Hazel" pumps, bare legs and my short strap handbag. A note about the skirt I wore, it's the same one I wore a couple of weeks ago, but this one was a size smaller than the other and, as a result, it was delightfully snug and emphasized my butt. Whoo! It's one thing to wear a short skirt, but quite another to wear a short, tight skirt, and I loved the experience! My first stop of the day out in the western 'burbs was to Staples in Springfield, you see, I had bought a laptop the previous day and needed a case to carry it around in, so I went there to buy one. Getting out of the car and walking to the door, enjoying the sharp click on the heels on the pavement, a wiggle in my hips, a mother and her young daughter, having left the door both gave me a wide eyed stare as I walked past.

Once inside, I asked for assistance from a salesperson who gave me a friendly smile and led me to the aisle where the cases were. I spent a goodly fifteen to twenty minutes choosing which case would suit me, the store was fairly empty, only a few customers were inside, so it was all cool, after picking out a case, I casually strolled to the register, paid for my purchase and left, pretty as you please. After putting the computer in it's new case, it was off to Borders. As is my usual custom, I intentionally parked a good distance from the store so I could enjoy a good little walk and, like outside Staples, I turned a couple of heads on my way to the door. I guess the sight of a middle-aged guy in a tight skirt and high heels was a tad unusual. Heh! After entering, I went straight to the lounge area, bought an iced tea and spent some quality time with my brand new toy.

By the by, the lounge area is bare floor, and quiet as it is, my heels sounded like gunshots as I walked past, a couple of people looked up from their own laptops, probably expecting to see a woman, but were noticeably startled to see a guy instead. I tried not to grin, but I found that to have been humorous. I wound up spending a couple of hours in the lounge area with the laptop, using it to do some serious writing and a wee bit of web surfing before having to pack up and answer the demands of my stomach as it was lunchtime. Another terrific outing for me, while I didn't break any new territory, it was, as usual, great to be out and about in a skirt and heels which feels perfectly natural to me, and is tremendous fun as well!

JeffB:-) You rascal you. I can just picture you srutting your stuff past all of those unsuspecting people who thought a woman was walking by. What fun for you, my friend. Don't stop now---keep on public heeling as long as possible. Cheers--- Dawn HH

you definately have alot of bottle going about your business dressed how you feel comfortable and to not even think twice about people's generalisations. Your an inspiration for every male heeler and skirt wearer and for that i admire you greatly. keep up the good work! heelguy

Jeff ... I have always admired you fashion preference, your choice of high-heeled footware, but especially your attitude when heeling in public. I think of you and some others here at the site when I spend a day wearing high heels in public. I congratulate you on your latest outing and I thank you again for sharing it with us. Please keep the posts coming.

kfsteve391: Thanks for the compliment. Me? Sexy? Well, I wouldn't go THAT far! HA! Dawn HH: Yeah, that's me, the rascal! It was quite humorous about how I fooled those people. That was perhaps the best part of my outing! heelguy: Well, I'm glad to be an inspiration to you. That certainly makes me feel good inside, knowing people look up to me in that way. roniheels: The proper attitude is important when it comes to wearing heels in public. You have to act like you belong in whatever environment you're in, you have to act bold and confident, if you don't, you'll never get anywhere. Bootking: HA! Why not! I had fun wearing that skirt! And I plan to wear it again soon!

4/18/2010:

Despite plenty of blue skies and sunshine, it was mildly nippy, what with temps in the mid 50's, so I dressed appropriately for today's jaunt with the following outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket over a black turtleneck which was under a Polo sweater, my tight gray jeans, the Pleaser "Legend" 8868 thigh high boots and my short strap black handbag. Even though I had jeans on, I didn't want to disturb the clean lines with bulges in my pockets from my wallet, keys and cellphone. Besides, I've come to enjoy carrying a handbag which is fun and has become as natural to me as, well, wearing high heels. And, with that, it was off to the western 'burbs with my first stop being Borders for some quality time with my new laptop to put through it's paces. I arrived in the lot where Borders was just after ten when it opened, as usual, I parked a distance away so I could enjoy my usual stroll through the lot for the thrill of hearing my heels on the pavement as I approached the store. God! That awesome clicking sound is so intoxicating!

Once inside, I noticed that it was pretty quiet and the lounge area was fairly empty, so, after choosing a table, I bought a large iced tea and sat down to fiddle around with the new toy, going online via Borders' Wi-Fi capability, something that wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. While I sat at a table where people could see me and my boots, I was left alone for the almost two hours I was in the store, a bit of a shame as I'm always eager to engage curious and complimentary people in conversation about my eclectic choice of footwear. By around noon, my stomach was rumbling, so I packed up, grabbed my jacket, bought an anime magazine and it was out the door I went and then it was off to Subway for lunch. Subway, just like Borders was uneventful, save for one middle aged man who paused from eating to give me a long, puzzled look after I entered.

My final stop of the day after Subway was to Best Buy for some leisurely wandering and gadget ogling for almost forty-five minutes here and there. Now, I did get more than a few looks, stares and double takes from shoppers young and old, but no one bothered me, well aware of eyes on me, I maintained my casual expression, as if what I was wearing on my feet was no big deal, because to me, it wasn't. I was simply wearing what I like, nothing more, nothing less, if what I wore wasn't looked upon as being "conventional" for a male to wear, so what? As I've said before, I don't let society influence my choice in fashion, I make that choice, and I choose to wear high heels. End of story. Meanwhile, I'm sure Thighbootguy has heard this from me before, but damn, wearing thigh boots is so much fun! Hopefully, I can wear them again before it gets too warm outside!

JeffB:-) You are not only happy wearing tight skirts, but tight jeans with your thigh high boots. No question what they are when people see you wearing them and wearing them well. Cheers--- Dawn HH

...I was simply wearing what I like, nothing more, nothing less, if what I wore wasn't looked upon as being "conventional" for a male to wear, so what? As I've said before, I don't let society influence my choice in fashion, I make that choice, and I choose to wear high heels. End of story...

Well said and well done on your last outing :smile:

I agree with you: It must be quite amazing wearing your thigh high boots !

Maybe one day I will do the same !

Happy heeling all !

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Yeah, I guess I am kinda pushing the envelope by wearing tight skirts and jeans. It's great fun, and, I like to think I have the butt to pull it off! And yeah, daniel, wearing thigh boots IS amazing! By all means, give it a try!

...And yeah, daniel, wearing thigh boots IS amazing! By all means, give it a try!

...You will think that you died and went to heaven when you wear them. Cheers---Dawn HH

Hmmm...You both are beginning to really convince me to give it a try...:smile:

Hmmm...You both are beginning to really convince me to give it a try...:smile:

Sure! Go ahead! You only get one ride on this rollercoaster called life. Go ahead, wear those boots and have some fun!